Please call for more details.

1st Choice Home Improvements Inc.

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2007

4.1

3890 Pasco St

Pensacola, FL 32505

**FREE CONSULTATIONS on ALL REMODELING!!**Serving the Gulf Coast since '99, 1st Choice Home Improvements has earned numerous awards, honors and national recognition. This includes being listed as Qualified Remodeler's Top 500 in the nation for 17 consecutive years. Furthermore, we've held an A+ rating with the BBB since 1999. In addition, 1st Choice Home Improvements was awarded the BBB Torch Award for Ethics in 2016. FLORIDA LICENSE # CBC1255260 ALABAMA LICENSE # 20945...

10/10/2019

Dave H.

One word... "sucked". Took nearly 7 months to complete the process. Twice crews were scheduled and never showed (lost two days of pay waiting for NOTHING). One window failed the housing inspection and took forever to get a crew to fix it (many never returned calls). I almost contacted the city and BBB. During initial scheduling and final completion, they hardly ever returned my calls. 1st Choice is my Never Choice again.... another company will do the windows for our extension to our house...

Description of Work
All our windows were upgraded

08/29/2017

bill G.

Fantastic job and very professional. They cleaned all areas they worked in. The workers were very nice and answered all my questions.

Description of Work
replace house windows

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your feedback. I will pass your comments along to Scott and our production department. If we can be of further service in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us. Sincerely, Doc Dykes Marketing Director

12/22/2016

Erin O.

Both projects went very smoothly. I was educated very thoroughly about the workings and benefits of the products, in contrast with other choices I could've made. I was kept well informed throughout the entire process (from quoting, ordering, beginning and inspections, etc) of what was going on, what needed to happen and in what time frame I could expect completion. The entire production crew was extremely knowledgeable and capable with the work and with the products. They were very respectful, quick and discreet and worked hard to make sure everything was done properly and in the right time frame. They even walked me through each type of window at the very end to show me all the mechanisms as well as the safety features. Also, with the installation of the new windows, I have saved approximately 40-60% per month on electrical bills. My old A/C unit was working so hard to keep the house cool and now it only kicks on half as often. 10 out of 10 would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
I have had two houses re-outfitted with windows (one house built in 1977, the other in 2001)

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for submitting your review. It's been a pleasure working with you over the past couple of years. We look forward to working with you in 2017 on your other projects. I will pass your review along to the 1st Choice team. We always strive for an "A"! Have a Happy Holiday!, Sincerely, Doc Dykes Marketing Director 1st Choice Home Improvements

09/27/2016

Ed W.

Did not contact

Description of Work
Did not contact

Category remodeling

02/09/2016

Diane S.

High pressured sales. He was very knowledgeable. At the end, he wanted us to sign that day for additional 10% discount.

Description of Work
He came out to give estimate on storm shutters.

Category remodeling, hurricane shutters

We greatly appreciate your kind review. We always make sure that our customers are well taken care of, give it our 200% BEST, and look forward to earning your business again in the future on your next project!

08/04/2015

Donald O.

They did a good job. We won't know until we get a hurricane, but I hope I never get one to find out. They cleaned up after themselves, you would never even know they were here except everything was done. I was sitting in a chair watching them work. My chair broke and I fell and hit my head. They came and helped me up.

Description of Work
Installed hurricane shield and installed a storm door.

Category siding, doors, hurricane shutters

10/21/2014

Nelson K.

We were really happy and very pleased with them. They did good work. We were pleased with what they did, but my husband and I weren't really pleased with one of their workers. He was really chatty with us and he would track dust in while he was doing the tile in the bathroom and he had grout dumped in my flowerbed and not by the ditch. I really didn't like that. I didn't think it was very professional, but the rest of the people in that company were excellent. At the end of the job they asked for a survey, and we did tell them about that and they apologized. They were on time, they stuck to their quote, and they were professional.

Description of Work
We had a screen on the porch put on at the back of our house by 1st Choice Home Improvements, and they also redid our bathroom. We upgraded our master bathroom. They took a wall out of our house and they did all the sheet rock.

Category screen repair, home remodeling

06/24/2014

Chris J.

We got quotes from other companies, but I was impressed by how Craig, our initial contact, never told us something couldn't be done as other companies did. One company told us we could not remove a walI, which was not load bearing, without placing a huge beam, and that they would probably have to redo the floor. I was adament about keeping our tile floor and once again, Craig was almost immediately looking for matching tile. (We were able to salvage enough tile to use in the new area) He took measurements, notes and made suggestions. He met us at the supplier for appliances to make sure of requirements, measurements, etc. The job took 5 weeks but in the end was worth all the inconvenience of being without a kitchen that long. The kitchen was completely gutted and a wall was removed to open up the area. We had custom cabinets and quartz countertops placed. The ceiling was reworked to match where the wall had been. New lighting was installed. It all looks great. Not everything was perfect, but we expected issues might come up since they were dealing with an older house. The electrical had to be rewired, but they jumped right on it and the added cost wasn't too bad and well worth the peace of mind. We had a few minor issues but overall we are very happy with the work. I only lost it once when no one showed up to work one day, but I must admit that after that things moved very quickly. Our kitchen went from a 1970 size to a huge open room with an island. They took care of everything on our "punch"list before completing the job and recently came out (5 months later) to adjust a few doors on the cabinets.

Description of Work
Complete remodel and expansion of kitchen

Category remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling

05/15/2014

Jimmy J.

They responded to "Home Advisor" but will not come a give a quote unless both man and wife present!! Said they needed 90 minutes to give quote, obviously had a sales pitch to give to both!! Their response is so much bunk. They made it very clear they are not interested if they can't do their sales pitch to both homeowners together. Theirs is not a "FREE" service, nothing they do is free. Giving a quote is not a "Free" service, it is an basic function of any business. How many people give you a quote for a service for a Charge?

Description of Work
Made several calls from several people but would not give a quote unless both man and wife are present. Made appointment but unless both were there they would not come, obviously wanting to make a high pressure sales pitch!!

Category home remodeling

The policy of 1st Choice Home Improvements is whenever possible to have BOTH homeowners present when we give our free consultation. The exception to this policy is when a co-owner is in the military and deployed. This is important for several reasons. Making sure the estimate is accurate based on everyone’s input and opinion; maximizing your time and ours so no time is wasted for either the homeowner or the representative. We are very sorry if this policy is not to your liking or has been misunderstood. But we are a business offering a FREE service; we try and limit the number of visits to complete the consultation. This policy saves both the customer and the company money.

02/05/2014

Jacqueline M.

Crew was very professional and supervised daily by upper management. Great communication. Overall beautiful bathroom. We will definitely use again for future remodeling.

Description of Work
Renovated master bathroom.

02/04/2014

Dennis H.

1st Choice Home Improvements, We were well satisfied with the sales team and the price was fair. All the work was performed in a timely manner.The job was properly performed and they cleaned up afterwards. The installation team was very good and took pride in their work.

Description of Work
1st Choice Home Improvements obtained the necessary permits The installation team installed new vinyl soffit and vented soffit system around the whole house . Also, custom vinyl Clad Aluminum frieze boards and fascia system. Two doors trimmed, using vinyl Clad Aluminum and caulked. New shutters were installed at front of the house. At front porch, new vinyl was installed at ceiling along with two wide fluted porch posts..

01/01/2014

Bonney W.

My husband and I had high hopes when the rep came to visit with us. He spent 3 hours going over what we wanted, and making sure he had a good handle on the changes we wanted to make. We paid a deposit, went and bought all of the items which 1st choice didn't pay for (the Jacuzzi tub, fixtures, fittings, toilet and medicine cabinet) and waited for the date to start the remodel. The two demo guys were there on the day we set, had everything taken out and cleaned up quickly, and we were impressed. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there. We were away for a few days, in in that time the tiling that was done was shoddy, the shlueter that lined the tiles chipped and broken, the border we originally ordered not available, we had to go with a different mosaic pattern, but the tiler didn't tile to the specifications we asked, and then ran out of tiles (we are only talking a 9x5 bathroom) so we had to wait for more tiles to be shipped. Then when installing the tub on a Friday, the installer didn't check the piping and didn't notice the leak...which kept leaking til they turned up again Monday morning (remember we were gone); so the bedroom carpet next to the bathroom was now ruined. They ripped it out and moved all of the items out of the way and into our living room (9 days before Christmas); now we are still waiting for the carpet install. I have to say that Scott, the manager, was and has been very apologetic, took the cost of the carpet off our total bill, and has been here twice to apologize for problems in the workmanship. Unfortunately, this project which was supposed to take 10 days total has run to almost a month, and one of their guys is supposedly coming back again tomorrow to re-caulk around the bathtub, as the caulk was crumbling and falling off. I have to say that I am sorry all of this happened, but the workmanship we experienced was shoddy and unprofessional. We really did have high hopes, but we will not be using 1st Choice for our master bath or kitchen remodel coming up, and will not get a good review from us via Angie's List or verbally.

Description of Work
Guest bathroom remodel.

09/06/2013

Geraldine J.

The communication between us and their office was horrible. I also would say that the quality of the work for the price was not so good.

Description of Work
Their salesman is VERY good at his job. The management, not so much. We had our cabinets refaced,and flooring done in the living area,including the kitchen, We also had a pantry and another cabinet built from scratch.

Category siding, replacement windows, cabinet refacing, doors

05/14/2013

Donna F.

We hired them to add an addition on our home. We were told that it would be completed with in six weeks but it ended up taking almost six months for them to complete the job. It was bad service they did not get the permit that was needed. The building inspector had to be called before the job was completed. I was not happy with the overall service they provided for me. The materials were not good for the addition. I had electrical problem and cracks and spaces in the walls. We were not happy at all with them and I will not use them again in the future.

Description of Work
1st Choice Home Improvements Inc I hired them five or six years ago.

Category remodeling, sunrooms

1st Choice Home Improvements prides itself for being on time and on budget. Room additions take 3 months to complete. This year was a busy hurricane season with Ivan, Dennis, and Tropical Storm Angie. As stated in our contract we can not be responsible for Acts of God and this job was delayed getting started. Even with little resources left after hurricanes, the job was completed on budget, with no additional cost to the customer as building materials and labor sky-rocketed. We are sorry for any delays and would hope that our customers would take weather conditions into consideration but that is not always the case. We question this negative review posted 8 years later, knowing that some unscrupulous construction companies encourage potential customers to give a negative review of their competitors to promote their own business. We at 1st Choice do not agree with that marketing technique. We are a Top 500 Qualified Remodeler company for the past 9 years straight, an A+ BBB Accredited company with numerous awards. Again, we apologize to our customers on this project.

05/09/2013

Jessie W.

The salesman came to my home at my convenience and was factual and no nonsence about the project. I had interviewed two other companies through their salesmen and they were either less than honest with me or talked down to me. I had done some homework about what to expect from a construction company and any project requested. The workmen came as stated all prepared to work. They were quick, neat and did a good job. The material quality seemed just as expected. I received a follow up letter from the company along with a form for me to fill out to evaluate their work along with a stamped envelope. This will be easy to complete! I am impressed and will recommend them to others and probably use them again if the price is right because I already know they act as professionals and do a fine job.

Description of Work
They put up a caraport on my property with an existing driveway.

04/11/2013

Jerry P D.

1st Choice Home Improvements Inc. are excellent. The guy who comes out to evaluate your project is very good. He's very professional, nice and very informative. I couldn't say enough nice things about him. He's a great guy. I've had him out here several times for different projects. If he doesn't have the answer right away, he gets right back to you, so there's no problem with that. I thought their price of attaching the post back to the concrete was a little high, at around $300.00. It was too expensive. All their other work was done for a reasonable price, but I thought the $300.00 was too much. The quality of the work is excellent.

Description of Work
They had done a patio for us in the backyard. Another company had fixed the concrete underneath the patio and when they were done, they did not reattach the post for the patio covering to the concrete, like they were supposed to. So I had 1st Choice come back to fix the other company's mistake.

Category sunrooms

10/18/2012

Jerry P D.

Overall, efficiently done, quality work. Performed in a timely manner. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Very nice, courteous estimator. I had a patio cover installed across most of the back of my house. FInished in a timely manner. All workera very professional, neat, no mess. No worries! I have already had them out for an estimate on some other work that I need , ie, countertops and gutters.

Category sunrooms

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction! Please contact us if you need anything in the future!

06/25/2012

Dana D.

The rep seemed really helpful and enthusiastic, took measurements, showed us pictures on his ipad and gave suggestions. All in all he spent about 45 minutes in our home. We looked forward to seeing what his company had to offer. However... we never heard from him again. No email or phone call or any follow-up. It was disappointing especially as the company seemed legit.

Description of Work
This company sent a rep. to give us an estimate of a master bath remodel.

Category home remodeling

After reviewing the appointment notes, E- mail sent out 4 days after appointment. Explaining the reasons we declined this project. We will take steps not to rely on e- mail alone. 1st Choice Home improvements welcomes this feed back so we can service our customers better. If you do not receive your estimate from our company with in 3 Business days please notify the office to see what is going on with your free quote. We are truly sorry and will call this customer to say so.

06/16/2012

William S.

They were punctual and professional, but we did not feel comfortable with the contract we signed for work to be done. We therefore used the "buyer's remorse" form and cancelled the contract.

Description of Work
Received an estimate on bathroom repairs and remodeling. We were not prepared to spend this much, so we went in another direction.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

06/10/2012

Irving M.

Windows were installed and ready in the time line they supplied. Outside looks good. inside looks fair. Caulking on eyebrow windows is a mess.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows in house.

Category remodeling, replacement windows

02/27/2012

Kim K.

The salesman was good at explaining all costs and warranties. I chose top of the line windows. Workers were on time. Work was done correctly. Follow up was done to ensure I was happy. Shed siding was top notch. You could tell the guy cared about his work product. No seams were visible in the front. He took the time to put seams (unavoidable) in the back. Overall happy with the work. Am planning on having remaining windows replaced this year. I will use them. Only one small flaw, the guy doing the large window did not leave both sets of wires for alarm system exposed so I could easily tag back into them. I had to have alarm guy rework it. Next time I will stay more on top of work to ensure wires are left out and reusable. Easy to work around this particular problem. Good work, will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Replace one single, one double window. Install new front door & screen door. Install vinyl siding & gutters on large shed.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

11/23/2011

Robert P.

I bought from a competitor. I their product line meets your needs, then they are very price competitive.

Description of Work
The salesman provided an estimate to replace a large (60" x72") window. The agent made a hard sell and would not provide any references without a sales contract. The price was good bur the timing was a little uncertain. The product met code, but was not what I wanted. The salesman tried to get a window more to my liking but did not succeed. I bought from a competitor with the product I preferred, but at a higher cost.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for meeting with our staff. I am sorry you were not completely satisfied with our service. We made arrangements to meet you on very short notice (less than two hours) and tried to fulfill your needs based on the products we sell. However, our company only sells brands that we feel we can stand behind and guarantee. I am sorry if our sales team caused you to feel pressured. I believe he was trying to get the sale on paper in order to meet the short amount of time given in your schedule to install the product due to your time constraints. Our goal is happy customers who are content with purchases agreed upon. We here at 1st Choice never want our consumers to feel uncomfortable with our sales staff or with their final decision at time of purchase. In regards to customer referrals, it is our policy not to give out our customer’s information without proof that a consumer is actually buying. It is for the privacy and safety of our previous customers. Recommendations for our company can be found on our website, as well as Angie's List. Thank you again for your consideration and I sorry we were unable to have you apart of our 1st Choice family!

07/05/2010

Victoria B.

The salesman that visited to give us an estimate and was really hard sell. We understand that they want the work due to tough economic times. We hired them based on the product they had to install (the windows), their BBB rating and their price was comparable to other bids that we had received. One of the owners even came by to be sure that we would be satisfied with their window product. (We did not select their top of the line window, but they have a mid-range priced window also that meets the DOE energy guidelines). I was a little unprepared by how much dust would be created, but they were on time each day, professional and courteous and returned all of our telephone calls promptly.

Description of Work
Remove 12 old windows and install new energy efficient and impact resistant windows.

06/29/2009

KATHARINE K.

They tore up everythiong inside the house, i had to constantly stay on the guys to finish the job. They damaged a door inside the home...etc it was an awful experience and i wouldn't do business with them again. They just didn't do what they said they would.

Description of Work
Installed new windows on my beach property

Category replacement windows

Job contracted after Hurricane Ivan, project was completed in a timely manor. Changes were made to offset house foundation (out of square),due to house on stilts and through many hurricanes. Additional trim work done at no additional cost.Multiple contractors on the job site1st Choice got blamed for door damaged,Customer given discount,not happy with the amount. Balance still owed this project to1stChoice Home Improvements For more Detail Information contact Scott McCartney 888-989-3244

01/18/2009

Penny S.

The company called within a day of my showing an interest in windows. We scheduled an appointment to discuss our needs. The sales reps arrived at the appointed time. While they needed some encouragement to get to the point, show the product and discuss price, they were pleasant. We were shown 3 sets of prices. The highest was if we decided to do the project sometime in the future. The next price was based on contracting within 90 days. The best price was for signing a contract immediately. In hindsight, I would have done more research on prices, but I was pleased by the quality of the windows, the warranty, and the company's satisfaction surveys in a professional publication. The sales reps gave us privacy to make a decision and we signed a contract that evening. Within a week or two someone was scheduled to come measure the windows to be custom manufactured. We were told it would take about 6 weeks before they arrived. The timing was just as stated. A storm delayed the installation by one day. And though it was cold and very windy on another day, the installers worked hard and efficiently to complete all the installations within 2 days. The county inspector who examined the windows and signed off on the project, was familiar with First Choice Home Improvements' work. I feel secure with our new, attractive, quality windows and was pleased with the timeliness and professionalism of the installation.

Description of Work
Replaced 13 double pane windows with NO SHUTTERS REQUIRED MISSILE LEVEL C WIND ZONE 2 WINDOWS. These window are guaranteed to withstand 130 MPH winds. Once we install comparable doors, we will receive a significant reduction in our homeowners insurance and be better prepared for severe weather.