Greg Henry Restoration

Founded 1993 • With Angi since May 2012

3.5

8632 Casper Ave

Hudson, FL 34667

Greg Henry Inc Has been serving the West Coast of Florida since 1983. We became incorporated in 1993. We have over 25 years of uncombined experience; which means each member of our staff has been with us for 20+ years. Our company has been setting trends since we’ve opened and we intend to pursue that goal. We are changing the game when it comes to restoration speciality. Because of our extensive experience over the past 20 years we have developed highly sophisticated bidding, scheduling and material solutions for some of the most complex constructions projects being done today based on the Xactimate software recognized by the majority of insurance companies. Greg Henry Inc uses flexible and completely adaptable methods for a variety of building configurations. Unlike our competitors, we welcome you to visit our showroom where we have have numerous products on display for you to choose from. Our selection includes. Various Brick Pavers Provided by Nature Coast Pavers. Custom Cabinets Provided by Gemini Cabinetry. Custom Flooring Provided by ProSource. Come visit us today and make your replacement selection!...

01/29/2020

Natalie A.

The work was beautiful.

Description of Work
They did a home restoration.

Category remodeling

12/29/2015

richard P.

I had to wait 2 weeks for them to even come and look at the roof and leak, It's very disappointing and not how I feel a company should do business.

Description of Work
He came out and looked at the roof and where the leak was coming in. He told me that his brother would give me a call to come back out and look at it. They never called me back.

06/29/2015

Dianne P.

.We had high expectations after the initial interview and we were happy to know that it was a family business. The brothers were nice and worked hard. They covered everything and tried to cut down on the mess. They did a good job of removing damaged areas and taking care of water damaged areas. Not sure about their expertise with mold, or if it was a communication on their part Fortunately we hired another company to evaluate the levels of mold problems (from the water leak) before, during and after the remediation. These independent lab results not only assisted with getting good results from Greg Henry, Inc., but also with dealing with the insurance company. We stayed in a motel at different times during this process, returning when we were told that the mold was gone. The lab test showed otherwise, so the cleaning process started again, as did our motel stay. We questioned the strength of the replacement areas around kitchen windows, (due to termite damage), and wondered how this would still fit with our hurricane protection system. We had other professionals give their opinion. No overall agreement. We went with our gut feeling and did have another company do additional work there. We hired another company to do the remodeling.

Description of Work
Covered/removed furniture and appliances from kitchen, dining room, family room, den and laundry; gutted kitchen to studs & cement floors so that water damage and termite damage could be repaired. Mold had to be removed from all rooms.

06/25/2015

Mary H.

We did some investig in choosing Greg Henry. Representative seemed personable enough, knowledgeable and informative. We fully intended to hire his co based on how he projected himself to be. After estimate was prepared, we had sit down conversation and came to an agreement on what repairs needed to be made to our home and adjusted the estimate accordingly. We sent the estimate to Citizens for approval. Unbeknownst to us and without our permission, he then presumed to have telephone commun's with Citizens Insurance, elimsted repairs from the estimate, reduced the cost for the work (which also meant we would get less $ to make repairs, fairly compensating us under the policy for which we had paid substantial premiums). When I requested a copy of the adjusted estimate as a result of his commun's with Citizens, he was reluctant to give us, the people hiring him, a copy, stating he didn't believe Citizens would like that. I immediately and incredulously reminded him that my husband & I were the people who were hiring him. I demanded he cease and desist having commun's with Citizens without our approval. Likewise, I instructed Citizens to cease & desist having commun's w him without our express approval. Like "pulling teeth", he sent us the adjusted copy. Citizens compensated us in accordance with the latter estimate. In our opinion, Greg Henry's actions, at the very least, were highly unproffessional and "shady". Needlesstosay, we hired other companies to do the work.

Description of Work
Worked up an estimate for home repairs

09/15/2014

Carla B.

It went amazingly well from beginning to end. We had Chris Henry overseeing our job and he said that his company would make sure that they would treat and fix our home as if it was their own. And they were true to their word! Because of the extensive tile removal and paint fumes, we had to move out of our home for a month. Everything was done on schedule as promised. We were so impressed when they took all the clothes out of the closets to paint, they made sure everything was put back the same way! I really could fill up this whole box with compliments. The best thing to say is that if you have any restoration issues, this is the group I would use. It's a family business and you are treated like one of the family. All the work is beautiful. We've heard from neighbors who used other companies that they did not get the same service that Greg Henry provided to us. I would definitely use them again and highly recommend this very caring, professional company.

Description of Work
Worked with Citizens Insurance on our behalf to make sure that all repairs (including items that needed to be packed and additional monies for cracks in slab under carpeting) were included in payment. Restoration after a sinkhole - new tiles in Kitchen, Foyer, Laundry Room, Guest Bath - paint interior, exterior, and Garage Floor -Re-do coating on Lanai.

10/26/2013

Paul K.

From start to finish we were completely satisfied with the way Greg handled the repairs. His team arrived on schedule and they performed outstanding work. The cracks in the stucco from the sinkhole activity were properly filled and the house in my opinion expertly painted. (I can't say enough about the professionalism of the painting crew Steve and Elliot). The exterior repairs also included: (1) the removal and replacement of a concrete stoop outside of my garage which included detaching and re-attaching my AC unit. (2) the complete restoration of my garage (ceiling, walls and floor). The garage floor was previously epoxied so it had to be machined sanded first before it could be re-epoxied. Greg sub-contracted this and my driveway to Dan's Driveway Designs who did the driveway the frist time 7 years ago.Again. a superb job! (3) Lastly, some my patio pavers had to removed during the grouting phase of the restoration. (This was prior to hiring Greg to do the cosmetic restoration). These were re-set and that completed Greg's portion of the restoration. All in all we were completely satisfied with Greg Henry Restoration, Inc!

Description of Work
Due to sinkhole damage I hired Greg Henry Restoration to do certain cosmetic repairs to our property.

Category concrete repair, stucco, house painters

03/15/2013

Bill C.

Description of Work
The company cleaned up a mold problem created by an indoor flood, partially rebuilt a kitchen floor, repaired a roof leak, repaired a crack in an outside wall, replaced sheet rock and ceiling leak, painted, replace wall and ceiling and installed electrical fixtures. Company representative was prompt, efficient and professional. We discussed the tasks I needed to have completed, he took measurements and made some good suggestions. He told me he would prepare an estimate in 3 days, however the estimate was available the very next day. I accepted the bid, and a crew was on site 2 days later. The bulk of the work was completed in the firs week. We had to wait for some specially ordered supplies, but the Co. Rep kept me informed of the expected arrival of the material, and the dates for the technician to come to finish the job. After completion, the Co Rep came to discuss "punch list" items, and made his technician available the next day for completion. This was a very positive experience.

Category drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters, mold removal

09/15/2012

Wanda H.

see above

Description of Work
Basicly all they did was bring in some dehumidifiers and fans for a few days,(Cost over $1000 Dollars, removed and replaced base in 2 bedrooms,patched a 1 foot section of wall and re-plastered it,paid someone else to install our carpet, not what I would consider $4306 worth of work. They streched out the job over a long period of time. Would show up "when they were in the neighborhood. Never called to say when they were coming. Charged us for things they did not do,(charged for antimocrobial agents they did not apply, charged for carpet and pad removal that my wife and I did). They left their trailer in our yard for 6 weeks that killed the grass and never offered to repair or fix it. When they finished with the base they left the remainding bundle on the living room floor. I paid them what they asked because I didnt want to argue with them or have them do anymore work for me.

Category plastering, water damage restoration, mold removal

Job start date: 6/26/2012 First Payment: 8/23/2012 Greg Henry Inc. followed basic protocol for a grey water damaged property to the extent Member would allow. Member did not want to move forward with repair as covered by his Insurance Company until he had the final dollar figure from his Insurance Company. The final dollar figure for repair was calculated for complete repair minus depreciation and his $5000.00 deductible. Greg Henry Inc.’s final bill was based on allowance given by Member’s insurance company for work requested by Member. Industrial strength dehumidifiers and fans were placed throughout the house to ensure a quick drying process. Our equipment was checked regularly by our staff. After the equipment was placed it was ran for 3 consecutive days until moisture readings were taken and the plaster walls showed a moisture percentage below 10%. When our water extraction team originally checked the walls before our equipment was placed, the moisture percentage was above 40%. By placing the equipment and adjusting it regularly we were able to completely dry out and salvage nearly all the walls that were damaged by the water. Saving Member thousands of dollars that would have otherwise been spent to completely replace the plaster walls (their home was built in 1970) and paint them to match the rest of the house. Mobile storage was placed in the yard per Member’s request. No charges were billed for the mobile storage. The mobile storage unit was emptied as requested by owner. The area of the yard damaged from mobile storage had been offered by Greg Henry Inc. to be replaced. To our knowledge Member wanted to complete, or not, the remainder of the work himself in order to absorb his high deductible. At no time was Greg Henry Inc. made aware of any disputes or arguments during the job.