We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Bath Fitter

Founded 1984 • With Angi since March 2007

2030 Calumet St

Clearwater, FL 33765

We provide the highest quality acrylic bathtub liners and wall systems that are custom-made to fit perfectly over your existing fixtures. Measured precisely, manufactured by Bath Fitter, then installed by our own installation employee in one mess-free, stress-free day. If your current bathtub is a
Tub to Shower Conversion project
Tub to Shower Conversion

bathtub refinishing

202133709

12/02/2020

lawrence K.

excellent job. Harry did the installation and did a outstanding job

Description of Work
install walk in shower

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for recognizing the excellent workmanship of our installers. We appreciate your acknowledgment. Enjoy your new Bath Fitter Bathtub!

06/03/2018

Jasmine C.

I have lived and owned my home for 10 years now. I can honestly say this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company. I can say they fooled me. I am generally a person who saves money, but I do my research and when it involves my home, family, or child, I do not always allow cost to sway my decision. That being said, this appeared to be the best option for what I wanted completed taking into account time, price, reviews, and comparing their product to 4-5 other companies. I can say I made the WRONG decision this time. First and foremost, Deborah Hinson, a Sales Consultant, came to our house, discussed the products, provided samples, and a written contract. I looked at reviews, and it seemed alright. I contracted with them a couple weeks later, and paid the deposit of $1350. They were supposed to place a chemical on the existing tile in the shower, measure the shower, and create a liner to fit over the existing shower. They came, measured the shower, and ordered the liner. After they measured everything, they ordered the liner and stated it would take 1-2 weeks to come in. About 3-4 weeks later, no one had called to give me an update. This was the first sign of unprofessionalism that would continue. Once they received the deposit, they did not follow through. I had to call to inquire about when the install would occur. They stated that they were behind due to Memorial Day holidays. A phone call would have been nice. When they finally returned my call, they stated at that time they only work between 7-5, which would have been something they should have mentioned at the beginning as we are a working family (my husband and I both work the typical 9-5 and we have a son). I made arrangements for my father to come while they installed everything. They gave me instructions not to use my shower 48 hours before install and that was all they needed. Two days before the scheduled install was the beginning of a semi-disaster and the continuation of unprofessionalism. Two days before the install, I received a call from a plumber calling on "behalf" of Bath Fitters stating they wanted to book a time to come out the day before the install (during working hours) to do the plumbing portion. I was not provided any of this information from Bath Fitters. The call from the plumber was the first time I heard about anything related to this. I was previously told the liner install would all be completed in 1 day. The day of the install was a complete disaster. I was able to get the plumber to come the same day as Bath Fitter. The plumber showed up tardy, and Bath Fitters came nearly 2 hours late and were unprepared for the install. They did not call myself or my father to let us know they would be late. When they did arrive, they sent 1 man (single person) to do such a big job. I am assuming they were cutting costs although I would be paying about $4500 for the complete job (not a small penny). I guess my money and business means absolutely nothing. That being said, the installer looked at my father to "help" him hold some materials. My 70-year old father is not an installer for your company. The gentleman did not call for back-up and ended up putting a small hole in the wall next to my garden tub and chipping some of the tile on my garden tub (when he was trying to take off the old shower door and place it somewhere). My father saw the hole and chipped tiles and the gentleman did not mention anything about the damage. He was trying a "no tell, no fault." Of course, when I and my husband got home, I was very upset they had damaged my bathroom and garden tub area when they were only re-doing the shower. At that point, after the installer had done the damage, he then decided to "call for back-up." I was outraged they sent 1 person to do a clear 2-person job, and the installer was not going to initially acknowledge the damage he had done. Because Bath Fitter sent 1 person to do a 2 person job initially, once back up arrived, the installers were there another 3 hours after they were supposed to be finished. After looking at the work, it was sub-par for a "legitimate" company. The lines were not seamless and it looked like amateur work. I have uploaded picture of how the shower was not smoothly installed. The next day, I had to call Bath Fitter. They did not call me at all about the damage or make any acknowledgement. When I called, they seemed surprised I called. The customer service representative Donald Moore stated he needed to "investigate," and he would call me back. He called me back the next day and stated that he was sorry for the issue. He then proceeded to ask me what I wanted him to do. After I stated the damages must be fixed, he asked me how? Excuse me!!! Am I a contractor? Is that not your job and what your company "stands behind?" As a result, he asked me to research companies for wall and garden tub repairs. I was not expecting to research any people/companies that could provide these services as I was getting my shower remodeled. Nearly 3 weeks after they originally came, they had still not ordered the shower door that needed to be installed. I, husband, any guests, and son were using a single bathroom. They stated they subcontracted this through MyShowerDoor. They did not call to discuss anything about completing the job until I called the office again. Finally, about a month later, they came to install the shower door. At that point, they had still not corrected the hole in the wall or addressed the chipped tile on my garden tub. When the same installer showed up by himself, he had the audacity to ask me for the balance. No sir!! With their unreliability, inconvenient times (yes, they were still asking me to take days off of work or inconvenience a family member to come rectify the issues they created), lack of follow-up, and failure to return phone calls, I knew they would not rectify the tile if I paid the remaining balance. When they installed, the door, they left a gap. As a result, the water leaks out of our shower and we have to clean up a puddle nearly daily. I called every 2-3 days to inquire about when someone was coming to correct the hole in the wall. Donald Moore, the unprofessional customer service representative, continued to look out for the company and was very unprofessional in returning calls and setting up a reputable person to fix the problem. The people he sent never truly fixed the issue and did patch work. They also told me they were only charging Bath Fitters $30 to fix everything, and they were not a true contracted company. It was almost as if this was their "side job" or they did this in their "spare time." All in all, my husband had to try to fix the wall, paint over everything, and the chipped tile is still not fixed. Now, 1 year later from signing the initial contract, Bath Fitter has yet to call me back. It is as though my job went into a black hole. They never completed a final walk through or provide me information on how to "properly clean" or care for their product. I still have the contract. I have yet to pay the remainder balance (although I paid a little over half of the total) as they have not fixed the damages or returned my calls. I plan to write the Better Business Bureau about this horrible company and whoever else will listen. Lastly, the water leaks out of the shower and puddles on the floor, of which it has never done. My next project is to contact MyShowerDoor myself and have them come and look to ensure Bath Fitter even installed the door properly and rectify that situation. All, in all, they are a horrific excuse for a reputable company. Anyone reading this review should use any other company. I wish I did. Do not let the smiles from Deborah Hinson or the voice of Donald Moore confuse you. They have Bath Fitters best interest in mind and not the homeowner. I know warn any and every one to NEVER use Bath Fitters.

Description of Work
Shower remodel/liner

01/27/2018

Jim S.

Bath Fitter worked their magic on our condo's two 1970's-era bathrooms, covering the tub and walls in one and doing a tub-to-shower conversion on the other. Everything went perfectly from start to finish, from the expert salesperson who made great recommendations to the two great installers who did a terrific job. Our order came in sooner than expected and was quickly installed. The installers were through with both bathrooms by early afternoon and left everything in spotless condition. The bathrooms look fantastic with all the old tile and walls covered to the ceiling and the discolored old tubs either covered or gone. We are very pleased with the work and highly recommend Bath Fitter of Clearwater.

Description of Work
Upgrade two 1970's bathrooms

06/07/2017

Sandra F.

They put covering over carpet to protect it. They were done in about 6-7 hrs/Amazing job!

Description of Work
Replaced both bathtubs.One with a shower

04/01/2016

Theodore C.

I would never use this company or recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
The salesman came out to my home after I told them I wanted a bathroom remodel. He advised me that just the tub and the wall around it would be 3000.00 and then the shower in the other bathroom BY ITSELF would be 3000.00 as well. I felt that his presentation was horrible and as if he pre qualified and judged me thinking that I was not going to be able to pay for it and he was not trying to make a sale.

Category home remodeling

Unfortunately we have no record of an estimate at this address

03/23/2015

RICHARD B.

All went well. One man operation. He removed the old shower door and trim. He removed all ceramic tile from corners and at floor pan, then removed old shower floor pan and drain. He left the walls, which were a coated Masonite-type material. Bath fitters scheduled a licensed plumber to remove and replace the shower control valve and inspect the plumbing. Next he added additional floor supports before installing the new floor pan and drain. He measured the area and cut a large piece of acrylic to fit the shower area. That is formed to make the three wall sides as one piece. He cut out for the shower valve handle stem and shower head, then installed the one piece walls. He installed a very sturdy grab bar. He installed the new shower door. He sealed all seams. There is no unfinished look, as all pieces fit to the bathroom walls perfectly. All this work was done in one day. Must wait two days before using for sealant to dry. I write this review after using this shower daily for nine months. I can say that Bath Fitter in Clearwater, Florida did a professional and wonderful job. This shower is lovely, great to use, easy to clean, and the full width shower door is beautiful, and no leaks.

Description of Work
Replaced an original 1975 3ft x 3ft bathroom shower in a manufactured home with a Bath Fitter 3ft x 3ft shower, including new glass shower door, and installed a constant temperature shower control valve.

09/23/2014

Pamela P.

We have nothing but good things to say from the original appointment to the final installation today. They were professional, responsive, and prompt. The work was done well, and very clean after, little disruption to our home. Bret, the installer did a great job today and it looks great. We will be able to use it tomorrow! The idea to replace the bathtub began when we had a leak in the plumbing and the only way to access it (in our 1950's home) was to bust out tile in the tub. We were looking to upgrade the bathroom without spending > $10,000 on a total remodel, also not wanting to give up the bathroom for that period of time! The plumber that they contracted with was awesome as well.

Description of Work
Replaced a > 50 year old bathtub and tile.

Category bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile

09/11/2014

Ramona B.

My experience with them was great. They were good. They were just very responsive, and they guaranteed their work. They did a really nice job. With regard to price, they were reasonable.

03/29/2014

PAUL M.

I guess for the quality, the price may be reasonable but I just didn't think it'd cost in that neighborhood. I HAVE NOT YET DECIDED WHAT TO DO. I may go with another option rather than Bath Fitter. I did think their presentation was very professional & they seem like an upstanding outfit. Other than price, I was very favorably impressed!

Description of Work
They QUOTED me a re-do of 2 bathrooms (one larger than the other).

Category home remodeling

02/17/2014

Dan G.

Estimator was on time and very thorough. Gave me a detailed estimate and when we decided to do the job, scheduled it very quickly. the installer was on time and very professional. Very pleased with the final result.

Description of Work
redid bathtub in guest bathroom

09/24/2013

Ed J.

The price included labor and parts. My wife is pretty happy with the price.

Description of Work
Bath Fitter came out and redid the bath tub and the bath around the wall. They installed a new faucet for us.

08/05/2013

Richard H.

Arrived 8am as promised. Started work immediately. He explained what he was going to do, then did it. He was very careful and did a great job. You could tell he has done this many times - knew the tricks to do it once. Did not create a mess in the house. We are very please with the results.

Description of Work
installed new walls, tub and plumbing hardware

Category bathtub refinishing, plumbing, home remodeling

08/05/2013

Joanne M.

The work was completed as scheduled; workplace was cleaned up when finished; installers were considerate and courteous

Description of Work
installation of a walk-in shower in one bathroom and tub unit in another bathroom.

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

04/21/2013

Scott W.

WOW what a beautiful job. The new shower looks fantastic, and it will be much easier to clean than the old one, which had grouted tile. The salesman was patient and thorough and answered all of my questions, the price was better than the competition offered, and the installation was flawless. I'm very happy.

Description of Work
Replaced old tiled shower surface with their custom fit acrylic surface.

06/12/2012

Paula H.

I only had an estimate - no services were performed. Sales person arrived on time. He was very professional and informative. They were ready to set up installation within 5 days. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my order due to other unrelated, unexpected expenses. The sales person did not attempt to pressure me into changing my mind (well, only a little), and was very kind and accomodating. I plan to use this company in the future.

04/08/2012

Mark C.

We'd put off working on the bathtub/shower enclosure in the guest bathroom for too long, so this year when we got our tax return we called Bath Fitter. This is our second tub re-do with Bath Fitter, but the person we used in 2004 who represented the company was no longer with Bath Fitter, so this time the company's representative was JRI, Inc in Largo. The person who came out to do the estimate was professional, prompt, and pleasant. He scheduled a plumber to do some preparatory work, which was completed quickly even though the plumber was four hours late. (After waiting three hours, we called Bath Fitter - and Bath Fitter had the sub-contracted plumber out in an hour!) The estimator also noted that we'd need an area of drywall replaced, which the installer would do on the day of the install. On the agreed-on date, the Bath Fitter installer showed up right on time. During the installation, the installer found that more drywall had to be replaced than estimated. He did the work without delay and without any extra charge! Not only was there no delay, the installer finished two hours faster than the estimate. The work is exactly as advertised and completely to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
We requested that the tub/shower enclosure be replaced (or whatever they call it). We got new bathtub fixtures and a new shower head installed as well. The estimator noted some drywall repair was required, and that a plumber needed to replace a valve. He arranged for these services to be completed.

06/17/2010

MAUREEN K.

They gave me a list of items that they wanted me to do before they came. I couldn’t be happier with their service. They gave me a quote and stuck to it. They came in the morning promptly as they said they would. They are very neat and very clean. I also got a discount when I told them that I was an Angie’s List member. The quality of their work equals their price. I have recommended them to others too.

Description of Work
We are using Bath Fitter to disconnect something in the toilet as a safely precaution. I had a shower replacement too. They also did some base coating on the wall.

06/15/2010

JEANNE L.

They did an excellent job. I couldn't be more pleased. I thought they were very professional. The two service technicians worked all day and got the job done in one day. They were very neat and I didn't have to clean up after them at all.

Description of Work
Took down two tile walls, repaired water damage inside walls and replaced with a shower surround.

02/24/2009

MICHAEL J L.

They delivered as promised on everything. It was great!

Description of Work
Redid both bathrooms with new tubs, showers, and wainscoting.

07/10/2008

Kathy H.

Our bathtub was worn and had rust spots. Then the grab bar fell off the wall and pulled some tiles with it. We knew it was time to finally put in the walk-in shower we had always wanted. We were extremely pleased with the service and workmanship from Bath Fitter. They did what they said they would do and when they said they would do it. Each employee we dealt with was very professional and conscientious. The installers, Brett and Josh, did a great job and clearly took pride in their work. We would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a makeover of their tub or shower.

Description of Work
Tub-to-shower conversion with shower seat and grab bars.

06/04/2008

JOANNE P.

The salesman came out and wrote an estimate and I chose the style I wanted from the samples they had. He said they'd contact me within 2 weeks to schedule the shower; the door would come approximately 4 weeks after the shower installation. Within 2 weeks, they called and scheduled the shower installation, which was done the following week and took less than 1/2 a day. Approximately 3 weeks after that, they called to schedule the door installation. hen the installer got there and put in the door frame, the door didn't fit (too small). He apologized and retook the measurement for the door. Approximately 3 weeks later they called to schedule an installation for the new door. The door was installed (2 months after the shower) in about 30 minutes. I am extremely pleased with the work, the shower is very easy to clean. The entire unit really opens up the bathroom (which is small to begin with).

Description of Work
Replaced the shower and door in my master bath.

05/02/2007

katherine K.

Lenny, our salesman was excellent! He made us really comfortable with him and the company. He even came out to my job to complete the paperwork. Andrew came out to install the surround about a week and a half later. He was very professional and courteous. We had an issue with the window, though. The caulking came loose, and the sill did not have a pitch so the water was pooling. We called and Harry, the general manager, came out with Andrew to redo the window after hours. Unfortunately, after their visit the caulking came loose again. Harry arranged for a third trip to fix it, this time first thing in the morning, because my husband and I both work. He resealed the window and was in and within a half an hour so neither of us was late to work. The company and the people I dealt with were all very accommodating and professional. Even though I had issues, I would still wholeheartedly recommend them.

Description of Work
Water damaged wall restored and bathtub wall surround with window, soap dish, and wall shelf installed.

04/09/2007

ROBERT M.

I called the company to tell them the old shower unit had shown signs of cracking I wanted an estimate on a new unit. Lenny the salesperson was quick to respond. Lenny said he had never seen a unit crack until now. Lenny was extremely helpful in making sure this new unit would be much better than the first. When the installation day arrived, the installer, Eric, found that the shower framing was very weak which probably attributed to the old shower unit failing. Eric was very detail oriented and his first step was to re-frame the entire shower. The next step was to put in all new dryboard. After this, the new Acrylic Shower unit was installed. The new unit is so much better than the old unit and adding the extra features has really added to the wow factor. The job took two days to complete, but the finished shower is beautiful. Thank you Eric for doing all the extra detail work and Lenny for helping me create a shower I can be proud of.

Description of Work
Removed previous Bath Fitter shower unit installed in 1992. Removed overhead soffit and return wall and extended threshold. Replaced with new unit that also included three grab bars and a 36 inch corner shelf unit.

12/01/2006

Jacqueline H.

Absolutely perfect! They came out, as scheduled, and we had just had a brick paver driveway installed and no one was allowed on it for a couple of days, so they said they would have to reschedule for December. I had guests coming in within a few weeks, and December would be too late, so I broke out in tears. Brett called the office and asked them to schedule him to work the next two Saturdays to install them. I truly hope that young man got a pay increase, because I immediately sent an e-mail of praise to his supervisor about what a great representative he was for his company. I also was very impressed with the sales representative, Lenny. Both associates speak well for their company.

Description of Work
Two bathrooms involved. One replacing the wall and tub overlay, the other the wall and shower replaced.

11/07/2006

They were very good. I have no complaints. They were prompt professional and cleaned up well after themselves. Their price was comparable to companies.

Description of Work
They covered the tile with acrylic. They installed new valve and shower pan.