Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Milford, CT
There are 3 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Milford
- Stewart's LawnmowerStewarts is the place to go! Very honest, trustworthy and humble owner. Willing to do whatever it takes to make you successful. I always go to him for any issues that I have with any outdoor equipment regardless of size or age. Case in point: I went to Mike (Owner) with a 30-year old Ariens Rototiller for the garden. It needed a new linkage mechanism to hold/control the throttle mechanism, which would require dismantling and draining the engine to access the pin that had fallen inside the block. Mike took a look at the assembly and said "Why do you want to pay me 2 hours labor + parts to fix this old and tired motor? Go to Harbor Freight and buy a replacement Predator Motor and not only will you have a completely new, stronger, and improved motor, but it will end up costing you less than I would charge you to fix this machine." Sure enough, I went to Harbor Freight and bought a 7 HP engine that bolted up perfectly to the original engine mount (replaced a 3 HP engine), and the pulley shaft was exactly the same 3/4 width! I pulled the old pulley off the old motor (be sure to spray the shaft and the set screws on the pulley with liquid wrench solvent and let penetrate), unbolted the old motor, cleaned the engine mounting pad of old grease/oil, installed the new engine with the same mounting bolts, filled the crankcase with 1/2 quart of oil, filled the gas tank, and it started with one pull! Thanks to the repair shop owner’s honesty and guidance, I now have a "reborn" machine with twice the power it had before! The Predator Engine fit so well on the frame that it looks like it came that way from the factory!! My Mother-In-Law asked if it was a new machine, and I said "No -it's just a new engine." Thanks for everything Mike!!
- L and D Power EquipmentI went in to L and D power for repairs on my 22inch walk behind Toro lawnmower because it had issues starting, Lloyd was kind and very helpful in explaining to me what the issue was and he repaired my lawnmower in a fast timely manner.. I am very pleased and definitely I will tell all of my friends and neighbors about L and D power for sure.. Thank you Lloyd for the excellent work.
- Steve's Small Engine RepairSteve repaired our push lawn mower 5-7-20. He quickly diagnosed the problem and fixed it. He is competent, fast, and friendly. I called before driving there, and Claudette was very helpful. I highly recommend Steve's Small Engine repair!
- BUTLER POWER EQUIPMENT INCBoth times they provided me an estimate, did the work in accordance with the quote and delivered me a running machine. I was pleased with these interactions so I just bought 3 Toro snowblowers from them.
- Stewart's LawnmowerOutstanding in every respect from ease of setting appointment to pickup / delivery at my home to repairs in 2 days to and making payment by phone. Cost was appropriate and repairs were top quality. Friendly and professional during what I expected to be a busy time for service.
- Steve's Small Engine RepairHad problem with my Craftsman mower, Steve found it was a bad carburetor, it was replaced and oil changed when he found it "dirty". After this was done. I brought him my Ariens snowblower for a tune up. He did a blades to handles inspection, not just an oil change and new spark plug like some companies do !! Both services were completed in more than a timely manner and priced very resonable. His tune ups and what they include are listed on his web page
- The Dirty Nerd ServicesHe arrived promptly as scheduled. He was very knowledgeable and repaired my lawn mower effectively. While he was here I asked him if he could service my computer as well. He was very polite and said he would take a look at my computer. It was nice to have both my repairs done in the same visit! I would highly recommend his services
- Steve's Small Engine RepairSteve did a great job fixing our tractor. He was at our house within an hour and a half of making the call and had the tractor fixed and back within a couple of days. He was thorough and the tractor has not worked this good in a long time.
- ZARNOWSKI POWER EQUIPMENTThey were professional, knowledgeable and more than reasonable. The only problem was a long waiting time (over a week to get an estimate) but they were clearly overloaded with jobs and are (rightly!) the local place of choice.
- Steve's Small Engine RepairSteve came to pick up mower within an hour of my call, and had it completely ready and returned to me within a day and a half! Mower operates as good or better than when new. I would give Steve's business the highest recommendation possible. Fast, polite, reliable, and very reasonably priced!
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Milford
- Business Description:I provide quality work because I know how to install and trim doors, windows, base boards, do crown molding, and install kitchens and bathrooms. I can also do outside work such as putting up fences. My company is fully insured and I have a license. I have been in the carpentry business for over 5 years and have completed many jobs.Recent Review:Luis and his crew did a great job rebuilding my two decks. They were efficient, punctual, and delivered outstanding quality work for a very reasonable price. Very experienced, easy to work with, answered all of my questions before we started and made many suggestions for improvements to the structure and finish of the deck. I'm thrilled with their work and I will definitely use them againPaul C.
- Business Description:360 Contracting LLC is your ideal choice for a professional construction company. I am conveniently based in Westport, CT, and here is more about why choosing my service is the right thing to do. I specialize in providing professional renovation services. I established this company years ago, with the idea to become one of the preferred renovation experts in the area that can meet the needs of every client who turns to me for help. I have over a decade of experience, and I have expanded my b..Recent Review:Damion did a great job. Was on time and thorough.Shannon G.
- Business Description:With over 30 years experience we can tackle any commercial or homeowner power equipment repair. As a small shop, we give our customers the special attention they need and provide the highest quality service.Recent Review:Lloyd walked me through all the problems with my tractor. Genuinely cared about helping me out. His brother was great to work with too (pickup and delivery).matthew c.
- Business Description:We are your one-stop home improvement and repairs ally. Our multi-skilled Craftsman do it all. Our most popular service include, doors, floors, bathroom, kitchen, painting, drywall, carpentry, fencing. Let Ace Handyman Services Orange help you run your home more smoothly with a wide range of professional services. Book your appointment any time, day or night, with our convenient Online Appointment System. 10% discount for jobs starting after November 15th that are over 4 hours. Please ask for..Recent Review:great!!!! Done right, he came on time.Elvira J.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Damato Landscaping offers Full Service Maintenance, Installation, and Design for Commercial and Residential properties.Recent Review:They came immediately after the contract was signed and removed snow left by our previous snow removal company. They also repaired damage done by our previous company free of charge. They have continued to provide excellent service since then at a much lower cost than we were paying. <br /Charlene C.
- Business Description:iDo-That! is a full-service repair and maintenance handyman business that specializes in affordably helping you with your To-Do-List, Honey-Do-List, or Do-It-Yourself project that you do not have the time, patients, skill or resources to complete aloneRecent Review:They were very thorough. They inspected the job then left and bought the replacement part and installed it. The shower is working better with no more water drips. Good job, prompt and thorough.JOSEPH A.
- Business Description:We have experienced professionals , some certified that wil help to make your vision come true
- Business Description:Hello! We are a small family business, and I know that it is not easy to find a fair price, and a job well done, as a handyman and a carpenter, I strive for the client to obtain both, price, quality, and honesty, thanks
- Business Description:Firestone Sealcoating has more than 30 years experience in Driveway Sealing, Landscaping and Excavating. We are fully licensed and insured for both the customer and our protection. We use nothing but the best material and latest technology to make sure the job is done to perfection
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- West Haven
- New Haven
- East Haven
- Beacon Falls
- North Haven
- Sandy Hook
lawn mower repair shops in Milford
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A & B POWER EQUIPMENT REPAIR, LLC84 S MAIN ST A
East Windsor, Connecticut
- Ace Handyman Services Orange 233 Boston Post Rd
- AEM SMALL ENGINES PARTS61 MCKINLEY AVE
- Affordable Landscaping & Tree Service LLC120 church st
- AgriCare of CT1329 Waterbury Road
- A & B POWER EQUIPMENT REPAIR, LLC
- Country Paint & Hardware Inc.2410 Foxon RD
North Branford, Connecticut
- Country Paint & Hardware Inc.
- Damato Lanscaping249 East Rocks Rd
- Damato Lanscaping
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Firestone Sealcoating LLC46 Main St
- Firestone Sealcoating LLC
- JAM Service Associatea242 S Main St
- JAM Service Associatea
- KIP'S TRACTOR BARN282 WOODMONT RD
- KIP'S TRACTOR BARN
- Quality work LLC37 Clinton Ave
- Quality work LLC
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc
- Steve's Stump Grinding LLC13 Ellise Rd
STORRS MANSFIELD, Connecticut
- Steve's Stump Grinding LLC
- W H PREUSS & SONS228 BOSTON TPKE
- W H PREUSS & SONS
- ZARNOWSKI POWER EQUIPMENT301 SAVIN AVE
West Haven, Connecticut
- ZARNOWSKI POWER EQUIPMENT