Earth Guard Pest Services

With Angi since September 2008

Additional email - contact@earthguardpest.com. Additional phone - (916) 338-7075. Additional contact name - Michael Stanley. Additional DBA - Earth Guard Pest Services. Family owned. See website for additional service areas.

Amenities

satisfaction
This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

4.4

Mark L.
01/19/2016
Description of Work
They provide pest control services.
Rafael D.
07/08/2014
Earth Guard has been very punctual, professional, and effective. They have answered all of my questions patiently and listened to and dealt with all of our concerns. We have young children and pets and are committed to using eco-friendly products. Earth Guard answered all of my questions about the products they use and their effects. Since we started their bi-monthly program I've noticed a distinct decrease in insect bites on my daughter and far fewer ants, wasps, house centipedes and other insects around the house. I have called a couple of times between treatments for specific issues (mostly wasps) and they come out and treat for free as part of the contract service. I highly recommend Earth Guard and we continue to use them.
Description of Work
Our young daughter is highly reactive to insect bites so we hired Earth Guard to inspect the home and treat it inside and out. They performed a consultation and the treatments. We were very happy with the results and so we hired them for a bi-monthly program to keep the critters at bay.
Fran M.
06/13/2013
I did find other places that were cheaper. However, I chose to go with them because they were very knowledgeable and explained things very well over the phone. They also use products that are not as toxic which was appealing and important to me. They did resolve our ant problem so far.
Description of Work
1st time spary
Erin O.
11/20/2012
After reading reviews on Angie's List, I called Earth Guard to come out and give me an estimate on eradicating the termites that had invaded my property. Angel arrived on time and we went around my property examining the house & yard. He explained to me exactly what would be required for them to treat this issue, what product they would be using, how long it would take and what to expect. I also researched online and found that everything he had told me was right in line with industry standard practices. Angel worked hard to give me the best price he could for this service and I felt it was quite fair and reasonable. Angel was courteous, professional and extremely knowledgeable. He was patient in his explanations and went out of his way to calm my fears and address my concerns. I expecially appreciated the explanation that the pesticide would not be harmful to my animals. The workman came out right on time for the appointment. He was very courteous, explaining what he would be doing and that it would be quite noisy. He had to drill through the cement every 12 inches to dispense the pesticide below the concrete into the dirt, all around the house foundation, and dig a trench in the flower beds along the walls. Then he had to patch/fill the holes to seal them. It was alo necessray to remove (shovel) a great deal of dirt & landscaping materials away from one side of the house so they could treat that area. Angel had explained that his crew could include that in their service ( so I didn't have to hire someone else to do that part). That to me was a BIG help. When the work was done, they took me around to inspect what they had accomplished, explained again how it all works and that if I have any questions or concerns all I need to do is call. I felt they treated me and my home with a great deal of respect. This company and the staff were very courteous and professional and I would recommend them (and have) to my neighbors, family and friends.
Description of Work
Treatment of subterranean termite infestation
Margaret O.
07/05/2012
They do great service. They are thorough. They are prompt, even when we had an emergency. Their customer service is excellent.
Description of Work
This was a bi-monthly charge. They offer green alternatives. This is especially helpful because we have pets.
david P.
02/08/2012
They did an excellent job. I would definitely refer them to others. They took care of all of our problems. The price was good. They were responsive, punctual, and professional.
Description of Work
They provided pest control.
shawn E.
01/22/2012
Description of Work
I wish they would calls us in advance and let us know when they are coming. The chemicals smells so strong. I am still dealing with ants in my bathroom.
Joyanne P.
12/21/2011
They are really nice. They use chemicals that are a little more environmentally friendly. I am on the regular service. I get service about every 6 weeks. They have been my pest company for 4 or 5 years. They will come out at any time if I have a pest emergency like ants. I have also had rats in my attic and they came out that day. They are local and in Sacramento. I don't know if they do business under more than one name but I always write my check out to Earth Guard and that's what they say when they answer the phone. It's not like that they have big offices or anyplace that you would go to. For everything they come to you. I have never been to see them. I found them in the Yellow Pages when we moved in here. I called them up. I was going to give them a try and I did. They were better than any of the larger companies like the chains. It's apparently just a smaller company and they give more personal service. What they do is when you speak to them and they start up with the service, they take a walk around your house and ask you what you want and ask if you have problems inside the house or on the outside. Our son is disabled and very asthmatic so I don't get care inside the home except when I had ants. When I mentioned that to them, they had something that was completely non-toxic to humans and they used that. They believe in using the lowest level of toxicity so the product used is healthier for you. I have had possums, I have had rats, I have had moths in my plants in my backyard and of course the dreaded ants so they have handled a wide variety from rodents to ants for me. They spray around my house entirely all the way and they brush down all the cobwebs. They always ask me if there is anything in particular I want attended to. When I had ants nesting in the vines in the backyard, they sprayed. When I had moths invading my little shrub tree, they took care of that also. It's been great. Whatever they put down for the ants in my kitchen, they were gone. The moths went someplace else. I have been very happy with Earth Guard. They seem to be used to dealing with people who have something come up. When I discovered there were rats living in my attic, they were very soothing on the phone and somebody came out in a couple of hours. I am paying $60.00 every 6 weeks. That is also a little better price than the chain. I think their price is pretty good. I like that they don't attempt to sell me anything extra that I do not need. There is no hard sell. They will service what you want. They work for you. I have had pest companies in the past. I have always lived in old homes and have always had pest problems. I have used chains and I was just another customer. They were always asking me to sign up for more things. If I do not need something sprayed, I don't want extra stuff. I want just what I need and what's right for the house. I know their price is less than other firms. They are right on. They are always professional. They are my pest company. I have no interest in leaving them. It's a very good company.
Description of Work
I use Earth Guard Pest Management for pest control. They came out for their regular service about 2 weeks ago. They are in the Sacramento area.
Bonnie O.
08/25/2011
The first time Earth Guard came to provide services the technician walked around my yard with me and asked me whether we eat the herbs I had growing in pots. When I said yes, we do eat them, he made a note not to treat those plants. I don't remember ever having a pest service ask me that question before. Earlier this summer, our yard was invaded by a lot of small flies that swarmed in the air in a large swarm. When the technician arrived to treat, he knew exactly what the flies were, showed us where they "roost" on the sides of the house and treated. By the next day, only a few flies were visible, by the day after they were entirely gone. I have found the technicians to be friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The cost of service is lower than I have paid for other pest control services. I also like that they offer a variety of "green" options for pest treatment and are trained to use the least amount of chemical or least invasive treatment available to still get the job done. I like this company very much!
Description of Work
Bi-monthly residential pest control services, including exterior foundation treatment, dewebbing and other treatment as necessary
Nick B.
09/05/2008
These guys were hired by my realtor for a pre-purchase pest inspection of a home we were buying. They delivered a report stating that termites were found in one small area with an estimate for treatment. Naturally I was very concerned and faced the decision of walking away from the house. Having no experience with termites I wanted to chat with the inspector to get a feel for how bad the problem was, whether it was limited to that small area , potential for recurrence, etc. - basically some words of wisdom from a professional. After leaving several unanswered messages at their office I finally got a call from the office manager, Barbara. When I explained the situation and asked her to connect me with the inspector, she quickly and inexplicably went from defensive to combative. She refused to let me talk to the inspector, and her sentiment boiled down to "it's all in the report, it is what it is, nothing else to discuss, never call us again". Well, that's not the end of it. Having consulted other sources for information we decided to take the risk and bought the house anyway. I hired another pest company to treat for termites. The guy came out and did not find *even a remote trace of termites*. He poked at the area in question and explained to me the difference between dry rot and termite infestation. So the baffling question here is this - why would Earth Guard report termites where there were no termites? I see two possibilities: a) they are utterly and completely incompetent, or b) knowing that people would do just about anything to make a house sale happen they use scare tactics to get the work. Judging by the manager's strange behavior I lean towards b). In either case, my recommendation is to avoid Earth Guard Pest Services like the plague.
Description of Work
Pre-purchase pest inspection of a house

Phone

4220 Stockton Blvd

Sacramento, CA 95820

Other Information

Services offered

Residential and commercial pest control & removal.

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover

FAQ

Earth Guard Pest Services is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

Earth Guard Pest Services is open:

Earth Guard Pest Services accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Yes, Earth Guard Pest Services offers free project estimates.

Yes, Earth Guard Pest Services offers eco-friendly accreditations.

No, Earth Guard Pest Services does not offer a senior discount.

No, Earth Guard Pest Services does not offer warranties.

Earth Guard Pest Services offers the following services: Residential and commercial pest control & removal.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

Hawx Pest Control

(2)

Offers Coupon

Hawx Pest Control

With locations nationwide, Hawx Pest Control is proud to provide top-of-the-line pest control to our customers. Offering both home pest control and commercial pest control services, we placed our core values right in our name so that we’ll never forget what drives us. Hawx stands for: Honesty Attitude Work Ethic Excitement

Barrier Pest Solutions

(7)

Barrier Pest Solutions

Barrier Pest solutions is a local family team. We provide the maximum protection in pest control with state of the art methods including bi-monthly & quarterly pest control services including precision targeted application and green options. We get rid of pests fast, guaranteed. Since we’re a family, you’ll receive prompt, personal service with knowledgeable phone support and a dedicated technician assigned to you. We treat you the way we’d like to be treated, with the health and well-being of your family and pets at heart. Business Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Sat: By Apt. Sun: Closed

Drews Pest Control

(21)

Drews Pest Control

**Now treating ants, cockroaches, and rodents**We offer Angi customers a 20% discount on their Initial Service and additional discounts for seniors and veterans. We specialize in residential and commercial pest control, as well as agricultural services such as lawn care, weed control, and annual aphid and whitefly treatments. Our goal is to give honest, fair and affordable pest control options to each and every one of our clients. All without a long-term commitment. We look forward to providing you with, Your Best Pest Control Experience!