Caage Fence

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2010

PO Box 331371

Pacoima, CA 91333

When it comes to the right fence for your property, it’s important to keep two things in mind; style and function. Most people want both when they’re choosing a fence for their home or business, and we take pride in being able to provide high-quality fencing, made from the best materials, and built to last. Whether you’re looking for a privacy fence, or just something to spruce up your yard, we offer fencing and gates in chain link, wood, iron, and vinyl, to fit any look and overall style you might be going for. Customer service is our number one priority, and we understand how important a fence or a gate can be when it comes to making your home feel secure. With our years of experience, you can rest assured that you’ll be getting so much more than a standard fence. We work with all of our great customers to ensure a fence is installed that fits your personal space, and needs. Contact us for a free on-site estimate....

03/19/2019

Suzanne C.

John was great. He came over on time for a free estimate. Sent us the quote by email the next day and he and his team showed up exactly on time for the scheduled day/time of the job. They really did a fantastic high quality job on the repair and they were very fast. The best part was that John was really understanding with what we needed and why. We are in the process of refinancing our house and needed this done quickly and at a low cost so we could have the fence standing up and looking good for the appraiser who would be coming later in the week. We're grateful to John for getting this done so quickly and doing such a great job. We'd definitely call him again and recommend him to others. Note the before and after pictures I included. The before picture is a little older and the fence was actually much worse off and totally collapsed by the time John came. He really did a great job fixing it.

Description of Work
Wood fence repair

01/28/2017

Harry G.

He came out, and gave me an estimate that I thought was fair. Other providers said I would need to replace the gates, this provider said he was able to reinstall the existing gates that would save me a few thousand dollars. The gates work fine now. Then I had him back to fix a pool fence, which he also did a good job on.

Description of Work
I hired them to repair two side gates.

01/09/2017

Steve S.

Fast and completed in two days. The only complaint I have is that the boards could of been closer together; you can see through if you get up close enough.

Description of Work
Install a 50 ft long fence X 8 feet high

09/08/2016

Ralph E.

Very well. Caage removed the old grape stake fence and put in a redwood fence in 3.5 days. My neighbor was as pleased as I am.

Description of Work
Fence between my property and neighbor with concrete slab as base. It was about 60 feet long with a gate.

08/06/2016

Stephan C.

In the end we didn't go with Caage but they were in 2nd position. The responded quickly with a quote and emailed back typically within 1-2 days. One of the better fence contractors I have dealt with.

Description of Work
We were inquiring about a front fence install with multiple gates. We were looking into a horizontal fence design with steel fence posts and steel gate frames. John Milton came out to inspect the job, he suggested I didn't need steel posts but did concur that steel gate frames were needed. I actually found his recommendation sincere since I know that the steel posts are not 100% necessary and more expensive. We want them in case we decide to redo the design in a couple of years or if we need to comply with the LA county code for fence height (which is very silly). The fence size was going to be 40' long and 7' tall.

06/28/2016

Parisa J.

He was fairly on time (a little late). Unfortunately, he arrived when another company's employee was at the site as well (not intentional - this other guy was two days late). I showed him what we wanted, he took the measurements, then proceeded to leave. I asked if he would send us the estimate via email. He told me to text him our email address, which I did. Then we never heard back from him.

Description of Work
Came and gave an estimate to install a wrought iron fence to enclose the front of our property (approx 200 ft of fence and two gates).

06/06/2016

FLORENCE B.

They never returned my call to arrange an appointment for an estimate.

Description of Work
They never returned my call. I guess that they aren't interested.

04/29/2016

LISA T.

This is the second time we've commissioned Alfred and his team to do work for us. This was a much larger project involving a full stained redwood fence as well as an automatic driveway gate. Alfred finished the entire job very quickly (as promised) and was great to work with. He gave us several stain options and was also flexible and patient while we experimented with different fence designs. About a month after the job was completed, the fence stopped working. I was afraid our landscapers had done something to it, and Alfred came out the next day to check it out. He was able to fix it in 15 minutes and everything is working smoothly again. Overall, I would highly highly recommend Alfred. He's a genuinely nice, honest guy.

Description of Work
Installed redwood fence in front yard and automatic driveway gate

Category fencing, driveway gates

Thank you [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working on your project. -Alfred

03/30/2016

Dana S.

Alfred and the team at Caage were outstanding, going above and beyond expectations at every turn. Alfred took extra care to make sure there were no escape routes for our dogs, checked in with us at each step to ensure we were happy and ask if we had any questions or requests, and exceeded every hope we had for how the job would turn out. It's beautiful and makes the whole house feel nicer. Professional and outstanding job, attention to detail, and competitive pricing. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed redwood entry gate, redwood bench, and redwood fencing around the perimeter of front yard, driveway gate, deck gate, and chainlink fence for backyard.

Category fencing, driveway gates

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure working on your project.

08/18/2015

Viridiana R.

I called once on Monday and left a message at about 11:30 am and received a call back within the hour and Freddy was able to stop by 10 minutes later to give me an estimate. He was polite, on time, focused on understanding the scope of the work, and overall very professional. Given the open exposure to the back yard, I needed to close off access immediately and he was able to work around his schedule and stop by the next morning to complete the work. I was very grateful that he understood my need for urgency. The next morning he texted me to better inform me of the time he would be arriving and he was there on time. I am very happy with the overall service and the bid was the right price. Lastly, I am grateful that he did not turn down what can be considered a "small" job for fencing companies. This is another action that is telling of the kind of person Freddy is. Thank you!

Description of Work
He repaired front and side chain link fence (reattached railing and posts), added one panel enclosure, and added a new side gate.

08/05/2015

LISA T.

I can't speak highly enough about Alfred and CAAGE Fence. He was very polite and professional when he showed up for a consultation. He sent over his estimate the next day, and was able to fit me into his schedule and start and complete the work a few days later (which included installing fencing and two gates and staining the wood). I compared his estimate to one other contractor, and his pricing was VERY fair. He stands by his work and told me that if I wanted to change around the configuration of the gate, he would be happy to come back. HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!

Description of Work
Installed fencing in my backyard to match the rest of the fence and also installed two side gates on either side of the house.

Category fencing, driveway gates

Thank you for the review, I really appreciate it. It was a pleasure working for you.

05/26/2015

Michael P.

I needed to install a driveway gate for my home and I wanted something that looked nice but also sealed the property so my dog would not escape. I met with several contractors from Angie's List, including Caage Fence. Alfred came out to do an estimate and I liked him right away. He was very down to earth and polite, and he gave me a fair estimate but told me he was pretty busy so he didn't know how soon he could start. I was not in a hurry but when I confirmed he made an effort to fit me in earlier than he originally said. Anyway, it took about 2-3 days to do this job, and he was always very professional, communicating with me through the process and always cleaning the worksite after each day. He worked off my design ideas and made some good suggestions that really paid off and I really couldn't have been happier with the final result. It's a beautiful gate, very strong and a great addition to my home. From this experience, I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Installed a custom driveway gate

Category fencing, driveway gates

Thank you [Member Name Removed] It was a pleasure working for you and enjoyed working on your project.

03/27/2015

Jennifer C.

Caage Fence has been to our house for several projects over the past few years. I wrote a review after the first project was completed (a large horizontal redwood fence in the backyard) a few years ago. After that, I called John Milton/Caage several times to do more work on our property. They built a beautiful driveway gate out of mangaris wood and then came back periodically to re-stain it and ensure its longevity. In November 2014, I asked John to come back and build a deck gate and a gate to our alley. They completed the project while we were away for Thanksgiving, which speaks to the trustworthiness of the Caage team. A couple of weeks ago, we finally acknowledged that the wood deck gate they built in November was warping from recent rain and becoming very difficult to maneuver. I emailed John and to my surprise his main craftsman, Alfredo, replied. It seems John has stepped away from the business, and Alfredo is now running things. He was terrific -- he quickly emailed me back and was at the house within a few days to assess the gate. After acknowledging that the old gate was not living up to expectations, he offered to build a new gate and had it assembled and installed within the week. Since we have a young child who is anxious to explore, we are very appreciative of his responsiveness. In short, even when things don't go perfectly, Caage will work to fix it. We couldn't be happier with Caage, both with John Milton and now with Alfredo.

Description of Work
Built a deck gate and gate to our alley; painted the deck gate; re-stained the fence and driveway gate

11/16/2014

Jason B.

We are extremely happy with the fence that John Milton designed and built around our home. It was a fairly large project, with over 350 feet of fence construction, including an automatic rolling gate. They removed the old fence and then constructed the new one out of clear redwood in a modern, horizontal arrangement, with a mahogany color stain. It really looks fantastic. All the neighbors have been complementing it. We were also very impressed by how accommodating they were. For example, we live in Venice and our property is on a corner lot, so we were concerned about being open and exposed overnight, while they demolished the old fence, set the new posts and framed everything. So to ease our minds, John and his foreman, Freddy, offered to construct one side at a time to minimize our feeling of vulnerability. We really appreciated it. If you're looking for a company to construct your fence, you'd likely be hard-pressed to find anyone as honest, friendly and professional. We highly recommend them! Thanks John, Freddy and team!

Description of Work
Caage Fence designed and built a modern style fence around our home, including an automatic rolling gate.

08/26/2014

Tammy H.

Installed one gate and then I had a second one installed. They fixed minor issues with the first gate. Overall John provides a fair price and stands by his work.

Description of Work
Installed Gates.

05/31/2014

Kathy F.

After reading the reviews on CAAGE, we decided to use them as their price was reasonable - John easily understood what we desired when building the fence. From start to finish, the job went smoothly. John's foreman Freddy, and Armando came out on May 22, 2014 - took down old fence and installed the steel posts. The guys cleaned up the area nicely, and hauled away the old fence. On Friday, May 23, 2014 the guys returned to install the wood fence. I was impressed with their expertise in accomplishing the task at hand. The fence looks absolutely wonderful - no complaints at all. Doing business with John at CAAGE was a positive experience. John was very patient with us as we were dealing with our neighbor who lives directly behind us, and we needed an estimate for a fence on our side as well as on her side. In the end, we ended up putting the fence on our side only. We also chose to stain/seal our fence on our own. John and Freddy both gave us the name of the product that they use on their fences. We will definitely use John in the future, and highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Demolished and hauled away old fence and installed 40 feet of new fence (Redwood) as well as steel posts.

03/09/2014

LOREN S.

John Milton went the extra mile. Our family recently adopted a small dog who could wiggle through our old gate. We met with John, explained our needs and decided on the design. When the gates were close to completion, John called us because he noticed that the material we'd chosen had slightly sharp edges. He was concerned that the pads on our dogs' paws (we have 2 dogs) could get hurt if the dogs put their feet against the gate. John brought the gate to our house for our inspection and he changed the original material at no charge. CAAGE FENCING took extra care to meet the specific needs of our family. Freddie and his crew did an excellent job installing the gates from start to finish. We are very pleased with the service and workmanship of our gates. Recommend CAAGE Fencing.

Description of Work
Made and installed driveway and pedestrian gates.

01/30/2014

Nichole G.

John came out and gave us a quote. He was very professional and helped us make up our minds about how best to fence off the area we had in mind. After the initial quote, it was about three weeks before they could begin work on the project. There was a crew of three that came out to install the fencing. They were super professional, punctual and neat. They checked in with us each day and let us know what they would be doing and kept checking to make sure that we were happy with the fence as it was installed. The fence turned out beautifully and the work is top quality, down to the details. I have another fencing project that I'm not ready to do yet, but when I am I will absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
They installed horizontal wood fencing, a short stretch of chain link fencing and a large section of redwood lattice.

01/16/2014

Laura D.

I have nothing but good things to say about the project and the company. Everything went smoothly and on schedule. The end products are perfect. John and his crew were great to work with - professional, responsive, and just plain nice people. If I ever have another fence or gate project, Caage is the company I will call.

Description of Work
Caage Fence installed a driveway gate, side gate, and a privacy lattice along the garden wall.

01/09/2014

R R.

Review for John Milton and his Caage Fence crew. This was a huge project on a home we just purchased. All of the fence replacement was done mostly to protect our dogs from coyotes that were entering the yard on a nightly basis. So I was very picky about all the details as safety was a concern. We must have interviewed half a dozen companies, and decided upon Caage Fence. Everything was done as promised and any minor problems/changes that can come up with a project of this size was always done with a smile and a creative solution. This was the first time for them to install coyote rollers so they learned off this job, but were very accommodating. The company who had a lot of experience with coyote rollers did not get very good reviews for the actual fencing. So we went with Caage fence and have not been sorry. To top it all off, they left our yard clean after the job was finished. We liked them so much we hope to have them fence in the entire front yard (another huge project!) and install a sliding gate at the end of the driveway for us later in the year. Highly, highly recommend this company! Thanks John, Freddy, and Caage Fence crew for helping us feel safe in our yard for the first time.

Description of Work
Install 220' of galv. 6' tall chain link fence. Install 30' of 8ft tall 'privamax' chain link fence. Install 140' of 3ft wrought iron fence. Install snake fence to base of chain link fence. Install chain link coyote apron at base of chain link fence. Install coyote rollers on chain link fence. Install chain link closeout behind new dog run. Install barbed wire at each 'start & stop' chain link post.

Category fencing, wrought iron

11/22/2013

David P.

I get everything done to my house through Angie's List, and for each job I get five estimates from companies with an and quot;Aand quot; rating only (and page of happiness if possible). I needed to get a wooden fence on one side of my property, consisting of finishing the top part of an 8 foot wooden fence that the flippers didn't do, then matching it with an 8' fence alongside my neighbor's garage, then dropping down to run along my neighbor's chain link fence out to the street, and putting in a 6 foot gate as well. I got the regular 5 estimates from very highly rated companies, and they ranged from $2,700 to $3,300, and all those were WITHOUT sealing or protecting the wood at all, which each company wanted to charge me at least $500 for. One talked about how difficult the job would be, one was condescending and borderline rude, and the other two were nice enough but quite expensive. Not only was John super nice and down to earth, he was no-nonsense about the job. He knows his stuff, and he explained to me right away how it could be done with no trouble. And his price INCLUDED sealing the entire thing with Penofin oil, which the others told me was the best choice but super costly. John and his guys showed up on time, were really friendly, and walked through the whole plan with me. They took their time to do things right, but moved along at a really good pace. I could tell by the way things were being done that I had chosen the right guys for the job. 3 days later they were done, I came home to a gorgeous new wooden fence and gate. They custom cut boards at the bottom to follow the exact lines of the ground, and the whole thing is exactly what I wanted! I love it so much. Do yourself a favor and get an estimate from CAAGE. The other guys are overcharging you. This is very high quality work and you won't get gouged. Superb!

Description of Work
Built approximately 60 feet of horizontal wood fence with gate

10/05/2013

Pierrino M.

All the posts are very firmly placed, the wire well stretched, it's all a very permanent installation. Feels very secure. He got to it and got it done quickly. Nice fellas all the way around, Unfortunately did not honor my request not to communicate with a very hostile neighbor but no biggie. Best price I could find and best work. You won't be sorry. Milton is a great guy and very conscientious. He gave me good advice on further fencing. You feel like you've got a friend working for you.

Description of Work
built a fence on a steep hill and a gate at the bottom

09/18/2013

Phil W.

First of all, John is a straight-ahead guy - down to earth, friendly and honest. I already knew this was probably the right company for the job even before we talked about specifics and prices during the estimate. In November/December of 2012, John and his team installed quite a bit of fencing at this single family home. It was a bit tricky, in that 3/4 of the perimeter is a low cinder block retaining wall that can't be removed and the fence had to be installed on top of it. Beyond that, I wanted to have a combo fence: metal posts with redwood slats. (The metal posts don't deteriorate in the ground and are impervious to termites). They core drilled into the block retaining walls, set the metal posts and then attached the redwood fence to that. It looks beautiful. I was fickle and changed my mind a couple of times (e.g., dog-ear slats or straight cut?). John tolerated my changes of heart with patience and diplomatic aplomb. When one of the gates sagged slightly, they came back and took care of it, no problem (9/18/2013). Now the gate is stronger than ever. Guests compliment the handsome appearance of the fence. I happily recommend them to friends and family needing any kind of fence or gate work.

Description of Work
They installed a couple of hundred feet (at least) of new fencing.

09/13/2013

elena V.

set fourteen 4x4 pressure treated wood posts 2' deep in concrete footings 8' on center. install top, middle and bottom redwood rails. attach 1x6x6 redwood fence boards vertically. build and install one 3' wide x 6' high side access gate. apply Penofin weatherproofing stain to both sides of fence and gate. neighbors, friends and family LOVE the beautiful redwood fencing. also wanted to add, john's employees are very professional who have respect for their boss john.

Description of Work
100' of 6' high redwood rence with on side gate

09/13/2013

elena V.

set six 4x4 pressure treated wood posts 2' deep in concrete footings 8' on center. install top, middle and bottom redwood rails. attach 1x6x6 redwood fence boards vertically. apply Penofin weatherproofing stain to both sides of fence. this review is long overdue. sorry for the delay.

Description of Work
in stall 40' of 6' high redwood fence

Category driveway gates