MCGRATH CONTRACTING INC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since December 2005

4.3

3343 La Cienega Pl

Los Angeles, CA 90016

ADDITIONAL SERVICE AREA- PORTIONS OF SOUTH LA, SAN GABRIEL VALLEY, & VENTURA COUNTY. ANOTHER CONTACT NAME/EMAIL: CARLA ARRIAGA, CARRIAGA@SBCGLOBAL.NET....

10/15/2021

Alicia M.

I paid McGrath contracting for drainage corrections & foundation repairs back in 2015, which were advised in the inspection report I hired them to carry out prior to purchase. Fast-forward to 2021, and I had a pre-sale general inspection report carried out, which highlighted the SAME drainage issues as the previous report. Essentially, McGrath Contracting did carry out the foundation repairs, but not the drainage corrections. Which were paid for. I've been trying to get ahold of them for 2 weeks to get this sorted, and they are refusing to return my calls. It's completely unethical and unacceptable business practice, and I'm just so disappointed - especially since Paul McGrath is regarded as one of the best in his field.

Description of Work
Extending 3 drainpipes

03/04/2015

Nicole B.

He was pleasant, My house was retrofitted and it looked very professionally done. I realized when I moved in many months later it was not satisfactory with a few areas. I called and the crew came out to make me happy. It needed a little tweaking cause my house is not perfect and they came out to assist and made a few tweaks that helped. But when I noticed my side wall cracking I was concerned. I believe this is an easy foundation reaction that caused the smooth stucco to easily crack, at least that is what I was told happened. The owner said he would give me a name of a specialist he has worked with as a referral to help, but I never received the info. Between the several professionals that I enquired to present their opinion and dealing with the owner between his other jobs, I didn't want to waste more time and just chalked it up. Poor follow through with my complaints!

Description of Work
He nicely retrofitted my house

05/05/2014

Manuel P.

McGrath performed worked as promised in the planned timeframe, as slightly below quoted cost.

Description of Work
Installed support beam and footing to support house that was cracked, and fixed portion of garage concrete as well as paved portion of front yard

04/25/2013

Chad S.

Their quote was higher than I got the work done for. They came out, gave me a quote and I got a few other quotes from other companies. Everybody was nice, even the people from the siding company were nice the first time they came out.

Description of Work
McGrath Constructing Inc gave me an estimate for a foundation repair.

12/18/2012

Brad F.

The staff was courteous, punctual, and professional. They completed the work according to schedule, they were tidy, and the finished product looks and works great. We are totally satisfied and have no complaints. Thanks for your help!

Description of Work
Our garage had been flooding every time it rained hard, and there was nowhere for the water to go other than in. So, we compared several contractors who proposed a variety of fixes, most notably installing a drainage grill leading to an underground pipe to the curb. McGrath installed just such a system, and so far this winter it seems to be working well. The heavier rains of January and February will tell us more!

09/10/2012

Jennifer S.

Absolutely superb! We met with lots of the top drainage experts on the Westside and we decided to go with Paul. He was extremely knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with throughout the process. His crew was so friendly, hard-working and did extra work not included in the bid that we tipped them all. We highly recommend Paul without any hesitation. The work looked extremely professional, with a great attention to detail. One of our favorite contractors!

Description of Work
Installed drainage in our rear patio. Our concrete patio didn't have any drainage, and water from the hillside was coming into our crawlspace.

07/10/2012

Brandon K.

I was pleased with the work and service provided by McGrath Contracting Inc.

Description of Work
McGrath Contracting Inc did some foundation work for us.

06/28/2012

Daysun P.

The entire process was easy, professional and well-managed from start to finish. We were provided a clear and concise estimate for the work, discussed options and results, and then the work was done extremely well, with minimal intrusiveness to our daily lives. So far the work has been exactly as promised, fixing a major drain problem we had in our backyard and proving to be a smart investment.

Description of Work
To improve surface drainage conditions in our backyard, McGrath Contracting installed two new 12” square catch drains to a new buried 4” pipe connected to the existing drain pipe, constructed a pressure-treated curb (15') and placed and finished a new concrete pad (15'x8') directing surface drain water into the new catch drains.

Category concrete repair

06/01/2012

Lorena H.

They were very professional, fast, and clean. We were very satisfied.

Description of Work
We had our sewer connected to the street & this needed to be fixed.

09/29/2011

Julien N.

I thought they were very good with the estimate; they were professional and put together. They are a highly professional organization but I didn't use them because their recommended work is what really needs to be done.

Description of Work
McGrath Contracting gave me a quote for foundation repair.

08/26/2011

Matthew C.

See above

Description of Work
After removing my deck I found a small section of rot in my mudsill. Given the structural significance of the mudsill, especially in a seismic zone, I thought it would be wise to get professional advice. Paul came out for a (free!) estimate and confirmed what another contractor had determined; the rot was small enough that I could fix it myself by chiseling it out and replacing with a wood filler. He could have told me that the problem required a professional and charged me thousands. After all, most of us are trying to find as much work as possible these days. However, Paul demonstrated that honesty and professionalism come first and for that I am very thankful.

08/11/2011

NORM W.

He was very nice. We decided to go with another company due to the type of service we needed. He came out on time and gave an estimate. He knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
Drainage issues.

07/30/2011

Jeff and Jenny D.

It took a little while between initial inspection and getting the work started but the work was done quickly and efficiently and we are very happy with the results.

Description of Work
We have a 1912 craftsman home and the front porch pillars where settling and causing cracks in the front porch. Paul came out to inspect and determined that each of the 6 pillars needed reinforcement. His team excavated each pillar and reinforced it with rebar and a new concrete pour. The workers were clean and professional and did the job in just a few days. Permits were pulled for the work and city inspectors were impressed with how well the work was done- that says a lot! We are very happy with the results and would recommend McGrath to anyone in need of a foundation inspection or repair.

07/22/2011

Rita Z.

After two seasons of heavy rains in which I experienced flooding on the ground floor of my 3-story house, which stands against a mountain side, I consulted McGrath Construction to determine how to stop the water intrusion. Paul observed the subspace in which the water was collecting and recommended that a drain pipe be installed to carry the water from that space to the street. We set a date for the work and his crew arrived at 7am that morning. They worked steadily for two and a half days to complete the project, leaving the work area completely clean. The drain pipe installation required excavation of a concrete side yard and a narrow section of lawn in the front yard. The concrete work to seal the excavation was expertly done and amazingly little damage was done to the lawn. Although the final test will come during the next rainy season, I was entirely pleased with Paul's approach to the problem and the quality of the work.

Description of Work
Company installed a drain pipe leading from a subspace of the house to the street.

12/26/2010

Chuck G.

McGrath did foundation work after our home closing. They installed a drain and support under the house. This did a nice job overall with what I could see. They were very professional and neat, etc. My one issue was the following: They told me that they would repair the dryer venting under the house. They did the repair. I discovered several months later, from another contractor, that the dryer venting had not been done properly and that debris was collecting under my house. This is a fire hazard. Since I can't easily investigate work done under my home, it was disturbing to learn this. I have to wonder if the other work under the home was done properly. I emailed the company to let them know and they never responded to my email. I was expecting an apology of some sort or at least "we'll ensure this doesn't happen in the future."

Description of Work
French Drain Installation Foundation Support Work under the home Dryer Venting under the home

10/05/2010

MATTHEW M.

Came recommended from the realtor. Was easy to work with, flexible with our escrow dates, fully explained the process and the pricing. Concrete work was done quickly and clean. The existing linoleum had to be demolished, but it was no loss. Great to work with, beautiful results.

Description of Work
The house we bought had a huge crack in the slab foundation running through the kitchen and into the dining room. McGrath & co. tore up the surrounding slab and "stitched" it back together with re-bar. Poured new concrete and smoothed the floor.

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

06/17/2010

John P.

We will be doing this work in the next couple of months.

Description of Work
We are planning on using Paul McGrath. The are very professional, punctual and competitive price and every where we research, Paul's name comes up in the LA area. They are the only ones willing to take on the job. We have been researching this issue for several years now and Paul has come out to do two separate estimates, using both his creativity and ingenuity to solve the ongoing issue we have with drainage on our hill.

Category concrete repair, excavators, remodeling, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

10/30/2009

Cody T.

This company is exceptional in terms of quality of service, honesty, and professionalism. Since the original job (see above) was completed in 2001, I have had several other independent contractors (plumbers and termite exterminators) comment on the "very high quality foundation work" under my house. I feel that the money I spent in 2001 on McGrath Contracting was an investment, and I feel very comfortable knowing that I can always get an honest opinion about what work could be done versus what work needs to be done.

Description of Work
In 2001 Paul McGrath provided foundation seismic retrofit and sub floor framing repairs on a 1935 hillside property that had suffered from extensive water damage under the master bath. Over the past eight years (most recently on 10/29/09), Paul has provided several no-cost inspections and recommendations on areas of concern, including termite damage, a sloping foundation, and assessment of damage to foundation wood due to a plumbing leak. This contractor has never tried to sell me on unnecessary home repairs, and I am confidant that if he told me I absolutely needed to get something fixed (which he has not done since the original job in 2001), it would be an honest appraisal. For example, after his most recent inspection of a slightly sloping foundation, Paul let me know that we could elect to have the foundation lifted and repaired, exactly what that would entail, approximate cost and time, and that it is not necessary for the basic structural integrity of our house at this time.

Category remodeling, foundation repair, earthquake retrofitting

04/24/2006

JORDAN S.

They were TERRIBLE. Although I scheduled them 8 weeks in advance, they still delayed their start by 2 weeks. Then they went 2 weeks longer than scheduled. Afterwards, they did not return my phone calls to fix a pipe that they broke or to answer other questions that I had. I would NEVER use them again and recommend avoiding them at all costs.

Description of Work
They replaced part of my foundation and on another part of my foundation they sealed some cracks.

Category remodeling

WE ABSOLUTELY HAD NO IDEA HE HAD A PROBLEM WITH US. I HAVE SPOKEN WITH HIM MANY TIMES AND FOUND HIM TO BE PLEASANT AND NEVER ONCE GETTING THE IMPRESSION THAT HE WAS UPSET WITH US. I WISH WE HAD KNOWN, THAT WAY WE WOULD HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRY AND FIX IT. THE ONLY THING WE CAN RECALL IS THAT HE RAN OUT OF MONEY TO COMPLETE HIS PROJECT AND SAID HE NEEDED TO STOP WORK UNTIL HE COULD GET THE FUNDS AVAILABLE TO COMPLETE THE REST. PAUL SAID OK, COMPLETED WHAT WAS NECESSARY, CLEANED UP AND LEFT. WHEN WE FIRST SCHEDULED HIS START DATE, WE HAD TO GIVE HIM WHAT WAS AVAILABLE ON OUR WORK SCHEDULE. HIS START DATE WAS 02/06/06 AND WE ACTUALLY STARTED ON 02/10/06. THE THING THAT A LOT OF CUSTOMERS DO NOT UNDERSTAND, EVEN WHEN EXPLAINED, WHEN WE ARE ON A CURRENT PROJECT AND THE CUSTOMERS HAVE ADDITIONAL WORK THAT IS REQUIRED TO BE DONE WE WANT TO STAY THERE UNTIL ITS COMPLETED. WE GAVE HIM THE SAME COURTESY. IN FACT, HE APPROVED TWO CHANGES FOR SOIL REMOVAL AND ADDITIONAL DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS AND HE ABSOLUTELY DID NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN HIS ADDITIONAL WORK CUT INTO SOMEONE ELSE’S START DATE. BUT WE DO LET OUR NEXT-IN-LINE CUSTOMERS KNOW THIS. ALSO, WEATHER, INSPECTIONS/ENGINEER SIGN OFFS CAN ALSO BE A BIG FACTOR ON COMPLETING A PROJECT BY COMPLETION DATE. NOT TO MENTION, HE APPROVED AND SIGNED ALL CONTRACTS/ WORK ORDERS AND WE NEVER ONCE BINDED HIM TO IT. WE PRIDE OURSELVES DEALING WITH ANY COMPLAINTS/PROBLEMS IN A PROFESSIONAL & TIMELY MANNER.

12/15/2005

JOANN K.

THEY EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS WITH THEIR WORK. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM. THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THEY DO REALLY GOOD WORK.

Description of Work
IT WAS RETROFITTING THE FOUNDATION OF THE HOUSE.

Category remodeling

A Team Plumbing Services Inc

Plumbing company founded in 2017 with technicians who have been in plumbing for more than 20 years. We cover any plumbing issues that deal with water, gas, and sewer. Our goal is to help you with any and all plumbing issues you may be having. We are available 7 days a week for your convenience.

PULU&Sons

We specialize in concrete services, repairs, pouring, leveling, driveways, walkways, stamped patios, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Absolute Maintenance & Consulting

Our company branches out to conduct Los Angeles Water Damage Repairs, Los Angeles Leak Detection, Waterproofing in Los Angeles, and Los Angeles Mold Removal. Compared to our other competitors, our Los Angeles Water Damage Repair services include maintenance programs, micro certified technicians, free services call with repair, extended warranty and guarantee, and 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. In addition, we have 35 years plus of experience in the industry, are a leading service provider from Angie's List, and Southern California Quality Installation and Maintenance Programs. Our Los Angeles Mold Experts are crossed trained in Thermography using FLIR cameras. Our mold removal technicians are certified in: Water Intrusion, Los Angeles Leak Detection's, Investigations, Thermography, Infrared Cameras, Water Damage Repairs, Los Angeles Mold Removal, Waterproofing in Los Angeles, and Weatherproofing. We understand the importance of having the best technology for your inspection, and an infrared thermal imaging camera will examine your windows, roofs, decks, stucco, concrete, basements and etc. Here at Absolute Maintenance and Consulting, we like to fix the problem and leave your home better than they were when we found it. We'll repair your property in a matter of days, making sure your home is outfitted with the protection and safety you and your family deserve. We've literally never met a problem we couldn't solve. When there's a problem in your home, we understand you need it fixed. We not only investigate and resolve the issue at hand, but we execute the matter of contention with confidence and assurance in illuminating our promise for our customers because they always come first. Please call us for details on our minimum job cost, the scope of work, the areas in which we are currently working, and how this applies to you. Our results are guaranteed, or you don't pay. To set up an inspection, please call 310-846-8213, and we only work for homeowners/owners.

Offers by Absolute Maintenance & Consulting on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

FOUNDATION REPAIRS, SLAB RAISING, PRESSURE GROUTING, CRACKS, EPOXY & SAWCUT, UNDERPINNING & REINFORCING, CAISSONS & GRADE BEAMS, LEVELING & REPLACEMENT. EARTHQUAKE SAFETY, ANCHOR BOLTS & PLATES, BRACING CRIPPLE WALLS, CHIMNEY STRAPPING, TSTRAPPING, PIERS, POST & FOOTINGS. DRAINAGE IMPROVEMENTS, BASEMENT WATERPROOFING, SURFACE DRAINAGE, SUB DRAINS, SUMP PUMPS & EXCAVATION. HILLSIDE & SLOPE FAILURE, RETAINING WALLS, BLOCK WALLS, GARDEN WALLS, FLASH WALLS, PIPE, & BOARD & DECKS.

ELECTRIC, PLUMBING, ROOFING, HEATING & AIR, ENGINEERING, DRILLING & BORING, GUTTER INSTALLATION, STUCCO, LANDSCAPING, PAINTING, DRYWALL, FLOOR INSTALLATION, MASONRY, CARPENTRY, ASPHALT, POOL CONSTRUCTION, SANDBLASTING, & CONCRETE CORING, CUTTING, & GRINDING.