Nemeth Family Interiors

Founded 1975 • With Angi since July 2005

Nemeth Family Interiors has been serving Covina and surrounding areas for over 40 years! We provide our customers with the best service, products & installation of flooring. We strive to exceed the homeowner's expectations every time, and get the job done the way you want it. We are rated among the

flooring (86)carpet installation (43)hardwood floors (32)tile installation (16)window treatment (4)woodworking (3)water damage restoration (3)

05/05/2020

Weston N.

Their communication was good. Their price was good. Their work was good.

Description of Work
repair of some damaged red oak floors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/03/2020

Thank you for your review of our business. Please don't hesitate to contact us in the future for any other flooring needs. We truly appreciate your business. Thank you again.

12/07/2019

Randy D.

Nemeth did a great job and really helped us out. They were quick, competent and professional and I will absolutely use them next time I need any flooring work.

Description of Work
Repair and carpet reinstallation after a water pipe leak.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 12/07/2019

Thank You for your review of our business. We greatly appreciate it and value you as a customer. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future with any other flooring needs. Thank you again

11/13/2019

Gary B.

Everything was excellent, from the finding the right product down to the installation. Dave was excellent in the help provided to find the right product . The installers were very good. They fixed a floor problem and installed 800 square feet of Vinyl planking and over 100 ft of baseboards in less than 2 days. I could not have been happier with the project. Would recommend to all family and friend's

Description of Work
Vinyl planking installed in home

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate it. Please let us know if we can help you in the future with any of your flooring needs. Thanks again.

10/29/2019

Roy H.

It was excellent! They did a great job, they gave us a good price and good quality workmanship.

Description of Work
They replaced the flooring in my house and replaced it with laminate and carpeting.

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you as a customer. Please feel free to contact us in the future for any other flooring needs.

09/17/2019

Linda W.

Fantastic job! Couldn’t be happier!! Excellent workmanship! I will hire again for next job.

Description of Work
Refinishing of hardwood floor

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

Thank you so much for your review of our business. We appreciate you as a customer. Please feel free to call on us again in the future.

06/13/2019

reymundo G.

Dave the owner came out to look he was quick right to the point no car salesman type of thing very nice gave us a moment to think about it love his approach

Description of Work
Bedroom floor

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

05/30/2019

Luke R.

I would highly recommend Nemeth over any corporate carpet companies. Their pricing was fair, the response time was quick, the installation was clean and I’m very happy with the carpet. Dave was flexible with scheduling and his crew was awesome. 100% satisfied!!

Description of Work
Need carpet installation

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

Thank you so very much for your review. We are glad that you were pleased with the work that was done. Please call us again with any future flooring needs. Nemeth Family Interiors

08/28/2018

Patricia K.

They were on time every day. Took great care of my furniture and walls, no damage. No problems or issues. Happy with end result.

Description of Work
Whole house wood-look vinyl flooring

Work Completed On 02/28/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review of our business. We are happy that you are pleased with your flooring. Please call us again for any future flooring needs. Nemeth Family Interiors

05/22/2018

Susan J.

There was a large selection of flooring in the store, and I was invited to take several samples home to see how they would look in my rooms. Dave Nemeth came out and measured and gave me an estimate for installation including taking up and replacing toilets, moving washer and dryer, removing most of the existing carpeting, and stretching the remaining carpet in two rooms. He said installation would take about four days. Two installers worked on my project for four days, and they cleaned up at the end of each day. Another worker came out and stretched the carpet the following day. During the process I contacted Minette in the office with some questions, and she was very helpful. I have been very pleased with the Nemeth company and its employees.

Description of Work
Vinyl "plank" flooring installed in all but two rooms of my home

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

02/28/2018

Diane W.

Excellent service and very professional. Hire them you will not be 😐

Description of Work
Carpet installed

Work Completed On 01/19/2018

02/05/2018

Kelly G.

Beautiful! Great work, very professional. Start to finish in four days.

Description of Work
Reflorring our entire house.

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

Review for Nemeth Family Interiors - 700 W Arrow Hwy, Covina, CA - 36805688

Hi [Member Name Removed], Great! We are glad to hear how well it went. :) Thank you for being such a valued customer! Nemeth Interiors

02/04/2018

Grace H.

It went great! This is a very professional company. We are very satisfied wih their product, workmanship,staff and thoughtfulness. Wonderful company and people. A few years back we had them install wall to wall carpet in our home too. We were very pleased then also. They cleaned up during and after the job is done as well.

Description of Work
We had our old linoleum in our entryway and kitchen removed, and beautiful wood look laminate flooring installed,

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed]! We are so happy to hear how satisfied you are with the work that was done. As always, it is our pleasure to help you with your flooring needs. Thank you for being such a valued customer!

07/14/2017

Mike C.

After deciding to go with Dave, we went to the showroom to pick out carpeting samples which they let us take home. After a few days, we decided on the carpet we wanted and took the samples back to Nemeth. But then we saw the samples of their wood flooring and picked out a wood laminate that was just a little more and decided on installing that instead. Come time to install, the installers, headed up by Abel, arrived on-time and were courteous, professional and accommodated our requests. They hauled out the old and dusty carpeting, clean the sub-floor, installed the flooring and installed new baseboards. They were respectful to our property and neighbors and cleaned up after themselves. And before they left, Abel educated us on how to take care of the floors and advised to put felt padding on our furniture to prevent gouging and scratching. The final result turned out better than we expected. We've had the floors for about 2 weeks now and it really livens up our living area and made the space seem bigger. It has been easy to clean and maintain. I would recommend that you call Dave of Nemeth Family Interiors if you like customer service and quality products. His company is simply the best!

Description of Work
We began looking for carpet and installation for our hallway, entryway, living room and dining room and got a quote from Empire and L.A. Carpet. Then we got a quote from Dave Nemeth of Nemeth Family Interiors. We decided to go with Dave because the quote and carpet quality was not only exceptionally better than the other two competitors whose carpet samples looked thin, entry level and of low grade. But Dave is very friendly and took the time out to find out what we wanted, without being a pushy salesman.

Work Completed On 07/01/2017

05/25/2017

Ray S.

Removed old flooring where necessary, removed/installed toilets, replaced baseboard. Two bathrooms were done, one a day. It is a quality installation and I am very satisfied with the results. Nanette in the store was extremely helpful and Dave Nemeth was very easy to deal with. Will most likely have them come back to replace the rest of my flooring.

Description of Work
Sheet vinyl flooring in bathrooms

Work Completed On 04/24/2017

03/04/2017

Chester K.

Great. Showroom was nice and mellow, uncrowded. Still, they have tons of carpet samples. It's a small family business--- they are honest and friendly. Installation was smooth and uneventful. They showed up on time, did their job nicely, and left. Dave, the owner, called the day before to confirm, then called afterwards to confirm that we were happy. Nothing went wrong, so I can't say how well they would handle a problem. The installers left without charging for the balance, so Dave said we could come in whenever to pay the balance, but I chose to provide our credit card over the phone. I can't say that the prices are super low--- I wasn't looking for an absolute bargain. I just wanted a fair price and good, professional service, and that's what I got.

Description of Work
Changed carpet in three bedrooms

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 03/04/2017

02/28/2017

Gabe A.

Everything went smoothly. He has hard workers and they did a great job.

Description of Work
I needed 3-4 sq ft of white oak patched up with a walnut stain.

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

Review for Nemeth Family Interiors - 700 W Arrow Hwy, Covina, CA - 34534761

01/26/2017

Decedra P.

They were wonderful. They were quick to respond and their price was really good compared to some people that I spoke to. It was very affordable. The quality is excellent. I did not have any problems.

Description of Work
They refinished the hardwood floors in the bedroom for us. They sanded the floors and refinished them with the natural finish and they had to replace a few floor boards because there was a little bit of termite damage.

Category hardwood floor

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

08/31/2016

JUDITH O.

Work was completed as promised at the agreed upon price. The staff was courteous and helpful.

Description of Work
Replace carpeting at a one bedroom duplex

Category carpet installation

Work Completed On 08/24/2016

08/23/2016

Edith L.

I wanted to replace my existing laminate flooring, which had been professionally installed and served it purpose satisfactorily for 15 years. The company that had installed the floors was no longer in business and thus began my search for a flooring company that would provide the same quality product and professionalism as that company had. After reviewing and examining business standing with Angie's list (Nemeth Family Interiors was a recipient of Angie's List awards) the Better Business Bureau and customer reviews, I chose Nemeth Family Interiors. I dealt with the owner, Dave Nemeth from the start (measurement, estimate and purchase). Prior to purchasing the flooring, I asked Dave if his installers were experienced and professional and he emphatically vouched for them stating they had been with the company for 30 years. On July 28, 2016, I purchased Armstrong Park Avenue laminate flooring from Nemeth Family Interiors for $6800.00 (Ivoice #12784). I had recently painted the rooms requiring flooring and asked Dave that he have his employees exercise care in those rooms. Dave assured me his employees would, they were "professionals" and "knew what they were doing." Dave said the installation would take four days (Aug. 22-25, 2016) to "get the job right." After making arrangements and scheduling the installation, the installers on day one reduced installation to TWO days. Getting "the job right" was a long way from the TRUTH. Upon arrival on Aug.22, 2016, the two installers were disrespectful, ill-mannered and had no regard for me and my home. They began by removing HALF the floors in all the rooms slated for new flooring in order to reduce the installation days. They placed equipment on/against the newly painted walls, pried base boards so forcibly damaging and leaving indentations, they played music loudly, urinated on the bathroom floor & toilet rim, defecated & failed to flush the toilet (all documented & photographed) no room was usable. At the end of the day, they left dust- which is a carcinogen, debris and trash throughout the house not one room was livable or usable. I called Nemeth Family Interiors but no one returned my call. The next morning, I called Dave and told him about the conduct and uncivilized behavior of his installers. I told him I did not want these individuals in my house and he apologized but did not replace the installers despite my protest. Upon completion on Aug. 23, 2016, I spent a week cleaning up after Nemeth Family Interiors - there was dust everywhere on the furniture, cabinets, I had to wash utensils, disinfect toilets, clean sofas, etc. because the dust is a carcinogen. NOT ONCE DID Dave come to inspect the work and/or apologize for the boorish behavior of his staff. On Aug. 29, 2016, I discoved loose planks, raised corners and peaking (photos/docs) and had Dave come see. He looked at the poor workmanship and said, this was the "first time: he had seen anything like this. He sent the SAME installer on Aug. 31, 2016 who said materials needed to be ordered before repairs could be done. ANOTHER WASTED DAY and more days of bad flooring. Sept. 16, 2016, the repairs were "supposedly" done but on Sept. 25, 2016, I find more loose squeaking planks and pieces missing which the installers hid behind furniture (how is this professional? They must have thought the furniture would never be moved and their shoddy work discovered.). After complaining to Dave, who is dumbfounded that this would occur, on Oct. 3, 2016 Dave sends the SAME installer who now wants to drill a hole into the floor (the warranty and experts recommended against this for laminate floors because it voids the warranty AND he's suppose to be the Nemeth Family Interiors expert??). I would not permit him to drill. ANOTHER WASTED DAY and still no properly installed floors. On Oct. 16, 2016 the floors in the living room were inverting, cracking and moving. I called Dave to inspect and rectify the problem immediately. Again, Dave was perplexed and said "nothing like this has ever happened." I told Dave that I was hard pressed to believe him because his employees lack of professionalism and workmanship was HAPPENING. Dave sends the SAME installers, despite my continued protests, on Oct. 4, 2016, to "fix" the problems cited, I asked the installers if the recommended Armstrong padding for the floor purchased was being used and their response was, "we use what Dave gives us." From October 2016 to January 15, 2017 the floors have squeaked and cracked because of cut rate padding and inappropriate installation. On Jan. 15, 2017, I discover warping in an unusual area (away from baseboard) and notified Dave. Daves comes to see on Jan. 20, 2017 and says he will send the SAME installer to replace the affected area. Dave is set and determined that his installers are not the problem and continues to send them. If that theory is half-true, then he sold me an inferior product installed by inferior inexperienced installers. On March 6,2017 one of the installers replaced the warped planks on that day, I told Dave that this was unacceptable and that I have been more than patient and tolerant. He thanked me for being "so nice." Recently, on April 22, 2017, I discovered a blister on a plank, several gaps between planks large enough to allow debris, mold and moisture to accumulate/enter, chipping planks, floors squeak and crack in every room wherever its stepped upon - a 5 lbs. cat makes the floors squeak - this is poor quality workmanship and not to mention unfitting unprofessional behavior/conduct is unacceptable under any situation by any company/firm. If the floor had the appropriate padding and had been installed correctly and PROFESSIONALLY this would not occur and I would not be so displeased and unsatisfied. My experience with Nemeth Family Interior is best described as a nightmare that never ends, it goes beyond unacceptable and it is unreasonable for any customer to endure such insufferable treatment. Dave Nemeth obviously does not care that he sold me an inferior product and subjected me to boorish and uncivilized conduct of his staff. All of these incidents, beginning in July 2016 to date are documented by email and photos. This project started in July 2016 and I have received disrespectful, reprehensible unprofessional service and installation from Nemeth Family Interiors. I have been more than civil, tolerant and patient with Dave and his staff. I, as a consumer, expected to be treated respectfully and received professional service & a superior product for which I paid. Nemeth Family Interiors falsely advertises superior service and products and that was not what I received. To this date, I still have all the problems listed. (SOME OF THE PHOTOS ARE ATTACHED)

Description of Work
Nemeth Family Interiors installed Armstrong Park Avenue laminate flooring to my living room, family room, kitchen and hallways. Nemeth Family Interiors advertises online, "With a superior flooring installation by Nemeth Family Interiors, all you see is the floor. No cracks; no buckling, gaping, sagging, squeaking or gaps now or in the years to come. That is the hallmark of a quality installation that looks as spectacular as it performs. Nemeth Family Interior's installers have the experience and expertise only found with certified and licensed professionals; carpet, hardwood, laminate or tile installations require different skills. Just like a dermatologist doesn't treat a fractured leg, a tile installer doesn't lay wall-to-wall carpet, unless he is trained and certified in carpet installation."

Work Completed On 07/28/2016

Review for Nemeth Family Interiors - 700 W Arrow Hwy, Covina, CA - 34924131

We were not able to get the flooring to the customers satisfaction. I was out there numerous times addressing issues. The floor continues to crack when walked on. I am having the floor inspected to see why the floor is cracking. We have given the consumer a full refund. I am sorry for any inconvenience we have caused.

03/22/2016

Christina A.

They did an excellent job. They crew was on time and did the job fast and efficient. The price was very fair. I would definitely recommend Nemeth to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Installed vinyl in my bathroom floor.

Work Completed On 03/15/2016

03/16/2016

Ralph O.

Went very well. Came out on Sunday which was necessary. Very professional and the quote is reasonable.

Description of Work
Written quote on flooring and shutters.

Category flooring contractor, window treatments

Work Completed On 03/06/2016

01/29/2016

larry D.

Dave Nemeth's showroom had a great variety of GOOD carpet. My wife and I were taken very good care of. We set a date for an estimate and measurement. They allowed us to take large sample boards home to make a decision. Dave came over and took measurements and assisted us with capable advise. The installation crew came over a little early (not complaining) and were courteous and fast. They installed quickly the first day and the same the next day. They moved all the large furniture left in the rooms (no charge). The quality of the carpet is outstanding. We were never pressured to buy anything. The crew completely cleaned up after each day of work. We would recommend Nemeth and would definitely use them again. A great family business.

Description of Work
They installed carpet in one hallway, three bedrooms and two large rooms.

Work Completed On 12/10/2015