EAGLE SERVICE COMPANY

Founded 2001 • With Angi since July 2006

2601 3rd Avenue South

Birmingham, AL 35233

Eagle Service Company was founded in 2001 by fourth generation master plumber and master gas fitter John Jeffcoat. The company's core values are based on those taught in the Boy Scouts of America, where John achieved the rank of Eagle Scout. Eagle Service Company strives to provide trustworthy,

08/06/2017

CasSandra C.

All went well*prompt response to email*tech arrived on time*friendly.

Description of Work
Pipe rodding

10/11/2016

MONICA G.

He was quick and professional and answered all my questions. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Clear main line

03/16/2016

Anne Lynn L.

The service technician, Brian, was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and professional. He was always prompt and efficient. He was able to get the needed parts quickly and free of charge (covered by the heater's warranty). Eagle customer service was very good.

Description of Work
Replaced new parts on gas hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water delivery

09/27/2015

BOOKER H.

I purchase an product they said would not fit but got an handyman to do it.The sink fit perfectly!

Description of Work
Could not install an sink in that I got an handyman to do it!

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

09/22/2015

Brandon P.

They are a good company. They didn’t fix my issue mainly because after I bought the house through home warranty, it was fixed. They had to be fixed through a company that they prefer but Eagle was a good company. The technician was really good. The actual receptionist and the administrator people within the company were a bit sluggish with like letting me know about my order and stuff but ultimately it was a good company. I liked how knowledgeable the technicians were. There wasn’t anything particular I dislike. They took time for the part that they thought I needed to order at the same time that’s going to be any company.

04/12/2015

Drenda M.

Office staff was very responsive. Called the next day to schedule a date/time. This was a rental property so I had to coordinate with a renter. They were helpful in waiting until I could contact renter to ensure someone would be at the property. My unit it 10 years old (no repairs, only service checkups) and they found items that I believe would have needed attention after that period. About $500 worth of repair and freon. I ask the tech to contact me with the details, since I was not present. He did call and explained each. We scheduled the follow up within a few days.

Description of Work
Took advantage of the $59 AC and heater check for the summer

03/23/2015

CasSandra C.

professional * arrived on time* completed job/sewer line unclogged

Description of Work
sewer rodding

08/15/2014

David R.

We went from a simple clogged pipe problem to selling expensive repair work - without addressing the problem. Ended up speaking to the owner of the company who investigated it , apologized, refunded my money

Description of Work
I purchased a for big deal a Whole House Plumbing Inspection and Water Heater Flush.

Category plumbing

We were very disappointed to see that 7 months after we provided services at his home, [Member Name] posted an unfavorable review about our company on Angie’s List. In January of 2014, [Member Name] purchased a whole house plumbing inspection and water heater flush. He fails to mention in his review that he had a hot water delivery problem that he knew about, and he thought that this deal would be a cheap way to address the problem. During the inspection, we found several problems with his plumbing system that needed to be addressed. 1. The water pressure on the home was at an unsafe level. 2. We were not able to totally flush the water heater, due to large amounts of sediment build-up in the water heater. 3. We found a leaking tub/shower valve that needed repair. [Member Name] authorized us to replace the pressure reducing valve serving his home, and to address the defective tub/shower valve. During the dis-assembly of the tub/shower valve, our technician discovered that pieces of the water heater dip tube had broken, and become lodged in the hot water piping. Furthermore, he discovered that this problem was affecting the hot water delivery to several areas of the home. At this point, [Member Name] told us that he knew about this issue, and that we just needed to perform a “simple back-water flush”. We informed [Member Name] that this was not an easy fix, but that we could attempt to remove the pieces of dip tub from his hot water piping system. The defective tub/shower valve was an older model, and the repair parts were not in stock locally. [Member Name] authorized us to order the parts to make the repair at a later date. Before departing, our technician provided [Member Name] with an estimate to remove sections of the hot water piping system, and to use compressed air to attempt to remove the dip tube pieces. After receiving the tub/shower repair parts, we returned to [Member Name] home to replace all working parts in the valve. A month after this second visit to his home,[Member Name] called our office and wanted to discuss the work that was performed at his home. He informed us that we had performed unnecessary work, and that we had not done what he originally called us to do. We reminded him, that he purchased a water heater flush, and a plumbing inspection through Angie’s List. This work was completed to his satisfaction, and he had personally authorized the necessary repair work that was diagnosed during the plumbing inspection. Even though he had authorized ALL work in advance, [Member Name] felt that the repairs that we had performed were not necessary. Since [Member Name] was not satisfied, we refunded him 100% of the money that he paid for the plumbing repairs at his home.

04/22/2014

Roxana H.

Technician was on time and professional. Has several suggestions of work that needed to be done.

Description of Work
Performed HVAC inspection

03/28/2014

DIANE V.

They were prompt. The service guy was really nice, he answered all of my questions and he arrived what he said he would arrive so I had no problems.

Description of Work
Eagle Service Company checked the plumbing and fixed the bathroom in my house.

03/26/2014

Robert W.

My experience with them was great. They were good. They came out, secured things, cleaned up, and did a really good job. It turned out to be a really cheap call. The charge was basically for the service call. That is all they charged me. They replaced a very small and inexpensive fuse because the fuse had gone out in the fan. The quality of their work was great. They could have charged me for a lot more and they did not. I really appreciated that. They came out almost immediately, maybe a day or two. They were right here when they told me they would be. If I had any problem, they would be the first one I would call.

Description of Work
Eagle Service Company checked my furnace and stuff. I had a little problem, I thought the fan was going out, but it turned out it just needed a little adjustment.

12/17/2013

Myron R.

It was an Angie's List Big Deal that I purchased. It was very good. It was at my son's house. He is deceased and we are getting the house ready for sale. They were fine, they were prompt, and they did what they were supposed to do. There were no extra charges. They were very good and they were very quick. They came when they were supposed to come. I would recommend them. It was my first time to use them. I have my own service company that I use so I wouldn't use them, not because they weren't good but because I already have what I have used for years.

Description of Work
We used Eagle Service Company for an air conditioning tune up. I think they had to change a valve or something but it wasn't anything really major. We got ready to sell the house and I wanted to make sure that the air conditioning is in good shape.

11/26/2013

Sonya S.

Very professional, polite and punctual.

Description of Work
Checked heatin and AC systems.

11/22/2013

HIlary H.

They did a great job. I had them check heating and air system. I liked that they technician was very quick and efficient. He was also very honest and did not pressure us into more work that did not need to be done. We were flexible with our time and they accommodated to that. Overall, this was a good experience.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for a heating and cooling check, inspection and tune up.

10/15/2013

Mary A.

It was great! They got here quickly and did a great job for us. What impresses me about Eagle is they don't try to charge you more or get toy to do services you don't need. I have had them out twice and they tell me exactly what I need. They are honest, straight forward, and helpful.

Description of Work
I purchased a $59 Big Deal for heating and cooling tune-up, clean and check.

10/14/2013

Shashi K.

There was nothing really wrong. We had just bought the house and wanted everything checked out. Everything went perfect with the Big Deal purchase. He was here maybe 45 minutes to an hour. No complaints. I felt the price was competitive.

Description of Work
They did a tune-up and gave some suggestions on maintenance.

09/30/2013

Kimberly C.

Went well. Description of service is detailed above. Technicians from Eagle Service are always punctual and professional. When I call the office with a problem, the office staff are always polite and helpful.

Description of Work
Upstairs cooling unit wasn't blowing air at all. The technician found that an insulation panel had come loose inside evaporator coil box causing airflow problem. He reattached the panel and checked to be sure unit was operating properly.

09/30/2013

John L.

I got an AL deal for a home inspection. They came out and did a plumping inspection and found some of the causes for the problems that we had noticed. They were very prompt in giving me an estimate for the repairs needed and I intend to use them for those repairs, if and when we decide to do them.

Description of Work
Inspection

08/28/2013

Linda A.

They came right out to give me a quote and the man couldn't have been nicer. The receptionist was very nice and very helpful. They were very curtious. They took pictures and sent them to the owner to review and get a quote from. I have nothing bad to say about them, I just weren't able to use their services because I got a better bid from someone that works in the building.

Description of Work
They came out to give me an estimate to replace a water heater.

07/01/2013

George W.

Excellent after the coupon was received by the provider.

Description of Work
Serviced my air conditioning unit.

06/19/2013

Mary A.

Very honest, helpful, and friendly service. We had to pay $100 more for the service than the coupon that we had already paid for because of the mix-up with Alagasco and the extra time that was required. However, it was worth it to us to NOT to end up buying a new water heater yet. We'll definitely call them when we are ready to replace the water heater.

Description of Work
Inspected plumbing throughout house. Assessed water heater. Appeared that we were going to need new water heater after pilot light would not light, even after he had replaced the thermocoupler. When he went to pick up the new water heater, he had the thought that he should check to make sure that the gas hadn't been turned off to the house. He came back to check that, and found that, yes, in fact, the gas had been turned off to the house.

03/14/2013

CasSandra C.

The overall experience was excellent, I made the appointment with an employee named Exie( I believe) it was early morning and she was very pleasant and easy going. The serviceman came out, as scheduled, he was also quite nice.

Description of Work
I was having a problem with water backing up in 2 of my bathrooms. This company was offering a special on Angies for rodding. I checked with a couple other plumbing companies & true to advertising the special would save me about 50%. A serviceman came out & rodded the pipes & we've experienced no additional problems!

10/22/2012

Heidi B.

The work was done well and fairly efficiently. But the cost was exorbitant. As simple as the fix was, I can gaurantee next time I will do that work for myself, even if my hubby is out of town. The valve and the faucet were screw in. I rarely use a plumber so maybe the price was in line with what a normal charge was. I don't really know. But I do know after they left, me and my checkbook felt violated.

Description of Work
Drained water heater and replaced pop off vave and drain faucet.

Category plumbing

The homeowner called our office at 1:00PM on August 24, and reported that her basement was flooded. After 30 minutes of travel time, our technician arrived at her home at 2:00PM. He found that the water had come from the temperature & pressure relief valve at the water heater. He first verified that the home had a properly functioning pressure reducing valve, and then he replaced the temperature & pressure relief valve and the boiler drain on the water heater. Additionally, he performed some necessary re-piping at the water heater. After a 10% Angie's List discount, the invoice total was $322.20. The customer did not let us know at any time, that she was unhappy with the invoice amount for the repair work. Had we been made aware of her unhappiness, we would have made every effort to satisfy her.

09/26/2011

Chuck G.

They did a great job. Called the Friday morning before the memorial weekend, and was worried that they wouldn't be able to do anything until the following week. They came later that morning, and their service technician finished it by the end of the day. He had to leave to get replacement parts, but he did what he had to do to finish the job so we wouldn't be without AC over the long, 3-day weekend. Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Repaired broken AC compressor.

Category handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac

01/20/2011

David R.

Very prompt, professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Would definitely use them again should the need arise.

Description of Work
Blocked gas line into wood burning fireplace. They were able to quickly clear the line and establish flow without much fuss.

Category handyman service, plumbing, gas leak repair