The world of flooring is complex with countless types of floor coverings and installation methods. Whether you’re shopping for or installing floors, you’re bound to come across unfamiliar terms. Reference our handy glossary of common flooring terminology.
Get matched with top flooring installation in North Pole, AK
There are 1 highly-rated local flooring installation.
Recent Flooring Reviews in North Pole
- Ray's Installation ServiceJudge and Donte showed up on time, explained the upcoming install procedure and timeline, and began the install. It was expected to take 3 days but only took 1 1/2 days. Both worked very hard and in a professional manner. We have carpet ordered and hope to have these fine young men come do that install as well. Judge was a tremendous help in overcoming a couple of glitches that occurred due to inexperienced sales people where we bought the flooring
- Northridge Home Services LLCBill was a total professional. He was helpful with decisions, he went above and beyond in helping us with the entire process. He finished on budget and on time. His quality of work was excellent. His workers were clean, polite and did a fantastic job. He did the entire job while we were out of town and I had not problem leaving my home in his hands and he did not let me down in any way. I would highly recommend Northridge for all remodeling needs and will be having him return for additional remodeling as well
- Homescape BuildersAlan Gering of Homescape Builders had been doing some visits back in November. I have my own maintenance crew. As I saw his business card and looking at it, I had to call him out. He is excellent. He was on the property last week. We are going to meet to take down some final sightings and have it replaced. We also need to replace some of the wood on the exterior of that building and he is going to take care of that for me. He started the process back in September and as it got too cold, so now he's going to be coming back to finish that up for me. Everything and each piece of the work that he does is on a bid. No job is too small to too big. He is willing to work with different properties, and he stays really really busy. One of the last invoices was for $7000 and he had worked on several units. At one time, I owed him a little over $30,000 and he had done about six units for me, but he broke it down so that I could pay him each quarter. He is a really really good guy. Last invoice was in January 2011, for which he did two apartments and the invoice was $3290. In that he was doing the vinyl trim on my windows, painting and moulding to caulk and seal the windows so that they are air tight. He purchased and installed the tub joint to put over the existing tiles. He repaired weak tiles, caulk and sealed, and reinstalled the plumbing. Most definitely, I would use him in the future and promote him whenever I can
- MAC CHEYNE'S CARPETS PLUS INCIn the initial planning phase, there was a hiccup because the first store representative who met with us and came out to the house to measure had left the company and left us in the dark for a few weeks before we eventually called to follow up (and learned that she had left). However, the new person assigned to us did everything to make it up to us, even throwing in a carpet remnant that we needed to cover the stair step (we went with laminate on the stair risers). So that was a good will gesture on their part, which is always good. Once the new rep came out to the house and the new flooring was delivered, it was a few days getting going with the installer (we had a few days of horrible rain) but it was okay with us. Once the installer got going, everything went really smoothly and we really liked the results! We had a few tricky places in our house (several log posts going from ceiling to floor) but he did a great job getting the laminate to lay around them beautifully. Overall, we are really happy with the work. I think the cost of the product itself was a little high; we did see the same product advertised for a lot less, but of course that was in the lower 48, and we all know that stuff just costs more here in Fairbanks. I think the price for labor was fair. The estimate was pretty close to the final price we paid for everything
- MAC CHEYNE'S CARPETS PLUS INCChoosing what to do... They were Wonderful!! From day one! Sara came and helped us choose the right floor it took a couple days and samples, but she came with the exact thing we wanted ( I think she knew all along). She really has a Great Eye for design. We have a lot of different woods in the home. She suggested we not try to match (what a concept!! I so appreciate her input and knowledge, but most her eye for what works).... Wow!!! Everything pulls together. She was really great. And was here though out the job checking all the time to be sure all was going as planed. Instillation... Another dream... Their installer is T&G Construction, Tom Maple. Wow, again. Very nice guy, nice dog too. That aside. Clean, courteous, very professional, very hands on for the most perfection possible. Guarantying his work. He did such a wonderful job. Very hand on. I will call him again just to do any home repairs or update in the future
Flooring Contractors in North Pole
- Recent Review:Although we ran into many complications ie, bees nest in the wall, electrical and plumbing issues, unsquare log walls, challenges of working in the middle of winter...Jason and his crew were able to press through completing the job with professionalism, dedication and patience. I would highly recommend Spartan Construction LLC for even the most challenging projectPat B.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:WE do NOT do installation! Mill Direct - National Wholesaler Distributor Hardwood Flooring & Decking. 17 years ago, we started with a simple goal: to offer the finest exotic Brazilian hardwood floors available, online. We are an innovative flooring company that offers honest, knowledge-based, outstanding personalized service delivered with integrity and respect.We believe an informed customer is a happy customer. Our team of specialists, with over 45+ years of combined experience, is here to ..Recent Review:very well and their product high quality!linda d.
- Business Description:Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org. Family owned. Cost is determined by the job.Recent Review:.Jeff B.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Ace II General Contractors Inc.Recent Review:The service was excellent. They are very good, they area very professional and quick to respond on your every request.Julie F.
- Business Description:Maranatha Construction is owned and operated solely by Tim Moore. It offers very reasonable prices and only high quality floor installation!
- Business Description:GCS, Inc. is a full service general contractor in Fairbanks, AK. We actively listen to our customers to meet and exceed your project goals. Let us help you come up with an innovative and cost effective solution based on your individual construction needs. We look forward to discussing your next project
- Business Description:Playground Rubber Safety Surfacing, Deck Restoration, Gym Floors, Sport Surfaces, Playgrounds, and many other recreational applications.
- Business Description:Class A Contractor, Licensed and Insured. We offer experienced, professional home and business renovation and repair services in addition to new construction, solar and renewable energy solutions. We pride ourselves on individualized service and our dedication to ethical, renewable options that make sense for your family and communityRecent Review:<p>The best thing about Jason is he's creative, he had some great ideas about how to approach things that we wanted to accomplish. Their work was very good quality. He's easy to work with too.</p> <br /Susan W.
- Business Description:Florcraft Carpet One is A family owned business operating in Alaska for over 51 years. We are part of Carpet One which is a Co-op with the buying power of over 1000 stores which allows us to offer competitive pricingRecent Review:We arrived in Anchorage to discover our rental property required a full, but completely unexpected, remodel. Needless to say, budget was a factor. <br /> Jamie Tamanaha promptly came out to our house to measure cabinets and countertops for the kitchen and two baths. Even though this was measured right before a holiday weekend, we still met just a few days later at the Florcraft Carpet One showroom. Jamie had line drawings of the kitchen and baths plus a computer-aided design program showing us different cabinet configurations for our spaces. <br /> Jamie knew the product lines extremely well. He demonstrated the different models' features, gave us pros and cons, informed us how well the different models would last/wear, and provided their warranty information. Jamie offered solutions to maximize cabinet space, usefulness, and convenience. Jamie was extremely efficient and professional. He answered all of our questions and there was never any upsell pressure. <br /> We went with the gorgeous Bellmont 1900 series cabinets and the beautifully durable Staron countertops. Bellmont cabinets are US made. We especially liked their "soft close" feature and "green certification". Staron countertops look good and are easily repaired. Since this was for a rental property, that was doubly important. Even though there was a six-to-eight week lead time, they arrived a little early. <br /> Florcraft Carpet One worked with us and our schedule. We were even able to remain in the house while the work was being performed! Jamie and the Florcraft Carpet One team provided exceptional service and support. They have our gratitude and highest recommendation. <br /Julie B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful flooring contractor articles
Retiling is a great way to update the look and feel of your bathroom, and it’s not as expensive as you might think. This guide breaks down the costs to retile a bathroom, what factors go into the overall price, and what you can afford on your budget.
Ceramic tile as a flooring option boasts a long list of advantages over other surfaces. However, there are also some key drawbacks worth considering. We’ve rounded up both the pros and the cons of ceramic tile into a helpful list so you can choose the rig
flooring installation in North Pole
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Chase Life Construction2692 Mockler Ave
North Pole, Alaska
- Chase Life Construction
- Efloors.com1000 Brook Forest Ave
- FLORCRAFT CARPET ONE145 E 5TH AVE
- FLORCRAFT CARPET ONE
- Graham Construction Services, Inc.1755 Gilmore Trail
- Graham Construction Services, Inc.
- JTF Renewable Design & Build289 Rainbow Ridge Road
- JTF Renewable Design & Build
- Plambeck Floor Customs1997 Badger Rd.
North Pole Alaska, Alaska
- Plambeck Floor Customs
- Spartan Construction LLC157 Romans Way
- Spartan Construction LLC