Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Chugiak, AK
There are 1 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Chugiak
- Spartan ContractingThe remodel went perfectly. Levi and his crew handled all of the details, from start to finish, which left me with nothing to worry about. In addition, Levi communicated almost daily with me about the progress of the job and was always available if/when I had questions. I have already recommended Spartan Contracting to friends and family
- Spartan ContractingRenovation went excellently. in addition to executing work, Spartan provided design recommendations. Spartan were available for questions, responded in a timely manner, and worked within our guidelines. The work was done well. The project costs and timelines were explained clearly and appropriate documentation was provided
- Superior RefinishingMichael at Superior Refinishing was personable, professional, very prompt in returning calls and on time for the appointment. He was respectful and careful of my home and floors, as he unloaded and loaded his equipment. His instructions were clear for the curing period of the tub refinish. It's beautiful! I can't give him enough high praise
- Re-Bath of AnchorageIt went well. The owner himself came out to talk to us, and he had some good ideas that e had not considered. He was very knowledgeable and patient with us.
- Re-Bath of AnchorageOverall my experience with Re-Bath was great. They are very professional in what they do, and the installers were very helpful in all of my questions.
- Finesse FiberglassMr. Horner did an amazing job. There is no way to even tell any work was done on the tub. If I could figure out how to attach a picture to this report, I would. He took a couple of days to carefully clean and prep the area, repair it and then paint it to exactly match the tub. There were spiderweb sized cracks running for several inches in various directions. There is now no sign of cracks ever being there. Before he started the process he warned us that the process was going to be very smelly. But he kept the door closed and the fan running in there the whole time he was working and thereby minimized any ordors that came into the rest of the house. He was very thoughtful and considerate in this regard. I have to say that his work reflects true craftsmanship
- Superior RefinishingI'm delighted with the results of Michael's work! This 46 year old bath tub looks brand new!! Michael uses a good ventilation system as he works, so only mild fumes linger after he's finished. I highly recommend this service.
- Re-Bath of AnchoragePaid half up-front so materials could be purchased. Materials came in sooner than originally expected and Rebath was able to work around our schedule to start the job a month early. Their workers were punctual, courteous and had no problem working in the cramped space of a down-stairs 1952 designed bathroom, the only full bath in the house. The price was firm, despite the fact that the existing cast-iron tub had to be broken apart to be removed and the existing drain assembly was firmly cemented into the concrete floor. Before any work progressed, tarps were put down to assure nothing would be tracked onto carpets and flooring in other parts of the house. Rebath and their sub-contractor arranged for necessary inspections which didn't require participation of home-owner. The job was not derailed by the fact that the shipping company had damaged the acrylic bathtub beyond repair. Rebath discovered the problem on site prior to installation, and had a new tub delivered from their showroom within an hour. I was impressed that Rebath was able to complete the job, despite the obstacles noted, within the time originally estimated. It's Rebath's policy that you pay half upfront, one-quarter when the project is started and the remaining one-quarter upon completion of the job. This policy was disclosed in advance and I had no problem with paying for a flawless installation backed by a solid warranty
- Tub TechAt first I though we would use one of the epoxy paint products offered at the home improvement stores, but after looking at the instructions, the vapor danger, and the life of the product we decided to go with a pro even though it is expensive. The longer service life is worth expensive in our opinion. We cleaned the bathroom thoroughly as per instructions to eliminate any air borne debris from getting on the finished work. Tub Tech arrived on time and explained what was to be done and the limitations of refinishing fiberglass pans of our variety. He prepared the room and brought in his preparation tools and air handling equipment. He advised us that once he began spraying the finish there may be strong odors. His equipment removed the odor from the house and supplied his air mask. Upon completion of the job he advised us that the shower could be used after 24 hours, but if we could wait 48 hours the cure would be better. As it worked out we waited more than 48 hours. There was some odor remaining so the bath exhaust fan was left on for almost a day to clear the room. After completing the job Tub Tech cleaned up so that only evidence he was there was a bright finished shower pan
- Superior RefinishingMichael refinished our old motel room tub. He was quick and made the tub look brand new. We will use Superior Refinishing for any other tubs which we need refinished. Creekwood Inn
Bathtub Refinishers in Chugiak
- Business Description:Spartan Contracting is an Alaskan owned firm with over 100 years of combined experience in residential and commercial construction. We are a fully licensed, bonded, insured and residentially endorsed general contractor able to meet all your remodeling and new construction needs. We are also Municipality of Anchorage certified excavators and septic installers, providing exceptional value to our clients. From small remodels to full ground up construction, we have the experience and expertise to..Recent Review:The work was excellent, a bit pricey but worth it.Kari C.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Three days and no communication. We spoke on the phone, I was told I would be receiving an email with scheduling information. Never did. I got this big spiel about how important the right contractor was and how you don't want someone to scam you, he (Lee?) talked my ear off for quite a while. Unfortunately, my messages are being ignored and there has been no communication. I took time out of my day because he let me know he would 'probably' drop by the home I am interested in for a bid but didn't do that either. Messaged asking him to let me know if he was no longer interested, still no answer. So - if something changes, I would be more than happy to change my review. As it is now, I am not a fan of the lip serviceVivien S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
bathtub refinishers in Chugiak
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!