When you reduce power usage in your home, you can save money and the planet. Follow these simple tips—from turning off lights to preventing vampire power—to lower your energy demand, decrease utility bills, and shrink your carbon footprint.
Get matched with top energy consultants in Big Lake, AK
There are 1 highly-rated local energy consultants.
Recent Home Energy Audit Reviews in Big Lake
- Renewal by Andersen of AlaskaFrom the moment of setting up an appointment to having the work done, all was accomplished in a professional, knowledgeable and friendly way. I had four windows (big) and outside door done the first round starting with Jesse and Bobby, and two windows the second round, Brian, Jacob and Tyrone. Everyone from start to finish, including the ones in office setting up the appointments and job times, were excellent. They answered any questions I had and made sure everything met with my approval. And they do an excellent job of clean-up! I will definitely recommend this company and have more windows for them to work on in the future. I must add that this is a '60s log house and they made sure that the outside integrity of the home was not compromised by putting in the windows; they worked within the existing frames on the outside (other than the two egress windows I had to have, but they are on the backside of the house) read less
- Klebs Mechanical IncSenior mechanic John worked alone on both the estimate and repairs. There was no charge for the estimate. Although I had asked for estimates for both repair and replacement of the boiler with a new energy efficient one, he convinced me that I would be happier repairing the old one, and didn't try to sell me a new one. He says boilers like mine are all over town and quite reliable. The new energy efficient models require more frequent and expensive service and sometimes shut completely down when certain things go wrong, whereas the standard models like I have may leak and bang when parts are wearing out, but keep on working. He said Klebs stocks all the parts for my current boiler, and carries all the parts they need in their vans. I called them in the first place because of a leak from the pressure relief drain pipe. The safety relief system was worn out. The water heater and boiler were originally installed very close together so that it was almost impossible to work on the relief tank. By changing the position of the boiler and water heater relief pipes and installing the new pressure tank on the wall, he made it so the system can be easily serviced and repaired in the future, and so that if the water heater or boiler get a leak, I can see immediately where the leak is coming from. I have had the boiler inspected previously for replacement estimates, but John was the first mechanic I have encountered who seemed 100% knowledgeable about this model, and quite candid in discussing the options (not focused on selling me a new one). He was able to do the estimate during my lunch hour so I didn't have to use annual leave. While doing the repair he worked steadily, and cleaned up after himself. When I called the day after repairs to say a zone wasn't working, he made a trip back to trouble shoot (again during the lunch hour), quickly identified the problem (a thermostat), fixed it in just a few minutes and didn't charge for the extra trip read less
- Flawless Construction Inc.My current boiler is nearly 40 years old. I know I'm on borrowed time with it. When I heard that I could get a rebate of several thousand dollars by participating in the AHFC energy program, I jumped at the chance to replace it at a discount. I applied for the program and was assigned Flawless Construction as my rater. I assume that the audit itself is fairly standard but what really sets Flawless apart is the thoroughness of their explanations of what needs to be done in order to qualify for as large a rebate as possible. Jordan Agen was terrific! He spent a long time answering my questions, offering suggestions and being sure that I had everything I needed to submit paperwork to get the ball rolling. A friend was over when the audit was done and she said that her rater was nowhere near as thorough or knowledgeable as Flawless. Can't wait to get my new boiler in before the snow flies and the temps drop. I'll absolutely call Flawless to do the follow up audit read less
- Flawless Construction Inc.Very professional service and responsive to my questions, concerns and explained in detail what improvements I could make to reduce my home's carbon footprint.
- RESTORATION PAINTING & HOME IMPROVEMENT, INCLet me begin by saying I didnt know many contractors in the Anchorage area and I was familiar with who did energy efficiency work so I picked this company entirely based on the reviews here on Angies List and I couldnt have been happier. This company was very professional and punctual. They generated a timely estimate that was lower than some of the competition. The selling point for me was Steve's laidback and honest nature. He also was prepared to start the work immediately. When the crews showed up they made sure to make a very small impact during the construction process. They laid down floor mats to ensure dirt wasnt tracked inside the house. When I returned home from work everyday and they had wrapped up work for the day, I wasn't even able to tell they had been working because they left everything very clean. Steve, the owner, is very responsive and is familiar with the AHFC energy rebate guidelines and specifications. He is also familiar with city codes and standards and he does many installations for Rural Cap. He helped me understand my report and he had some great suggestions to affordably reduce airflow (for example chimney balloons) and did a great job sealing/caulking in the house to meet the goals in the report. Steve also made recommendations on important things that should be addressed during the construction process to ensure safety and energy efficiency. One of these things was the fact that my bathroom and range were vented into the attic on both sides of my duplex. He explained to me that this is a hazard and before he insulated the attic he made a strong suggestion to have these rerouted and vented outside. The most impressive thing to me about the company was that they came back after all the construction was done and after my first energy audit and were willing to continue to help me achieve a higher energy rating by doing more sealing/caulking as they saw fit. That is something you just dont see these days! In the end my house went from a 2star home to nearly a 4 star plus home (I got a 4 star rating but was 1 point away from 4 star plus). I would not hesitate to recommend this company again read less
- Flawless Construction Inc.My first impression when I was assigned my energy auditor was one of confusion. The program refunds $325 for an as-is energy rating. Flawless Construction wanted to charge me $450. My thought was why would a company do this? Jumping to the audit being completed, I would have gladly paid more for the professionalism and tips Jordan showed me. This is possibly the best $450 I've spent ever, or at least in a long time. Jordan arrived on time, was very friendly, energetic and willing to share his knowledge. I had some other home issues the day he showed up, and Jordan was kind enough to look at them and provide me advice. Through the energy audit, Jordan walked me through step by step what he was doing and why. I can't begin to tell you HOW MUCH I APPRECIATED this. Not only did I get a VERY professional audit, I also gained valuable information, like how to do the upgrades myself, saving me money. I was not expecting to recieve my energy report for a couple of weeks after the audit, at the minimum. I was shocked when it showed up in the mail just a couple of days later. He had even taken the time to print out two reports and the additional paperwork needed for me to recieve my refund. All I had to do was mail the already completed paperwork. How much easier could he have made this? I have other projects around the home that may need a contractors attention. Flawless Construction will be at the top of my list of contractors to call. I look forward to working with Jordan again read less
- HENRY'S SERVICES INCThe estimate seemed competitive. The gentlemen that came to my house were very knowledgeable, professional, prompt and experienced. They were responsive and were on time.
- RESTORATION PAINTING & HOME IMPROVEMENT, INCThe entire energy efficiency/improvement project went very well, like clockwork so to speak. Steve was very familiar with the Alaska Housing Finance Corp.'s energy efficiency program. He knew exactly what to do and what was needed to meet spec for the energy audit analysis on our home. An estimate was given, materials brought in and work was completed, ASAP. Again, as stated previously, the work was performed quickly, thoroughly, efficiently, within budget and there wasn't a mess to clean up anywhere...all of this is highly important to me and my spouse. The energy efficiency of our home was greatly improved and the AHFC reimbursed us for $5,500.00 dollars of our out of pocket expenses as per their program's legal obligation. I will definately use Steve Thomas, with Restoration Painting and Home Improvement, again for work at my home. Colleen Bobbi read less
- Flawless Construction Inc.Set up an energy rating over a month in advance. Was told the appointment would be from 1:00pm-4:00pm, but that we need to be available an hour and a half ahead of time (11:30am), so I took the day off of work. The day of the appointment they called and left a message at 10:30am to say they won't be coming and we need to reschedule. After calling them back they offered no explanation, nor apology (along with a bit of attitude) and said if we wanted to reschedule that we would need to call back another day. Customer service goes a long way & their lack of it was very disappointing. We will find another company to work with in the future read less
Energy Audit Companies in Big Lake
- Business Description:Renewal by Andersen is the replacement window division of Andersen Corporation, a company that’s been innovating windows for more than 116 years. As part of the family of companies that make up Andersen Corporation a name synonymous with quality, you can be sure we'll be here when you need us read lessRecent Review:FINAL UPDATE (see two prior review installments): Renewal by Andersen Alaska promptly followed up on the issues mentioned above concerning the siding that had been damaged during their installation of our windows. A crew came out two days ago, replacing the siding, re-applying the caulking around the windows (the original caulking job was rough), and carefully matching the paint on the new siding to the existing color of the house. The job was a 100 percent improvement. My final thought is that our experience was likely an aberration. I believe a young, inexperienced crew was assigned the initial job. I know that in-company meetings and discussions have since been held as a result of our experience to ensure better quality work and customer service. In the end, Andersen of Alaska followed up and the work inside and out is much improved read lessPauletta S.
- Business Description:Flawless Construction is a well respected Alaska general contractor who prides itself on providing excellent services to our valued customers at an affordable price. We strive for your business and our customers are very important to us. Let Flawless Construction help you on your next project. During the improvement process it is important to be organize and timely. The details in pre-planning your project are essential to the outcome. At Flawless Construction our team is dedicated and focuse.. read less
- Business Description:USA Alarm is a national company that has more than two decades of experience and an award winning command center that protects more than 700,000 homes and businesses through the United States, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. We have offices located throughout the US, with two main offices in Indianapolis, Indiana and Post Falls, Idaho read less
- Business Description:Alaska Decks and More LLC, has been operating in Anchorage 11 years with a history of happy customers because of the quality products we install and the great customer service that we provide through the entire construction process. We are well connected with the best sub-contractors in Anchorage and are known for our high standards within the building industry. We are very quick to respond to any customer concerns and we offer fair pricing even in the case of change orders - we intend to be .. read lessRecent Review:Nathan carefully assessed our existing deck and provided money saving advice on how best to proceed. The estimate was easy to understand, prepared promptly and turned out to be significantly less than a comparative bid . Once the schedule for construction was set we were kept informed and the entire project was completed very close to the original schedule. The crew was friendly and did good work that they clearly took pride in. A few issues that arose during construction were promptly and professionally addressed. The end result is that we now have a very nice and solid deck that we will enjoy for many years to come read lessChuck L.
- Business Description:Call (866) 400-5586 for more about saving energy through energy conservation in Anchorage, AK.
- Business Description:KLEBS is proud to be a leader in the Anchorage plumbing and heating industry and beyond. We specialize in efficient solutions – residential or commercial services. We're there. Additional DBAs - Klebs Heating, Klebs Heating & Air. Additional phones - (907) 365-2514, (907) 344-1128 read lessRecent Review:Between 2009 and 2014 or so, they did furnace maintenance and repair. They wouldn't combine a service and a maintenance visit...insisting on charging for a 2nd visit to come back and clean. That is regardless of the fact that the furnace they installed in 2009 for about $13K, quit working. They would neither comp any of the multiple repair visits that occurred between 2009 and 2012, nor would they clean the furnace on the same visit to repair it. When I finally refused to pay for a service visit immediately following a repair, I was referred to the service manager. I only include this to say that the tone of the service manager was so condescending, patronizing and chauvinistic, there was no point in having a conversation unless you have a male voice. Also, if you're hot water heater has a leak or fails, beware of the prompt service visit with a pre-printed bid in the truck. ...for $3,000 for a new water heater and $4,000+ if you want the 'really good' one read lessDebora C.
- Business Description:Restoration Painting & Home Improvement is an Alaskan family owned business. The owner (Steve Thomas) will fairly bid the work, and be on site to complete the work in a professional and timely manner.
- Business Description:We provide free energy consulting services that pertain to discounted natural gas and electricity supply services through local utility companies.
- Business Description:Eastside Carpet Company is a flooring/contracting company working out of Anchorage, Alaska. Depending on the scope of the project, we can act as either a general contractor or a subcontractor. We provide service for both residential and commercial customers. We also offer free estimates. Eastside Carpet is a small business, operating with fewer than 20 employees. Our top priority is customer service and satisfaction. We accept cash or credit. There is a 3% convenience fee if paying by credit .. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful energy audit company articles
What does SEER mean when purchasing an air conditioner unit? SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, and it determines how much you can save on energy. We’ve rounded up the top facts to help you figure out what SEER rating is right for you.
While going green for the sake of the environment is important, there's another compelling reason to change your habits: your wallet.
energy consultants in Big Lake
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Flawless Construction Inc.189 E Nelson Ave 214
- Flawless Construction Inc.
- Klebs Mechanical Inc1107 E 72nd Ave
- Klebs Mechanical Inc
- LONG Building Technologies5660 B Street
- LONG Building Technologies
- The Alaska Energy Prize11090 Hideaway Lake Drive
- The Alaska Energy Prize
- USA Alarm Service, Inc510 S Clearwater Loop 100
Post Falls, Idaho
- USA Alarm Service, Inc