When considering a home in a rural area, you may not have access to a municipal sewer system. Learn all about living with well water and a septic tank before taking the plunge.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in Saint Paul, MN
There are 3 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in Saint Paul
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaThey are quick to respond and on time if I have a problem. They call me when it's time to do maintenance and schedule a visit. It took about 20 minutes to a half hour to inspect. Left area clean. Tech was polite.
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaThey come and fix anything for free for their members. They're inexpensive. They send someone out right away. The worker they sent out was super nice, fast and polite. I was impressed with him.
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaEverything passed with flying colors. They basically went over all the systems in the house and did the test where they exit the air out of a house to see how quickly new air comes back in and that's when they said we had a really tight house. They went over everything to make sure that we were not wasting energy anywhere and stuff like that
- HomeSmart from Xcel Energy MinnesotaI am 85 years old and live alone. My furnace stopped working the evening of January 2, 2021. I called HomeSmart the next morning on January 3 to schedule an appointment and was told it would be approximately two hours for someone to return the call to schedule something (not sure why the woman taking the information could not just schedule an appointment?). After waiting the two hours, I called HomeSmart again and was told that someone did call back from HomeSmart and leave a message, neither of which actually happened (no call, no message; my Xfinity bill can prove it). Another several hours went by and finally I received a call. I told the man who called that I had been waiting for hours to address a non-functioning furnace and his response was that he “just got the information” and "it's not my fault". His tone was rude and belligerent. I told him that we had already contacted some other companies to address the issue but before I finished explaining, he hung up the phone on me. I wanted to ask him what my options were through HomeSmart, but since he had hung up I decided not to deal with him and try to find other options. I was already anxious enough about not having heat in January in Minnesota. While I diligently paid my $55.00 to HomeSmart each and every month, HomeSmart has not complied with its contractual obligations to me. This is disgraceful; why would I (or anyone) continue to pay for such terrible service
- CenterPoint Energy Home Service PlusGreat! The technician was very nice and knew what he was doing! We have everything in our home covered under Home Service Plus in an area of Blaine that is serviced by Excel Energy. Love that we could bring that portion with us! Very knowledgeable technicians!
- CenterPoint Energy Home Service PlusI had experienced this problem before and a technician was sent to my home last Spring. He did not properly fix the problem so the leak returned. This time, the technician immediately identified the problem and promptly installed the part necessary to repair the leak. He was extremely polite, knowledgeable, and shared what he was doing with us. The problem is now fixed
- CenterPoint Energy Home Service PlusThe window of time increased from 4-6 hours, and the tech subcontractor appeared a little sloppy. However he acted professionally and I'm glad my system is performing well. My summer AC maintenance visit includes cleaning of 2 bathroom vents and the dryer vent. I love that I don't have to do this myself! I pay $21/month on my gas bill to have this plan and am glad that my furnace/AC stay in great condition and don't have to worry about safety. Every plan I've ever had through HSP has more than paid for itself and I highly recommend them, esp if you have older appliances
- CenterPoint Energy Home Service PlusThey were very prompt and did a nice job. I pay a monthly bill to them for all of my appliances and stuff. They gave me a schedule for a week out with a six hour window. They did what they said they were going to do. They were very good.
- CenterPoint Energy Home Service PlusThey are a home warranty service and they send somebody out to do the work. We pay a monthly fee that is just added on to our bill. I think it is like $30 a month but then we don't have to pay anything when they come out. I've never really investigated anyone else. They are convenient and it works out. We've never really had any trouble with them
- CenterPoint Energy Home Service PlusThe guys were very good, but they were expensive. I pay them a monthly charge.They were here for my washer and dryer as well. I thought I would have to replace them, but it didn't cost me anything. I have been using them for 14 years.
Home Warranty Companies in Saint Paul
- Business Description:For more than 80 years, CenterPoint Energy Home Service Plus (HSP) has been providing Minnesotans with the peace of mind knowing their home appliance and repair and maintenance needs are in trusted hands. Generations of Minnesota homeowners have also turned to CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus to purchase replacement heating and cooling equipment, and have trusted us to deliver fast water heater replacement. We feature top quality brands with the strongest warranties available, and offer..Recent Review:Centerpoint Energy's Home Service Plus service used to be decent, but not anymore. Five times over the past two years HSP has been needed weeks to get out to repair AC or furnace issues. They have multiple times rescheduled or simply cancelled appointments at the last minute without any reasonable explanation. And they have begun to have SIX HOUR service windows that require us to be available all day. What is the point of paying a monthly service amount if the service is unavailable or so far out into the future we will freeze to death by the time they get their crap together to come out. DO NOT BOTHER PAYING FOR HOME SERVICE PLUS. It is a SCAMChristopher S.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommendedWalter L.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur..Recent Review:The contractor never acknowledged the request. I never heard from them at all.Jay W.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, jbrauser@arwplan..Recent Review:was great experience. on time and saved me lot of money. Company they used was great.Josh B.
- Business Description:No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Service charges may apply. Additional fax - (651) 203-0381. Additional contact name - Bryan Delmont. Additional phone numbers - (651) 769-1490, (651) 730-4845, (952) 445-9379, (763) 420-7541, and (612) 332-6633. Additional email email@example.com. See bbb for additional phonesRecent Review:Was charged a ridiculous amount of money to unclog my sink, which they said wasn't covered on my warranty plan. The fix didn't work and the next person I had fixed it just fine and for a quarter the price. I really felt cheated. Now I've been trying to cancel my monthly plan and haven't gotten calls back for several monthsJoe H.
- Business Description:Why pay fees? Warners' Stellian offers free metro delivery, free professional installation on freestanding appliances and free appliance recycling on orders $499 and up.Recent Review:So my 10month old washing machine decided one day not to turn on. That was August 22nd. It is now October 9th and I am STILL without a washing machine. I can’t begin to tell you how many times I have spoken with Warner Stellian, with whirlpool, with supervisors and managers and repair people, a lot of time it was me leaving messages and not receiving return calls. It’s maddening. The first time the repair man came out ( 2 weeks after the initial call) he determined the problem to be the mother board. He began to replace it and found out the new part was defective. He ordered a new part express, I thought it would maybe be a week tops. Nope....after hearing absolutely nothing from anyone I finally called (probably the 100th time) and finally spoke to someone who said the part was on back order and there was no way of knowing when they would get one ..queue week 5. . So, I called whirlpool and that was almost as much of a fiasco but they were able to locate a part and had it shipped directly to me. But wait! It’s going to be another 2 weeks before Warner stellian can get here to replace it. So I waited....and the repairman came to replace to part. Guess what? It’s not even the issue! It’s a completely different part. So he ordered a new part and now we wait....queue week 8 and I’m still sitting with no washing machine and I was told that when the part does come they can’t guarantee anyone will be able to come out for a couple more weeks because they are so busy with repairs. Not once has anyone tried to call to give updates or anything. It’s probably the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. I’m a very patient person but I’m pretty much over that now too. I’ve spent hundreds of dollars at a laundromat washing clothes over the last 2 months. I can’t even tell you! 2 of us in the house work in healthcare so we can’t very well have dirty scrubs laying around for weeks on end. At the end of the day, I understand that things happen and things break (even on a 10 month old machine) but for the love of baby Jesus, talk to your customers, communicate things. Try to make it rightSheri N.
- Business Description:Don’t wait for an appliance to break down in your home. Enroll in a customized appliance repair plan, serviced by our trusted service experts, and enjoy peace of mind knowing that your home comfort is in good hands. Select the Essential Repair Plan ($18.95/month) to cover your choice of four appliances or select the Premium Repair Plan ($45.95/month) that includes your choice of eight appliances and Replacement Assistance coverage. You can add these additional services to your Essential Repai..Recent Review:I am 85 years old and live alone. My furnace stopped working the evening of January 2, 2021. I called HomeSmart the next morning on January 3 to schedule an appointment and was told it would be approximately two hours for someone to return the call to schedule something (not sure why the woman taking the information could not just schedule an appointment?). After waiting the two hours, I called HomeSmart again and was told that someone did call back from HomeSmart and leave a message, neither of which actually happened (no call, no message; my Xfinity bill can prove it). Another several hours went by and finally I received a call. I told the man who called that I had been waiting for hours to address a non-functioning furnace and his response was that he “just got the information” and "it's not my fault". His tone was rude and belligerent. I told him that we had already contacted some other companies to address the issue but before I finished explaining, he hung up the phone on me. I wanted to ask him what my options were through HomeSmart, but since he had hung up I decided not to deal with him and try to find other options. I was already anxious enough about not having heat in January in Minnesota. While I diligently paid my $55.00 to HomeSmart each and every month, HomeSmart has not complied with its contractual obligations to me. This is disgraceful; why would I (or anyone) continue to pay for such terrible serviceMICHELLE H.
- Business Description:Home Warranty prides itself on providing the best value in the home warranty industry, making our Home Protection Plan the home warranty of choice wherever we do business.Recent Review:HVAC professional told this Home Warranty Inc that I had a leak in my A/C coil and would leak again if filled. Home Warranty Inc said that I had to pay for it to be refilled at a cost around $500 at my expense to see if it leaks???? I paid my premiums for over 2 yrs and the 1st time I call them to put in a claim they told me I would have to pay out of my own pocket before they would fix the A/C despite the the HVAC told them it wouldn't fix the problem and the RF 22 old refrigerant would leak into the air which they seemed not to care it is environmentally bad & illegal. Read their fine print in detail the list what they won't cover and what I was told is they repair things not replace them. Plus they have a cap on how much they really will spend to fix A/C units. ($2,500) Which means anything they to repair on your A/C deducts from that cap per year. But their advertising sure makes it look like they would fix A/C issues and happily take your money! FL F.
- Business Description:At BPG, we believe home inspections shouldn't end at the driveway. Our inspectors and engineers undergo thorough background checks and must meet ongoing training and performance standards -- they are a selective group of professionals.With so many inspection companies to choose from, how do you select one that fits your needs? We've earned a solid reputation for standing behind our work and providing distinct value advantages that help protect our clientsRecent Review:I will start by saying we don't have any rating which is less than one star as they are not even eligible for one start rating. Attn : Who ever wants to get the inspection done from BPG don't fall for the 90 day warranty. They never stand by there words, i have done my inspection recently the report says its tested for dryer hookup when i moved in and did my first laundry boom there was a issue with dryer chord or panel and did not work. When contacted them they say all story but never address the issue or don't stand by their work. All you get hear is : I'm sorry, but we will not be able to offer assistance with the cost of this repair. what's the fun of 90 days warranty,,,,,,,,,,Request everyone to do the research before selecting BPG inspection. This incident happened in MinnesotaVinayak M.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Find home warranty companies in
- West Saint Paul
- South Saint Paul
- Mendota Heights
- Inver Grove Heights
- Little Canada
- North Saint Paul
- Saint Paul Park
- Falcon Heights
- Lake Elmo
- Cottage Grove
- Vadnais Heights
- North Oaks
home warranty companies in Saint Paul
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- EDINA REALTY735 Cleveland Ave S
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- EDINA REALTY
- Five Star Tech Services2073 Eldridge Avenue East A
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Five Star Tech Services
- Great Northern Resources3230 Gorham Ave
- Great Northern Resources
- Nicklay Agency- Farmers Insurance6385 Old Shady Oak Road Ste 250
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Nicklay Agency- Farmers Insurance
- Precision tile&granite LLC1055 Goebel st
- Precision tile&granite LLC