If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in San Jose, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in San Jose
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyThey are a home warranty for whatever breaks around the house. We used them once for the range and twice for the refrigerator. I enjoy they are very good. They don't typically complain or try to get out of things which is what I expect from my warranty. So far when I've used them they haven't tried to shook saying it's not our problem
- DSIThey were prompt; they came when they said they would. They did what they said they would do. They cleaned up after themselves.
- HISCO HOME WARRANTYI'm not one to write many reviews. But when I saw Hisco Home Warranty have a D report I thought I should straighten some of the bias against them because I've been nothing but satisfied with their service. My wife and I recently purchased a home in Foster City. We are first time home buyers so our real estate agent suggested that we buy a home warranty. Generally speaking I'm against purchasing warranties - my life experience has showed that it's generally a toss - meaning most of the time the warranty expires and I don't use it. We purchased the Hisco Home Warranty and boy - are we glad that we did so! Our home was build in the 70s and some appliances were definitely on the older side. Our three issues are detailed above and I'll relay the outcome of each of the three service calls. First I will say Hisco is ALWAYS very nice on the phone and fax the contractors immediately: 1) Hisco sent out a contractor to look at our oven because the upper oven was not heating up correctly. It's an older Magic Chef built in two oven contraption that no longer has spare parts on the market. As a result Hisco was not able to fix it, so they cut us a check on a fair market value for a replacement. That came out to $1400.00 - the check took two weeks to arrive, and we're satisfied with the outcome here 2) As we approached mid-winter in 2010 I started to prep for my gardening season. After turning on our background hose bib to another outlet, I had a horrible realization that the underground pipe was leaking. I called Hisco to see if they would cover it; they thought they might so they sent out a contractor. Here's what happened: - Contractor came out - Contractor saw the problem, shook his head said "not covered" and took my $50 service fee and left - I called Hisco back and asked for a detailed explanation. The person taking my call wasn't able to do that, but I got a call back within 5 minutes from Hisco. The person patiently explained that as the pipe was underground, it did not fall under "accessible outdoor plumbing". When he heard that despite no service being provided by the contractor the contractor had collected $50 service fee - he promptly refunded the $50 service call. (Now, that's what I like. Mistakes happen with these things, the ultimate judge for me of a warranty or service company is how they fix them. ) 3) Contractor had to reschedule (no fault of Hisco) and did a quick repair on our air duct. I would recommend Hisco - I think they are upstanding, and stand up to their home warranty. Did they fix all the problems I had? No, but did they stand up to their warranty? YES! Hisco - Kudos
- Complete Appliance Protection IncComplete Appliance Protection is pretty good. They apply warranties for household appliances, that could also extend to plumbing and things like that. I pay a premium of $50 a month for that. They are very professional.
- FIDELITY MORTGAGEThey are pretty good. We cannot choose the contractor that comes out and I think that is the only thing. But so far the contractor that came out was pretty reliable. They came on time.
- Complete Appliance Protection IncIt's a good company. I like them very much. The interaction went great. I actually had a problem. They went out and fixed it with no charge. They are very cordial and very responsive.
- Homeguard IncIt was basically a home inspection which had to be done before you buy a house and they missed that little thing. One of the parts in garage was cracked, they missed it and I missed it until I walked in and saw it. They came and actually refixed the beam and that’s what they did last time.
- Plumbing Pros IncGary from Plumbing Pros was absolutely great. I came home one night after work and went down into my basement and noticed a leak in master valve from the water line. After having the city shut off the water I started calling around to find service and cost. Since it was after hours on a weekend most places were closed. Others companies with emergency lines would not even listen to my description of the problem, they simply said they can have somebody come out for a fee. When I called plumbing pros I was able to actually talk to someone who knew what they were doing. I was able to get a ballpark for what the issue would run and also a time. Sure enough gary was able to come out at That time and took care of the issue. I will definetly use them again
- FIRST AMERICAN WARRANTYVery responsive to a plumbing service request I phoned in. Over the weekend. They don't cover that service. So service level seemed good but coverage itself wasn't great.
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyI could reach them pretty much any time to report a problem so I like that about the company that I can call any time if there’s an issue.
Last update on December 21, 2016
Home Warranty Companies in San Jose
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
Asking yourself how much homeowners insurance you need can be daunting. Learn about coverages, options, and where to get answers to the question.
Natural disasters can heavily damage your home or personal property. It’s important to know what type of homeowners insurance coverage you need.
Find home warranty companies in
- Santa Clara,
- Los Gatos,
- Monte Sereno,
- Mountain View,
- Los Altos Hills,
- Los Altos,
- East Palo Alto,
- Palo Alto,
- Boulder Creek,
- Portola Valley,
- La Honda,
- Ben Lomond,
- Menlo Park,
home warranty companies in San Jose
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- On Time Construction207 N 5th St
San Jose, California 95112
- On Time Construction
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
- American Residential Warranty
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California 94596
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- Quality First Home Improvement, Inc.485 Salmar Ave
Campbell, California 95008
- Quality First Home Improvement, Inc.
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri 64114
- Rescue Link