If you’re looking to add a level of protection to your home’s appliances and systems (like plumbing), you may be considering purchasing a home warranty. Keep reading to learn about the various pros and cons associated with common home warranty plans.
Get matched with top home warranty companies in San Jose, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local home warranty companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Warranty Reviews in San Jose
- DSIThey were prompt; they came when they said they would. They did what they said they would do. They cleaned up after themselves.
- Homeguard IncIt was basically a home inspection which had to be done before you buy a house and they missed that little thing. One of the parts in garage was cracked, they missed it and I missed it until I walked in and saw it. They came and actually refixed the beam and that’s what they did last time.
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyThey are a home warranty for whatever breaks around the house. We used them once for the range and twice for the refrigerator. I enjoy they are very good. They don't typically complain or try to get out of things which is what I expect from my warranty. So far when I've used them they haven't tried to shook saying it's not our problem
- Plumbing Pros IncGary from Plumbing Pros was absolutely great. I came home one night after work and went down into my basement and noticed a leak in master valve from the water line. After having the city shut off the water I started calling around to find service and cost. Since it was after hours on a weekend most places were closed. Others companies with emergency lines would not even listen to my description of the problem, they simply said they can have somebody come out for a fee. When I called plumbing pros I was able to actually talk to someone who knew what they were doing. I was able to get a ballpark for what the issue would run and also a time. Sure enough gary was able to come out at That time and took care of the issue. I will definetly use them again
- Complete Appliance Protection IncComplete Appliance Protection is pretty good. They apply warranties for household appliances, that could also extend to plumbing and things like that. I pay a premium of $50 a month for that. They are very professional.
- FIDELITY MORTGAGEThey are pretty good. We cannot choose the contractor that comes out and I think that is the only thing. But so far the contractor that came out was pretty reliable. They came on time.
- Complete Appliance Protection IncIt's a good company. I like them very much. The interaction went great. I actually had a problem. They went out and fixed it with no charge. They are very cordial and very responsive.
- HISCO HOME WARRANTYI'm not one to write many reviews. But when I saw Hisco Home Warranty have a D report I thought I should straighten some of the bias against them because I've been nothing but satisfied with their service. My wife and I recently purchased a home in Foster City. We are first time home buyers so our real estate agent suggested that we buy a home warranty. Generally speaking I'm against purchasing warranties - my life experience has showed that it's generally a toss - meaning most of the time the warranty expires and I don't use it. We purchased the Hisco Home Warranty and boy - are we glad that we did so! Our home was build in the 70s and some appliances were definitely on the older side. Our three issues are detailed above and I'll relay the outcome of each of the three service calls. First I will say Hisco is ALWAYS very nice on the phone and fax the contractors immediately: 1) Hisco sent out a contractor to look at our oven because the upper oven was not heating up correctly. It's an older Magic Chef built in two oven contraption that no longer has spare parts on the market. As a result Hisco was not able to fix it, so they cut us a check on a fair market value for a replacement. That came out to $1400.00 - the check took two weeks to arrive, and we're satisfied with the outcome here 2) As we approached mid-winter in 2010 I started to prep for my gardening season. After turning on our background hose bib to another outlet, I had a horrible realization that the underground pipe was leaking. I called Hisco to see if they would cover it; they thought they might so they sent out a contractor. Here's what happened: - Contractor came out - Contractor saw the problem, shook his head said "not covered" and took my $50 service fee and left - I called Hisco back and asked for a detailed explanation. The person taking my call wasn't able to do that, but I got a call back within 5 minutes from Hisco. The person patiently explained that as the pipe was underground, it did not fall under "accessible outdoor plumbing". When he heard that despite no service being provided by the contractor the contractor had collected $50 service fee - he promptly refunded the $50 service call. (Now, that's what I like. Mistakes happen with these things, the ultimate judge for me of a warranty or service company is how they fix them. ) 3) Contractor had to reschedule (no fault of Hisco) and did a quick repair on our air duct. I would recommend Hisco - I think they are upstanding, and stand up to their home warranty. Did they fix all the problems I had? No, but did they stand up to their warranty? YES! Hisco - Kudos
- FIRST AMERICAN WARRANTYVery responsive to a plumbing service request I phoned in. Over the weekend. They don't cover that service. So service level seemed good but coverage itself wasn't great.
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyI could reach them pretty much any time to report a problem so I like that about the company that I can call any time if there’s an issue.
Home Warranty Companies in San Jose
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:It could not have gone any easier. They were kind, they were efficient, they were prompt. They walked us through the whole process. They made it as uncomplicated as possible and payment was received in a most timely manner. We are quite pleased and would recommend them to others, as we haveRoseanne I.
- Business Description:Sunrun is leading the charge to create a planet run by the sun. We are building a more sustainable world, by making solar simple for over 200,000 customer's in 23 different states!Recent Review:<p>I did not find them on Angie's List. They did a good job. They are not local; they are out of San Francisco California, but they had people walking through the street. There was no charge to me directly. I guess it is like any other program. There is a monthly lease charge and no out of pocket expense. They did a lot of panels, too. One issue I had was waiting for the town to come in an approve the work that was done. I can't say anything was wrong with the quality. When they said they were coming they came. When they didn't respond I could tell you no to punctuality. I would recommend. </pAlan K.
- Business Description:American Residential Warranty (ARW) is nationally recognized as a leading innovator in the Home Protection services industry, and our focus on outstanding service and customer satisfaction is a core part of our success. With years of Home warranty experience and top tier partners we are able provide top quality service to homeowners throughout the country. Additional DBA - American Protection Plans LLC. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, jbrauser@arwplan..Recent Review:They do not replace for like kind. They put the cheapest brand name in regardless of the brand or model number being replaced. This was not explained to me at the time of purchase. When I called and inquired they just said Sorry there is nothing we can do. They charge you 49.99 per month plus a service fee of 55.00 at the time of service. This was not told to me at the time of purchase. Although I had a disagreement with the Company most Home warranty Companies don't even cover the garbage disposal. So all in all I guess this company isn't as bad as I thought. My cost is in line with the other Companies. The biggest issue for these home warranty Companies is hiring a quality Company to do the work to be ContractedGregory E. O.
- Business Description:Surface Link specializes in repairing, restoring and modifying countertops and upgrading or replacing sinks, in commercial and residential settings, all over the United States and Canada. Replacing a countertop can be costly and timely — Surface Link offers a low cost alternative to restore your countertop to like-new condition in less than a day. Why choose Surface Link over another company? At Surface Link, we focus exclusively on repairing countertops (Corian, Granite, Quartz and Solid Sur..Recent Review:My major complaint was how long it took, but in their defense, there seems to be a shortage of qualified technicians. I would have given them an A for the repair work which was fine except for one small slip up which he corrected. The price seemed steep for the time involved, but cheaper than new countertops. All in all, I would hire them agaisuzanne p.
- Business Description:Better Business Bureau and Diamond Certified! Quality First Home Improvement, Inc. is a licensed contractor that sells and installs exterior and interior energy-efficient products for the home. We use experienced installation technicians that are specialized in their field of expertise so you can be assured that your job is done right the first time. Quality First has top-of-the-line products with the best warranties in the industry. With little exception, our products are Made in U.S.A., and..Recent Review:sales portion was just OK. Negotiated a bit. Crew came out more or less on time. Actual work performed was satisfactory. Our big complaint was they never came back to seal the concrete. <br /> of course, we got one call per month asking about more work. Every time, we would tell the sales guy hey, you aren't even done with the job yet! If you get someone to call me back about finishing, we might consider more work. no call. <br /> I ended up sealing the concrete myself. Seemed easier than getting them to come out. <br /> This is a job-shoppy place, sure they do a lot of stuff, but I got the feeling they were just farming out the work to whoever. <br /> Sales is super pesky...the phone calls never ceased, even when we said look, stop calling us, we aren't doing more work with you b/c of the lack of finishing the prev. job. <br /> So in summary....concrete work was satisfactory, work crew OK. Sales super smarmy. So not an awful experience, but also we probably wouldn't have them perform additional work since there's bound to be some other firm out there that will do the same work for same $ without hounding us for months and months about more work. <br /Jeff R.
- Business Description:At BPG, we believe home inspections shouldn't end at the driveway. Our inspectors and engineers undergo thorough background checks and must meet ongoing training and performance standards -- they are a selective group of professionals.With so many inspection companies to choose from, how do you select one that fits your needs? We've earned a solid reputation for standing behind our work and providing distinct value advantages that help protect our clientsRecent Review:Adam Frers of Buyers Protection Group did an excellent job with an inspection of a (very old) house that I am under contract to purchase. He worked extremely efficiently to complete a very thorough inspection. At the end of the process, he showed me pictures he had taken of all of the defects and explained to me in-person the items of concern. I've seen the reports produced by other home inspection companies, and they pale in comparison to the level of detail that was found in the report that Adam produced. He sent over a completed report later in the afternoon on the same day he inspected the house. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. <br /Eric S.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:Keith at High Tech Home warranties coordinated a repair where a service professional evaluated and fixed an AC unit with a matter of hours. Hugely important in Florida. All the more impressive considering that AC guys must be in high demand with the heat. I was very impressed overall. <br /Amod S.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Fidelity Home Warranty, Alliance Home Warranty Co, FNHW, Chicago Home Warranty.Recent Review:They are a home warranty for whatever breaks around the house. We used them once for the range and twice for the refrigerator. I enjoy they are very good. They don't typically complain or try to get out of things which is what I expect from my warranty. So far when I've used them they haven't tried to shook saying it's not our problemMichael S.
- Business Description:Remodeling your house is an excellent way to add comfort and increase its value. After making the decision to remodel your home, your next task will be to choose the best, most reliable renovation contractor to handle the remodeling project. That’s where we come in; Crest Construction & Remodeling has a proven track record of excellence. Crest Construction & Remodeling is a full service home remodeling company that has worked on a wide range of projects. We have been servicing homeowners in ..Recent Review:II think we were over charged for the amount of work that they did, Overall the job came out beautiful! But they had to come back 3 times for misc. things to fix . The kitchen sink leaked after installation also my granite counter top edges were dull and not a shiny as they should had been. So that had to come out and rebuff and seal the counter tops . <br /Edna K.
- Business Description:Specialties: Our mission is providing Insurance products that protect individuals, families, and businesses from the unexpected events of life -- developing personal and business risk management plans to protect their assests and income. One thing I've learned over the years, is that every client is different - and it takes that conversationw ith our clients to able to make sure we're helping them make the best decisions for them in their current situation. I view my role for my clients as a..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home warranty company articles
When considering a home in a rural area, you may not have access to a municipal sewer system. Learn all about living with well water and a septic tank before taking the plunge.
How long does a contractor have to warranty their work? Warranty lengths may vary by contractor and by state. We’ll cover how long work warranties typically last and what to look for in a warranty before you start your next home project.
Find home warranty companies in
home warranty companies in San Jose
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- American Residential Warranty901 NW 51st St Ste 100
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
- American Residential Warranty
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)4300 Alexander Drive Ste 200
Alpharetta, Georgia 30022
- Buyers Protection Group (BPG)
- Fidelity National Home WarrantyPO Box 8127
Walnut Creek, California 94596
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- On Time Construction207 N 5th St
San Jose, California 95112
- On Time Construction
- Quality First Home Improvement, Inc.485 Salmar Ave
Campbell, California 95008
- Quality First Home Improvement, Inc.
- Rescue Link8880 Ward Pkwy
Kansas City, Missouri 64114
- Rescue Link