If you want to learn how to tint your home windows, you’re in the right place. Read this guide for everything you need to know about installing window film.
Get matched with top window tinting experts in Richmond, VA
There are 1 highly-rated local window tinting experts.
Matching on Angi
Recent Window Tinting Reviews in Richmond
- SUN BLOCK INCWe had Sun Block install window tinting on several windows in our home in 2012 including our sliding glass doors. Recently we had an issue cleaning the sliding glass doors and scratched the film. Called Sun Block back to replace it and found out it was under different ownership in 2012 and the tech who installed the film in 2012 on the doors likely installed it backwards at the time - hence the reason we were able to scratch it relatively easily. (The other windows were done by different techs in 2012 and were installed correctly) The guys that came out this time were absolutely top notch, the doors look great and the owner Steve was very responsive and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending or using them again
- SolarfilmSales person Alice, who is also a hortoculturalist and got along famously with my landscaper wife, came out a few months ago to meet with us and give us her pitch. I'd already researched window tinting and decided if I was going to have the windows in my home tinted I wanted a 3M product. They invented window tinting and offer a guarantee good for as long as I own my home. After the initial sticker shock we knew the Prestige line was the way to go and pulled the trigger for June 13th. 2 installers came out about 8:30 as expected with everything they needed to do the job. I was off that day so I hung out with them 'till they finished. They set up and started to work quickly. They were knowledgeable, efficient and quiet. 2 of the windows they did were up in my great room starting 12' up and going 5' up from there. They brought in their A frame ladder and laid down a drop cloth before putting up the ladder. They cleaned the windows flawlessly and trimmed excess sealant from the edges. Took 4 hrs to get all 28 surfaces covered. I had a check ready for them but when they were done the didn't want a dime. I could pay them now if I wanted or I could send in a check later. Or I could call the office and pay by credit card. I called the office the next day and talked to the lovely and gracious Harriet who took my CC info, told me she would register me w/3M and sent me a paid in full receipt. This so amazing to me - I can't tell the film is on the window. As they finished a window I'd inspect it and I literally could not see any gaps anywhere in any of the windows. I turned off the AC to see how long it would take the sun to heat up the house. Latter that day as the afternoon sun burned through my kitchen windows I stood directly in it and was AMAZED that there was almost no difference between in or out of the sun as far as the heat goes. The interior temp barely budged after 4 hours. Until now I wouldn't be able to stand in that spot and the home was built in '07 w/all E glass ! I can't wait until the dog days of August. I can't say enough about the company and the product. In this case I absolutely got what I paid for
- SolarfilmGREAT! Upon placing an inquiry, I was told the sales rep would call me back that afternoon. She did, and we set up an appointment for the following day. She arrived promptly at the scheduled time, showed us different options for the film, made recommendations, provided a quotation, and left samples so that we could get an idea of how the film might look & work. We left a voice message indicating our intent to accept the quote at lunchtime the following day. The company president returned the call, and got the job scheduled for the following week -- July 1 at 8:30 AM. The installation team arrived promptly at 8:30 on that rainy morning. After introducing themselves, the first thing they did upon entering our home was to wipe their wet shoes off with the towel they each brought with them. They repeated this act every time they re-entered the house from outside -- very impressive display of concern for our property. The installation proceeded smoothly -- amazing teamwork between the installer and the assistant. They carefully moved all furniture that needed to be moved, and were especially careful when moving the 10-foot high A-frame ladder from skylight to skylight. The whole job took approximately 3 hours, including their set-up, placing protective coverings at each location, film installation, returning all furniture to its original place, removing all their equipment from our house, and a final "walk-through" with us to make sure we were satisfied. We are very satisfied with their service and product -- there is a noticeable reduction in the sun glare in the afternoons. Objective Achieved -- plus it seems to be not quite as hot as it was in the rooms before the solar film was installed. I wish I could give them an A+ -- the entire experience was that good
- SUN BLOCK INCIn a house this size, the energy bill is always a problem and window tinting seemed a logical way to bring the bills down. We actually found Sun Block in the phone book and took a chance. They did an excellent job for us and it only took them a single day. The supervisor had his people working almost the whole time and they were all very well mannered. The tinting isn't to dark to see out, and has reduced our energy bills substantially
- SUN BLOCK INCEstimate process and actual installation went fine. Estimator was "no show" the first time, but it was a scheduling mix-up at the office, and they were very apologetic. On time the next time. Installers were on time, neat and tidy while they worked. Office answered additional questions that I had after receiving the estimate, promptly sent tax rebate information after the job was done. Everything went smoothly and film looks great. Total job involved 15 windows and one large storm door. I got 4 estimates for this job. Sun Block was neither the least nor most expensive; somewhere in the middle
- The Tint DoctorJacob did a fantastic job. I dropped it off before work and picked it up after work. He did a marvelous job. He was the cheapest around but most importantly was also the best and the most professional.
- WOODEN LEG VAN SHOPThey're just fast and have good quality. They did a really good smooth job that looked like a factory installation so I'm happy with that.
- Energy Max SolutionsWe were satisfied with what Energy Max Solutions did. I came in on the tail end of it but I can tell you when my wife's happy, it usually means they did a good job. They were prompt, answered emails, answered phone calls and did what we asked them to do. We had a couple of extra doors to make sure that they're sealed and one of the guys got up on his ladder and helped clean up the gutter before he left because I had a clog and I didn't have a tall enough ladder at that time. They went above and beyond. They seemed really nice and competent. They had good customer service so we were really pleased with them. I remember it being a reasonable turnaround. We've seen some return on the investment in terms of minimizing the heat. I don't have anything to compare their pricing to, it seemed reasonable for what they did based upon my limited knowledge of competitor's pricing and just knowing the materials they sued and the amount of labor. They were here when they were supposed to be
- Energy Max SolutionsTeam was knowledgable and provided options for window solutions. Work was done quickly and installers were very professional. Great experience.
- SolarfilmIt went very well. Kate, Mike, & Nick (also Harriett, on the phone) were personable & professional. We are very pleased.
Last update on May 3, 2016
Window Tinting Services in Richmond
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window tinting service articles
How can you keep the look of your old windows while improving their energy efficiency? Window inserts are an innovative alternative. Learn about them.
Wondering how to choose window treatments for your curved windows or other irregularly-shaped windows? Try some of these custom window treatment ideas.
Find window tinting experts in
- Bon Air,
- Highland Springs,
- Glen Allen,
- Manakin Sabot,
- Colonial Heights,
- Fort Lee,
window tinting experts in Richmond
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Colonial Door & Glass12701 Oak Lake Ct
Midlothian, Virginia 23112
- Colonial Door & Glass
- Decorative Glass Solutions10049 Lickinghole Rd Ste G
Ashland, Virginia 23005
- Decorative Glass Solutions
- Energy Max SolutionsPO Box 2118
Ashland, Virginia 23005
- Energy Max Solutions
- INTERIOR GUARDS WINDOW TINTING638 LOFSTRAND LN STE C
Rockville, Maryland 20850
- INTERIOR GUARDS WINDOW TINTING
- Winston's Solar Shades LLC
Chester, Virginia 23831
- Winston's Solar Shades LLC