Use this cost guide to learn what you can expect to pay for a phone jack installation. The cost depends on labor rates, the intricacy of the wiring, and wall access.
Get matched with top phone companies in Raleigh, NC
There are 4 highly-rated local phone companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Phone Company Reviews in Raleigh
- VonageWe haven't had any problem with them. It's fine. If our internet goes down, the landline goes down. We are currently thinking about just letting the landline go. They've done a good job.
- TODD CLARK ELECTRICAL SERVICESl had a circuit that wasn't working. I had tried replacing the circuit breaker myself, but it still didn't work. Todd was behind schedule, but he called me to let me know he was delayed due to a job taking longer than expected. Delays happen, but it is not often that a servicer will call to keep you informed. He arrived, I explained the issue, and he got to work troublshooting. In electrial repair, it is all about your troubleshooting methods. I had showed him the plugs on the circuit. He determined that those plugs were fine. Then, he surprised me. He found that there was another connection upstream from all of those plugs -- a light in the attic. And, yes, it had shorted. Good work. Problem solved. So, I tossed in a problem with a phone outlet I couldn't figure out. I had replaced the receptacle and wired it exactly like the others, but it didn't work. He quickly determined that it was wired in a weird way -- unlike the others. Another pleasant surprise
- DISH NETWORKThey did what they said they would do and they met all of my expectations. They were very knowledgeable and experienced installers. We really like them.
- TODD CLARK ELECTRICAL SERVICESMr. Clark is professional, friendly, polite, hard-working, thorough, and punctual. His work is excellent and his prices are reasonable.
- PENNY TALKWhen I first started up they were very flexible with helping. I paid an initial charge of $50 and when it gets down low on minutes they let you know. If you ever run out of minutes they will still allow you to make a call and then connect you with a representative afterwards. The cost is only .49 cents to connect and then .01 cent after that per minute. I've used them for 3 years and have yet to spend over $100 with them! I've recommended them to all my friends and family
- BELLSOUTHThe DSL Lite is fast enough for me and for most people. I have only rarely had any drop in service. The cost is reasonable compared to some of the other options for DSL or broadband internet service. I did package my service with other BellSouth services, and this may have resulted in a slight decrease in the monthly bill. Setting up the DSL was a little confusing, but their phone-based customer service support were extremely helpful, clear and solved the problem, even at 10pm in the evening. This is a reasonable DSL/broadband option
- Phone PowerWe pay them every month; the service includes international calls as well but we do not make any international calls.
- Windstream CommunicationsOccasionally the internet connection seems to go down even though the modem always indicates that everything is alright. If I reset the modem it usually works again. This does not happen very often.
- Windstream CommunicationsI don't particularly care for them. They are pricey. The service goes down a lot of times and you may not get it back for a day or two. It is one of those companies that you have to watch because they will add in some charges here and there as well as hidden fees. I did call them about my internet a couple of times and they kept telling me to hit the reset button and unplug everything but it still was not working. I pay $60 just for a basic phone line and internet, no caller id, call back or any of that fancy stuff, so I thought that is a little pricey. One other thing I don't appreciate is that I changed my name, I dropped my married name and went back to maiden name but they will not put it on my account. They were telling me I would need to go to their office and show them an id but it was a piece of cake doing that on my driver's license and everywhere else. I even had to tell them one day to cancel my services if they can't correct my name. I wouldn't use them again if I had another option
Last update on June 2, 2017
Landline Phone Service in Raleigh
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful phone company articles
Most phone repairs come from water damage from slipping out of a pocket into the toilet or a pool. To save your phone, pluck it out quickly and don’t turn it on. Get more tips for increasing the chances of your phone surviving its dip.
Do you still need a landline? There are certain instances where you may still reap the benefits of having a landline, but alternatives are usually cheaper.
Find phone companies in
- Wake Forest,
- Archer Lodge,
- Fuquay Varina,
- Holly Springs,
- Willow Spring,
- New Hill,
- Wilsons Mills,
- Chapel Hill,
phone companies in Raleigh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- C S I RALEIGH INC101 JUSTIN CT
Clayton, North Carolina 27520
- C S I RALEIGH INC
- Direct Digital Solutions3116 Delchester Ct
Durham, North Carolina 27713
- Direct Digital Solutions
- Ooma Inc525 Almanor Ave
Sunnyvale, California 94085
- Ooma Inc
- Vetstelecom255 Bailey Plantation Dr
Richmond Hill, Georgia 31324