When it comes to lead paint abatement, you’ve got a lot of options. Here’s how much it costs to remove lead paint and the cost factors to consider.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Pittsburgh, PA
There are 6 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Pittsburgh
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsI called Ed up based on the glowing reviews here and asked him if he could come out and test some suspect paint in our house for lead. He said he could do it but that honestly we shouldn't bother -- he said "I like revenue and everything, but I don't want to waste your time. Here's what you should do..." and gave simple instructions. He didn't know me, I've never met the guy, but he took time for free to help me out. I will certainly use him when it comes time to get my next home purchase inspected
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsWorking with Ed was a great experience. He gave us ideas for future improvement, suggestions for upkeep of the property, and answered all of our questions. His knowledge is second to none, and was very professional. He was there on time and took us through every step of the inspection. He performed mold tests in the attic and crawl space, radon testing, and termite testing as well. The finshed report was excellent, it was great to have a written reference of all the topics discussed throughout the inspection. Although we did not purchase the property he inspected, we feel confident we made the right decision because of his excellent attention to detail. We are very satisifed and plan to use him in the future
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsExcellent overall experience and findings. For us first-time home buyers (soon-to-be-owners), Ed couldn't have been better. He took us along as he inspected every inch of the house, all-the-while explaining what he was doing, what he finding, and - most-importantly - offering advice on how to proceed with those findings. He was very patient with us and our several questions - We could tell his consistent assertion that "the inspection is all about you and your family's safety" was not blown smoke. Thanks to Ed's services, we were able to make a confident, informed decision on the house and plan for its future care. Can't wait to move in
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsThey were very professional, very good. Their availability stood out to me. Ed, the owner and inspector, came out on a Sunday in a snow storm. He was very professional, patient, explained everything he was doing and he had the latest technology. He was very good and as far as pricing I would say he was in par with everyone else
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home Inspectionsplease read the attached file for helpful information regarding unscrupulous mold testors http://www.today.com/id/47280738/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-are-mold-contractors-charging-unneeded-work/#.Uo-SUUco5LM
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsEd inspected a large 20+ acre Gentleman's Farm with multiple outbuildings for me. Setting up the inspection was quick and easy. We agreed to meet at 10:00am and Ed pre-warned me to be prepared to spend a lot of time on this very large project. When I arrived at 9:30, Ed was already there and had started the process. I found Ed to be very thorough and detail oriented. We did not finish until approximately 7:00pm, but I walked away extremely satisfied and I feel I know as much as humanly possible about the property
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsEd Lampl & HomePlusIsUs.com was by FAR the most professional and informative company we have had the pleasure to work with. After dealing with several companies such as Bactronix, Mold Men of Pittsburgh, and Metro Mold Removal Pittsburgh, Mr Lampl was the true pro, making everyone else appear as con men and/or rank amateurs. I will quickly summarize our experience with the other companies as to provide insight as to why we rate HomePlusIsUs.com & Ed Lampl so high. Bactronix talked a good game on the phone but never showed up even after several calls to their office and to their field representative. Metro Mold Removal Pittsburgh - We could not reach a live person but instead had to leave a phone message. (not reassuring or professional). Dont be fooled by a pretty face OR WEBSITE. Mold Men of Pittsburgh did have a live person and their man showed up. However they could not provide documentation as to the chemicals they would be using and the estimate was rather high. We did receive some promo equipment documents only after we made inquiries. They offered an air sample test for $175 which seemed primitive after seeing Mr Lampl's numerous pieces of equipment in action. Now back to HomePlusIsUs.com and Ed Lampl. First Ed took our call immediately and asked us some detailed questions, getting to the heart of our problem even before he asked us if we wanted an appointment. He was VERY knowledgeable and provided facts related to our issues. To be blunt he was more scientific and did not give us a "sales pitch" which is what we received from the other companies I mentioned above. (BTW we will never call them back to our home because the difference between them and HomePlusIsUs was that stark.). When you find a winner you stay with a winner and that is just old fashioned common sense. After the call ended within minutes he emailed us numerous documents detailing the type of mold problem we may be experiencing, the testing equipment he would be using, and medical information from the New England Journal of Medicine in regards to mold and its effects on our family. He also sent us a copy of "Mold Scams 101" which was an indication of his honesty. In comparison we did not receive any initial documents from Bactronix, Mold Men of Pittsburgh, or Metro Mold Removal Pittsburgh. We did get the sales pitch however and "how soon can we schedule you line"... After seeing the difference between HomePlusIsUs.com and the other mold companies in Pittsburgh, we scheduled an appointment. At the designated time (his professionalism even extended to being prompt) Ed arrived in his newer company vehicle and gave us an overview of what he was going to do and showed us the equipment he was using. Since I am curious in nature (and I have my family's health to consider) I asked Mr. Lampl many, many questions while he was working. Some of these questions I gathered from doing my own internet investigation and others from the "sales pitches" from the other companies we called. In every instance Mr. Lampl gave us the science behind which are the facts. He did not "BS" us or treat us as dumb sheeple with home owners insurance. During the testing process Ed was more than happy to show what he was doing AND WHY. This is important. First because it showed the level of experience and second, his knowledge based in facts. During the time Mr Lampl was in our home I felt that I had received a mini "hands on" education that far exceeded anything I could have learned from doing Google searches and by talking to the other company representatives who mostly wanted to "up sell" while quoting the basic dumbed down answers. After the testing was done Ed Lampl (who is also a CERTIFIED Home Inspector) took the time to inform us of the next steps in regards to when the lab results would be expected and the strict standards of the 3rd party lab he was using. He also provided A CHAIN OF CUSTODY DOCUMENT! Ed also holds numerous certification in environmental areas which is another plus. I want to offer some advice here, if your mold removal company does "in house" testing then you are about to be scammed. They care about the "income" and not your OUTCOME. With HomePlusIsUs it was more about the OUTCOME and not the income. You and your family's health should be that important to you to discern the difference. When I mentioned the comparison was stark, I was not lying. Also while Ed was here we were treated as if we were his family which was greatly reassuring as we are not experts (but we had one working for us). In essence he "has our backs". Afterwards Mr. Lampl did not rush out when the testing was completed and in fact I thought "Ed was losing his butt on all the time he spent with us". In addition, Ed Lampl always kept his word on numerous things he promised and in fact over delivered which is unheard of today. Being "old school" this meant something to me as I was raised that a "man's word is his bond". Ed also is old school which is rare in today's "come on quick buck" society. At the risk of sounding cliché' "if you experience the best there is no need to try the rest..." Like your family HomePlusIsUs IS THE BEST
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsI would have paid for the testing, but he gave me some simple advice and some steps that I could take myself that wouldn't cost me a dime. It is refreshing to find someone not out to make a quick buck.
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsEd was honest and very forthcoming in helping me, particularly on a Sunday night and without wanting anything in return. I would strongly endorse him and trust him for testing and inspecting services
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home InspectionsMr. Lampl was first referred to me by friends. Before scheduling the inspection I saw he was also recommended on Angie's List. I cannot say enough about Mr. Lampl's professionalism, knowledge, thoroughness and the overall comprehensiveness of the written report. Mr. Lampl exceeded all my expectations by not only inspecting the property but also giving me both written and verbal recommendations for future maintenance and repairs on the house. He had suggestions I would never have considered. The inspection itself was a very lengthy process lasting approximately 6 hours. The information received was a bit overwhelming at times, but you certainly get your money's worth and more. We went through every single room floor to ceiling and the 3 story house, as well as spending time outside and in the basement. At the end of the inspection, I received a written, color coded report on a flash drive, several reports sent via email, and over 50 pages of photos and detailed descriptions. He uncovered areas that were potential fire hazards, those needing future maintenance and confirmed areas that were stable and in good condition. The extent of the report was extremely useful in negotiating with the sellers, planning with my architect and contractor, as well as being a great resource to have on hand for future maintenance and repair issues. Mr Lampl was also very patient in answering any questions and concerns I had. I cannot recommend his services strongly enough. As a home inspector, no one else in the area compares to the professionalism and thoroughness of Mr. Lampl. You will not regret hiring him and will be more than pleased with a job well done. Thanks Ed!
Last update on October 6, 2014
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Pittsburgh
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
Contractors who might disturb lead paint in structures built before 1978 will be required by a new EPA rule to be trained and certified in lead safety technique
Before you buy an older house, there are certain things the seller or real estate agent are legally required to tell you about potential lead paint hazards.
Find lead abatement contractors in
lead abatement contractors in Pittsburgh
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- AFFORDABLE SERVICES5353 PAGE DRIVE
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15236
- Apex Energy Solutions of Pittsburgh322 North Shore Drive Building 1B Suite 200
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212
- Ed Lampl - Environmental & Home Inspections462 Biddle Ave
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15221
- ROOM 2 ROOM RENOVATIONS/ DEKS REMODELING2601 Golden Mile Hwy.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15239
- Servicemaster by Compass1701 Partridge Run Rd
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15241
- AFFORDABLE SERVICES
- APOLLO WINDOW, DOOR, & SIDING CO.306 FIRST ST
Apollo, Pennsylvania 15613
- APOLLO WINDOW, DOOR, & SIDING CO.
- Boyer & Pentek, Inc503 Reba Street
Mckeesport, Pennsylvania 15132
- Boyer & Pentek, Inc
- Chuba Heating & Remodeling Inc922 E 8th Ave
Homestead, Pennsylvania 15120
- Chuba Heating & Remodeling Inc
- Healthy Environments LLC60 Progress Ave
Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066
- Healthy Environments LLC
- MDA Contracting Inc109 Crest Dr
Monaca, Pennsylvania 15061
- MDA Contracting Inc
- NEWKIRK CONSTRUCTION941 2ND AVE
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
- NEWKIRK CONSTRUCTION
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters3423 Piedmont Rd NE STE 350
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters