Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Nashville, TN
There are 11 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Nashville
- RCS Tile FlooringWow!! We are so impressed with this team! We are thrilled with the work they did and highly recommend them! The entire team was friendly, professional and very talented. Thank you so much for our new bathroom!
- RCS Tile FlooringAmazing! These guys are awesome. They work hard, show up early, and are so nice. They follow through with the job and get stuff done.
- S & S Tile InstallersDid an amazing job installing tile. Affordable, professional and polite. Would definitely hire again..
- Get A GripThe technician sealed the new countertops below the mountings of the dishwasher, such that when I simply opened the dishwasher door, the anchoring of the dishwasher was pulled out of its mooring under the counter. I contacted the business owner numerous times via text to explain the situation, and sent him pictures. He denied that his technician could have caused such a thing to happen. He refused to come look at the damage. He declined to respond to a BBB request for mediation. There is also a crack in the countertop along the wall by the sink. However the countertops otherwise look much better than they did prior to the resurfacing. I definitely do NOT recommend this business
- S & S Tile InstallersThe cost was competitive, the work was excellent, the new shower is beautiful. Jorge Sandoval and his team worked hard for 5 days and got it all done as requested. They left the house broom clean. A terrific job all around!
- Interior Home ConceptsHershel responded promptly to my calls and requests. He arrived when he said he would and got the job done in a reasonable time. He cleaned up so well in the afternoon that I couldn’t tell he was there. I used him before for tub glazing and plan to use him again for sink resurfacing. I highly recommend him and his company
- Interior Home ConceptsI purchased a big deal (as a birthday gift) on August 10th. By September 21st the company had yet to make an appointment. I contacted Interior Home Concepts and spoke with Hershel. He agreed to honor the price of the other company's big deal. Only two days later Hershel painted the bedroom. My friend was so pleased with the room becaused of the top quaility and workmanship. He would be our first choice for any future projects. Janet & Barbara
- Interior Home ConceptsThe owner of the company was always very professional. When he told me he would be back in the morning he was back. I believe the owner is a perfectionist. He made sure his work was top quality. Interior Home Concepts has completed two jobs for me. I have just asked them to do a third. A repeat customer says it all
- Interior Home ConceptsHad Hershel resurface our bathtub as part of remodelling our bathroom. The first attempt resulted in the paint coming off the tub in some areas. Hershel returned and refinished the entire tub. Never had another problem. Because he had to return, he offered to come a third time to buff the tub... which he did. Very pleased with his service
- Interior Home ConceptsHershel makes it easy to communicate with him by phone and email. We received a quote after emailing pics. Hershel came to the house using directions we provided by email and found the key we had hidden, but due to a miscommunication on both our parts, he did not call me to meet him as I desired. Consequenty, the calking and a splash was not removed as I had wanted. After receiving the invoice, I inspected the work and emailed Hershel that the new calking was not to my satisfaction. Hershel was very concerned and prompty send a technician to completely redo that part of the job. The tub looks good as new. This company is clearly one that cares that their work is done to your satisfaction. I would definitely hire him again
Bathtub Refinishers in Nashville
- Business Description:Durante locally serves customers throughout BIRMINGHAM, HUNTSVILLE, and NASHVILLE metro areas. We are not a chain or a franchise-we're local and we are one of the most trusted names in the home improvement industry! Durante offers outrageously GREAT Customer Service, and when you call our offices you will always speak to a LIVE person who is friendly and ready to serve you! At Durante Home Exteriors, we want to help you, we want to spoil you and we want to make your home look its best! That‘s..Recent Review:They were very responsive with the estimate process.Telisha S.
- Business Description:We are a responsible remodeling company. We have years of experience and are licensed and insured. We can talk you through the whole process and help with building your dream home.Recent Review:Very professional, quick and did a beautiful job! Would recommend to anyone needed some work done.Alicia m.
- Business Description:We have been proudly serving the area with sales and installation of high quality flooring for any years. We have the experience to handle any project no matter how big or small. By choosing us as your provider of flooring services and products, you are choosing highly trained experts in the flooring industry. We offers site-finished hardwood flooring products for clients who want customized stains and finishes. We not only lay the floor, but handle the actual finish work to create a truly u..Recent Review:Wow!! We are so impressed with this team! We are thrilled with the work they did and highly recommend them! The entire team was friendly, professional and very talented. Thank you so much for our new bathroom!Morgan R.
- Business Description:We in Apex are capable of any project that needs our service whether they be interior or exterior. We have experience in every job imaginable from framing, drywall , remodeling, leak repair, and more. Due to us being a smaller company, we have the leisure of being more responsive than other companies. Se habla españolRecent Review:German and Aaron have done a good job. They communicate well and care about what they do.Brian G.
- Business Description:Hi, my name is Kevin and I would love to help you with your current project wether its painting, drywall, drywall repair, trim work, and wood repair. We pride ourselves in being a one stop shop for our clients. If for whatever reason we dont speacialize in a specific area, we have contacts who we trust that will get the job done right! I have been learning since the age of 11 and at 26 years old I have been a professional for 6 years. One thing you will know me for is delivering quality work...Recent Review:Excellent! Great communication, timely, respectful of property and crew was super nice.Krisi M.
- Business Description:With over 15 years of tile experience, we are who you call to turn your dream home into reality. Specialize in ceramic tile, travertine, marble, porcelain, laminate floors, stone, and more!Recent Review:I hired S & S Tile Installers from Angie’s list in November of last year. They had almost all 5 star ratings (more than 60 as I recall) and a few 1 star ratings so I felt comfortable with my decision. We met with Jorge, the owner, to get an estimate for installation of a tile shower stall, and a tile floor in our bathroom. The shower stall is approximately 3.5’ by 5’, and the bathroom floor is approximately 54sq.ft. At the time of this estimate the shower area walls were stripped to the studs and the bathroom floor was stripped to the subfloor. The toilet and vanity had been removed. We discussed and agreed to the following items which needed to be accomplished: Replace the subfloor around the toilet that had been rotted from water leaks around the flange. (Jorge stated he would charge an additional $200 to replace the section of subfloor. I agreed to pay for this.) Repair/replace two holes in the shower subfloor, one around the shower drain and one where the plumbers removed a drain vent. Secure bathroom subfloor with appropriate screw fasteners. Install Schluter decoupling membrane on bathroom floor in preparation for tiling. Install green board around shower walls including additional studs as necessary. Install Schluter Shower System, which Jorge stated he would provide, to waterproof the shower walls, niche, floor, curb and bench in preparation for tile. Install tile bench on the back wall from the corner to inside the curb. Prepare shower pan threshold, and walls for sliding glass doors. Install tile on shower walls, floor, niche, curb and bench. Install tile on bathroom floor. We were to provide materials for items 3, 4, and 5, as well as all tile and grout for the project. Jorge required $800 up front to purchase materials, $700 on the day he commenced work and the remainder on the day of completion. We provided him the funds according to his schedule. They showed up for work several hours late because they had to procure materials for the job. When they left work that afternoon I checked on their progress. (See the attached a photo.) Rather than replace the rotted section of OSB subfloor they applied a coating of adhesive to the surface of the existing subfloor and chipped/cut off the rotted portion around the drain. This did not correct the large gap in the subfloor around the toilet drain. The next day they showed up several hours late again. I spoke to Jorge about my dissatisfaction with how he failed to install a new subfloor around the toilet drain. I reminded him that we agreed that he would replace that section of subfloor. He responded that he did replace it but one of his employees cut the hole too big. He added that there is nothing wrong with what they did, and the toilet flange would be attached to the tile anyway. (This is not true. A toilet flange should be secured to the subfloor.) During this interaction he became agitated and angry. He proceeded to screw a small piece of scrap wood to the exposed floor joist to partially fill the void in the subfloor. I told him that was not satisfactory and reminded him that we agreed to pay him $200 extra to replace the subfloor. Jorge continued to act quite agitated and started slamming tools around. He said if I didn’t like his work he would leave and I could find someone else to finish it. He already had $1500 of our money and would not refund it. I left the bathroom and went outside to try to decide what to do. If I fired him, I was out $1500. If I kept him, he may not do an acceptable job. His largely good record on Angie’s List contributed to my decision. I thought maybe he was having a bad day. I returned and asked him to come outside to discuss this matter. He was still agitated when we went out on the porch to talk about this. After much back and forth conversation I asked him if he would replace the subfloor if I gave him another $200. He finally seemed to calm down and said he would fix it as I requested. He returned to work. Although this solution cost me more money, I thought it would be worth it if it would get Jorge to settle down and do a good job. As it turns out, it was a mistake to allow him to continue working. Later that day Jorge said he replaced the subfloor as I asked. I checked the floor and it appeared they may have replaced it but I couldn’t tell for sure because they put some white paint or other coating on the repair. Jorge has a short fuse, and is very hostile to any criticism, so I decided to not pursue it any further. They finished their work on November 27. Before he started the job, I told Jorge that the shower bench was to end on the inside edge of the shower threshold so that sliding glass doors could be installed. Instead, he built it almost halfway over the curb. He assured us that the sliding doors would still fit. We hired a glass company to measure and install the sliding glass doors we ordered but they were unable to install them due to the bench taking up the space where the door would slide. We could not change the glass doors because they were already delivered and manufactured to our specifications. We decided to see if the bench could be replaced to have the glass doors fit as we had originally intended. When we began to remove tile from the bench we realized that Jorge’s work was so shoddy that the shower was destined to fail. We also found that the 6” diameter hole in the shower subfloor which opened to the crawlspace had not been repaired. The bench and the shower curb were constructed from 2X4 and cement board, not a Schluter system bench. As we continued to remove tile we noticed a lack of proper waterproofing on the walls of the shower. They did not use the Schluter Shower System we had stipulated before the job began. Instead, they painted the greenboard with what looks like RedGard a much less expensive alternative to the Schluter system. However, they did not apply the RedGard waterproofing membrane according to manufacturer’s instructions. ([*** Link removed ***] As you can see from the photos below, they used greenboard rather than cement board with the RedGard; they failed to waterproof the many deep screw holes in the greenboard; they failed to properly tape and seal all seams and inside corners with fiberglass mesh tape; they applied such a light coat of RedGard that the green color of the wallboard showed through in many areas. The niche was built without any waterproofing at all. The sides of the niche are just thinset adhesive and cement board under the tile. The back was glued to the outside plywood sheathing. Judging by the large gaps of thinset tile adhesive from the teardown, it appears that they only back buttered thinset to part of the back of the 12” X 24” tiles. They did not spread thinset directly on the walls. As a result, each tile had insufficient adhesive holding them in place, especially around the tile edges. (see photos below) We have also noticed that a floor tile in the middle of the bathroom is loose and moves up and down with an audible pop when weight is applied. The grout is also cracked around it. The floor, in spite of minimal use, is failing and needs to be taken up and replaced. This past week I hired an expert tile craftsman to inspect the work done by S & S Tile Installers and estimate the cost of repair. He confirmed that the previous tile installation was so poorly done that it all needs to be replaced. He was incredulous that someone who claims to be a tile installer would do such shoddy workmanship. Both the shower and the floor must be totally removed, and new Schluter Shower system and tile put in its place. Everything that S & S Tile Installers did in our bathroom must be removed and replaced. Link for photos: [*** Link removed ***Bruce R.
- Business Description:Additional DBA Names - IHC. resurface tubs, tile, counters, cabinets. We have 3 employees, we do not have a trip charge for Nashville or the immediate surrounding area .Recent Review:Hershel responded promptly to my calls and requests. He arrived when he said he would and got the job done in a reasonable time. He cleaned up so well in the afternoon that I couldn’t tell he was there. I used him before for tub glazing and plan to use him again for sink resurfacing. I highly recommend him and his companyPatricia M.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoinRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks MatthewTyrone G.
- Business Description:Licensed and insured general contractor with over 10 years experience. Specializing in custom homes, residential and commercial renovations in the Middle Tennessee region.Recent Review:Brett is fantastic. I almost hesitate to leave this review because the more people that find out how great he is, the busier he will get and the harder it will be for me to hire him for future projects. The price was fair and he stays on top of the project through all phases. If a problem arises he finds the best solution that will make everyone happy. And on top of being extremely competent, he is friendly and very easy to work with. Don't hesitate to give him a call about your next projectLiam M.
- Business Description:We specialize in major home renovations such as kitchens, bathrooms, decks, and screen rooms as well as new home construction and new additions. Contact us to experience the difference.Recent Review:I’ll start by saying Larry and his son Jackson are 2 of the most honest, courteous, knowledgeable, and hardworking people I’ve had the pleasure of working with. From the start Larry got the permits and handled the engineer meetings to spec the beams and gave detailed bids of materials needed and work to be done. Along the way there were many opportunities to cut corners but that’s NOT how he does business. He wants his work to last and you can tell that by the finished product and his attitude for what he’s doing. I’m so glad that he took on my job and he transformed my 1934 East Nashville home into the open concept I wanted while also listening to my wants of keeping the original character. It’s hard to find companies and people like Larry. He will be my first call anytime I need help with a new project. This picture shows one of the 2 beams and the great framing work he did on the walkway. This beam spanned 20 ft and included 2 steal plates that he was able to tuck in the ceiling after cutting away floor joists and reattaching themJonathan S.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- Whites Creek
- Old Hickory
- La Vergne
- Mount Juliet
- Ashland City
- Kingston Springs
bathtub refinishers in Nashville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- AAA Randpro Plumbing112 Karen Dr
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
- Absolute Refinishing206 Knob Rd
- ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS129 BAYVIEW DR
- American Home Design Inc880 Conference Dr
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- Apex Contracting and Restoration2127 Antioch Pike
- AAA Randpro Plumbing
- D.A.S Building and Remodeling2505 Brittany Dr
- DeRo Renovations, LLC9005 Overlook Blvd
- Dinaba Contracting Services
- Distinctive Remodeling
- DURA GLAZE547 Elaine Dr
- Durante Home Exteriors5061 Cardinal St
- D.A.S Building and Remodeling
- Freys Contracting103 Sarver Ave
- Freys Contracting
- Interior Home Concepts310 Center St
La Vergne, Tennessee
- Interior Home Concepts
- Jolly Home Improvements2631 Mission Ridge Drive
- Jolly Home Improvements
- Nashville Construction And RemodelingPO Box 160476
- Nashville Construction And Remodeling
- On Time Handyman Services124 Moyna Dr
- On Time Handyman Services
- VMC Tile1320 Maplewood Rd
Ashland City, Tennessee
- VMC Tile
- Walter Hill Plumbing5636 Lebanon Rd
- Walter Hill Plumbing