Indianapolis area electricians discuss how to choose light fixtures and light bulbs, what problems to avoid and who to hire to install new lighting.
Find top lamp repair service in Minneapolis, MN
There are 5 top-rated lamp repair service in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Matching on Angi
Recent Lamp Repair Reviews in Minneapolis
- Nicely Dunn Handyman Service IncScott and his assistant were very punctual. In fact he called ahead and asked if they could come a little early - which worked out great for me. I had prioritized tasks based on my budget, but it turns out I didn't have to: they performed all the work quickly and within the time I'd budgeted. This included a snafu: I had gotten the wrong part for a garbage disposal electrical connection at Menard's, and Scott graciously offered to go there himself and get the right part. They quickly prioritized and went about the various tasks between the two of them. Everything on my list was done to my satisfaction. They did some extra last minute tasks - like repairing a lamp that I assumed was unusable. Scott even pointed out a door latch that had been installed wrong, and easily corrected it at no additional charge. I would use these guys again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'll probably need them again for other things as I get ready to sell my home. I've already recommended them to my friends
- The Lamp MenderI love this shop. They are friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. I was very impressed with their huge stock of lamp shades and finials. And they really go the extra mile trying to find shades that "work" with your lamp bases. I needed a couple of repairs and they handled them while I browsed. I also learned something about socket safety and bulbs that work well to preserve those sockets. I now have 2 really good looking lamps in working order. And it was an enjoyable, no pressure experience. The women that own and run the Lamp Mender know what they are doing and they do it well
- The Lamp MenderThis went very well. These lamps work (having been rewired) and they look great. The crystal was cleaned, metal parts replaced and new shades added. The lamps have a new, more modern look. I love them!
- The Lamp MenderWe brought in an Italian lamp with 10 separate lights that needed to be completely rewired from top to bottom along with replacing the floor switch. They completed the job in less than a week for a reasonable price. We would definately use them again.
- The Lamp MenderTurns out it was a fuse that needed replacing. Cost was less than half. Was able to pick up the lamp the next day. Very friendly!
- The Lamp MenderI took a treasured antique lamp to their store for repair. I wasn't sure what was wrong with the lamp. They quickly diagnosed that one of the sockets had burned out. They told me that it would take 1 to 3 days. I left the lamp and returned to my office. They called me within an hour to inform me that the lamp was fixed and ready to be picked up. Needless to say, I was quite surprised and pleased with the responsiveness. The lamp was perfect. In addition, the lady provided me with a little bit of history regarding the style of the lamp telling me that it was a Jeffersonian lamp. I would highly recommend these professionals to anyone needing lamp repair or advice
- The Lamp MenderThe ladies explained that I was using a light bulb that was too hot for the lamp, so it was melting something in the socket. I don't know all the technical stuff, but she was able to repair it while I waited. I also learned a lot about light bulbs including the best brands to buy. It was great that I didn't have to come back to pick it up. It was a special pottery lamp that I bought at the Renaissance Festival so I was very happy that it could be fixed. I would highly recommend them
- The Lamp MenderWe needed these lamps within a week to ship in a container and they had them ready on time. They were able to suggest shades for the lamps, since we were not sure what kind of shade to purchase for the table lamp. They have an excellent variety of shades and any thing else needed to repair lamps. Would use them again in the future
- The Lamp MenderI had purchased a nice desk lamp, brand new, and love the way it fits into my decor. However, a strange thing had been happening: when I had my iPod or iPhone charging on my computer, if I were to turn on or off the lamp at the same time, I'd get shocked pretty severely! Turns out there was a fray in the wire inside the lamp, and these folks fixed it within a day or two
- Michael's Lamp StudioThey took the lamp and repaired it in one week as promised. I always use them for my lamps service. Very helpful company.
Last update on April 26, 2019
Lamp Repair Service in Minneapolis
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lamp repair service articles
Installing a dimmer switch is as easy as installing a regular light switch. Learn how to wire a dimmer switch and when a wall dimmer switch won't work out.
Lighting is often overlooked, but one of the quick changes that can transform a room. An interior decorator shares lighting tips to light up your room.
Find lamp repair shops in
lamp repair shops in Minneapolis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bayers Do it Best Hardware4312 UPTON AVE S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55410
- GAYTEE - Palmer Stained Glass1519 Central Avenue NE
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413
- LeVahn Bros Plumbing and Hardware Hank12700 Bass Lake Rd
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55442
- LIGHTWORKS1325 Winter St NE
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55413
- Michael's Lamp Studio3101 W 50th St
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55410
- Mohn Electric925 W Lake St
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55408
- OLSON SHEET METAL WORKS INC925 HENNEPIN AVE E
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414
- SETTERGREN HARDWARE5405 PENN AVE S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55419
- Bayers Do it Best Hardware
- Creative Lawn & Landscapes Inc14005 Northdale Blvd
Rogers, Minnesota 55374
- Creative Lawn & Landscapes Inc
- ELECTRIC CRAFTSMAN INC1424 MAINSTREET
Hopkins, Minnesota 55343
- ELECTRIC CRAFTSMAN INC
- Fan Man Lighting15465 Cedar Ave S
Apple Valley, Minnesota 55124
- Fan Man Lighting
- J Lee Services1303 Willard St W
Stillwater, Minnesota 55082
- J Lee Services