A Cleveland-area member grew concerned about the presence of radon in his home after tests found high levels of the gas in his neighbor’s house.
Get matched with top radon inspectors in Madison, WI
There are 7 highly-rated local radon inspectors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Radon Mitigation Reviews in Madison
- JMR InspectionsAn ideal experience and result. My realtor recommended John Rodkey, even (half-jokingly) warning me that I should find a different inspector if I was the type of person who didn't want to know about every possible little issue in my new home. But I do want to know, and the 35 page report John delivered (sooner than expected) has an incredibly detailed list of all the things I'll want to do to improve the place and keep it in good shape. The complexity of the info is a good mix; there are technical details that I'm sure will mean something to the pros I hire, but it goes on to explain things in a way that's understandable and useful to a layperson like me. John was clear about everything, obviously expert in his field, accommodating to my specific needs, super friendly, and generous with the time he took to go over a report summary over the phone. But the defining characteristic of his service is that he was THOROUGH. His team was similarly fantastic in all the phone and email communications before and after the service. I wholeheartedly recommend him to everyone
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsExcellent. On time, high-quality materials, no BS (unlike other bids I got, these folks bid what would truly be required, and not low cost "lure you in to get the bid and only THEN tell you all the up charges".
- Madison Home Inspection LLCKyle was excellent, with a good eye for detail and was very thorough when inspecting our new build. He was detailed oriented, and explained everything he found in a clear way. He was patient and made sure we understood what he was explaining. He went above and beyond our expectations and we would recommend him! We had a home inspection and radon test. His report was easy to read and explained everything that he had told us on the day of the inspection. He was prompt in writing the report and posting the radon test results. I enjoyed talking to Kyle because he was kind and explained everything effectively. He had a large breadth of knowledge and encouraged us to ask questions during the process. Kyle was also very professional
- David Cook's Radon ServicesThe entire transaction/work was excellent. David's communication was clear and prompt, and his employees (Jim and Chris) were punctual (actually a bit early!), very professional and thorough, respectful of our property, and very clear and patient in explaining all the work they performed and what each part of it meant. Our post testing showed radon levels below .3 in our two living areas tested. I would not hesitate to hire them again
- David Cook's Radon ServicesThey performed the work by drilling a hole into the basement floor and installing PVC pipe to exhaust the gas to the outside. They also used an existing sump pump drainage system to pull air out from under the foundation, from a second room in our basement. Prior to this they had the sump pump installer come back to seal the seam against the wall so that it was air tight, forming a vacuum for the new fan system. So that provided 2 places from under the basement concrete floor that could be evacuated. The fan was installed in the crawl space above the attached garage and a pvc pipe was put through the roof to the outside. Radon level after this work averages .5, well below what we saw before. Prior to this project the gas levels were in the 20's. Please test your house and take action if the radon gas level exceeds the recommended number. I recommend that you use a certified contractor and am glad to recommend David Cook for you. This company was easy to work with. They answered our process questions and health concerns with respect and with data. It was clear to me they know what they were doing and they earned my trust
- David Cook's Radon ServicesOutstanding. David is incredibly neat and meticulous with his work. He explained everything that he would do, and then did it. The quality of his workmanship was excellent, with the system looking like it was installed when our house was built. I cannot say enough good things about DC Mitigation and David Cook, the owner. PS: David also installed my neighbor's system, and my neighbor was equally impressed and pleased
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsThe Radon system install went smoothly. Their technician came on time, was friendly, explained what needed to be done, and did a professional looking job! Would hire again.
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsDuring the inspection of our new house, we got a radon reading of about 8 pCi/l, double the EPA's recommended limit. We hired Lifetime Radon to install an installation system. They really have their act together. First, they asked me some questions about our house, and came up with a estimated price range. Since we didn't have drain tile, our installation estimate was on the higher end. Then, we scheduled the work to be done. They subcontracted an electrician, making it all very easy for us. The professional that came to our house was friendly and very knowledgeable. The quality of work appeared to be very high upon visual inspection. He thoroughly explained the testing process, which involved mailing in the test results to a lab. About a week later, we got our test results, and our reading was reduced to < 0.3 pCi/l. That's less than 5% of the original reading, and less than 10% of the recommended max, and is about what you'd expect when walking down the street just about anywhere in the world. Radon mitigation is one of those things that many homeowners might ignore or defer. It's not cheap, and the cancer risk is hard to pin down. But for our money, I feel like the peace of mind is worth the investment
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsFrom the initial phone call, to when the technician left our home after the work was complete, the whole process was very professional. They called me back within a couple of hours after I left the initial message and with some brief information, they were able to give me a quote over the phone. We were able to get on the schedule for the next week, which was awesome. When the technician arrived, he went over what needed to be done and answered all our questions. He then completed the install and cleaned up afterwards. He reviewed the system with me so that I had the info that I needed. Overall, a great experience
- Haack Homestead Inspections LLCWe had an excellent experience with Dave, from beginning to end. I was able to get an appointment scheduled very promptly. The email exchange to finalize the details of scheduling and contracting services was also very prompt, and we were given good information ahead of time on what to expect with a home inspection. As for the actual inspection, we couldn't be happier. Dave was extremely thorough, and he was very patient in answering all of our questions. It was evident to us that he really cares about his work and the people he is helping. And we received the report, with photos, within 24 hours of the inspection! If you are interested in learning about the inner workings of a prospective home and how to best care for it to keep it in good condition for years to come, I highly recommend working with Dave
Last update on February 22, 2021
Radon Testing Companies in Madison
Deals in Madison for radon testing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful radon testing company articles
Radon is an invisible gas and every home is susceptible to it. Mitigation systems can significantly decrease the carcinogenic risks posed by radon.
Most people don’t think about radon gas until it’s detected during an inspection, but it can cause serious health problems. Is it lurking in your home?
Find radon inspectors in
- Shorewood Hills,
- Maple Bluff,
- Cottage Grove,
- Sun Prairie,
- De Forest,
- Cross Plains,
- Black Earth,
- Mount Horeb,
radon inspectors in Madison
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- David Cook's Radon Services N2344 Harvey Ct
Walworth, Wisconsin 53184
- David Cook's Radon Services
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- FRESH-AIRE SYSTEMS4734 RUTLAND DUNN TOWNLINE RD
Oregon, Wisconsin 53575
- FRESH-AIRE SYSTEMS
- Jeff Wolf Contractor LLC2896 County Rd T
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin 53590
- Jeff Wolf Contractor LLC
- Lifetime Radon Solutions824 Wells St
Delafield, Wisconsin 53018
- Lifetime Radon Solutions
- N & N Electric5227 County Road M
Waunakee, Wisconsin 53597
- N & N Electric
- Paul Davis Restoration of South Central Wisconsin3432 County Rd N
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin 53527
- Paul Davis Restoration of South Central Wisconsin
- Ron Miller Inspections LLC1647 Gammeter Rd
Verona, Wisconsin 53593
- Ron Miller Inspections LLC
- Superior Radon Mitigation LLC1700 Emerson St.
Beloit, Wisconsin 53511
- Superior Radon Mitigation LLC
- Wisconsin Inspection Consultants916 Silver Lake Dr. P.O. Box 340
Portage, Wisconsin 53901
- Wisconsin Inspection Consultants
- Zander Solutions421 S Nine Mound Rd
Verona, Wisconsin 53593
- Zander Solutions