Radon mitigation costs an average of $1,000.
Get matched with top radon inspectors in Madison, WI
There are 8 highly-rated local radon inspectors.
Recent Radon Mitigation Reviews in Madison
- JMR InspectionsAn ideal experience and result. My realtor recommended John Rodkey, even (half-jokingly) warning me that I should find a different inspector if I was the type of person who didn't want to know about every possible little issue in my new home. But I do want to know, and the 35 page report John delivered (sooner than expected) has an incredibly detailed list of all the things I'll want to do to improve the place and keep it in good shape. The complexity of the info is a good mix; there are technical details that I'm sure will mean something to the pros I hire, but it goes on to explain things in a way that's understandable and useful to a layperson like me. John was clear about everything, obviously expert in his field, accommodating to my specific needs, super friendly, and generous with the time he took to go over a report summary over the phone. But the defining characteristic of his service is that he was THOROUGH. His team was similarly fantastic in all the phone and email communications before and after the service. I wholeheartedly recommend him to everyone
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsExcellent. On time, high-quality materials, no BS (unlike other bids I got, these folks bid what would truly be required, and not low cost "lure you in to get the bid and only THEN tell you all the up charges".
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsNot at all happy with customer service handling of an issue we experienced - the company seems more interested in the bottom line rather than leaving the customer satisfied. If you expect a perfect install and you have a problem LRS won't stand tall and will leave the customer with a bad impression. I will not recommend the company to anyone
- Madison Home Inspection LLCKyle was excellent, with a good eye for detail and was very thorough when inspecting our new build. He was detailed oriented, and explained everything he found in a clear way. He was patient and made sure we understood what he was explaining. He went above and beyond our expectations and we would recommend him! We had a home inspection and radon test. His report was easy to read and explained everything that he had told us on the day of the inspection. He was prompt in writing the report and posting the radon test results. I enjoyed talking to Kyle because he was kind and explained everything effectively. He had a large breadth of knowledge and encouraged us to ask questions during the process. Kyle was also very professional
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsThe Radon system install went smoothly. Their technician came on time, was friendly, explained what needed to be done, and did a professional looking job! Would hire again.
- David Cook's Radon ServicesThe entire transaction/work was excellent. David's communication was clear and prompt, and his employees (Jim and Chris) were punctual (actually a bit early!), very professional and thorough, respectful of our property, and very clear and patient in explaining all the work they performed and what each part of it meant. Our post testing showed radon levels below .3 in our two living areas tested. I would not hesitate to hire them again
- David Cook's Radon ServicesThey performed the work by drilling a hole into the basement floor and installing PVC pipe to exhaust the gas to the outside. They also used an existing sump pump drainage system to pull air out from under the foundation, from a second room in our basement. Prior to this they had the sump pump installer come back to seal the seam against the wall so that it was air tight, forming a vacuum for the new fan system. So that provided 2 places from under the basement concrete floor that could be evacuated. The fan was installed in the crawl space above the attached garage and a pvc pipe was put through the roof to the outside. Radon level after this work averages .5, well below what we saw before. Prior to this project the gas levels were in the 20's. Please test your house and take action if the radon gas level exceeds the recommended number. I recommend that you use a certified contractor and am glad to recommend David Cook for you. This company was easy to work with. They answered our process questions and health concerns with respect and with data. It was clear to me they know what they were doing and they earned my trust
- David Cook's Radon ServicesOutstanding. David is incredibly neat and meticulous with his work. He explained everything that he would do, and then did it. The quality of his workmanship was excellent, with the system looking like it was installed when our house was built. I cannot say enough good things about DC Mitigation and David Cook, the owner. PS: David also installed my neighbor's system, and my neighbor was equally impressed and pleased
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsDuring the inspection of our new house, we got a radon reading of about 8 pCi/l, double the EPA's recommended limit. We hired Lifetime Radon to install an installation system. They really have their act together. First, they asked me some questions about our house, and came up with a estimated price range. Since we didn't have drain tile, our installation estimate was on the higher end. Then, we scheduled the work to be done. They subcontracted an electrician, making it all very easy for us. The professional that came to our house was friendly and very knowledgeable. The quality of work appeared to be very high upon visual inspection. He thoroughly explained the testing process, which involved mailing in the test results to a lab. About a week later, we got our test results, and our reading was reduced to < 0.3 pCi/l. That's less than 5% of the original reading, and less than 10% of the recommended max, and is about what you'd expect when walking down the street just about anywhere in the world. Radon mitigation is one of those things that many homeowners might ignore or defer. It's not cheap, and the cancer risk is hard to pin down. But for our money, I feel like the peace of mind is worth the investment
- Lifetime Radon SolutionsFrom the initial phone call, to when the technician left our home after the work was complete, the whole process was very professional. They called me back within a couple of hours after I left the initial message and with some brief information, they were able to give me a quote over the phone. We were able to get on the schedule for the next week, which was awesome. When the technician arrived, he went over what needed to be done and answered all our questions. He then completed the install and cleaned up afterwards. He reviewed the system with me so that I had the info that I needed. Overall, a great experience
Radon Testing Companies in Madison
- Business Description:Owner Operated. Cost determined by the job. NRPP Certification #RMT-101552, AARST Member. Licensed. Cash accepted. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lifetimeradonsolutions/Recent Review:Not at all happy with customer service handling of an issue we experienced - the company seems more interested in the bottom line rather than leaving the customer satisfied. If you expect a perfect install and you have a problem LRS won't stand tall and will leave the customer with a bad impression. I will not recommend the company to anyoneTim W.
- Business Description:For over 15 years, Nate Coleman has worked with building contractors and building owners alike, providing the highest quality service available. References are available and we are currently licensed and insured for every type of work we provideRecent Review:They cancelled first appointment and then rescheduled for a different day and never showed up.Tyler R.
- Business Description:David Cook's Radon Services is a family owned business that is dedicated to customer satisfaction. We are licensed and insured for Radon Mitigation & Testing. Call us today for a free consultation.Recent Review:Tom and Josh arrived on the day and time promised. They were both very polite, professional and worked extremely well together. They explained exactly what they were doing and why they were doing it! They installed the radon Mitigation system and went above and beyond expectations. They cleaned up after themselves. After the job was complete, it looks like it has always been here. What more can you ask? I will definitely recommend DC Mitigation for anyone who needs this serviceMichael L D.
- Business Description:Full service design, build and remodel contractor. Servicing SE Wisconsin since 2016. Our team does it all from light updates to full renovations. Our experience team of installers is ready to transform your vision to realityRecent Review:We couldn't be happier with the work that Construct Boss did for us. We had an idea of what we wanted, and with the suggestions they gave, or basement turned out better than we hoped for. The entire basement was done on time and on budgetTim H.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - American Insulation of Madison. American Insulation of Madison is an independently owned and operated insulation and home energy inspection company based in Waunakee and serves the Central, Southern, and Western parts of Wisconsin. We perform energy audits and insulation installation partnering with Home Performance with ENERGYSTAR and Focus on Energy. Other services include New Home Certifications through WESH, (Wisconsin Energy Star Homes) Green Built Home Certification, Re..Recent Review:They did a very thorough job and thought of things we didn't even think of. Excited to be working with them. They have been very professional and answered all my questions.Nancy R.
- Business Description:Madison Home Inspection LLC is a locally owned and operated business. We believe keeping our company at it's current size is a key factor in upholding our reputation of SC Wisconsin's leader in providing top quality inspections and outstanding customer serviceRecent Review:Kyle was excellent, with a good eye for detail and was very thorough when inspecting our new build. He was detailed oriented, and explained everything he found in a clear way. He was patient and made sure we understood what he was explaining. He went above and beyond our expectations and we would recommend him! We had a home inspection and radon test. His report was easy to read and explained everything that he had told us on the day of the inspection. He was prompt in writing the report and posting the radon test results. I enjoyed talking to Kyle because he was kind and explained everything effectively. He had a large breadth of knowledge and encouraged us to ask questions during the process. Kyle was also very professionalPaul C.
- Business Description:We recently received a Super Service Award from Angie's List, making it our SEVENTH YEAR IN A ROW! Our business is a locally owned/operated residential home inspection company; serving property buyers, sellers and owners in the Madison area and Southern Wisconsin since 2002. We offer objective, thorough inspections of homes, condos and multi units and provide same day reports with photos using Home Gauge software. I only do a maximum of two home inspections in one day so I do not have to worr..Recent Review:Amazingly well! As a first time homebuyer, I was nervous about the inspection process. Jon made me feel comfortable and confident. He arrived early and was professional, polite, and responsive. Jon's report was thorough and easy to read. I have already recommended Jon to several of my friends and they have used him, too. You will not be disappointedAmy T.
- Business Description:Angie's List Certified. Since 1977 we have been waterproofing basements. Our water control and wet basement repair services have given homeowners greater peace of mind. We have worked on more than 40,000 homes and businesses and installed more than 2 million feet of drain tile. Our award winning and experienced team -- 50 employees, many with 20+ years of experience -- know how to get the job done right. May contact through email, firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-978-7867Recent Review:They did great work and I recommend them to several people in the neighborhood. They were top notch. Great people and great service.William W.
- Business Description:,Recent Review:I am extremely disappointed in our experience with Zander. I wanted to love them - they appear to have such a strong reputation, but that was not our experience at all. We hired them, even though they were the higher-cost option, to install 2 egress windows into our basement before we moved in in Summer 2019. Since then, we have taken on a project to remodel our basement and we have learned the following: 1. They did not cut the window large enough to pass code for the bedroom in our basement - which is the whole reason we wanted to put a window in there in the first place. We learned this because the remodeling company that came to build out the bedroom could not get a permit for the room based on their current set up. 2. They did not take care of closing out the project by having their work inspected. Rather, they told us this is our responsibility and we needed to get in touch with the inspector (which has never been my responsibility in all the projects I've done). 3. When we called them about the window being the incorrect size, they passed the buck and said "you'll have to talk to the guy who came on sight" and also commented that it was probably "not their fault" the window was not to code. In short, I feel taken advantage of. A hole dug into your foundation is not something one can easily fix. At the very least, I would expect Zander to own up to their mistake (mistakes happen) and talk to us about how to make it right. I would strongly recommend finding another company to do your workKaylene R.
- Business Description:ABT Foundation Solutions, Inc. is the expert foundation repair and basement waterproofing company. We specialize in basement water control, foundation repair, repair of bowing, bulging basement walls, sinking or settling foundations, installation of egress windows, installation of sump pump systems and dehumidifiers. We are the exclusive provider of Dry Right water control products and Right Wall foundation repairRecent Review:I’m thankful I went with this company for my sump pump system! My sump pump alarm was going off last week, so I called ABT and April was able to help me over the phone and it didn’t cost me anything. Thanks ABT!! I’m thankful for companies like you who care about your customersjessica y.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful radon testing company articles
Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer. If your home’s levels test high, learn what to look for to make sure that radon mitigation is done correctly.
When building or remodeling, hire green architects, builders, remodeling companies and environmental inspectors to avoid buying toxic products for the home.
Find radon inspectors in
- Cottage Grove
- Sun Prairie
- De Forest
- Cross Plains
- Black Earth
- Mount Horeb
radon inspectors in Madison
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ABT Foundation Solutions Inc8718 Ste Rd 76
- ABT Foundation Solutions, Inc.2860 Capitol Drive Unit E
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- Accredited Home Inspection Services LLC102 Merlham Dr
- Acker Home Inspections2481 Evans Rd
MC FARLAND, Wisconsin
- American Home Consultants LLC1001 Arboretum Dr Ste 2C
- AmeriSpec Inspection Service2829 Perry St Ste 205
- AT Pro Mitigation Systems927 Eisenhower Ave
- ABT Foundation Solutions Inc
- Construct Boss9401 W. Beloit Road Suite 202
- Construct Boss
- David Cook's Radon Services N2344 Harvey Ct
- David Cook's Radon Services
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- EPOXY INJECTION SPECIALISTS738-C SAUK RIDGE TRL
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- FRESH-AIRE SYSTEMS4734 RUTLAND DUNN TOWNLINE RD
- FRESH-AIRE SYSTEMS
- Jeff Wolf Contractor LLC2896 County Rd T
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- Jeff Wolf Contractor LLC
- Lifetime Radon Solutions824 Wells St
- Lifetime Radon Solutions
- N & N Electric5227 County Road M
- N & N Electric
- Wisconsin Inspection Consultants916 Silver Lake Dr. P.O. Box 340
- Wisconsin Inspection Consultants
- Zander Solutions421 S Nine Mound Rd
- Zander Solutions