If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Louisville, KY
There are 7 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Louisville
- United Dynamics IncThe front left corner of my house had some minor foundation settling that caused the basement wall foundation to crack. Patrick Lockhart quoted to dig the basement wall outside corner 8-10 ft down to add 2 foundation piers and anchored to bedrock. His crew, Nick (leader), Jose and Cesar arrived on time and quickly and expertly dug the 8' deep hole (including a tree stump that needed to be removed) and set in the two piers and tuck pointed up 2 stories of the brick wall where the crack gap had been. Prior to filling the hole, I requested a 4" drain tile be placed to aid me with a French drain I plan to add. Without batting an eye, Jose immediately agreed they would handle this task. Jose and Cesar made certain the yard was clean and ready for me to tackle my landscape stairs project. I was very impressed with the total job and would recommend them for your foundation pier project
- United Dynamics IncWork was completed in a professional and cost-effective manner. Mr.Byrd and his Project Manager Mr. Decker and associates, performed magnificently. They thoroughly planned the job and attacked it zealously. It was impressive to see the magnitude of the task and their complete comfort dealing with it. They were here on time every day until completion. I was very impressed by the the work ethic of everyone. Every crew member had his assignment, went immediately to work and conducted themselves impressively. It had the appearances of a well executed military operation. The job was completed on time and on budget. The few matters, that needed touch up after completion, were done promptly and superbly. I have no hesitation in recommending this company and its personnel for any work. This particular task came with an excellent warranty. Also, lest I forget, their home-office personnel are terrific. Telephone calls are handled promptly, professionally and in a most friendly manner
- United Dynamics IncTHEY are soooo wounderful......even repaied a crack I had out side of the home which they never said they would be fixing along with stablization of my basement walls. AAAAA++++++++ WORK. Cleaned up after their work....The basement was more clean than I left it!!!! I have friend that also used them and said they were tops
- United Dynamics IncTheir warranty lasts for the lifetime of the dwelling. Their field representative is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He was reassuring and he worked with my wife quite a bit to make sure it wasn't falling down the hill. They are extremely professional and extremely neat and tidy. They are a very strong company. They are very friendly and very professional. They clean and pick up after themselves very nicely. I can't say enough of good things about them
- Garber-Chilton Engineers & Land SurveyorsAfter getting quotes from 4 different foundation repair companies I decided to invest in the expertise of a structural engineer. Enter, Dave Chilton and assistant Harley. Both arrived promptly and Dave advised me and examined the situation. Harley took tons of photographs of the building and surroundings. After thoughtful consideration, I chose a company to do the work and got Dave's approval. You get what you pay for. Peace of mind is priceless
- Jaimes Masonry LLCIsabel was patient with me, meeting with me several times to discuss what needed to be done. He also met with the insurance adjuster and the engineer the insurance company sent out. While the insurance company did not pay a claim, they did provide agreement with Isabel aas to how to do the repairs. When I got past the sticker shock, then pulled together the funds, Isabel and his men came and did the job. Isabel took time regulary to show me exactly how things were and also explain to me what he was doing. We consulted together, and were able to save some money in the process which savings he passed on to me. His employees were all cordial, hard working, and diligent. I have not seen any collateral damage from sloppiness or carelessness. A couple little things unrelated to the main job came up or were observed by him and they were addressed at no additional charge. In the process of the job, I had occasion to talk to others in general construction work and everyone I spoke to about Isabel James of Shelbyville said they either knew him or had heard of him and everyone had nothing but good things to say about him. The only thing left to do in a couple days is pressure washing once the mortar sets. Otherwise I am completely satisfied with the work
- Garber-Chilton Engineers & Land SurveyorsGarber-Chilton Engineers and Land Surveyors gave a very professional and thorough investigation. We feel very confident in his capabilities and expertise.
- Garber-Chilton Engineers & Land SurveyorsI was very pleased with the report and the specific details on how my problems needed to be remedied.
- BOB ISGRIGG & ASSOCFantastic! I called several other surveyors and found that all other them wanted me to go get the deed for the property. I did not have time to deal with that aspect and felt that was their job. After speaking to Tanya, she was very helpful and set up the appointment. It was so easy and was done all over the phone! I can't say enough about how she was over the top and through
- Garber-Chilton Engineers & Land SurveyorsI started to see cracks in a couple of walls in my house, so I asked David Garber to inspect the house and see if there was any structural issues. David spent about two hours thoroughly measuring and inspecting my house and then followed-up with a nicely detailed report. He did an excellent job of explaining why I was seeing the cracks in the walls and whether I needed to make any repairs to insure the health of my home. Though the end result was that the house was just settling slightly, I thought the inspection was worth the money and time to give me peace of mind. I will not hesitate to call David in the future if I see any potential structural damage to the house
Structural Engineers in Louisville
- Business Description:Since 1989, we have been the foundation contractors you can turn to for competitive prices and top-quality workmanship in Kentucky & Indiana. United Dynamics, Inc. proudly provides effective, long-lasting basement waterproofing, foundation repair, and more. All our work is guaranteed, and we're committed to customer satisfaction. You can trust us for concrete services from repair to installationRecent Review:Jeff Lockhart, President of United Dynamics, inspected our home and determined that the few cracks were evidence of minimal slab settling - a common finding that required no remedy and did not suggest an impending disaster. It was a great relief to us, but he refused payment, since he insists on offering a free initial inspection!!John G.
- Business Description:Foundation Repair, Concrete Lifting and Crawl Space Solutions TFS is the regional leader of foundation repair, concrete lifting and crawl space solutions. Our purpose is to Redefine our Industry. We believe that by doing things differently, better, and with intention, our customers can live better lives, experiencing peace of mind. We look forward to meeting you, working with you, and helping you accomplish your goalsRecent Review:Very well. Thorough assessment without any upselling. Fair discount for work adjacent to the worst sinking that the company had performed 6 years before. On the first day, there was a delay due to rain. They worked until sunset on Friday, the third day, in order to finish up. Over the weekend, I spotted some odds and ends that needed attention. They sent the crew back promptly to clean upStephen E.
- Business Description:Here at Kevin Henshaw Home Inspections, we pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We strongly believe in giving our absolute best in all of our projects no matter how big or small. We are experts in our trade and will always keep you educated on your particular task or project. We look forward to earning your business
- Business Description:United Structural Systems is a family-owned business specializing in foundation repair, wall realignment, and waterproofing systems. We are constantly researching new and innovative ways to service our customers. Additional phone numbers - (304) 346-7777, (513) 561-0300. Additional fax - (513) 561-030. Additional DBA - Perma Jack - United Structural SystemsRecent Review:I was contacted by United Structural Systems quickly after I had made an online inquiry for a quote. Within a week, Bobby came and assessed my foundation issue and provided a quote. I was grateful that they were able to start my project so quickly. The crew (Chris, Dan, and Enrique) installed 5 piers around my garage in only one day. They successfully raised my garage over 2 inches and repaired all cracks and crevices in the brick and mortar perfectly. All the guys were respectful, professional, detail oriented, and pleasant to communicate with. <br /Jennifer M.
- Business Description:Here at Phillips Waterproofing we pride ourselves on the high quality work and commitment to customer satisfaction provided on every project. With over 40 years of experience in the industry we are a standard leader. Being owner operated means that the owner will be on every job making sure it gets done correctly the first time. Our attention to detail is second to none and we promise to deliver in a timely and highly professional manner on any project we take on. Phillips Waterproofing speci..Recent Review:The guys were so respectful and cleaned up the job after they were done! The young girl that answers the phone helped me so much, and was so sweet the whole time. I would highly recommend them to anyoneKarri G.
- Business Description:We are a full service, Basement Waterproofing, Foundation Restoration, Crawl Space Repair and Drainage solution company. We are the winner of 13 super service awards in multiple categories. Our Estimates are free, and most of the time can be scheduled the same day you contact us. Weekend appointments are available if needed. All inspectors are toughly trained. This means that you will always be seen by well qualified person with real experience that can get to the root of the issue and provi..Recent Review:I made an offer on a home contingent to the home inspection and found foundation problems that needed to be addressed as time is of essence I needed to find a foundation specialist I called several foundation specialist and no one answered finally I called advance restoration and waterproofing and they answered the phone in person and I told them that I was running out of time and need an estimate as soon as possible and they worked me and their schedule the next morning very professional and excellent worBick S.
- Business Description:Garber-Chilton has a 52 year history in the Louisville Metro area. We have expanded to include most of the counties within a 100 mile radius. We have 7 employees including a licensed engineer, two licensed land surveyors, a geologist, CAD designers, and drafters. Additional address - PO Box 425, La Grange, KY 40031. Additional emails - firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.comRecent Review:After getting quotes from 4 different foundation repair companies I decided to invest in the expertise of a structural engineer. Enter, Dave Chilton and assistant Harley. Both arrived promptly and Dave advised me and examined the situation. Harley took tons of photographs of the building and surroundings. After thoughtful consideration, I chose a company to do the work and got Dave's approval. You get what you pay for. Peace of mind is pricelessChristopher H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:To Expert House Movers <br /> We wanted to let you know just how pleased we are with the work you did on our house. Before we contacted you, we had several other contractors look at our home. We actually had hired another contractor, who took such a long time, never returned our calls, missed meetings, and took months to even get us our bid. And when that contractor did get us our bid, it was more than doubled our previously discussed budget! <br /> That is when we called you, you came out immediately, was extremely professional, but more importantly, you had a personal interaction with both me and my wife throughout the entire process. You answered all our phone calls, all of our questions, and talked with us throughout the entire process. We felt extremely confident and assured through the entire lift. This house is our dream house and we are going to live in it until we die, and you knew how much it meant to us, and you took care of it as if it were your own. <br /> As you know, my wife ended up in the hospital with some complications with her surgery while you were working on our home, and you took such great care of our house. You knew she was very disappointed that she could not be there, as she designed the foundation window placements and had a big part in the doors and steps. Your crew was so kind and so professional and meticulous, that they knew that two particular windows were very important to my wife. Your crew wanted to get them perfect and asked me some questions about them, that I could not answer. My wife was feeling better, but still in the hospital, and I called her on the phone, while your crew waited for me, as she and I discussed for several minutes the exact placement of the windows. Some minor changes had to be made and your crew could have easily just slapped the two windows in the new location, which was only slightly off of the original plan, and be done with it, but they stopped and pointed out where my wife originally wanted them and the new location difference and wanted to be sure that my wife understood the change, and wanted me to talk to my wife first. I was so very impressed that they made the adjustments on the spot that my wife suggested over the phone. I don’t think any other company would have gone through this much trouble to please their customers! <br /> You also were very respectful of our property, neighbors, and your crew were always very willing to stop and explain the process of what was going to happen next. Not one time did we ever feel like we were in your way. Actually, it was the opposite, we felt like you and your crew were very excited to show us your equipment and how it worked and actually wanted us around so we could see how it all worked and so we could see for ourselves how everything was perfect - and it was! <br /> We will always remember you and think of you so highly. Thank you for making the beginning our home building so easy and off to such a perfect start. There are so many things that can go wrong when redoing a home, and having it go off with such a perfect start gives us such great hope. You have certainly set bar very high for the other contractors that will be coming in for the other parts of the home! Your company and its crew should be very proud of its work. You do a job that is very difficult, complex and tedious, but you do it with care, expertise, and perfection. We actually miss you guys and wish you were around. You are like family to us. We only wish we could rate your service and staff A++ , if there were such a rating. <br /> All our best and blessings, <br /> Randy and Elizabeth <br /Randy W.
- Business Description:Thanks for allowing us to serve you and your community for over 15 years. We are Lexington, Owensboro, and Central Kentuckys Award Winning Design/Build Remodeling Company. Design/Build is having Professional Interior Designers on staff to show you what your home remodeling project will look like (even in 3-D), guide you in selections and hand hold you throughout the project. Then having project managers, lead carpenters, quality craftsman and trade partners to build and remodel your dream. We..Recent Review:It went really well from the start, I had a deadline that I thought was pretty tough, but J & R Construction wasn't phased by it at all. Jimmy and Josh both came out to discuss the details with me at the property and advised me on what they recommended I do and how the options would go. Then they went back to the office and estimated the project and got me an official written estimate. The job did not exceed that estimate and they met the deadline. There were multiple elements involved, electrical, ceiling fan, removal of a garage door, drywall, flooring, vinyl siding, a window, air-conditioning unit, etc. I'm very happy with the results and I highly recommend them to my friends and family for any of their remodeling projects so I also recommend them here on Angie's ListJohn T.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated foundation and structure repair company serving the Tri-State area since 2007. We take great pride in our promise that you will be satisfied because we always strive to exceed expectations. We guarantee that all work is performed to structural engineer standards and back everything we do with a lifetime fully transferable warranty. We are the guys who treat your home like it were our own. C. Jackson Construction LLC is a business of unsurpassed quality and ..Recent Review:Mr. Jackson was very upfront with the costs and several options each time of how he could fix the problems. <br /> We were very pleased with the results and would call on him again. <br />Tina M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Do you have a suspicious support beam in your home with signs of dry rot, water damage, or—dare we say it—termites? The cost to replace a rotted support beam will take all these causes into account, as well as your unique home design.
Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
structural engineers in Louisville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Advanced Restoration & Waterproofing2981 State Rd 45
Nashville, Indiana 47448
- Advanced Restoration & Waterproofing
- C. Jackson Construction LLC8879 Locust Street
Cross Plains, Indiana 47017
- C. Jackson Construction LLC
- Full Spectrum Construction Inc12507 Brightfield Dr
Louisville, Kentucky 40243
- Full Spectrum Construction Inc
- Garber-Chilton Engineers & Land Surveyors2249 Commerce Parkway, Suite #2
La Grange, Kentucky 40031
- Garber-Chilton Engineers & Land Surveyors
- ICON Engineering And Inspection Services PLLC35 Public Square
Elizabethtown, Kentucky 42701
- ICON Engineering And Inspection Services PLLC
- J & R Construction Services Inc633 W Main St 121 East 2nd Street, Suite 151 Owensboro, KY 42303
Lexington, Kentucky 40508
- J & R Construction Services Inc
- Kevin Henshaw Home Inspections7630 Dover Rd
Shelbyville, Kentucky 40065
- Kevin Henshaw Home Inspections
- Meineke Car Care Ctr
Louisville, Kentucky 40243
- Meineke Car Care Ctr
- Phillips Waterproofing175 Rainbow Dr
Columbia, Kentucky 42728
- Phillips Waterproofing
- SK Construction9226 Vevey Rd.
Louisville, Kentucky 40291
- SK Construction
- Zimmer & Kohl Contracting Co.9016 Taylorsville Rd. 221
Louisville, Kentucky 40299
- Zimmer & Kohl Contracting Co.