United Structural Systems Ltd Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since September 2009

723 Chenault Bridge Rd

Lancaster, KY 40444

United Structural Systems is a family-owned business specializing in foundation repair, wall realignment, and waterproofing systems. We are constantly researching new and innovative ways to service our customers. Additional phone numbers - (304) 346-7777, (513) 561-0300. Additional fax - (513)

06/20/2020

Lana Y.

My first encounter with United Structural Systems company ( USS) was last year, when I had to face the decision which company I go for foundation repair at my house in West Virginia. It was equal bids on my project from two companies USS and Alltek. Unfortunately for me, I made the decision to go with Alltek Environmental Services company at that time. Foundation repair was finished in August 2019 by Alltek (please read my review, that I placed separately for Alltek). 48,000 dollars payment later foundation been done. I finally be able to place my house for sale this year and come to realization, after inspection is done on the house, that it is a presence of water leak in the storage area. I could not believe, how it is possible, when the foundation repair was just done 8 months ago. I guess, things were not done properly after all. After numerous attempts to contact Alltek company, I finally be able to get the response with another promise to “fix it” in the amount of $9,200 or later for free…if I take off my review of their company from homeadvisor.com. Lack of professionalism, poor craftsmanship and PR was major disappointment for me. To be honest, after I been treating inferiorly by Alltek, I did not have any desire to go back to the same company. I was looking for second opinion how to resolve these issues. I decided to reach out again United Structural (who I was hoped to remember me from last year) and explain my dilemma. Bobby K. (Sales Manager for USS) come to the rescue! He was willing to give me his unbiased opinion on the situation. Bobby K, “commander in charge”, went to the house and informed me, that “downspout lines were never installed, the part on top of the ground went nowhere and tie back patch was poor quality”. Simply put it, Alltek did a mediocre job. I immediately made the decision go ahead and proceed with United Structural Systems company for repair of the mistakes. I cannot say enough praise for the USS company and manager Bobby K. This re-du project was done in timely matter, communication was superior ( needless to say I live out of state and it was never an issue), area after the job was clean up to perfection and…the garage/storage area now look dry bone and beautiful. Awhhhh... maybe I should not sell my house after all?! I have a buyer on the house, and I am closing in 2 weeks and can say with all honesty, I could not do that without United Structural help. It was exceedingly difficult situation for me, and it was resolved by USS company with flying colors. Thank you again USS. I recommend you without any hesitation!!! Your company should be proud of to provide such an excellent service and have knowledgeable, competent and skillful experts. Lana Y, Rochester, NY “We are NY tough”

Description of Work
water leak in the storage area

Category basement waterproofing

[Member Name Removed], I cannot thank you enough for the kind words. It is always reassuring to hear our team is representative of our core ethics. I do wish it were under better circumstances. Thank you again for putting your trust in USS. Brian L

09/12/2018

Amy B.

They gave us pages full of references, when I tried to contact no one responded

Description of Work
Waterproofing basement

Category foundation repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the feedback, I do apologize if we have missed any communication from you. I have searched our database and contacted each of our receptionist and we have no record of you contacting our office. If you do not mind please let me know how you tried to contact USS so that we may correct any wrong numbers on our advertising? If you still need assistance we would very much appreciate the opportunity. Our direct line is 800-555-8970 it is available 24 hours a day. Again, I appreciate your feedback any additional information would help me resolve this issue. I will personally make sure that you receive our full attention. Thank you for your time. Brian Lockhart

11/28/2017

JOAN K.

He did an excellent job of inspecting and advising what our options were. Fortunately one of them was to monitor for any change. If we have to have any work done in the future, United Structural Systems will be the first we call. We were very impressed with their professionalism.

Description of Work
We had a concern about the foundation of a room that had been added on.

Category foundation repair

[Member Name Removed] thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We will continue to try and improve all of our services. We are extremely grateful to have an opportunity to service our community.

07/12/2016

James S.

06/15/2016

John S.

Description of Work
Did not respond

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Mr. [Removed Member Name], We have no record of you contacting our company. We have searched by address and your name. I have also reached out to our all of our Representatives in the field to see if you had contacted them directly, not through our office. They have no record of your contact. If we can be of service please call the office anytime 24 hours. 800-555-8970

04/27/2016

Michael B.

04/22/2016

Kevin E.

12/25/2015

M C.

07/28/2015

SUSAN S.

I found them on Angie's List. They were very responsive and called me back right away. They were busy and sent someone out within a week or so. He looked at our property, we had some steps that were eroding and we don't need their services at all. He suggested getting a general contractor and rerouting the water away from our house, the drainage. It was good. It was just an estimate, so there wasn't a charge. Since he couldn't see anything that they could do, then there was no charge. He was very helpful and honest. He was very knowledgeable and I felt he knew what he was talking about. I appreciated that he didn't try to do a service that we didn't need. They got very high reviews.

Description of Work
United Structural Systems Incorporated looked at our property.

06/30/2015

Bill M.

found a closer provider.

Description of Work
Submitted Quote/Estimate

01/13/2015

John M.

Came promptly and examined house from top to bottom. Advised several areas that needed attention and recommended corrections that improved structure and appearance. Saved me money that I might have spent on products from other structure providers. His knowledge was very reassuring.

Description of Work
Inspected structure for damage. Advised that settling did not require jacking up foundation.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

09/10/2014

julie C.

Description of Work
installed a vapor shield in crawl space. installed a pipe for water to run out of crawl space.

08/29/2014

Rick F.

Description of Work
Stabilized foundation. Injected concrete beneath garage floor to raise it back in place. Excellent job all around.

07/17/2014

Jennifer M.

I was contacted by United Structural Systems quickly after I had made an online inquiry for a quote. Within a week, Bobby came and assessed my foundation issue and provided a quote. I was grateful that they were able to start my project so quickly. The crew (Chris, Dan, and Enrique) installed 5 piers around my garage in only one day. They successfully raised my garage over 2 inches and repaired all cracks and crevices in the brick and mortar perfectly. All the guys were respectful, professional, detail oriented, and pleasant to communicate with.

Description of Work
I had foundation problems in the garage of my 1978 brick ranch. Because of the settlement, the brick around the garage had multiple issues - vertical cracking, stair-step cracking, and it was falling away from the structure.

04/22/2014

Teresa O.

Description of Work
They placed support beams in our basement and added a drainage system in our backyard to keep water away from the foundation. |They were very professional. This is a rental house of ours and the sister company has done work at our home in Louisville also. I would highly recommend them

01/07/2014

Martin S.

Estimate too high. Did not use.

Description of Work
Provided estimate.

10/08/2013

James H.

Arrived on time as scheduled and completed as scheduled, cleaned up and responded to all questions and comments. Very helpful, professional, definitely knowledgeable and technical on work. Great to work with and would use again.

Description of Work
Engineering review and recommendation to repair addition of 12' x 17' slab from further settlement and damage. Installed helical piers under foundation and raised building addition, tuck pointed break in crack area, repaired basement wall crack by injection sealant to stop water leak.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, structural engineer, mudjacking, foundation repair

08/27/2013

Ronnie R.

Description of Work
informed us on details of what needed to be done and how they would go about doing it they left phamplets on how they do it

07/02/2013

Amy M.

Awesome!!! The team did a great job! I honestly watched my house move which scared me to know how bad it was!!!! Chris was honest and a great person to work with and his team was great!!! They invited my boys to watch them work and watch the piers being driven! The house is stable!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Provided support beams to keep our home from continuing its sinking!!!

05/28/2013

Mona M.

Excellent, on time, professional not too chatty not pushy.

Description of Work
Looked at foundation of house and crawl spaces. Determined the problem was not foundational. Referred 2 business to meet our needs. Also followed up.

04/29/2013

Barbara L.

We were told that our foundation was in terrible shape. We wanted a second opinion and called United Structural Systems. United Structural was prompt in returning our call and setting up an inspection date. They arrived on time and the serviceman was very professional. He was mindful of my home and was careful to not track in dirt. He inspected both inside and out, in the basement and upstairs. He identified the problem and told us that our concrete cracks were cosmetic in nature and not harmful to the structural integrity of our home. Others had wanted to do do expensive and unneeded work installing sump pumps etc. The gentleman from United Structural had things that he could have sold us but said it was not necessary at this time. We appreciated his honesty and efficiency. If we should come up on problems in the future, we will certainly call on United Structural and would recommend this company to anyone - even our friends.

Description of Work
United Structural Systems inspected our foundation.

09/15/2012

Lynne G.

USS was called when inspection for sale of mother's house noted cracks in wall. They worked us into their schedule to facilitate sale work was completed in one day; workmen were pleasant and left the basement in good order. Only problem was buyer cancelled contract later! :(

Description of Work
USS installed 6 steel 4'' I beams on basement wall of mother's house in Danville, KY.

Category structural engineer

Member, This was a difficult situation due to the timing. We had to really push our schedule in hope of helping your sale run smooth. Call us anytime you have a structural or waterproofing concern and we will get there well before the home goes to market. Thank you for your business and taking the time to post your comments.

09/12/2012

Sheila C.

They were here as slated on time, did job and left. Same day job finished.

Description of Work
Made my footer foundation sounder with two steps, new mortar on bricks put in plaster vapor in crawl space. Tuck pain bricks.

Category foundation repair

Member, It was wonderful meeting you and a pleasure working for you. Thank you

01/12/2012

Jeffrey W.

Everything went as planned; workers were invariably polite, professional and just flatly first rate. They showed up when they said they would, informed me if they weren't coming due to inclement weather, and the job (a considerable amount of work) was done in the amount of time they estimated almost to the day. Concrete replacement work was carefully done. I would add: there was no hard sell, no slick reports: just a professional who came to the house, did the estimate, and stated when the work would begin. They were slightly more expensive than some local firms, but I appreciated that they didn't waste my time suggesting cheaper "band-aid" approaches to what was a very serious problem. They looked at the situation, said what needed to be done, explained everything clearly and succinctly. And, they guarantee their work for the life of the structure.

Description of Work
Excavated the exterior foundation walls down to the top of footing, cleaned foundation walls, applied waterproofing membrane, installed protection boards, installed exterior foundation drain system at top of footing, backfilled with limestone (75%) and existing soil. Installed steel I-beams to stabilize the lateral movement of foundation wall on three sides of the foundation. Removed and replaced sections of concrete needed to extend foundation drain system. Removed and replaced patio.

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

09/29/2011

Marilyn J.

We were impressed with the sales information and when they began the work to the exterior support system of our home we were equally impressed. They sent 3 guys and they were the best 3 guys we've ever had work on our home. They did great a great job and completed in one day.

Description of Work
I saw and ad about them on a National TV station and we were having a problem with settlement of our foundation and cracking of the exterior support system. We decided to hire them after discussing our needs with them.

Category structural engineer, foundation repair

J&G construction

Phillips Waterproofing

Here at Phillips Waterproofing we pride ourselves on the high quality work and commitment to customer satisfaction provided on every project. With over 40 years of experience in the industry we are a standard leader. Being owner operated means that the owner will be on every job making sure it gets done correctly the first time. Our attention to detail is second to none and we promise to deliver in a timely and highly professional manner on any project we take on. Phillips Waterproofing specializes in residential, commercial waterproofing and concrete work. We look forward to taking on your project. Lifetime guarantee. Free Estimates. Additional email: info@phillipswaterproofing.com

Acculevel Inc

Acculevel is your foundation repair expert, serving Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio and been in business since 1996. Most of our repairs come with a life of the structure warranty. Acculevel begins by evaluating your entire foundation system, checking your property for the signs and causes of foundation failure. From foundation & crawlspace repair to waterproofing & encapsulation systems, Acculevel can help you protect your home-- possibly the most valuable investment you'll ever make. A dry home is a healthy home. Acculevel is committed to providing the most technologically advanced repairs to help keep your home dry and on a safe foundation. A strong foundation protects your home's structure, lowers utility bills and maintains the value of your property. Check our pictures for the signs & symptoms of foundation & water damage, and then call Acculevel for your free visual inspection. 1-866-669-3349

Offers Coupon

MasterCard, Check, Visa, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Financing Available

Foundation Repair, Waterproofing, Wall Realignment. Concrete Repair – Crack & Cracked Brick. New Construction Piers.