How much does it cost to clear land? The answer depends on the size of the terrain, how densely forested it is, and the site’s general accessibility.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Harrisburg, PA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Harrisburg
- MagNorthWe recently used Scott Hogg for a property survey and would highly recommend his surveying expertise. Scott was very professional, easy to work with and reasonably priced. He provided a quote clearly summarizing the surveying options available and showed up on time. He clearly explained the process and thoroughly completed the task, making sure we were aware of all of the property markers. We would use him again for future surveying needs
- Berks Surveying & Engineering, Inc.Needed property lines corners and mid points marked for future landscaping wall and fence building work. Checked Angies"s list for surveying companies in my area. Found Berks Surveying & Engineering, Inc.. Read there reviews and ratings and logged onto there web site. Filled out there form with my information and what work I needed to be performed. My email requested was answered super fast within 1 or 2 days. Not like some companies, even ones with great ratings on Angie's list, communication between me and Berks Surveying was fantastic. Office manage Cindy Cunard-Hogan kept me up to date with emails and phone calls on my work and price request. Price was agreed on. Contract for me to sign was mailed out and I was able to put a deposit on the work using my credit card. Scope of there work was: 1. Court house research, deed analysis and computer calculations. 2. Boundary surveying of tract and locate property corners. 3. Marking of property corners with steel rebar pins and set pins at midpoint on property. When I notice that corners would be marked with steel rebar, a quick call to Cindy and we both agreed that we need to have the underground gas, sewer, water, cable and electric lines marked before any work started. Called Cindy and told her all lines were marked. She said work would be done within one or two days, weather permitting. No need to call back over and over again of when work would start, Work was done in 2 days. All property corners and mid point were clearly marked by a wooden stake with pink tag and steel rebar. Our property is a lot larger than I thought, I guess that means we have more grass to cut. My total experience with Berks Surveying EXCELLANT!!!!!!!!! " 0 problems". Work , emails, phone, communications were all FIRST CLASS
- Land Grant SurveyorsA business contact suggested Land Grant Surveyors. I called them and spoke to a gentleman who said they could gladly perform said service. He emailed me within a day with specific researched details on my lot and attached an agreement for service which spelled out exactly what the survey would include and what the cost would be. I was told they were scheduling about a week and a half to two weeks out. They actually fit me in three days later. The field surveyor (Mike) was great. He explained to me exactly what he was doing, found buried property markers that I did not know were present, and verified/marked and/or newly marked the four corners of my property. He also thoroughly staked out each area along the borders where there was any question as to whether or not trees were mine or my neighbors. This was a very positive experience and I certainly recommend this company
- Weber Surveyors IncAfter speaking with various surveyors, Weber was clearly the most knowledgeable and easiest to work with. We had purchased our property in 2008, and the house had been built in 1995. We could only find one rebar marker which the previous surveying firm would have used. Weber informed us of the difference between contractor markers (which are wrong) and the official markers which we could only find 1 of 4. Weber pulled up the deed information while on the phone with us and an estimated price based on most of the markers missing. Our estimate was $500 to $1,000. They came during the day in a very timely manner and clearly marked all locations for us so we now have official markers and reclaimed a major majority of our land that neighbors were encroaching upon, unbeknownst to our neighbors since markers were missing. We now know where to put the fence line legally without any issues. We expected the bill to be on the high end of $1,000 since we only had 1 official marker, but our bill was surprisingly low at $573 which is due within 30 days via check from the time you receive the bill. I just cannot say enough about how OUTSTANDING their service is and the knowledge and helpfulness they possess. I HIGHLY recommend them for all your survey needs. There are not many firms anymore with the thoroughness and customer service that they possess at a "real" estimate
- Shaw Surveying IncMr. Myers was able to give me a great deal of information about the lot, some from his records plus some helpful details from his memory, even though it was quite some time ago. In addition he gave me advice and cautioned me about its unsuitability for use as a building lot, and made sure I understood the hurdles I would encounter if I tried to proceed. He was very knowledgeable about the area and about the regulations for land development. He was extremely patient and unhurried. I am the type who asks a lot of questions, and not only was he patient with me but he basically made me see that I had not really asked enough questions, and tried to fill in the gaps by offering information I wouldn?t have known to ask, some of which seemed like it could have been above and beyond the scope of his responsibilities. This was all very valuable information which I had thought I wouldn't be able to find out until it was too late and I was stuck with the lot. I would not hesitate to use this company should I have any need for surveying in the future
- Beyond All Boundaries LLCThey were local, so they were already sort of familiar with our property line, to begin with. Their price was a lot more reasonable than we had seen from other companies. They're very prompt. They did a very good job on marking our property line. We have an irregular shaped property in our back yard and they did a good job figuring the boundaries out
- Beyond All Boundaries LLCI asked for a "Ball Park" figure so that we would have enough money to pay them. They came within the week, did what they had to do and left. Within a about a week or so we received the paper work in the mail. The enclosed bill was even lower then the lowest quote! All the people we talked to were friendly and polite. Would advise people to use them
- Shaw Surveying IncJohn was very easy to work with and up front with the job. I called Shaw Surveying Inc. when talking to John he really didn't think he was going to be able to do my job because of I live out of his area. I got lucky he had a job that was some what closed to me. He called me back and told me that he forgot that he had a job somewhat closed to me and when he was done with that job he would came over and look at the job. Found my pins and told me he would do the job right now if I would like him to do the job I told him to go for it he marked my back line and I was vary happy with what he did he found pins that I didn't know they were there the hole 15 years I lived here (THEY DID A AWESOME JOB SO GLADE IT WORKED OUT FOR ME) I'm a very happy customer Mik
- Beyond All Boundaries LLCWith little information available, the survey team researched the neighborhood lot plans to perform the survey. The team were professional and communicative. They delivered what they promised and, all things considered, performed the work at a reasonable cost.
- Biscon Land Surveying Co IncBeautifully - they were far cheaper than any of the other five companies I called, responded very rapidly, and did a great job.
Last update on May 7, 2020
Land Surveyors in Harrisburg
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Harrisburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Land Grant Surveyors3904 Abel Drive
Columbia, Pennsylvania 17512
- Land Grant Surveyors
- MagNorth230 Crosswind Way
Lebanon, Pennsylvania 17042
- Weber Surveyors Inc931 Stony Battery Rd
Landisville, Pennsylvania 17538
- Weber Surveyors Inc