The cost to install an electric fence depends on your yard size and how many animals you own. We’ll cover all the costs of installing an electric fence here.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Chicago, IL
There are 6 highly-rated local dog fence installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dog Fencing Reviews in Chicago
- CLASSIC FENCE INCExcellent work-very professional company-hard working crew-did a nice job from start to finish-I would hire again.
- PROFESSIONAL FENCE REPAIRSue contacted me within 24 hours. I provided photos and Armando (for whom no problem was a problem) came and estimated. Came back on time (Which was the day after tornadoes) fixed original issue with back-gate and post AND fixed storm damage with another 3 posts on that day. Armando was terrific and I would strongly recommend this company
- CLASSIC FENCE INCNew wooden fenceIt went very well they were nice they were fast they did a great job fair price couldn’t really of asked for any better job
- CLASSIC FENCE INCI am very satisfied by their work! They provided outstanding service. The fence is very sturdy and it is a joy to watch my dog run around! I strongly recommend them!
- CLASSIC FENCE INCInstallation went extremely well, over two day period--first day to dig and set fence posts, second day to install fencing. Excellent attention to detail. Cleaned up after installation.Would recommend this firm to anyone.
- CLASSIC FENCE INCWe have not used them yet but are working on it. We have a dog but the neighbors behind our house and side of our house have two dogs. The neighbor that lives behind our house has their fence line running the length of almost both the houses because we live side by side. So, we were thinking of having more privacy from both sides. Our dog started digging and making a tunnel underneath because they have a picket fence. We have a pit bull and we have a regulation that we should be having them on a leash. We can’t be in our yard 24/7 to watch him though he is not doing it all the time but we don’t want to have any problems. So, all the three of us are debating on what needs to be done. We were actually quite pleased with the quote and everything else from this organization. They guarantee their work. We had actually called another place who said they would come back with a quote but never showed up and never called back though we left 5-6 messages. We looked online and found Classic Fence Inc. We looked at their stuff online and liked what we saw. We read a lot of letters that were there from clients and everything. Their quote was very reasonable for what we were looking for. They had a guarantee while most places don’t guarantee what they do. We were impressed with their experience, the way they set up the appointment and showed up for the appointment too. While we waited they went to the car and quoted us immediately. They guaranteed their price for three months and if we were not ready in three months they asked us to call back so they could verify if the quote was still correct or they said they would lower it depending on expenses because sometimes it goes down. They are willing to pull out the old fence and put the new fence in. It is a small fee but we don’t have to do it. They were very cordial, polite and respective. They didn’t want to walk on the grass and walked on the concrete blocks
- Dog Guard of IL.,IncSeamless. Chris is amazing. He's super friendly, communicative, fair, responsive and helpful. He took a 50% deposit over the phone and got me on the schedule for the following week. He came out, walked the property and had the whole job (my lot is large) done in about 2.5 hours. Chris's training of both the owner and the dog are awesome. My sister used a different company and, even though they provide 4 training sessions, her 85 lb dog had issues with the fence. We followed Chris's method to the letter--except my dog did so well that we got it done in 2.5 weeks instead of a month. I would highly recommend going with Chris. If you do, listen to him and follow his advice. He really knows what he's doing
- DogWatch by C No Pet FenceProfessional installation, Personal Training on how to use fence and train dog. Would definitely recommend this company.
- DogWatch by C No Pet FenceGreat service, and very qualified staff and dog trainers. We are loving the freedom the fence gives us and the dog. When we had issues, they came back out and worked with us and our dog again. They even came back another time, with their dog, so we could work with our dog and her tendency to break through the fence when there was a dog on the other side
- DogWatch by C No Pet FenceWe needed the fence b/c we couldn't put a hardscape fence in our front yard and the village was doing construction on our road all summer. The heavy machinery was spooking the animals and they were running. The team was very friendly, explained options for installation, performed the install and did the initial training for pets/owners. The installation person was exceptionally hard-working. The training was a little informal, but very adequate for the needs of our dogs. Very satisfied
Last update on December 1, 2020
Dog Fence Installers in Chicago
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dog fence installer articles
Learn about keeping rabbits out of garden patches using common methods. Find out which organic and man-made deterrents, such as fences, are most effective.
Keep your dog safe by securing your yard and offering more stimulation and schooling. These tips will help keep your pup from running away from home.
Find dog fence installers in
Fence Companies in Chicago, IL
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A+ Underground Pet Fencing, Inc. 1041 White Plains Ln
Yorkville, Illinois 60560
- Action Fence Contractors Inc945 Tower Rd
Mundelein, Illinois 60060
- Aluminum Fences Direct9660 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 138, 238
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
- America's Backyard Fencing & Decking1909 South Briggs Street
Joliet, Illinois 60433
- A+ Underground Pet Fencing, Inc.
- Custom Built Fence & Deck440 W Shady Lane Rd
Palatine, Illinois 60074
- Custom Built Fence & Deck
- DogWatch by C No Pet Fence5306 Rfd Rt 83
Long Grove, Illinois 60047
- DogWatch by C No Pet Fence
- Fence on the Mend470 Doxbury Ln
New Lenox, Illinois 60451
- Fence on the Mend
- Gorilla Cages Inc13636 S Western Ave B
Blue Island, Illinois 60406
- Gorilla Cages Inc
- Mike Meier & Sons Fence Manufacturers7501 Meyer Rd
Spring Grove, Illinois 60081
- Mike Meier & Sons Fence Manufacturers
Dog fence installers that service Chicago
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.