Before embarking upon the exciting journey of finding your dream home, it helps to develop a solid wish list in advance.
What do you consider must-haves and what can be compromised? Are quality schools most important to you or being within walking distance from your favorite bars and coffee shops? How long are you willing to commute to work?
Would you be willing to commute longer in order to enjoy home features?
Before beginning your home search, start asking yourself these questions. Create a list as you consider the following factors and share it with your real estate agent.
• Top five ideal locations by neighborhood
• Proximity to public transportation
• Access to major roads or highways
• Nearness to parks and other community amenities
• Quality of school district
• Length of work commute
• Prevalence of shopping, restaurants and other local businesses
• Single-family home, condo or other type of housing
• Historic or new construction
• Yard or outdoor features, such as a deck, porch, balcony, etc.
• Views and natural surroundings
• Number of bedrooms and bathrooms
• Formal dining room, den or office
• Sustainable or green features
• Type of flooring
• Type of HVAC system
• Garage, storage and other needs