Installing a new fence can improve the appearance of your yard in addition to offering privacy. Homeowners, though, may be surprised by the hidden costs.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Winston Salem, NC
There are 5 highly-rated local dog fence installers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dog Fencing Reviews in Winston Salem
- Freedom Dog FenceExcellent repair job with absolutely no complaints. This review is after posting a 3 star review a few days ago for not returning my phone calls. I was contacted on Monday and given an apology with explanation that the company had been short staffed and had tried to contact me earlier, apparently the call going to my Spam box. On 12-14-22, Tyler arrived at 11 AM and immediately went to work to locate the trouble with my underground dog fence. Apparently several breaks were located and repaired, about a 2 hour job. Tyler was very professional and apologetic for not getting out sooner and reduced my service bill by 50% for any inconvenience experienced. I tried to remove the earlier comments posted a few days back but was unsuccessful, thus this new review. Outstanding and pleased with the repair
- Beaver FencingPerfect fence, went up quickly, & easy to work with. Addressed all questions promptly and clearly. Side note- the workers were very patient and nice to my curious children. I was specifically impressed with the gates.
- DISCOUNT RENOVATIONSi have used Shane services for close to a decade now and have never been disappointed with him or his work. He Built my 2nd story back deck, cut out and framed an interior wall window, installed glass panels in my kitchen cabinents, cleaned and installed gutter guards on my rain gutters. he has also installed outdoor flood lights and 3 way electrical outdoor light switches and outdoor outlet. He has also installed ceiling fans and a chandelier in the foyer with a cathedral ceiling. Shane has installed a bathroom toilet and kitchen sink. in fact he stayed until 9:30 pm that night to finish the job right. he also stayed until 10pm one other night in the pouring rain on the roof fixing a leak. He always goes above and beyond what you would expect. The bridge you see in his photo album is the bridge he built for me in the back yard and I have been extremely happy with his craftsmanship not only with the bridge but with everything he has done for me. I will never call for another contractor. Shane is reliable, trustworthy, talented and hard working. I never let anyone in my house unless I'm home except for Shane. I have total trust and faith in him and my dogs also love him. he is great with them and treats them as if they are his own. Shane has become not only my contractor but a true friend
- Diversified Fence Builders IncTony the Salesman came out on time to give us a quote. The two installers (Sigi and Chris) were very prompt and professional. The ladies in the office were great to work with on all the arrangements. I definitely recommend Diversified Fence and would use them again.
- Beaver FencingVery well. James communicates and is punctual. He listened to what we wanted and made good suggestions and final cost was much cheaper than Lowe's and very fair. My pictures don't do his work and the job justice...
- Freedom Dog Fencethey were on site as scheduled, did a wonderful install in a very timely manner. I would hire again and definitely recommend to anyone needing this service.
- DogWatch Hidden Fence of the TriadEvery aspect of the process, from sales to installation was has done punctually, professionally, and with a great deal of information provided. I would highly recommend them for others seeking a pet fence solution.
- Diversified Fence Builders IncThey did a great job tearing down existing fence, hauling away and installing new fence in one day. Very professional, prompt and reasonably priced.
- Invisible Fence of the TriadI am really impressed by the professionalism of this business. We recently moved to a house that had an existing Invisible Fence, and then adopted a shelter dog. The person with whom we spoke on the phone told us the name of the service technician who would be coming to our home, so we knew who to expect. Dustin, who first came out to evaluate, and Dan and Chris, who came to repair the existing equipment and train us, were knowledgeable, prompt, and very helpful. Dan in particular could see that I was getting overwhelmed with some of the dog's behavior and gave me some very specific guidance on how to address it. I was able to see changes even before he left the service call! Invisible Fence is not cheap, but so far they have provided excellent service and support and I am very pleased
- Diversified Fence Builders IncThis company was the best out of those I asked for a quote from. Very professional it was completed on the date they had stated it would be. Their price was fair though I discovered fencing is not cheap no matter who does it. The finished product looks great
Last update on December 15, 2022
Dog Fence Installers in Winston Salem
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dog fence installer articles
Learning how to build a dog house can save you money and give your pup a special place of their own. Here's a step-by-step guide to building a DIY dog house.
Keep your dog safe by securing your yard and offering more stimulation and schooling. These tips will help keep your pup from running away from home.
Find dog fence installers in
- Rural Hall,
- Bermuda Run,
- Belews Creek,
- Oak Ridge,
- Walnut Cove,
- High Point,
- East Bend,
Fence Companies in Winston Salem, NC
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- CONTAIN-A-PETP.O. BOX 392
Kernersville, North Carolina 27285
- Freedom Dog Fence269 Ridge St
Lexington, North Carolina 27295
- Freedom Dog Fence
- Handyman Solutions Co.5000 lassiter mill rd
ASHEBORO, North Carolina 27205
- Handyman Solutions Co.
- Invisible Fence of the Triad5204 West Market Street
Greensboro, North Carolina 27409
- Invisible Fence of the Triad
- JC's Contracting LLCPO Box 1817
Apex, North Carolina 27502
- JC's Contracting LLC
- Mercer Construction Group, LLC2641 Lunsford Rd
Summerfield, North Carolina 27358
- Mercer Construction Group, LLC
- NEIGHBORHOOD HANDYMANPO Box 1109
RANDOLPH, Massachusetts 02368
- NEIGHBORHOOD HANDYMAN
- Z N Cobb BuildersP.O.Box 340481
Columbus, Ohio 43234
- Z N Cobb Builders
Dog fence installers that service Winston Salem
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.