When you’re ready to remove the popcorn ceiling in your bedroom, who do you call? Find out who to hire for this project—and if this is something you can DIY.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Sophia, WV
There are 1 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Drywall Reviews in Sophia
- Craig‘s Electric LLCWe really like the finished ceiling project! The men are very professional and do excellent work! The Handy Guys will be remodeling our bathroom soon. Several other projects coming up soon. We highly recommend The Handy Guys!
- Gideon's General ConstructionWent well. Came every day and got it all done. I will use them again for our other bathroom remodel.
- Jeff Maltby DrywallJeff Maltby Drywall has been a godsend. Earlier this year, I had hired a young lad to drywall the lower level of a house I was preparing to sell. The young fellow had worked several days and was doing an OK job, when one Thursday, he did not show up to work. I haven't seen him since. I turned to Angie's List for resolution and found Jeff Maltby Drywall. Jeff and his team completed the lower level effort in just a couple of days, and at a very reasonable cost. His work was superior in quality, completed on schedule and on cost. Because of his excellent work in the lower level, I asked Jeff to repair and texture the kitchen walls and ceiling and also assist with upstairs bath remodel. Again, a superior job with the right materials (waterproof around the tub/shower); and he even installed our new vanity (which was a tight fit). Additionally, Jeff helped me find a plumber and electrician who also presented the highest quality work at a fair and reasonable price. I am so confident in Jeff that I will follow his recommendations for hardwood floor refinisher and tile installer. Jeff and his team do superior work, and I also have confidence in his recommendations for related work. Tom & Linda
- Alberto Fine CarpentryDomenic did a great job at bringing my basement back to normal after it flooded. Not only did he repair what was damaged, but he also offered valuable advice should we have issues again. He showed up on time and kept the area extremely clean even while cutting materials. He left each day with things neat and orderly and finished the job ahead of schedule. His prices were extremely reasonable for the quality of work and professionalism exhibited. Highly recommend him for whatever your needs may be
- Robinson and Son ConstructionIn January we had a chimney break that brought soot into the house. To locate the problem in January the fire department and an electrician had to cut into the drywall in a couple of different places. Then the contractor who did the repairs to the chimney cut a large square hole into the ceiling to make the needed repairs to the chimney. The original contractor would not return my phone calls about repairing the holes in the drywall so I contacted Robinson and Son Construction in Weirton. They promptly called me back, came to give the estimate and scheduled the repairs in a timely manner. In the meantime we had some electrical problems in our living room. Some of the outlets went out. When they came to do the drywall repairs I mentioned the electrical problems and the supervisor told me they could do that work also while they were here if I wanted them to. They replaced some breakers, ran some new wiring, and replaced some outlets. I am glad I mentioned the electrical problems and glad they could do that work also as it was a matter of safety. They did both jobs in two days. They were neat, professional, and efficient
- Dave's DrywallDave and his assistants came when they said they would, very punctual even during a bad snowstorm. They finished our drywall and applied a texture to our ceiling, this was on a new build, total home. They did an excellent job. My husband and I heard about him through word of mouth from the building supply stores in our area and was told that he was the best around at what he does, and after seeing his work on our home I must agree, He' s the Best!!! I highly recommend Dave's Drywall! The texture he did to my ceiling, all I can do is keep looking up, I'm in love with it! Flawless Drywall, I hate to hang pictures over it!!! He is a perfectionist
- GUMM CONSTRUCTIONIt was a great experience. It really helped me to understand all that goes into a project like this. I am glad I didn't try to tackle it on my own... We have a 1999 Modular Double Wide Home. I called Bill Gumm and asked him for an estimate and he came out the very next day. We (me and my wife) had several other contractor estimates before contacting Gumm Construction. I wanted to get my ducks in a row before I talked to him. I knew of Gumm Construction from some work they did for my Mother and Grandmother about 14 years ago on their house. They added a large family/living room onto their older home. It still looks great after all these years.. He came out for the inspection and he got right to work. we talked about all that I want done and along the way he told us about our options for each project. He talked about things that all three of the other contractors put together didn't talk about. He told us that he was totally licensed and insured and covered under workers compensation so that we wouldn't have to worry about any of his workers getting hurt. We talked about adding shut-off valves at the sinks and shower since we will have it apart already anyway. None of the other contractors seemed near as interested in this kind of detail. I got the impression that he was working on our home and treating it like his own. OWESOME. He did everything that we asked and then some. The only problem that we ran into was with 84 Lumber. They messed up one of the cabinets we ordered and we had to re-order it and It took 6 weeks to get here.. but even they took care of me and added no-slam hinges on all of my cabinets for the inconvenience. The only other problem that we ran into was the relocation of the window in the kitchen. Neither of us had realized that the kitchen window was 4" too close to the corner. I went down to 84 lumber and ordered the cabinets and they gave me a discount for using Gumm Construction. In order to use the corner cabinet I ordered they would have to relocate the window. The extra charge was reasonable though and I saved more than that on the initial purchases. When Bill Gumm Construction (Bill) gave me the initial estimate, he also gave me a list of things that I could purchase to cut cost, or raise cost if I wanted a luxury item. For instance he allotted me $25.00 for basic lighting fixture for the kitchen and I found one that I really liked for $10.00 - that just knocked $15.00 off the bill or extra money that I could add somewhere else. Like our under cabinet microwave. He allotted $200.00 for it and me and my wife got one with a convection cooking for $250.00. all togather I saved nearly $2,500.00 purchasing some of the items myself. I didn't have to worry about basic construction items or other stuff that really didn't matter anyway. Bill and his workers were always asking me how I wanted it if there was more than one way of doing it.. His workers were awesome I won't mention any names for there privacy, however he keeps a top-notch crew. They were always kind, courteous, and respectful of us and all our stuff. Thank you Bill Gumm, and a Thank You goes out to all of the workers too..
- Rarco Contracting IncThe project couldn't have gone better. Steve is an 'old-time' contractor and gentleman who quickly became our family's friend in need and deed. Schedule your project early since I am certain Steve's skills will increasingly become in demand, and he quickly will need to become more selective with the projects he undertakes
- Eds Plumbing and Well ServiceHe took out the show and cut a wall out so that the tub would fit. Did all the drywall work and repainted the whole room
- ETECH KITCHEN & BATH REMODELINGi highly recommend Mr Visbal and his company and I can be reached by email or phone call for additional references and information. I now live in West Virgina but keep property in Cincinnati that "Etec maintains for me
Drywall Contractors in Sophia
- Business Description:Mold Men of Pittsburgh is a full service mold remediation company that specializes in the removal and the assessment of mold. We are certified through the professional mold inspection institute. We service the greater Pittsburgh and greater western Pennsylvania marketplace. Also, we are certified water damage drying specialists with the IICRC which is the institute of inspection, cleaning and restoration certification. We offer service warranties on our work and we our properly insured to pro..Recent Review:This was absolutely excellent! From the initial estimate to the final project completion, everyone was professional and hard-working! I certainly recommend them. We even got an Angie's List discount as this is where we found them. Thank you Mold MenMargaret T.
- Business Description:At WV Inspired Properties we offer superior customer service, construction, renovations big or small at competitive prices. Our goal is to ensure that your needs are met and expectations are exceeded with our quality workmanship
- Recent Review:This company and the men that run it are the most professional people I have ever had work for me.They were very prompt with their estimates and iif they said they would call or be there at a certain time they were.No surprises as far as the price,what they said was basically what I paid for.They take such pride in there work and I feel that no job would be too large or small for them to handle. <br />I would highly recommended S&N to anyone that needs any type of construction done at their home or business. <br />They will work again for me and my family! <br />Thanks Josh and Justin!! <br /betsy a.
- Business Description:We are a fire damage, water damage, wind/storm damage, vehicle damage, vandalism damage restoration/repair company and also a general contractor. We take great pride in our twenty four years of professional experience in serving and satisfying our customers. We also work with our customer's insurance companies when needed, providing a computerized breakdown of structural repairs. When insurance companies are not involved we provide an estimate/proposal to our customers for the work to be pe..Recent Review:Mr. Bernett, has shot straight with me and was very helpful in showing me the previous contractors errors and took the time to explain to me each situation; what was done incorrectly; what he would have to do to fix the errors, and explained each step. He has stayed in close contact with me.He has worked in a very timely manner, he has shown nothing but professionalism and honesty. His work is above the call of duty to be described as nothing short of excellent. He has taken the time to give me ideas that will both save me money and has worked with me knowing the situation I have found myself in with the previous 2 contractors that I went thru. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND Tri-State Restoration for any clean up work, any bldg or addition work that one would want added to their home. His work ethic is off the charts of excellence and professionalism. I would say to any one looking to add on, fix,or create that Scott Bernett is your guy. He has been in the business for many years. I am a widow, and attacking this project with a high level of vulnerabily when seeking out a contractor. I have learned the hard way what people are willing to do to take advantage of my situation. I was taken advantage of X2. Mr..Bernett could has easily came in and done the same, He did not do that, instead he constantly was showing me the #'s the cost, the materials, where and why it is being used, I could go on and on. At the end of the day, I would strongly recommend him and his company. They are efficient. effective, they care about their client, and they show it. If I had any questions, instead of him giving me a quck answer and creating a distraction, he sat down with me and explained whatever my questions or concerns were step by step, and he did not waiver until he knew that I understood the process. Again... Scott Bernett, TRI STATE RESTORATION IS YOUR GUY. <br /Sandra J.
- Business Description:Im liscenced and insured. fast friendley service and free estimates
- Business Description:We have been remodeling nursing homes for 25+ years in the Tri-State and surrounding areas. We do sub-contract work for residential building's also.
- Business Description:We are a small family owned business with a large amount of experience and expertise. We guarantee 100% customer satisfaction and offer free inspections and honest estimates.Recent Review:My mother's house was flooded in June of 2012. It was inspected by FEMA and she was advised that if she was going to stay in the house that it would need to elevated in case another flood occurred. They stated her insurance and assistance from FEMA would cover the majority of the cost. So, FEMA became a third party in the case. We hired Advantage Basement based off good reviews and my own personal experience. Work started in June 2013. They estimated a total of 6 weeks to complete the job but because of bad weather that summer it took about 10 weeks. The first problem were the railings they placed on the ramps. The railings are too high and my mom has a difficult time getting a good grip resulting in a number of falls over the last few months. Luckily, she has not broken a hip or anything else. The biggest issue has been with paying this company. They were initially paid $20,000 at the start of the job, $15,000 from insurance and FEMA and $5000 out of my mom's savings. After completion of the job FEMA required documentation and pictures of all the work that was done from Advantage Basement in order to release the rest of their payment. For some reason, they kept delaying these requirements resulting in a delay in the release in the rest of the funds. It has gotten to the point that they (Advantage Basement) threatened to sue my mom, who is the victim in all of this, for non-payment. A certain Ms. Barbara from Advantage even called my mom a "horrible person for not fulfilling her obligations" and threatened her with jail time over the phone. Needless to say, my 71 year old mom did not take this well and had a nervous breakdown. We went ahead and paid them to stop their threat of a law suit and will just wait for the funds from FEMA. <br /Michael F.
- Business Description:If your looking for a full service Drywall company you've come to the right place. Here at Hess Drywall we pride ourselves on doing the best quality work out there. We are a clean professional team with one goal in mind, and that's to make you the homeowner happy with how your home looks. Thank you for visiting our new Internet site. As an up-to-date business, we want to give you the opportunity to stay in touch with our company and our offers. If you are not familiar with our company and ..
- Business Description:Locally owned family company
- Business Description:We are a small business that cover WV,VA,NC, KY, and TN doing any kind of construction from building you a house to repairing a crack. We can winterize your summer home or get it ready for you to in joy for the summerRecent Review:unknownLois B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
We’ve compiled some tips to help you identify the problems behind cracks in your drywall ceiling seam, how to fix them, and when to call in the pros.
Find drywall contractors in
drywall contractors in Sophia
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- D&D Remodel Masters LLC 1001 1st Ave
Charleston, West Virginia
- D&D Remodel Masters LLC
- Flippin Paints1370 Old Woman Run
Sutton, West Virginia
- Flippin Paints
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services551 Laurel Run Rd
Lumberport, West Virginia
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services
- Kodiak Drywall, LLCPO Box 144
Rowlesburg, West Virginia
- Kodiak Drywall, LLC
- new &old construction140 Cow Hollow Rd
Lester, West Virginia
- new &old construction
- Rezmata.com101 PALM HARBOR PKWY 422
Palm Coast, Florida