Your kitchen floor needs to stand up to spills, splatters, knife drops, and heavy foot traffic—and that’s just at dinner parties. They also need to withstand everyday use. See the best kitchen flooring options for your needs and budget.
Get matched with top hardwood flooring companies in Windsor, VT
There are 2 highly-rated local hardwood flooring companies.
Recent Hardwood Floors Reviews in Windsor
- Simply Colors LLCGlenn was great to work with. He first painted 2 rooms. One had very high ceilings and was a very dark color. He was very fast with both rooms. Then he sanded and refinished wood floors on 2 levels. I wish I had before pictures. The floors had been nearly destroyed by the previous owners dogs. I didn't have too much hope for them, but they look nearly new. Glenn kept us updated with his progress, left the house very clean, and the floors look great. We plan on hiring him again for future projects read less
- PRUDENTIAL REMODELINGMy girlfriend and I bought a house about a year ago, and believe me it?s a fixer upper. Between work and fixing the house I felt a little over extended. That?s when my girlfriend found Prudential Remodeling. I wouldn?t have been able to fix my house as much as I have without Prudential. They helped me remodel my kitchen, roof my home, put hardwood floors in my living room, install new windows, and fix my disaster of a bathroom. (Seriously, it was bad.) They helped me complete all these tasks while also not undermining me and including me in on the projects. I am so grateful for all Kevin and Joe?s help. And my girlfriend is REALLY happy. They definitely kept me out of the dog house. I wouldn?t think of using any other company read less
- Brown's FlooringTHEY DID A VERY GOOD JOB AND I WOULD DEFINITELY USE THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE VERY CONVENIENT AND WERE ABLE TO ORDER THE SAME MATERIAL AS THEY DID FOR A WOOD FLOOR IN A SMALLER AREA OF OUR HOME, SO THAT IT WOULD MATCH.
- Simply Colors LLCGlenn- did an excellent job screening and re-coating 685sf . My red oak wood floors hadn't been recoated in quite a few years ( I try to stay on top of this) and they really needed a re-coat, if you let them get too run down you have to take all the finish down to the wood and begin again which is more costly. Glenn came in and did a really nice job making them look smooth and almost new. He really takes pride in his work and doesn't seem to skimp corners. There was hardly any dust which was a really nice surprise!!!! He arrived when he said he was going to arrive and even came back a day or two after to check on his work. I would hire him again and would recomend him to others. He works alone so owners must have all furniture and rugs off the floor before he arrive read less
- Simply Colors LLCI am amazed what Glenn Ricard is capable of doing!!! I have known him for about 6 years,and in that time he has painted the inside and the outside of my house. He has also put a new roof on my house! In December of 2014 he brought my dingy wood floors back to their beautiful shine and warmth! He has always been on time and has always answered my questions, stupid or otherwise!! He is very easy to get along with, and if he can't make it on the time he said he would be here, he calls me so I'm not waiting around for nothing! I would recommend Glenn Ricard for any job one needs done!! He has great knowledge of any job the customer would like to have done! read less
- Bob's Hardwood FloorsBob is a great guy. We scheduled an appointment for him to come to our house and provide an estimate. He arrived right on time, introduced himself and got right to work examining the floors and taking rough measurements. He then took the time to ask us what we were looking for in a result and he let us know how the floors would look if he did such and such. It was a great discussion and we really felt like Bob wanted to be sure that we got what we wanted. Once we decided what we wanted, we scheduled a date to start. We were also doing some other home repairs and due to a scheduling conflict we had to re-schedule Bob. A week passed and the other contractor didn't come through so we called Bob and asked him if he could start as originally planned and he immediately agreed. Talk about super service! Bob arrived on the appointed day and began the resurfacing work. At the end of the first day, he was kind enough to call me and let me know how the work was going and assure me that everything was OK. He did this unsolicited, he just wanted to make sure that I was going to be happy with the job. All in all, the work took four work days. One for refinishing and the one day each for the re-finishing. When he was done, Bob called again to tell me how the job had come out and how each of the areas looked. I was impressed. When we got to the house, we were amazed at the quality of the work Bob had done. The wide pine wood floors had been heavily damaged by water and abuse. The original finish was worn off completely in many areas and especially on the stairs, the treads had taken on a dark grey color from water damage. If you look at the pictures posted, the and quot;knottyand quot; pine pictures are ours and the pictures do not do the floors justice. They came out wonderfully. It's too bad you can't see how badly the floors were damaged when he started (they were much worse looking that the photos indicate) and the completed pictures don't do justice to how well they came out. As you can tell, my wife and I are extraordinarily pleased with Bob's work. We would hire him again in an instant and heartily endorse him read less
- Birch Built CarpentryJim did a magnificent job on our floors! When he came to do our estimate, we found him to be very knowledgeable and provided far more details about how he would install our floors that we knew he had more experience than the other installer we received an estimate from. The other installer was going to get us the hardwood and told us we needed 990 sq. ft, but Jim said 800 would be sufficient. We even have about 35 sq. ft left over! If we had chosen the other installer, we would have overspent $1200 on wood alone! His waste was minimal. He spent the first day doing a lot of planning which is why he wasted so little of the wood. Jim was very respectful of our home and kept his work area very clean. He worked with me to coordinate the removal of the wood trim so I could paint it prior to him reinstalling it. His price was very fair and he did lots of extras not included in the estimate. We never felt uncomfortable having him in our home which is very important for us. The final product was beautiful and exceeded my expectations. We plan on having him return in the near future to do other work on our home. I highly recommend him to install floors read less
- Birch Built CarpentryI obtained Jim Birch's name by asking around locally for a very ethical and skilled hardwood floor specialist, and then looked up his reviews here on Angie's List. We called Jim, and he came over to take a look and give us a bid. Jim does the actual installation only, not the sanding/finishing part of the floor work, but he will suggest names if you don't already have a finisher lined up. We asked Jim for references, and I called and checked each of them (some were people we were actually acquainted with). The references all had incredibly positive things to say about Jim, his skill, artistry, honesty, and the quality of the work he did for them. So we hired Jim, and it was definitely the right choice. Jim is a skilled artisan and professional -- a rarity -- and did a fantastic job. His little floor is probably the nicest and most well-built part of our house. I am truly happy every time I look at it. He was able to accommodate some complexities (eg a crooked wall, some un-removable baseboard heaters, a weird closet, etc). He knows everything about his trade, and was able to discuss our options (eg wood species, nails, etc) and help us decide what we needed. It probably goes without saying that he showed up on time, finished on schedule, and the bill was exactly what we'd agreed on in advance. He brought all the necessary tools and equipment. His prep-work was extremely thorough (moisture testing, shimming where needed, etc), and clean-up was immaculate. Jim obviously has high standards, and gave his full attention to the job, and didn't rush or cut corners. I believe that a very simple floor in a small space requires a lot of skill and aesthetic expertise, maybe even more than a large or patterned floor. Jim restored my faith, too, because we'd had terrible experiences with our previous hardwood floor contractor. So Jim proved to me that there is still at least one honest and highly skilled hardwood floor specialist left! He's also a really nice guy, super-smart, very sociable, straightforward, and easy to work with. We will definitely hire Jim for any future hardwood flooring needs, and I whole-heartedly recommend his work read less
- Birch Built CarpentryJim was a wonder to work with. He had a ton of advice about who to work with in the area (and those contacts have been very fruitful so far). He also installed the floor beautifully and quickly. He used only about 2.5% extra waste, which is great and saved a ton of wood. Finally, he also fixed a lot of squeaks and creaks in underfloor as he found them. I couldn't recommend him higher read less
- Simply Colors LLCGlenn did an amazing job for us and was a real pleasure to work with. We couldn't be happier with the result and will definitely work with him again. Highly recommended.
Hardwood Floor Contractors in Windsor
- Business Description:Welcome to sonlight home repairs. thanks for checking out our company. we have been in business since 1998. I am committed to doing excellent work at a reasonable price. I am the one who gives the estimate and does the jobs. I do not sub my work out!! I love what I do and always take pride in my work read lessRecent Review:It went really really well. He did a great job. It came out right at the price he quoted me. We got the windows from Home Depot and some of them is not the window we're looking so he worked with Home Depot and got the right size of the windows. I was very very pleased. The work was done very professional. He was on time. He was here when he said would be. He is very proactive read lessRobert T.
- Business Description:This business provides an all around home maintenance. We provide a 5% discount for Veterans.Recent Review:Glenn was great to work with. He first painted 2 rooms. One had very high ceilings and was a very dark color. He was very fast with both rooms. Then he sanded and refinished wood floors on 2 levels. I wish I had before pictures. The floors had been nearly destroyed by the previous owners dogs. I didn't have too much hope for them, but they look nearly new. Glenn kept us updated with his progress, left the house very clean, and the floors look great. We plan on hiring him again for future projects read lessMaria M.
- Business Description:Complete remodeling, renovation, and repair of new and historic homes. You Name It is your one-stop service provider for all areas of remodeling and renovation. We are fully insured and offer reasonable rates. You can choose time and materials billing or ask for a fixed-price bid. We are an RRP Lead-Safe Certified firm and a Better Business Bureau A+ Accredited Business read lessRecent Review:He kept changing his price. It was $300, then $500, then it went up to $1000. He did not keep his word. <br /> <br /> He kept going to other jobs before finishing ours. When I asked why, he said that I did not put down my deposit. I said he never said anything about a deposit. <br /> <br /> I also felt that he did not fully respect me. <br /> <br /> He would schedule days and did not show up and then would swear that I was the one that wrote it down wrong. <br /> <br /> It was not a good experience read lessJannie J.
- Recent Review: On the top of the window I had to have him come back and put in more insulation as cold air was pouring in from the top. He states that the foam that he used did'nt expand right. He used almost 2 cans of "Great Stuff" when he cam back so I'm suspect of what he did do originally. <br /> This year I noticed by accident that there is a gap below the windowsill and just above the trim. You can see straight through to the outside. I may have missed it last winter or something may have settled over the winter. He was supposed to come over to fix it but has yet to show up and has stopped responding to my emails. <br /> <br /> After the work on my stairs I had plans to use him for a lot of work but can't recommend him for anything now read lessWarren W.
- Business Description:BCS builders is a full service residential construction company with over 35 years of experience. Access to numerous subcontractors who work for BCS to help you with your projects.
- Business Description:WARMZONE is a national company designs and sells radiant snow removal systems for heated driveways and walkways, radiant floor heating and roof deicing. We have a trained staff of professionals that will learn about your project requirements and perscribe the best solution possible to heat your driveway or home. We have a network of subcontractors across the United States. Our consultations and designs are free and we have one of the largest selection of proven products to choose from. Call o.. read lessRecent Review:They were absolutely wonderful. Will sure recommend themjorge d.
- Business Description:Handcrafted Wide Plank Flooring. Grown in the northeast, milled in Vermont, shipped nationwide. We have been producing the finest mill direct wide plank wood flooring on the market for 30 years. True wide plank flooring cannot be mass-produced. To craft these beautiful and distinct wide plank floors (with widths up to 19") Vermont Plank Flooring takes a totally different approach, and uses completely different trees. Visit our website or give us a call to learn about our unique process read lessRecent Review:In earlier days (approximately 2008), I had ordered plank flooring from this company, and the product was just fine. Thus, after a water leak that required me to replace a portion of the floor, I decided to contact them again. I sent a copy of the original order, thereby letting the company know what I had previously ordered: 6" wide t-n-g plank flooring. I talked to the company's owner over the phone, and let him know that I needed to match. We discussed lengths of the planks, as well as my NOT wanting the end-matching tongue and groove in the new planks. <br /> My next communication with the company was an email question regarding the invoice that he had emailed to me. At no point did I approve the invoice, pending my receipt of an answer to my question. The next time I heard from the firm was a call informing me that MY ORDER WAS MILLED AND READY TO SHIP! (This should have been a huge red flag). Of course, I get on the phone and talk to the same person, and voiced my concerns about the lengths of the pallet, that I had not approved the invoice yet, and whether or not it could fit in the bed of a pickup. He assures me that "sure, just a couple of long boards in there to be removed, but should be good to go for a residential delivery, and you should be able to get it in the truck." Assuming that this was not a big deal, and that the new boards would match the previous order (and be end-trimmed to get rid of the end-matching t-n-g), I verbally approved the order to ship. <br /> I receive the order on a truck, and the crate is at least 14' long and hopelessly incapable of being put on the bed of a pickup. No big deal, I simply hire someone to dismantle the "crate" that the flooring was shipped in and hire a trailer to haul it the last 150miles up to our cabin. So much for the verbal assurances... <br /> Upon inspection of the product, every plank had end-matched tongue-and-groove, as this was not trimmed as specified by my oral instructions (and the unapproved invoice). Moreover, even though the planks were of the same "6" wide specifications as the 2008 order, and actually 6" wide, the older planks were up to 3/8" wider. I guess I should have actually measured the old planks as opposed to assuming that orders of the same 6"-wide specifications would actually match. Apparently, in 2008, 6" to this company meant 6-3/8". Now, at least, 6" means 6" so I can't fault them for that specifically. JUST DON'T ORDER BASED ON OLDER INVOICES! <br /> Bottom line, look out for the rush job, get everything in writing with these guys. Even if you do, you may not get what they write down anyway (in my case, the specification that the end-matching be removed). The response I got to this particular end-matching was "This is usually an uncharge which we did in this case for free." Hardly professional, In my opinion. <br / read lessAdrien S.
- Business Description:BCS Builders is a full service residential construction company with over thirty five years experience. Access to numerous subcontractors who work directly for BCS Builders, we can help you with all your project needs read less
- Business Description:Nial Construction has been serving Central New Hampshire since 1993. We are proud to be known as the "Company that understands old houses." We offer many services in the construction field, but we are the area's foremost specialist in "jacking up" houses and repairing/replacing/installing foundations and basements while the home remains completely livable read less
- Business Description:We are a full service Property Maintenance and Property Managment bussiness. We do all fphases of carpentry from frame to finish
Explore our Solution Center for helpful hardwood floor specialist articles
To maintain your wooden flooring, it’s important to understand how to care for it through the changing seasons. Find out how wood expands in cold temperatures or high humidity settings, what can make it contract, plus how to combat these changes.
Hardwood floors can add beauty and warmth to a space. In some cases, they can even add to a home’s value. But when buying hardwood flooring, you’ll want to consider a few things before making your final decision. Keep reading for more.
Find hardwood flooring companies in
- White River Junction
hardwood flooring companies in Windsor
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- BCS Builders94 Shaker Hill Rd
Enfield, New Hampshire
- BCS Builders94 Shaker Hill Rd
Enfield, New Hampshire
- Bejamin Wimett112 Nutt Lane
White River Junction, Vermont
- Birch Built Carpentry80 Gristmill Hill Rd
Canaan, New Hampshire
- Brazilian Direct1076 Kile Cir
- Brown And Sons Remodeling LLC.17 Barker Street
Bellows Falls, Vermont
- BCS Builders
- CRV ConstructionPO Box 551
- CRV Construction
- Efloors.com1000 Brook Forest Ave
- Inland Building Co.2109 Braintree Hill Rd
- Inland Building Co.
- Property Solutions47 Narragansett trl
Thornton, New Hampshire
- Property Solutions
- You Name It Handyman Services LLC276 Main St Claremont
Claremont, New Hampshire
- You Name It Handyman Services LLC