Listing your home soon or having trouble selling? Consider these essential home improvement and repair tips that will attract more potential buyers so you can sell your house quickly.
Get matched with top property appraisers in Sterling, VA
There are 6 highly-rated local property appraisers.
Recent Real Estate Appraising Reviews in Sterling
- Cherry Blossom Property at Keller Williams Realty Metro CenterThank you Cherry Blossom!!! Steve and Wendy were highly recommended to us when purchasing our first home, and after working with them we completely understand! My husband and I had no idea what to expect when going into the home buying process but Steve and everyone at Cherry Blossom helped us every step of the way and we are so grateful for their professionalism, friendliness, flexibility and care for their customers. Steve was able to find us a home that we absolutely love and cannot wait for all the memories we will make in our new home! Thank you guys so much!! Zack and Ambe
- Zanthia Hastings and Team2021 has been an interesting year. From Covid to Politics, stress on civilization is at an all time high. But these are just partial stresses of the times; we now are experiencing an indescribable housing market. Sellers are literally laughing all the way to the bank leaving buyers with rivers of tears. As buyers, we were worried that Justin Timberlake’s hit song “Cry Me A River” would be the theme song to our home search. As a newly married family with a young son, this inconsistent housing market seemed to be a future nightmare. Well I say all of that to say this; with everything going on we were given a ray of sunshine leading us through stormy times. That ray of sunshine lead a clear path! Zanthia Hastings! Zanthia provided us with a worry-free environment to finding our first home! Always with a warm smile and a genuine approach, we were able to laugh in the face of this villainous housing market. Mrs. Hastings not only found us a new construction in North Carolina, she did it in record time which helped us avoid this new housing rush. When I say record time, we were shopping for living room furniture for our dream home within a month’s time. I highly recommend Zanthia Hastings and her team if you are searching for a home in North Carolina during this housing market. You will be pleased
- Appraisals GuaranteedThe whole process went extremely well. We found Rick Phillips of Appraisals Guaranteed through Angie's List, attracted by his "All A" ratings from previous customers. We can say without hesitation that from beginning to end, Mr. Phillips' services lived up to that sterling rating. The home appraisal was easy to schedule by telephone, within a week. Mr. Phillips arrived on time; asked very good and detailed questions that would not have occurred to us; and photographed the property from all angles and directions. When Mr. Phillips delivered the appraisal report on a timely basis, it was the most detailed, carefully researched appraisal product that either of us had ever seen. The comparable properties in North Arlington were extensively researched, beyond our expectations. The insights on the property itself and the state of the market in our specific neighborhood were very useful. The bottom line appraised value of the property was fair and reasonable, well within the range we had expected. Throughout the process Rick Phillips was personable, easy to reach by phone or e-mail and transparent. His fee was more than reasonable for the product we received. We would and will recommend his services to anyone we know seeking a home appraisal in Northern Virginia. Elaina Newport and John Romano, 10/23/201
- Citywide ServicesMike Walsh was very polite and professional. I live in the Washington DC area I needed my mom's house appraised in Chicago. Because I knew no one, I resorted to "cold calling." A Google search led me to Citywide Services. I was very pleased with how responsive Mike was. He was so nice, I used his services twice! If you are seeking a great appraiser in the Chicagoland area, look no further
- Appraisals GuaranteedI contacted Rick on the phone. He promptly put me on his schedule and within days, he came out and walked the property. During the entire process, Rick was very professional, extremely knowledgeable and detail-oriented. The purpose of the appraisal was to dispute the county's assessment. I am very satisfied with the appraisal and will definitely seek out Rick's services in teh future. I highly recommend Rick! He took the stress out of the process
- Appraisals GuaranteedRick Phillip's performed a thorough and timely appraisal and provided a detailed report at a very reasonable price. He was responsive via e-mail and addressed questions quickly.
- Appraisals GuaranteedThe appraisal process went very well. I contacted Rick a few days before. He was available on a Saturday, came out to the property as promised, and we had the report by Monday. The appraisal report considered 5 comps to arrive at the value for the house which was very helpful in final negotiations with the sellers. Rick was professional, reliable and easy to deal with. I would certainly use him again and recommend to others
- Appraisals GuaranteedI was very impressed with Rick Phillips. He was timely and very thorough. He provided a great list of comps in our area which indicated the value of our house was greater than previously estimated. I recommend him highly and would certainly use his services again in the future.
- Appraisals GuaranteedRick was a pleasure to deal with. He did what he promised when he said he would do it. The whole process when smoothly and was reasonably priced. I would not hesitate to recommend him.
- Appraisals GuaranteedI found Rick through a blog many years ago. I am a real estate agent and run a brokerage firm. Since then he has been our main go to appraiser for many of the agents in the firm when it comes to getting help pricing a hard to price property before it goes on the MLS. He is very thorough, and sometimes knocks on doors if he really needs to see a comp on the inside. I must say, sometimes he can be a little tardy on his appraisals, but I think that is from him wanting to be so accurate. We plan to continue to hire him
Real Estate Appraisers in Sterling
- Business Description:Appraisals Guaranteed is proud to offer real estate valuation services to individuals in DC, Virginia, Maryland. Our exceptional professionalism, qualifications, and customer service, sets us apart from other home appraisal firmsRecent Review:Very well. Excellent professional, helpful in answering questions. Very thorough, prompt in developing final product.Tracy W.
- Business Description:Better Business Bureau Accredited, Top Producer/Multi-Million Dollar Sales Club, Angie's List Super Service Award Recipients - Wendy is the Managing Broker (VA) and Principal Broker (DC and MD) of award-winning brokerage Keller Williams Realty Metro Center, the leader in local market share and customer satisfaction. She represent buyers, sellers, investors (including "flippers"), landlords, and commercial buyers tenants. With a background in law and mediation, she is a high-level negotiator a..Recent Review:Thank you Cherry Blossom!!! Steve and Wendy were highly recommended to us when purchasing our first home, and after working with them we completely understand! My husband and I had no idea what to expect when going into the home buying process but Steve and everyone at Cherry Blossom helped us every step of the way and we are so grateful for their professionalism, friendliness, flexibility and care for their customers. Steve was able to find us a home that we absolutely love and cannot wait for all the memories we will make in our new home! Thank you guys so much!! Zack and Ambeamber m.
- Business Description:Experienced, results driven Estate Seller and Property Service Company, in the Washington DC Metro area. Since 1999 serving Clients through all facets of transitions; We are Angie's List Super Service Award Recipient for 6 years, for DC Metro- categorized in Angie's List under Auction Services! We hold ON-site and can expedite ON-Line auctions, for our clients. EstateMax-Maximized Returns, Minimized Stress! Since 1999 in the DC Metro- we have been providing personalized Solutions in Comprehen..Recent Review:Awesome! Laurie and her crew arrived on time and efficiently cleared the entire home of all furniture, personal items and trash. The took great care to sort items for consignment, goodwill or garbage/recycling. Laurie even saved a bunch of art supplies to donate to a school. I would highly recommend EstateMaJoseph B.
- Business Description:Equal Housing Lender. Evenings and Weekends by Appointment. We specialize in VA loans, Jumbo, and High Balance Conforming, Construction, and Portfolio loans. Did you know that the VA doesn't have a loan limit? If you're a Veteran, ask me about VA loans over $1m (we do them). We underwrite, process, and close your loan right here in our office
- Business Description:All construction work. All permit and licensing.
- Business Description:Olympus Painting, LLC has been serving the New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania areas since 2006. When John started his business it was important that people could trust him as a contractor when they hired him. John also wanted to provide a service that when finished, people would remember his name and recommend his services to others! John’s Success Has Grown Through The Years With Over 90% Of His Work Being From Referrals Alone!!! Today, Olympus Painting LLC remains a small local bus..Recent Review:We were RIDICULOUSLY THRILLED with the work that John and his crew did at our home. John was the first person who contacted me, and he provided us with the most reasonable estimate. They showed up when they said they would, demonstrated consistent hard work and respectfulness, and the finished project is just stunning. We plan to have them back next year to finish some of our other outbuildings on the property. Truly excellent workers, they get our highest recommendationMegan H.
- Business Description:**$300 off closing costs for Angi members** **95% jumbo mortgages available **Veteran mortgages, very aggressive rates based on working on low margins, NO LENDER FEES** **Conventional & FHA mortgages, aggressive rates and fees based on lower margins** Mike Murgatroy has 23 years of lending experience and is an Angi Super Service Award recipient 2012-2020. Mike is also ranked in the top 1% mortgage originators in the United States. With integrity at the core of his values, you can rest assur..Recent Review:Mike, Rick, Teri, Tracy, Monica, and the team made our refinance experience smooth and easy! They are very respectful, and not once did we feel out of the loop or that they were bothered by our questions. They went above and beyond to guide us in the right direction and choose an option that was best for us after taking time to discuss our history and future. They are AMAZING, and I brag about them dailyBrantley P.
- Business Description:Aspen is a small mortgage company with over 20 years experience. Today's market can be complex with new regulations and guidelines. We can secure you a mortgage loan in under 30 days and have an in depth knowledge of the entire Delmarva market. We are licensed in Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, and Delaware. We provide Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and HARP mortgages. It is our business to insure you get the best possible rate and that you are guided through the process professionallyRecent Review:Please do not waste your time with these people. Let me tell you about our AWFUL experience we just had. I have filed a complaint with DORA and the BBB. At the end of August, we were referred to Mr Ramsey by a friend of his to refinance our home. We were happy with the rates being offered, and were even more pleased when Mr Ramsey said we would close in 14 days. September 1st came about and my husband called Mr Ramsey and asked if we should make our mortgage payment. Mr Ramsey told him not to make the payment because he had already contacted our mortgage company and got the payoff numbers, and if we made a payment it would “mess it all up.” 2 weeks go by, we hadn’t heard anything from Mr Ramsey. My husband called again as this was past our expected closing. My husband didn’t hear back from Mr Ramsey. He sent text messages and emails, and again, received no communication back. My husband called the person that referred us to Mr Ramsey to see if she could get a hold of him, being that they’ve been friends for 20 years. That is when we finally heard from him! Mr Ramsey said we slipped through the cracks, and they just got bombarded with more applications because the rates went down. Folks, this was still in September. October came, we still haven’t received paperwork or communication from Mr Ramsey. Then Mr Ramsey contacted my husband and said we now need to make our September payment since we will be closing in October and not September. This threw us for a loop, we obviously weren’t expecting to pay September’s and had spent that money on flooring for the house. Nevertheless, we made the payment, and were told he will prioritize us. Now we are in the second week in October, and guess what... Mr Ramsey informs us that the underwriters have denied our application to refinance because we were LATE on our September payment! Due to Mr Ramsey’s negligence, we now have a late payment on our credit report, we didn’t get approved for refinance because we didn’t make the September payment on time, per his direction! We are absolutely beside ourselves. We have NEVER had a late mortgage payment in our livesEmma H.
- Business Description:For a full list of services, please visit www.homestarinspectionservices.com and www.homestarappraisals.comRecent Review:BEWARE!!! We had an appraisal done on our home in an effort to refinance. The appraisal was extremely flawed! First, Dan did not count the number of bedrooms correctly. Then he ran comps of homes with the incorrect number of bedrooms, which naturally brought down our value. Then after giving him an itemized list of recent home additions and improvements, not only did he exclude my list, he severely depreciated my house because it's "more than 3 years old!" We attempted an appeal of the appraisal through our lender and Dan refused to change his stance. In fact, he was very RUDE and HUNG UP on us when we questioned how and why he wouldn't get the number of bedrooms correct so our comps would be fair and reasonable. We also questioned why he wouldn't include our home additions and improvements and he REFUSED to even discuss our appraisal further. Don't waste your money on this company...by all means request another appraisal company. This company really SUCKS!!Ash R.
- Business Description:For over 15 years, 360 Appraisals have served the Northern VA , DC and MD area with modern technology, excellent customer service and quality appraisal service. We focus on Residential, Divorce, Insurance value, Estate, settlement and more.Recent Review:I paid $525, though their website listed the price as lower, but has since been removed. Maz Surmaty offered to come either Thursday or Friday but sent a separate appointment confirmation email for Friday afternoon when I would be getting home from work. After the confirmation was made, earlier in the week he asked to come Thursday instead, I told him this no longer worked as I made my plans to accommodate Friday. Then on Friday, he texted me at work, to ask if he could come early. I told him I was not home, but my fiance was there. He walked with my fiance and was finished before I got home. My house, which I purchased two years prior as a 3 bedroom 2 bath; he listed as a 2 bedroom 1 bath. Granted the downstairs bathroom is surrounded by an unfinished basement, so may not count anymore. But the 3 bedrooms upstairs have not changed or disappeared. I cannot find a listing of my house that has EVER listed as 2 bedrooms. Despite multiple attempts to have the error corrected, I am receiving a minimal response from both Maz and my loan officer on the topic. The loan office said Maz lied and told him one of the rooms was under construction. This is not true, 3 bedrooms upstairs are finished, one ADDITIONAL bedroom is under construction in the basement. If this is resolved, I will remove this reviewJustyne L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful real estate appraiser articles
A home appraisal can be complicated. That’s why we created the ultimate, 14-item checklist to reference when having a home appraised for a potential purchase, sale, or any other reason via a mortgage lender or insurance company.
Selling your home during the winter can be more challenging than in warmer seasons, but follow these 10 key tips for listing, marketing, and staging your home during the winter months, and it might be off the market by spring.
Find property appraisers in
- Potomac Falls
- Great Falls
- South Riding
- North Potomac
property appraisers in Sterling
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 360 Appraisals Inc23350 Evening Primrose Sq
- 360 Appraisals Inc
- ABS Appraisal Services Exp5300 43rd St NW Apt 202
Washington, District Of Columbia
- Accurate Realty Services, Inc11416 Gunston Road Way
- Appraisals Guaranteed4201 Wilson Blvd. Suite 110-514
- Aspen Home Mortgage Group, Inc.19844 Meredith Dr.
- Axe Your Tax, LLC.P.O. Box 6243
Mc Lean, Virginia
- ABS Appraisal Services Exp
- BARRY ROGERS APPRAISAL SERVICES16650 GEORGIA AVE
- BARRY ROGERS APPRAISAL SERVICES
- Carpenter Beach Construction LLC500 E Main St
- Cherry Blossom Property at Keller Williams Realty Metro Center 4270A Lee Hwy
- Carpenter Beach Construction LLC
- Dayse Taruselli, Realtor, Coldwell Banker4500 Old Dominion Drive
- Dayse Taruselli, Realtor, Coldwell Banker
- FAB Appraisals Inc7905 Deepwell Dr
- FAB Appraisals Inc
- Gearhart & Associates19396 Montgomery Village Ave. 2nd flr
Montgomery Village, Maryland
- Gearhart & Associates
- Middletown Valley Title & Escrow, LLC1350 Marker Rd
- Middletown Valley Title & Escrow, LLC
- Re/Max Premier13135 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy Ste 115
- Re/Max Premier
- Safeguard Appraisals23374 Virginia Rose Place
- SD(III) Group3737-A Madison Lane
Falls Church, Virginia
- SFS Appraisal Services, inc.PO Box 60
- Sky Appraisals Inc.7530 Diplomat Drive 201
- Square one home inspections7621 fallswood way
- Steven L Young Real Estate Appraisals IncPO Box 301
- Safeguard Appraisals
- The Bill Denny Group7526 Limestone Drive
- The Keri Shull Team1600 Wilson Blvd #101
- The Macdonald Group17321 Buehler Road
- The Rosenbaum Lending Group @ Sandy Spring Bank 11921 Freedom Dr
- thomasgwilson20 Chevy Chase Circle
Washington, District Of Columbia
- ThoroSpec8002 Maplewood Dr.
- The Bill Denny Group
- Wise & Donahue - Construction Lawyer10476 Armstrong St
- Wise & Donahue - Construction Lawyer