Amaya Home Improvement

Founded 2000 • With Angi since January 2013

Amaya Home Improvement is a small local business owned and operated by Contractor Luis Amaya and Team. We have over 10 years of experience on our hands. We serve homeowners within Fairfax County area. Services offered include Kitchen and Bathroom renovations, interior and exterior painting, drywall repairs, fence repairs, patios and decks. ...

Kitchen Remodel

+11 more images

home remodeling (14)interior painting (12)drywall (10)decks & porches (5)tile installation (5)fence company (4)hardwood floors (3)basement remodeling (2)deck cleaning (2)flooring (2)Patios (1)house painting (1)

10/04/2021

ALTON G.

Fantastic company. Great owner, great service, fair and honest price Very rare today, his honest

Description of Work
House remodeling; Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, all over the house

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

02/18/2021

Hien H.

Luis and his team; his son and Carlos did a great job. Very good and clean-up very nicely. They arrived punctually. They do a great job with a reasonable price. They are nice, courteous, and trustworthy. I have used their services all the time and highly recommend them to my friends.

Description of Work
Plumbing work

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

10/24/2020

Nancy C.

It went well. They were prompt, professional, and covid-free.

Description of Work
They painted our living room, and installed lights.

Category lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

09/19/2020

Kathryn S.

Wonderfully! I've hired other painters before, but Victor is the best. He and his colleague did a fabulous job, were nice, kept me informed, were punctual, and even had the best price around. He also worked with my tight schedule between other contractors so that I could schedule him on the perfect date, and he called to confirm our appointment. He was super careful to understand and properly execute my color choices (which involved eight different colors in total). I'll gladly hire Victor again. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Painting two rooms plus finishing painting molding of another room (that I'd started but couldn't finish due to health issues)

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

Review for Amaya Home Improvement - 7811 Snead Ln., Falls Church, VA - 38914130

08/07/2020

ALTON G.

I have use them many times. They were professional. The price was honest and fair to me and him.

Description of Work
They did our front steps and entrance way. They did landscaping. They did bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. They put new gutters and gutter coverings in the house.

Category gutter repair, landscaping, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/07/2020

Thank you for being a loyal client. We are happy to continue working with you and appreciate all of the opportunities you have given us to work on your home projects

12/13/2019

Stephen C.

Since 2017, the Amaya Home Improvement team has completed three significant remodeling jobs for us. Simply put--Team Amaya's work is flawless, the cost is reasonable / affordable and their professionalism is unmatched. Amaya Home Improvement will be our first choice for all future interior / exterior upgrade / remodeling work.

Description of Work
Oct 2017- Replaced bedroom / bath / office doors, installed new floor molding, repaired / patched / painted walls / ceilings , painted new doors and molding. Sept 2018--Installed 13 recessed lights and 8 exterior window shutters and one new storm door. (One day!) Dec 2019-- Installed new dining room chandelier, new GFCI electrical outlets, new hallway light, repaired loose family room stairway banister, repaired, repainted ceiling, installed dimmer switch for the chandelier.

Category drywall, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time on giving us your feedback. We appreciate you and are very happy to have been able to work with you on several occasions. We look forward to working with you again!

09/04/2019

Donald S.

He came promptly with an assistant. Did a thorough job of unclogging and cleaning the dehumidifier; removed the large branch from the roof, trimmed some branches, and put them out on the street for pickup; purchased and installed two vent covers to prevent entry of rodents.

Description of Work
Various activities

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We value and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to working with you again!

04/23/2019

Dana V.

Friendly, meticulous workmanship and completed job as proposed. Clean up was meticulous.

Description of Work
My aging fence needed new boards and a new post as well as sprucing up. Cable TV wires were threaded thru the boards adding a further complication. Luis Amaya and the two man crew arrived and quickly got to work. They fixed the boards, installed the post and power washed the fence inside and out. They also removed an old satellite dish. Small post caps were broken and the gate latch needed repair as well. Elmer and Douglas worked non stop and answered all my questions. Luis (the boss) was in touch by phone and came back to inspect the work. They came back the next day to install the post caps and refused payment until the job was completely finished. Great clean up too and very pleasant crew. Would definitely use them again!

Category fencing

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We value your feedback and we appreciate the opportunity to have been able to work with you. We look forward to working with you again.

02/09/2019

MARION J.

Two aspects of Amaya’s work strike me: the company guarantees its work so if there is an issue or unhappy customer, Amaya stands by its work. Also, Luis Amaya, the owner, and the workers are very easy to work with. These two elements are very important to me. Amaya completed several projects at my house (Feb 4-8, 2019) including the installation of a medicine cabinet which was restricted by a rafter, cut, then supported by other wood boards to maintain solid construction. It also painted a bathroom correcting errors from an earlier paint job (tape lifting). Amaya also does outside jobs. It laid drain pipe and removed two trees.

Description of Work
several projects, install medicine cabinet, painting, toilet install, outside jobs

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service!

12/29/2018

Linda C.

I called & left a message & no one ever returned the call.i ha Eno idea how to evaluate their work.

Description of Work
Handyman projects

Category handyman service

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that no one returned your call, we're not sure how it may have been missed. There are multiple ways of getting in contact with us, including cell phone and emails, listed on our website.

08/15/2018

Cathy L.

The team arrived early, was very detail-oriented, finished early and did a great job cleaning up. My husband is very pleased with his new workspace and proceeded to organize his tools and car stuff.

Description of Work
We needed a garage storage unit assembled.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with the quality of our work!

07/23/2018

Stephanie H.

Luis Amaya is amazing! I cannot recommend him highly enough. The pricing is incredibly reasonable and the quality is phenomenal. The crew couldn't be nicer and went above and beyond to help us with so many things outside their work requirements. The estimates and accounting are professional and the staff is courteous, respectful and professional. Luis removed a wall and renovated our kitchen when I had lost my contractor at the last minute and had a short time table. He gave me an estimate on the spot and started the next Monday! He completed the work plus my several changes and add-ons in three weeks! He has such integrity too! We had a massive leak in our roof and when he came out to give an estimate he could have told us we needed a new roof but found the leak in flashing and will do the repair in the next day! I will be using him again to renovate our bathrooms and other items. I am forever grateful to Luis and his team!

Description of Work
Kitchen and electrical

Category electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/23/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and the quality of our work. It was a pleasure to have been able to work with you on this project. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

06/25/2018

Robert H.

Always on time. Nice guy, very flexible. Everything when extremely well.

Description of Work
Whole lot of work including refinishing basement, painting whole house. Remodeling family roon

Category remodeling

Thank you for choosing to use us to work on your home. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service!

06/12/2018

David H.

Very pleasant experience. Very responsive to all of my special requirements. They are for sure my go-to company to use for home improvements.

Description of Work
Needed a wall removed between 2 rooms

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

02/24/2018

Steven S.

Fantastic. Mr. Amaya and his crew did a remarkable job in both quality and in a tight time frame. Prior to my purchase of my home, work done on a storage shed was less than professional. Because of the tight housing market, I had to accept the inferior quality of the carpentry and roofing work on the shed. Over the last few weeks, the shed roof developed a leak because the roof had not been sloped properly and shingles had been improperly installed. Mr. Amaya responded to my request within hours and was on site the next morning and started remedial work - in the rain. His crew arrived shortly thereafter working non-stop all afternoon and till dark. The finished the job just as we lost daylight, and they cleaned up the work site very well. Other contractors told me that matching the shingles would be "tough" and that the carpentry work would be difficult. Well, Mr. Amaya had matched the shingles and had them onsite within an hour. The carpentry work was difficult because they had to "undo" someone else's poor work all the while trying not to create economic waste and saving the remainder of an otherwise sound structure. Other contractors would not even give me an estimate because the job was "too small." Well, if I can't trust you to do quality work on a "small" job, how can I rely upon you to do a "large" job. It has been raining all day today. The shingles match perfectly, the roof slopes properly and the problem has been corrected very economically and professionally. Luis and his crew solved the problem. I highly recommend Luis Amaya, his company and his crew. I would use him again. Thank you Luis and Angie's List.

Description of Work
Repair storage shed roof leak

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, roofing, woodworking

Work Completed On 02/23/2018

Thank you for choosing our company and taking the time to review our service. We appreciate your feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

02/23/2018

ray L.

I am a first time customer with Amaya and would definitely use them again. Luis Amaya responded promptly to a request for quote and was very thorough. A leaky pipe damaged our bathroom ceiling and required repair and repainting. Luis quoted the repair and the painting of all our bathrooms. The crew arrived on time and did an outstanding job! you can't tell the ceiling has been patched- it is flawless. They did a fantastic paint job- and made sure we were happy before they left. Great experience.

Description of Work
Dry wall repair and 3 bathroom painting

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 02/19/2018

Thank you for choosing to use "Amaya Home Improvement" to take care of your request. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service!

02/22/2018

Lindsay & Matthew W.

I am not one to write reviews often, but Luis and his crew were so wonderful that I feel I need to write one. We had four guys in and out over a course of three days. They arrived five minutes early each day at 7:55am, they kept my house so clean (even with the cabinet sanding!), plastic sheeting and drop cloths were used anywhere the crew walked or worked, prices were reasonable, and all of the work we requested to be done was done quickly and beautifully with much attention to detail. I am the type of person that likes things done a certain way and I couldn’t be more pleased with our finished result. I will 100% be using this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Our range broke and as a result, our kitchen needed a few upgrades. We had a subway tile/ black grout backsplash installed, our cabinet trim painted, an old range hood removed, new range hood installed, one cabinet removed, ceiling painted, and large wall and ceiling holes were patched and painted.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/21/2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you were satisfied with our service! We look forward to working with you again.

02/05/2018

William C.

Luis was able to schedule to come by and give an estimate the day after I called. After reviewing the job Luis gave a very fair estimate. The work began on the agreed day on time and was completed within 6 hours. The job turned out great with attention to small details that exceeded my expectations. I will use Luis and his team again.

Description of Work
Work was necessary to receive county final inspection of a remodel. In order to meet code I needed to have existing hand railing terminated to wall and a new railing system installed going from a wood newel terminating to a wall with metal balusters .

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

01/30/2018

Janak M.

We need Electrical - Recessed Lights in the whole house, Carpentry - Kitchen Re-Modelling created a brand new pantry in free space and Bathroom Re-Modelling created Murphy's door (photos attached - amazing piece they created, very impressed) Painting - Painting of interior walls, Plumbing - exterior pipeline, Luis prices are very reasonable, fair and sensible Luis himself is an amazing person he is always on-time and the team he has they are not contractors they are all artist in their respective field. Luis and whole team are very trustworthy and they give top most importance to the details of everything They give the right advise and suggestions on projects. They tell us everything up front no surprise in the end Totally like the whole team and we have decided going forward we have one stop shop, any project in the home - Amaya is for us.

Description of Work
Home Improvement - Electrical, Plumbing, Kitchen Re-modelling, Carpentry, Painting

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

Review for Amaya Home Improvement - 7811 Snead Ln., Falls Church, VA - 36795440

11/25/2017

Greg S.

Luis and his son came about an hour after I called them. They told me what they could do and the hourly cost. They finished well ahead of the time they quoted me for and did a top-notch job! They were friendly and professional. Afterwards we discussed some other small jobs that I will definitely be contacting him about in the future!

Description of Work
Needed to have an old metal garden shed removed from the concrete slab in preparation for a new shed to be installed.

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 11/25/2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad to know you are happy with our work and we look forward to working with you again in the future!

10/24/2017

Veronica S.

It couldn’t have gone better! Luis came out and and gave us a quote. He comes across as very honest, confident, and dependable. He told us what to expect and how much it would cost. The quote and the amount of time he said it would take to get it done seemed fair, so we moved forward with the project. The team arrived on time and before the building began they spent a significant amount of time measuring and using a laser light to make sure all lines were straight. Then, a supervisor came to check on the measurements and discuss the job before they started the heavy work. Once they started the dust generating part of the job, they tented off the work space and worked inside of the tent to keep the rest of the house clean. The entire team was professional throughout day. They finished the whole job in one day and the cost was exactly what Luis quoted. The wall is the nicest in my house! EXCELLENT workmanship. The highest quality, in my opinion. I’m currently in the works to have Amaya do several more projects in my house. They are truly impressive!

Description of Work
We needed a wall installed between the living room and the kitchen and a bar installed on one side of the wall. We also needed an electrical outlets with USB ports on both sides of the wall.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/14/2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We've enjoyed working with you and we are glad to hear you are happy with all of our work!

09/17/2017

Ben F.

Scheduling was quick and easy, Saturday installation which is a plus. Prompt and on-time, however, it took about three times as long as initially estimated. 11 hours for 60 sq. ft! I was willing to pay a premium for no-hassle experience. Afterwards, it was claimed the length of time was due to the fact that the bathroom was not told to him, despite emails and text messages describing the job as a powder room. Caulking was not done. Overall, I would like not do again due to issues with professionalism and this provider not being worth the cost.

Description of Work
60 sq. ft of tile installation.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling