Appalachian Building Concepts

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
2705-101234

2237 Paris Mountain Rd

Elliston, VA 24087

We are two home builders that love to overbuild. Quality high end work, from people that care about doing it right and doing it well.We have hundreds of references and photos of most projects.We don't drink or smoke. We do what we say we are going to do, when we say we are going to do it. We can back it up! Additional service areas: Buchanan & portions of Pulaski & Greenbrier Counties...

decks & porches (46)home remodeling (20)drywall (14)flooring (11)plumbers (10)window replacement (8)electrician (8)roofing (7)tile installation (7)interior painting (6)lighting (6)door installation (5)

03/14/2021

Exceeded my expectations and my expectations are pretty high. Top quality work.

Description of Work
custom truss roof.

Category decks,picture framing,remodeling,roofing

Work Completed On 03/14/2021

10/30/2020

Mike & Louis did a wonderful job - great carpentry skills, arrived when they said, cleaned up each day (3 days) and the result was a terrific looking deck; Mike even took some of our old chairs to the dump when he brought his trash. He is coming back to help us get our heavy grill/smoker back onto the deck. I would recommend Appalachian Building Concepts without reservation.

Description of Work
rebuilt and stained 14x14deck.

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

Thank you for the kind review!!

10/21/2020

The job went beautifully. Excellent craftmanship, professional attitude, perfect clean up after finished. Have already asked him to return in the Spring for another project.

Description of Work
We have a deck built around an old oak tree. Mr. Motley altered the deck to accommodate the oak's growth.

Category decks,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

10/08/2020

Great! Enjoyable to work with. Very professional! Would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
built in book case, bathroom remodel, window installation

Category bathtub refinishing,drywall,handyman service,hauling services,insulation,remodeling,roofing,replacement windows,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Looking forward to your future project’s!

09/16/2020

The work was completed professionally and beautifully on time. Old deck was replaced with composite decking and new railings; front porch was also replace with composite and railings were added. Price was fair. I am ecstatic over the work that was done. Will hire Mike and Lou for any additional work I need done. They are absolutely the very best craftsmen I've seen for ages.

Description of Work
remodel large deck and front porch.

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

Thank you for the compliments!

08/03/2020

Michael motley was completely unprofessional. He was late to the consultation and insulted me via text message. I have filed complains with the town of Elliston, BBB (not accredited BTW), and now here. If you want punctuality and professionalism, look ELSEWHERE!

Description of Work
Deck rebuild

Category decks,basement waterproofing,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

When I arrived to the appointment mr [Member Name Removed] was no where to be found. Front door wide open. No one home. He wasted my time. I called he told me he left because I was 5 minutes late and he was not returning home. The home was in complete shambles toilet and tub int the front yard. Building materials lying everywhere. I told him he was a jerk for eating my time If you read the other 6...

07/08/2020

It went extremely well - couldn't have been better. The two carpenters, Mike and Lou, were very professional and very hardworking. They were polite, and always friendly and approachable. They explained the process, the amount of time it would take, which days, and the the times of day they would be there. And they were always there when they said they would be. The contract was clear and included ...

Description of Work
Build new Chippendale railings on deck, build ramp, replace some deck boards, strip and stain deck, stain ramp, and railings

Category basement waterproofing,deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

Thanks for the kind words and please call if we can help again!

05/15/2020

Was professional, on time, got it done well/right. I was impressed with his candor and work ethic.

Description of Work
I needed a 4x4 porch put up to get into/exit a mobile home

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

03/09/2020

Michael Motley was very pleasant to work with starting from the initial contact. He came to inspect the job needed to done and gave me a quote. Once we agreed on the price, he sent me the contract. After that, he and his colleague came to finish the job. I had good conversations with both gentlemen. Michael also game a few advises about house maintenance.

Description of Work
We replaced a pole of an upper deck

Work Completed On 05/10/2016

Thank you for your review. Please contact us if we can help with anything else!!

03/08/2020

On a cold and rainy day Mike Motley and an associate climbed to our roof and re built two chimney crowns. We were very pleased with his work and would love to hire him again for anything needed again. On time and on budget.

Description of Work
rebuilt chimney caps

Category masonry,remodeling

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

Thank you for you review! It was nice meeting you and you wife. Call if we can help with anything else!

Residential home repair. Remodeling-general, kitchen & bathroom. Additions-garage, room & barns. Decks & porches. Tile work. Waterproofing systems. Doors. Windows. Roofing. Pergolas. Fencing.

Carpet installation