Toned Homes

Founded 1996 • With Angi since January 2012

8034 Culebra Rd #510

San Antonio, TX 78251

Toned Homes LLC is a full service Air conditioning, home care and remodeling company. We specialize in existing occupied residential homes. Room designs, bathrooms, kitchens, and indoor comfort, air quality, windows, siding and almost everything on our home!...

03/04/2021

Sylvia A.

Work was well done. Cabinets look great with the new kitchen window. Rick did an awesome job.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets, and kitchen window

01/05/2019

Shelby R.

Mr. Gonzalez was able to work with us and get us a good price as well as approved for financing. Installation was fast and smooth. We will be hiring him again for other remodeling that needs to be done.

Description of Work
Heating & A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks so much for the business and the review!

06/13/2018

Dennis A.

Installation was great. No mess. Workers cleaned up after work was complete. Totally replaced a 14 yr old contractor A/C unit and compressor with a 17 SEER Ruud System. They also sealed leaky air ducts in the attic. They also supplied us with a compatible smart thermostat we can control remotely. And they assisted with the paperwork to apply for utility rebates. Financing was very affordable.

Description of Work
A/C replacement.

06/06/2018

IRENE T.

The service was outstanding! They went above and beyond for us. My wife was scheduled for surgery when our AC stopped working, We checked Angie's list and called Toned Homes, they came out immediately, and troubleshot the problem. they got us running temporarily but it was determined we needed a new inside unit. While I was at hospital with my wife for the procedure my son let them in to replaced the unit. They worked tirelessly to make sure that my wife could rest comfortably when we got home. All the technicians along with Tone himself showed so much concern for my wife's well being that I felt I was dealing with family. Tone even worked well into the night to make sure the unit was up and running and the house was cool. My family has found our AC service company for life, these guys are awesome and I highly recommend them! If Angie had A+ instead of just A they would definitely get that rating instead. Great company!!!!!

Description of Work
inside AC unit replaced

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,home remodeling

Thanks so much for the great review and for your business.

08/23/2016

marcellus S.

Saved me $7000!!! My AC went out and left us with an 89 degree tempature inside our home. I had several reputable HVAC companies come out to service my AC. They all told me my system was beyond repair and because of the age of my unit (12 years) it was out of date and I would need to replace the entire system. The prices ranged from $6000-$10,000. I called Toned Homes and the owner Tony came by within the hour to check my system. He was very friendly, informative and thorough. Unlike the "others" he didn't try to upsell me a new system, he took his time and figured out the problem with my AC and fixed it! I was very happy with my expirience with Toned Homes and in the future when I do actually need a new AC I will definitely call them first.

Description of Work
A/C repair.

02/22/2016

Cammie M.

I talked with Christina about our needing our grout fixed (along with some lighting fixtures changed out, etc.) and she asked that I send some pictures. I sent the pics the following day expecting an estimate and waited for almost a week before contacting them again. She apologized and said she'd get an estimate soon...another week later and no estimate. Why spend your advertising dollars and time only to fail to respond to people?

Description of Work
nothing

Category ceramic tile,electrician,home remodeling

We are sorry that the member had this experience. We strive to communicate with our customers and to do our best to help. When we recieved the pictures from the customer we felt there was some unknown factors we might need to address. In trying to figure out a solution it took too long for the members needs. Turned out it was a simple fix and we over thunk it! We misread this situation and we wish there was a way to show the member that we are a great partner however they already had the work done. We are very sorry for any inconvenience and we have learned from this experience.

11/16/2015

Margaret T.

We showed the tile we wanted for our hall bathroom, but Toned couldn't provide it for us. Instead, he showed us alternate materials, so we had to choose from his selection. We signed contract with Toned at end of August, but the company didn't begin demolition until mid-September. He told us the job could take up to two months, and it did stretch into the second month. Many problems occurred such as Tone didn't measure floor correctly, or Tone gave the wrong cabinet door style, or the new window screen had holes in it. The process took way too long, and there was even a whole week where NO work was done at all. Toned asked for more money BEFORE the job was completed. Towards the end of the job, he wanted full payment when work had not yet been finished. This owner is so money-hungry, yet he's disorganized. I recommend that the homeowner keep accurate accounting of payments made because Toned Homes tried to over-bill me. But, my own accounting records showed my payments are completed. After this bad experience, I don't want to remodel again for a very long time.

Description of Work
Hall Bathroom remodel. The workers did a good job, they cleaned up after themselves. They were polite & courteous. Unfortunately, the owner left a lot to be desired because he seems to before concerned with money than with quality.

Category home remodeling

The customer is correct about some things in this review 1. I personally mismeasured the floor 2. I ordered the wrong panel for the cabinets 3. We received a damaged screen Other things in this review are a mean spirited and a personal attack on me the owner. 1. We have done work for them before. Look directly below and you will see that we installed a complete ac system, ducts and insulation for this same customer. 2. We started the job when agreed 3. We completed the job when predicted 4. All problems were quickly responded to(a d rating is not fair for responsiveness) 5. We were punctual 6. We provided a high level quality job. 7. I am money hungry and more concerned withmoney than quality . This is a crazy statement. Quality is not a question ever for us!Unfortunately she told my worker on the final day of work that she was going to make me wait since the job took a long time and the screen came damaged. I felt holding the final payment was intentional and that she was trying to prevent me from completing the job. I didnt ask for payment in full before the job was completed. I asked to be allowed to compete the job so that we could be paid. (At that point there was a more than $7000 BALANCE being held for a screen that was damaged in delivery) 8. I couldnt provide the tile they picked: they selected a tile from a closeout store that was cheap looking and thin I suggested a tile from one of our sources and the tile that we provided was a higher quality and much more beautiful. 9. I told them it could take 8 to ten weeks. We started mid September and finished the first week of November. I am going to try to post photos of this bathroom. It is awesome. I appreciate the work and we will honor all warranties on this job and the other work we have done for them. I am sorry for the disappointment from the customer. I will work harder to be more organized and to be as perfect as possible.

09/29/2015

Margaret T.

One worker came to our home on a Monday for a materials list, and the work began on Tuesday and lasted until Thursday. Everyone was polite and professional. They did a good job, and I'll use the company again.

Description of Work
Install new RUDD heating and air system for $10,224. Also, build a new box and 10 ducts for $3,495.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,home remodeling

08/27/2015

Carl S.

I would say that Tone was very professional, easy to work with, and helpful in thinking about what we wanted to do in the kitchen. He gave us some ideas about options. In the end we did not go with him because the cost of the project came back much more than we wanted to spend. Since then, we got some other bids and decided to follow up on those. What I found troubling, and I don't know if this is an Angie's List problem or the contractor's problem - is that we got the exact same discussion, basic drawings, and bidding from several companies free of charge, i.e. no consultation fee. I am not sure why Angie's List supports these fees with deals when many other contractors - virtually all that we've worked with since - provide this as a free service. Live and learn.

Description of Work
Provided a consultation and a very basic drawing on a kitchen remodel.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

07/19/2015

Delia R.

After hearing how another contractor had conned me, Tony worked with me on the payment of my AC unit (5 ton Ruud-both inside & outside units) and was just awesome! He came out and saw that my current AC was fried and that we were miserable in the heat. His guys were out FIRST THING the VERY NEXT MORNING and we were happy as clams by that afternoon! They were clean, friendly, prompt and professional! I was so happy with them that I am having them replace my roof next! I have, and will continue to, recommended them to everyone I know!

Description of Work
Toned Homes installed a new 5 ton Ruud (inside & out units).

Canco Construction, LLC

Carranza Restoration LLC

The team at Carranza Restoration are experts at dealing with your home improvement projects. We are diligent in exterior repairs including roofing, siding, and fencing to interior work including drywall and paint repairs, flooring replacement and kitchen and bath renovations. Call us with your insurance related claim as well and we can help you navigate the project with your adjuster and maximize what your insurance can help you cover. Give us a call. With over 20 years experience we look forward to working with you!

Propel Prefab, LLC

Propel Prefab offers metal fabrication and welding service. We have mobile welding options available. In additional, we also offer electrical prefabrication service.

TACLA 12652C H921963
    San Antonio, TX
    City of San Antonio, State of Texas, City of San Antonio
    09/21/2016

Windows, Siding, Air Conditioning & Heating, Patio Covers, Room Additions, Room Enclosures, Sunrooms, Custom Remodeling, Painting Interior & Exterior, Trim Work, Flagstone, Outdoor Living Environments.

foundations, plumbing