First Place Windows

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2013

I am Larry Bindel, the owner of First Place Windows. I've been involved in the residential building and remodeling business for over 30 years. I started this business with the intent of being the best in the industry. We have built our business around treating everyone the way that we would like to be treated. In an industry that is filled with high pressured sales tactics. We like to stand out above the rest. Who likes to be pressured into a price that is "only good today." In today's market, buyers are more educated. They want to consider all of their options. We believe that after considering all of your options without being pressured, you will make the best decision for yourself. We offer 5 different window lines, not 1. Each one is meets a particular need. We will assess your situation and give you a fair price on the window that most meets your needs. Our installation is the best in town as well as our customer satisfaction after the sale. Give us a call....

A Service Provider's profile image

+24 more images

window replacement (16)door installation (4)siding companies (4)skylight installation (3)patio enclosures (1)awnings (1)

10/06/2018

David D.

We have an addition in back that we have not used as often as we would like. When I was talking to Larry about new windows, he suggested a patio cover. He had it put in within 2 days and his contractor also set it up so that runoff from the roof would drain to the side of the yard with the best drainage (we had drainage/flooding problems whenever there was heavy rain - the patio did the trick though - no problems anymore)! Finally, is visually very appealing - we are very happy with the results!

Description of Work
Patio cover (open, not enclosed)

Category sunrooms

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

10/06/2018

David D.

I live in a mid-1960s home near the SA Airport that had the original single pane windows in them. Our bedroom windows would rattle whenever a plane was landing or taking off. Additionally, our AC and heating bills were high because we were losing cooled air and heat during the summer and winter months. Now, we have double-paned windows that keep the outside heat outside (where it belongs) and the cool AC air inside; beautiful, clear windows (with the bay window as the centerpiece) that also filters out harmful sun rays; and a new updated look to our home that has terrific curb appeal. I could not have asked for better!

Description of Work
Window Replacement for home

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind words. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

09/28/2018

Andrew G.

This was the 2nd time we used Larry and First Place Windows. He had previously done a rather large window/siding job on our home and we now needed to have our shop re-sided and new windows installed. Once again, Larry did a phenomenal job. His attention to detail is stellar and the crew always showed up, worked hard, cleaned up and left things in good condition. The finished product was very professionally done. I've gotten to know Larry a bit better now and he was a trim carpenter in his younger years which probably explains why he's so detailed. His work is perfect and if you're in need of recommendations then Larry is your guy. He'll shoot you straight and honest - and his prices are hard to beat. We will absolutely use him again.

Description of Work
Siding of an existing shop, 2 windows and 2 doors replaced.

Category siding, doors

Work Completed On 09/28/2018

09/28/2018

Andrew G.

We were EXTREMELY happy with the work done by Larry and his team. What started as a plan to replace a few windows turned into a rather large project of replacing all the windows and re-siding the entire house. We shopped around prior to going with First Place Windows and found Larry's quote to be the best value, but more importantly we trusted him and found him to be far more knowledgeable than the other folks we visited with. Larry offered excellent suggestions and the final product far exceeded our expectations. He encouraged us to think outside the box on a few things and we are happy he did - Larry's input was spot on. I don't normally write reviews, but when a company goes above and beyond and the attention to detail is off the charts good - then they deserve it. We are very grateful for Larry and what he did for us. We've since had him do a 2nd project (yes I'm writing a review for that one too) and are now working on a 3rd project with him which is a cabin in west Texas. I would 110% recommend him and encourage anyone who does to allow him to share his creativity -he's full of great construction ideas.

Description of Work
Window Replacement & Siding

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

09/17/2018

Chris G.

I reached out for a quote on around June 11th. I setup an appointment to get the quote on June 12th. We received several other quotes and Larry’s was the lowers but I liked the fiberglass windows better. We ended up going with Larry because he said they could get the windows in 2-3 weeks. We made the decision that weekend and Larry said he would come back out first thing next week. I didn’t hear anything Monday so I reached out a couple times and finally set up an appointment for Tuesday, the 19th in the afternoon. Larry didn’t show up and when I called him at 6pm he had an excuse of how he got caught up. I was surprised he didn’t call me but he said it wouldn’t hurt any timelines because they order on Thursdays so as long as the order got in by Thursday it would be fine. He came out and premeasured and we paid our deposit which was half the window price. I should have got that on paper because the contract did say 4-6 but both my wife and I heard 2-3 weeks and trusted Larry. I take blame on that one because if it’s not on paper I know that you never trust but I got caught this time. The main reason we went with Larry thought was because he guaranteed us along the way the windows would be in by the time we closed on July 31st. My wife called at the two week point on the status and Larry was short with her and annoyed that she would be asking for a status. He mentioned that they had just ordered them 1 week ago and when she mentioned that they should have been ordered 2 weeks ago, he said yeah but they take 4-6 weeks like the contract said. When I called he eased my concerns saying we’ll get them in for sure by the time you close so don’t worry. The windows finally got in and install was scheduled for Tuesday July 17th. They were supposed to come first thing in the morning because the appraiser was coming at 2 pm and again there supposedly no issue with getting 4 windows installed by 2pm. They didn’t respond to our initial calls either and didn’t end up showing up until between 11-12. Supposedly the install crew didn’t have the address so were just waiting by the side of the road and no one took any initiative until I called to ask where they were. Once the install crew go there my wife mentioned again that we had an appraiser coming at 2 pm and they said they would be done for sure by then. They also brought their dog that escaped from the truck and my wife had to get them to go chase the dog down. In order to keep the dog tied up, they then proceeded to tie the dog’s leash to our gas line. Once 2 pm rolled around they weren’t even close to done so had to semi-clean up and head out so the appraiser could come in. My wife had to call them several times after the appraiser left the get them to come back. Ultimately they ended up finishing around 7-8pm. They cracked the window frame and had to do a bunch of patch work which took longer as well. The windows looked fine once installed but the communication or miscommunication and process was extremely painful. Also once the windows were installed, there was a large gap in between the window pane and the window frame. It was enough that you could see light through it. Larry said that had never happened before and he would order new window sashes from the manufacturer and they should only take 3 days. Again when we called after 5 days, he was super annoyed and said there was no way they would only take 3 days and there was nothing he could do about it. Again, I asked why he said 3 days and he just kept placing the blame in the manufacturer. But he again guaranteed that they would be in by Friday the 27th and he was going to place a rush order. We got to the 27th and there were no windows and again he got annoyed that I would be texting him for a status and kept placing blame on the situation. Never once did he reach out with a status update but would get annoyed when I asked him for a status update. Needless to say they weren’t in and now I had to coordinate with the new buyers and they were for sure going to be in by the next Friday. At that point, Larry started worrying about getting paid and questioning how he was going to get money. I told him we would be paying once the windows were done. We texted Aug 1 because he said he wouldn’t install him until he knew who would pay and I said I would be paying once installed. I didn’t hear again from him until the 31st when he threatened legal action if he didn’t get paid. Never once did he call or text or email to tell me the job had been finished. And again, we had moved out of state and I gave Larry the realtor’s number to coordinate install so I had no way to know when they were completed. When I went back and checked with the realtor, they weren’t actually installed until the 13th of August which was later then the late date of Aug. 3. The windows themselves ended up fine but I would not work with Larry again because I feel like once he got the sale he didn’t want anything to do with us. I know the initial timing was partially my fault because I didn’t get it in writing that it would be delivered in 2-3 weeks and the contract said 4-6 but both my wife and I recall him saying 2-3 weeks and I even have an email from his admin saying it should be under 3-4 weeks. The whole process was not worth the stress though.

Description of Work
I needed four windows replaced before moving out of the house

Work Completed On 08/31/2018

06/12/2018

Gary K.

Great Company. I had them replace windows in 2013. The installation was very professional and on time. The service after the sale was also above expectations. I will use them again when the rest of my windows needs replacing. Larry is a great person to work with.

Description of Work
Replaced 17 windows

Work Completed On 06/12/2013

05/30/2018

C J M.

My home is 93 years old and I still had 18 original wood-framed windows, that were single-paned, leaky and so loose in places I had vines growing through the cracks…plus our utility bills were out of sight! After asking around, going to a couple of local high-end window display stores, checking with the usual do it yourself suppliers and spending three or four hours online doing research, I ended up calling First Place Windows. Larry, the owner, promptly came to the house, carefully and clearly explained his product and brought samples. He also made several suggestions for improvements that enhanced the functional layout of one of the bedrooms, increased the privacy in the bathroom and the ease of use for the two windows flanking the fireplace. I had a deadline for installation to be done. Larry carefully measured my windows and his bid was almost 40% less than his competitors. I was SOLD! He quickly placed the order and the windows came in on time and the installation crew arrived and set to work. Larry, the owner personally delivered the windows to the house and confirmed everything was set. The installation crew was polite, careful and efficient. We have had the new windows for over two months now. The windows are so complementary to the historic look of our older home. The difference in the interior comfort of our home is dramatic. The views out the new windows are fantastic; we were doing double takes, the view was so clear, to make sure there was really a window there. I am so excited about the special coating that makes cleaning the windows a snap. I just use water and a microfiber cloth. They are sparkling! The special security setting is a plus, so I can have the widows open a few inches for the breeze, but they are locked so they can’t be opened any further. I highly recommend First Place Windows. Lovely people to work with and they have a high quality fairly priced product!

Description of Work
18 windows replaced

Work Completed On 03/15/2018

02/15/2018

Pat S.

Overall the project was well done. The time frame for completion was a bit longer than anticipated--8 weeks from the time we signed the contract to final completion. Some of the problem with completion may have been out Larrys' control--getting parts delivered in a timely manner. Larry and his crew are professional, courteous, friendly, and definitely want to have happy customers. We are pleased with the final results and look forward to our energy savings!

Description of Work
We had all the windows in our home replaced and one large window in the kitchen converted to a patio door.

Work Completed On 02/12/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your objective review and thanks for the opportunity to work on this window and patio door project. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Larry

08/04/2017

Vicki V.

We bought a home that had been a rental. It had the original 20-year-old windows which were not in good shape and there were no screens. We had two companies come out to give us a quote on replacing the windows with double pane windows. The first company sent a salesman who tried to say he'd go talk to his boss and get us a better deal. We never heard from them with a quote. Larry Bindel, the owner of First Place Windows, came out personally and walked the property with my husband. He gave us great advice on what kind of windows would look good. He gave us a reasonable quote right away. He was very flexible in responding to the changes we asked for and he even helped us accomplish a few other things at the house. The windows are GREAT! I can open my blinds and my house stays cool all day long. I love the way the windows make my house look from inside and outside. First Place Windows did a turn-key job. They did not leave a mess inside or outside of my home. Larry personally came back and inspected the final job and meticulously made sure everything was done and was done right. You can't go wrong with First Place Windows.

Description of Work
Windows replaced.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

07/16/2017

Sharon M.

Called and spoke to Daniel, he informed me that they do not in fact do skylights, only windows.

Description of Work
Skylight blew off during storm, needed repaired or replaced.

Category skylights

I am sorry about your inconvenience. We have asked Angie's list to take it off of our list of services. They have not done so. We will reach out to them again and try to get it off. I just called them and they say that they can't take it off since other members have given us reviews in the past in this category. They said that I do not have any paid advertising under skylights, so it shouldn't have even shown up. They did their own search from Seguin and said that I don't even come up under skylights. I don't know what I have done to get this bad review. I don't know where you got the information that we do provide this service.

05/15/2017

Les S.

My wife needed all of the windows and one outside door replaced in our two story home. Before researching potential contractors we came up with a few criteria before choosing one. We required a company who was a fixture in the community, who exuded professionalism, courteousness, timeliness, and had years of experience coupled with many outstanding reviews. Last, but definitely not least, we wanted superb quality without overpaying. First Place Windows was all of this and more. Furthermore, Larry Bindel owner of First Place Windows rededisgned three large windows with the intent of creating as much of a non obstructed view as possible. The end result was a absolutely amazing. In my opinion curb appeal was increased 10 fold. We love our new windows and door! We highly recommend Larry and First Place Windows for your window and door replacement needs.

Description of Work
Window and door replacement.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

Thanks[Member Name Removed] It was a pleasure doing business with you.

08/15/2016

John R D.

Larry Watson time, courteous, and he did an excellent job replacing 9 windows and a skylight in our home. We would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows, skylights

Work Completed On 07/20/2016

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure doing business with you!

06/07/2016

Kevin I.

Larry was not the cheapest, nor the most expensive. However, he was not pushy at all, and I felt comfortable with his answers and suggestions for the work that was going to per performed. He and his team showed up on time each day, and went right to work. Windows came out great, and siding was done quickly. Larry pointed out some issues with my house during the window install, and he fixed with minimal costs. Overall, would gladly recommend him for any future work I need.

Description of Work
Replaced Windows and Siding

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

07/04/2014

Patricia W.

The owner, Larry Bindel, come out and showed me the windows. His quote was the lowest. He installed the windows in one day and they look great. I can already tell a difference in the energy efficiency: I used to be able to feel the heat through the old windows. The windows are a little more modern looking than the old ones: the panes are smaller and the pieces between the panes are flat, not raised like the old ones. But they look great on my 50 year old house.

Description of Work
First Place Windows replaced three large windows in the front of my house. The dog had chewed the frames, and the windows were very old and energy inefficient

Work Completed On 06/11/2014

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

02/25/2014

Gloria M.

It was awful, I wouldn't recommend him to anybody. I hate to be a snitch on him but I did not like the work. He got in a fight with his contractor. It cost nine thousand dollars. The windows were too small for the area. If I had got a professional to come there and review the job, I would have been able to get it done properly. I have got to pay the remainder of what I owe. He got in a fight with his contractor and the contractor was about to walk out. He was about to send me a different contractor but I said no I am already dealing with this man. When we went to court, he said that the contractor no longer works for him, but even the guy who installed the windows told me that they were too short. I could see that for myself, I know that they are at least six inches too short. They were just horrible. It was a horrible experience. I knew that in the future I wasn't going to give him a good rating. I think I paid too much. It was too much money and he counted the windows wrong and added an extra five hundred dollars to the bill.

Description of Work
First Place Windows came and installed some new windows at my house.

Work Completed On 01/07/2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. This is how we grow to better serve our customers and feedback is always welcomed. While we strive to meet and even exceed every one of our customer’s expectations, every once in a while a customer comes along who it is not possible to satisfy. We ask that any member reading this please take a moment to see our other reviews to get an idea of the quality and service you can expect when you choose First Place Windows for your project. Sincerely, Larry Bindel– Owner of First Place Windows.

11/13/2013

Beverly / Charles S.

First Place Windows replaced all of the windows in my home. The price was the lowest price that I found. The work was completed in 2 days. They did an excellent job. They cleaned up as they went. We are very pleased. As a matter of fact, we were so pleased with the work that they did on our windows, we later had them come back and install our insulated patio cover which we are also very pleased with. We would highly recommend First Place Windows to anyone who wants to replace their windows or install a patio cover.

Description of Work
Replace all of the windows in the house with double pane windows and installed patio cover.

Category awnings, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/01/2011

11/11/2013

Joann W.

We were so pleased with the job Larry Bindle, of First Place Windows did on replacing our windows and patio door, we asked for an estimate on new siding. His pricing was very fair and we decided to move ahead with the front of the house. We have decided to replace siding on one side of our house at a time in order to make it more affordable, and Larry had no problem with doing that. Larry is a stickler for perfection in all he does and it definitely shows in his craftsmanship. It was amazing to both of us just how great he made the house look. Larry does not take any shortcuts and is very meticulous in all he does. We've had several projects done to our house this year, to include roofing and plumbing. Larry Bindle by far exceeded all other contractors we've dealt with. It's very unusual to find a contractor so trustworthy and caring in today's world. Most people seem to be out to earn a fast dollar, but not Larry. We look forward to working with Larry in the future and HIGHLY recommend him! He even delivered a jar of his fresh homemade salsa a few days after he completed the siding.

Description of Work
Installed new Hardy Plank Siding on the front of our house.

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 10/28/2013

11/11/2013

Joann W.

After having several companies come to our house to provide an estimate on replacing our windows, we decided to go with First Place Windows. Larry Bindle, the owner, was the deciding factor in choosing First Place Windows. He is very knowledgeable about his product. He gave an educational and informative presentation without taking too much of our time. There was absolutely no high pressure tactic used, which was very appealing to us. The windows were ordered and arrived in the time frame provided by Larry. He and his crew began the window installation and we knew right away they would be a pleasure to work with. They left the work area clean after each work day and were able to answer all of the questions we had. Our house, being quite old, with a fair amount of settling presented many obstacles for Larry. With his previous experience as a home builder, Larry was able to resolve all issues without any problems. He is not one of those contractors that delegates work to his crew. He is very hands on and worked side-by-side with his two man crew throughout the process. At the end of the project, our windows and patio door look wonderful and have added a great deal of appeal to our house. Larry was such a pleasure to work with, we have decided to use him to add new siding to our home as well. Not only are his prices fair, but his personality and character make him a joy to work with.

Description of Work
Larry installed new windows for our entire home. He also added a sliding patio door.

Work Completed On 10/07/2013

11/08/2013

Carter P.

We got 3 bids and First Place Windows was superior in all respects. Larry Bindel explained everything about the windows in great detail. My wife and I were impressed with not only the windows but the presentation that he gave. He knows windows. We would have chosen First Place Windows regardless of price. They are that good. There were 13 windows that were replaced. They arrived on time and were installed quickly. We are so impressed with the new glass technology that really reduced the heat coming into our home. We also had 2 skylights replaced with their new sky windows that have the same heat reducing technology. We have noticed a big difference. We would recommend First Place Windows to anyone who needs new windows or skylights.

Description of Work
Replaced windows on our home and replaced the skylight covers.

Category replacement windows, skylights

Work Completed On 06/25/2013

Contact

Phone

14311 Toepperwein Rd Ste 102

San Antonio, TX 78233

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

Website