CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since November 2006

13923 Bella Donna

San Antonio, TX 78253

CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC...

05/18/2021

Susan H.

It was very good. He identified the problem right away. He was able to fix it on his own. He doesn't have to order a part or anything to put it back together. Now it's working again.

Description of Work
He fixed my dryer for me.

05/13/2021

Liz B.

It went very well. They had the parts that needed and repaired my refrigerator right away. They were very friendly and efficient. They did not make a mess and put everything back.

Description of Work
They repaired my refrigerator.

05/13/2021

Clay H.

It went Great. They were professional and on time.

Description of Work
Appliance repair for an oven and washing machine hook up.

10/22/2018

Lois G.

Great service. Honest about what he could achieve.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan adjustments needed because of vibrations

10/16/2017

richard R.

Good. John Massey came to service the machine. Genuine guy with exceptional knowledge of appliances. Excellent customer service. Stayed with the job until he fixed the problems and got the parts. I would recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
residential ice maker repair

Category appliance repair, ceiling fans

09/24/2017

Laura B.

I really liked how he educated me on what was wrong and how he was going to fix it.

Description of Work
Replace dishwasher disposal, hook up dryer correctly, hook up washing machine correctly.

07/01/2017

CYNTHIA B.

Great! I had called Pop's appliance repair since I had used Pop's for years and was always happy with him. It was late in the day so early the next morning I got a call from John Marsh from" ceiling fan and major appliance repair." I was confused until John explained Pop had retired and John had bought Pop's business. I agreed to have John come out and am glad I did. John was polite, prompt and professional. He was extremely respectful of my home and opened the freezer drain, which is no longer draining onto my floor.

Description of Work
My freezer was dripping water due to a plugged drain.

07/06/2016

Todd M.

Awesome. They were able to come out the same day I called and repair our ceiling fan.

Description of Work
Ceiling fan repair

07/02/2015

Jane Z.

Mr. Marsh was punctual on all visits he made to our residence. He sent us catalogs via email for fans to look at our leisure and with his help we made a decision on the new fan we wanted. Mr. Marsh's expertise is what we really needed in this situation. Our master bedroom is a high vaulted ceiling and the old fan was attached directly to the ceiling with no down rod. Mr. Marsh explained that the fan was so close to the ceiling it would not deliver the proper air flow. When the new fan arrived he also ordered an 18" down rod for the new fan. This made all the difference in the world when it came to air flow in our bedroom. The $500.0 included the new fan and down rod, de-installing 2 existing fans and re-installing the new fan that was ordered and a better fan we had on hand. I would definitely call Mr. Marsh again.

Description of Work
John Marsh responded to a request to check our master bedroom ceiling fan that had stopped operation. We live in a house over 30 years old and the ceiling fan that stopped was at least that old. 2 years before we had been told that if the fan ever stopped again it would be dead. Sure enough after Mr. Marsh inspected the fan he found that it needed to be replaced. Since he was a dealer for Hunter Fans, we decided to purchase from him and also have him install an existing Hunter Fan we had in a box in another room.

10/20/2014

Cara P.

He was on time, professional, affordable and he did a great job and this appointment was late in the evening. I commend him for his attitude. The services were provided at a rental property.

Description of Work
Installed new ceiling fan in bedroom; balanced blades on an existing ceiling fan in master bedroom.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

06/27/2014

David G.

Professional service began even before John arrived at our door. I called him because our MBR fan would not work. John suggested ordering a new remote signal receiver from the manufacturer as the most likely solution based on my description. He helped me with detailed instructions on what info'd I'd need to get the correct part. The part arrived about 7 days later and John got me on his schedule within two days. He arrived within an acceptable time frame from the appointment (rain caused traffic delays but he called to let me know, so that's OK). He went right to work and confirmed the diagnosis of a failed receiver. The ceiling fan is big and heavy and centered just over the foot of the bed, so he had to work at an awkward angle. He was very careful of our furniture and covered the bed with a tarp. Because the signal receiver is located on top of the fan motor and under an uplighting fixture, he had to disassemble and remove the entire fan. NOT an easy job because of the fan location and weight. The actual replacement of the receiver was easy in comparison but detailed. He worked efficiently but carefully throughout, checking his work as he went, and explaining the process as well. After re-installing the fan he re-balanced the blades since they wobbled at high speed (a pre-existing condition due to some warped blades). He was exceptionally meticulous in doing this and there is absolutely NO wobble in the fan now. Then he re-balanced an identical fan we have in our living room. We are very happy with the work he did, how long it took, and the cost was very reasonable. He will definitely be our first call for any future ceiling fan or appliance repair.

Description of Work
Replaced a remote receiver in one fan, balanced it and balanced another fan.

12/19/2012

Thomas O.

He did fix my problem with the fan wobbling very quickly. Did seem to try to get me to comitt to him coming back to fix something else he thought might be wrong. Since the house was still under warranty the builder came over and basically said he was full of crap

Description of Work
The guy obiously knows what he is doing, found my problem and fixed and was out of the house with in 15 minutes. I thought 65 dollars plus 5 dollars for milage (I live right down the street from him) was a little excessive, so unless I had a major issue no I do not think I would use him again at a rate that seemed to well over 200 dollars an hour

Category ceramic tile, ceiling fans

12/05/2012

Chris K.

Very pleased with his work from start to finish.

Description of Work
John repaired on fan that was installed by a neighborhood handy man who really did not do a good job. John worked hard to rebalance one fan that was very unbalanced and then did another that was never balanced. They both work perfectly. He also installed the dimmer switches for both the fans and the lights. Did a professional job. Provided lots of information on the types of switches needed and how they work. I would definitely hire him again

Category electrician, ceiling fans

07/16/2012

Valerie M.

They were reliable, they came on time, they were good, and their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
I used the Ceiling Fan Service Center & Major Appliance Service to repair an existing ceiling fan.

03/29/2012

Patricia H.

Overall the experience was very rewarding. John was very professional ,yet friendly and eager to answer any questions we had about the operation of the fan or repairs he had made. I would not hesitate to call him again on any repairs my ceiling fans might need in the future and I am also going to call him on any appliance repairs I might need as well. I also feel the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
John came out and repaired my CasaBlanca fan . The fan is probably 30 years old , and I was so glad to find a company that repaired CasaBlanca fans. Stevens Lighting recommend John. I am so grateful to them. The lights were not working and had not worked for a long time also the fan was changing speeds from slow to fast . He knew exactly what the problem was, He had the parts in his truck that he needed and was able to fix the problem .

01/10/2012

DEBORAH B.

He does everything that is electronic whether it is microwave or electric stove or refrigerators. This guy can do everything. He is amazing. John Marsh is his name and he is self employed. His company name is Ceiling fan Service Center and Major appliance service. He has been working with us for years. He has done fan service. It has been a while we used him but fortunately we haven't had any problems lately. Everything that he has done for us has been excellent. He fixed the ice maker for our refrigerator. He has worked on everything from our stove to our counter top stove and oven. He is very competent in everything that has to do with appliances. He had to come and level a couple of ceiling fans. He was able to fix that without any trouble. I have talked to him over the phone and he has given me information about what kind of appliance to look for. He is very helpful and there was no charge for that. We are like old buddies now. He charges about $65 just to show up. You get 30 minutes of service and after that he charges you accordingly. If you call out any major service company, it would be more than that. I think he is very reasonable.

Description of Work
I have talked to Center For Major Appliance within the last six months. He has done a lot of work for us before that.

11/29/2011

Brent M.

We had 2 large, custom ceiling fans from the late 70's that were making lots of noise. John was able to diagnose each fan's different problem, and repair them quickly and efficiently. I learned many things I didn't know, on how to care for these great old fans!

Description of Work
Oiled, cleaned, balanced and tightened ceiling fans.

Category small appliance repair, ceiling fans

10/14/2011

Gary M.

I contacted John who no longer operates from a fixed location. He offered to come to the house and remove the fan or if I wanted to remove it myself he would meet me at a nearby location convenient to both of us. I chose the later to save the cost of a service call. John quoted me a price and told me it would take 1-2 weeks. About the 2 week point, he called me back to tell me the fan was ready. During his repair he noticed some soldier joints that needed to be redone to avoid electrical arching. He did this work so as to avoid any future electrical problems with the fan. He didn't charge any extra for this. In fact he even reduced his original quote by approximately $10. We agreed on another location to meet to pick-up the fan. I reinstalled the repaired fan and it works great. I would definitely go to John again for my ceiling fan repairs.

Description of Work
Had an 20+ year old Casablanca Ceiling Fan that needed a new flywheel. Called Casablanca to get a local repair facility and was referred to John Marsh at Ceiling Fan Service & Major Appliance Repair. The fan cost about $500 new back when it was purchased and we really like the style so it was worth repairing.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, small appliance repair, ceiling fans

06/05/2010

Cheryl B.

Price was most attractive especially when work was completed so well. I will definitely call again.

Description of Work
2 older fans with lights were replaced with2 new ones. Fans were balanced; everything worked fine. (no more fan noise)

02/16/2010

Dan M.

On his first visit Mr. Marsh diagnosed the problem as a bad circuit board and said he would have to get approval from Old Home Republic to replace the part and he would keep us informed. He called the next day with word of the approval and scheduled a second visit to perform the repair. On the scheduled day he was running a bit late for the repair, but called to apologize and coordinate the actual time of his arrival. He fixed the dishwasher and left our kitchen clean as he found it. The dishwasher is working well. He was clean, neat, courteous, and professional at all times.

Description of Work
Our two-year-old Frigidaire dishwasher failed to complete its cycles. It is covered under a home-owner's warranty administered by Old Home Republic. We called in a claim and Old Home referred it to Mr. Marsh at Ceiling Fan Service Center & Major Appliance Service. Mr. Marsh promptly called and scheduled a service visit. Under the terms of the warranty we were liable for a $60.00 fee for that visit, which we paid. After approval from the insurance company, Mr. Marsh returned and finished the repair. We have no knowledge of the total cost beyond our original "deductible" liability.

05/26/2009

MATTHEW O.

We made an appointment and he showed up on time. He removed old fan. He then removed old brace and replaced it with a new much safer brace. He then installed the new fan and balanced it. Cleaned up all debris.

Description of Work
Blade broke off of old ceiling fan. We bought new fan to replace old fan.

05/08/2009

Heather M.

The entire event started off on the wrong foot... We made an appointment for noon almost five days in advance due to my schedule and his. He gave me a verbal estimate of $90 per fan install, and less for the light fixture. On the day of the appointment--and at 1pm, he called and said he couldn't make it. I begged him to at least come and look at what needed to be done since I couldn't take off from work again and needed someone else there. He agreed and installed one fan that evening. After almost 4 hours--and $160 later for this single fan--we scheduled the next job. To his credit, he did take extra time to install a brace and expertly balanced the fan. He showed up the second time to install the other fan and light. Midway through the job, he called me at my work to explain that the light would not work properly with the existing switch. Due to my work, I had to send my elderly mother to the store to "guess" at what he needed. Needless to say, her guess was wrong--and he wasn't willing to go or stay until we could get the right switch. When asked, he explained that it would cost me at least another $70 to have him install the new switch. So what do I have now? I have two fans installed, and one light on an exisitng ceiling fan that doesn't work. He's very slow, very expensive (did not adhere to his estimate), and was not helpful at all when it came to getting the switches for the fans. I'm not sure, but I don't think he's an electrician. In short, if you need your fans balanced--he's probably the go-to guy. If it's ceiling fan installation, call an electrician.

Description of Work
Installed two ceiling fans and one ceiling fan light fixture on an existing ceiling fan.

04/24/2008

Eloy G.

He was very thorough. He told me exactly why the fan was inoperable and was so professional. I would definitely hire him again. Cost is based upon diagnosis and re-installment.

Description of Work
He helped determine why my Casablanca fan was not working properly.

03/31/2008

Susan O.

John was an absolute encyclopedia of knowledge on the 22-year-old ceiling fan in our family room. He could probably have recited the entire installation manual on the fan, which is not a typical fan. It is run remotely by radio signals from a control box installed in the wall. He worked quickly and efficiently. We would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Installed new light kit which we had purchased previously.

Category lighting, ceiling fans

05/04/2007

He was very courteous and informative as he explained everything to me. I went to other places before hand to try get help and no one really wanted to help me with the project. They just told me to get new fans. John Marsh did the repairs at an excellent price and I'd use him again and highly recommend him others!

Description of Work
I called him to replace ceiling fans.

Allgood Electric

Why should you consider Allgood Electric? Live friendly people answering our phones, we will take care of your Property by wearing floor protectors and work mats or tarps Courtesy call when tech is on way We will listen to your concerns with non-technical language. Upfront agreed upon price before any work is done .

Offers by Allgood Electric on Angi
    CROZ Electrical Contractors

Our main line of business is Electrical Service, commercial, residential, industrial. install and repair outlets, switches, light fixtures, disconnects, etc. We also do panel upgrades, meter loops, temporary power and lighting. we also do Electrical sub contracting for big and small projects. We install EV car chargers. We also install back up generator house outlets with transfer switches.

Firefly Electric Service

We specialize in electrical services, repairs, installs, lighting, generators, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Other

CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC

How is CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC overall rated?

CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What days are CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC open?

CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC is open:

What payment options does CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC provide

CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC offer free estimates?

Ask CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC for details on free project estimates.

Does CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC offer a senior discount?

No, CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC?

No, CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC does not offer warranties.

What services does CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC offer?

CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC offers the following services: CEILING FAN SERVICE CENTER & MAJOR APPLIANCE SVC