A-Screen Company

Founded 1984 • With Angi since August 2011

431 Norrthridge

San Antonio, TX 78209

Sole propriator- Occasionally uses subs on some jobs--$20.00 trip charge and $20.00 an hour + parts if needed....

12/29/2017

Susan J.

Due to a miscommunication about the amount of material needed, Larry needed to return at a later date to complete the job. He was very fair about this and the job was completed as agreed.

Description of Work
We needed four screens repaired in our french doors. He used solar/pet screen material and it looks great.

Category screen repair

04/29/2016

MH C.

Description of Work
Solar screens installation.

03/01/2016

Linda H.

Larry did a great job. I feel very confident that my cats will not be able to escape if I decide to raise the upstairs window. Larry is very friendly and explained, step-by-step, what he was going to do. He, also, charged a very reasonable price for the work that he provided. I will be using A-Screen company and Mr. Larry Vaughan again, when the need arises. I will also be recommending him to all of my friends and family.

Description of Work
Larry built a frame and used a screening that was designed to prevent pets from escaping for my dormer window which was missing a window screen. After he built the screen, he installed it on my upstairs dormer window.

Category screen repair, window tinting

10/13/2015

Mary L.

Larry was fabulous! I was having a great deal of trouble finding someone who would replace my screens without selling me new windows to go along with them. Many providers acting as though the job was too small and not worth their time. Then I met Larry who was wonderful from the very beginning. He assured me that he would do a nice, professional job on my screens, and he quoted a price that was very reasonable. He was very friendly and pleasant throughout the process and I am very pleased that I discovered him on Angie's List. You can't go wrong with Larry!

Description of Work
Replaced all of the screens in the back of my house.

Category screen repair, window tinting

This member contacted me through the Angie's List network several times with my responding to all emails until she was ready for an appointment for me to evaluate her problem and make my suggestions on how to solve the problems. At which time she asked for my quotes on several of my suggestions. decided upon the solutions she felt best for her.We established a plan of action, empplimented the plan. And apparently completed the plan to her satisfaction. She Has Given Me A Very Nice Review. She was hospitable to me and my helper to the point she bought our lunch, ate and chatted with us too. Thank You

08/12/2015

Doris O.

Description of Work
didn't return email.

Category plumbing, window tinting

I am sincerilly sorry to (Removed member name). I do not recall getting an email from her. Perhaps it went to my junk box, I truly don't know. I am also not receiving notice from Angie's List of my review's-- This one and the one submitted 10- 04- 15 from another member who's email through Angie's List did come to my In Box. I responded to it, got the job, and completed the job, and gave me a very, very nice review. Again, I appollagize to (Removed member name).

05/18/2014

Sammye H.

I contacted Larry with A-Screen Company, and he coordinated with the Tenant a time that was convenient. Snaked the sink, and got that all handled. $50.00 Re-Keyed the doors and reprogrammed the Garage door remote too! $75.00 Even made extra keys for the Tenant and me. Couldn't be more pleased with the work performed and the fact that I can go to one source for help! A Happy Tenant - makes me a very happy Landlord. :-)

Description of Work
Tenant called and was having troubles with Bathroom sink not draining properly. Also needed the rental to be Re-Keyed I went to the one source I use, love the fact that I don't have to come up with a different company for every issue!

Category window tinting

The lady is a single female that shares all single female fears in that if she hires a company for a job, she doesn't know if the company is over charging her and if the company is going to do a quality job. She has developed trust in our company by giving us small tasks to perform, and learned that our prices usually beat everyone else. It is a conpliment and honor that she continuse to use us.

05/18/2014

Sammye H.

I contacted Larry at A-Screen Company, he contacted the Tenant for me, coordinated the repair time, and handled it! It's wonderful having someone to call - that will get the job done! when things go wrong.

Description of Work
Tenant contacted me with a leak under the kitchen sink. Thank goodness he called, years ago had to replace cabinets in a different rental when it went "unreported"!

Category window tinting

This lady has tried us on several small jobs that pops up with rental properties. We aprreciate the thought of using us and hope she will use us on bigger problems.

02/25/2014

James S.

The quoted price was about $1,500. They came out, did the measurements and I had a quote emailed to me the next day so I as happy with that. It is something we have not decided to go forward with. Their people were friendly enough. They came in, knew exactly what we needed done, got the measurements and were gone in a short amount of time. Nothing special stood out about them, but I can't say they did wrong either.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from A-Screen Company for solar screening on the exterior of my home.

Category solar panels

(Member name removed) was very nice to me. Retired military, we got along great. Did not know he had gotten my companys name from Angies List. His guote would be discounted the 15% for Angie's List Members if and when he decides to move forward with the project. I wish him and his family continued happiness, and thank him for the oppotunity to serve someone who served America so long.

09/14/2013

Sammye H.

A-Screen Company is an Excellent Service company. I have previously purchased Solar Screens for my home (#13) - 3 yrs later still love them and the savings! Needed regular screens replaced at a rental, called A-Screen Company to see if they could help me. They did the job quickly, saved me money too - I would recommend them to one and all. They not only helped! but were able to Repair & Re-screen 2 screens for me - didn't have to Replace them! And then I needed to replace missing screens - had them in a week, custom size and installed. Asked if they did General maintenance as I had a Hose Bib leaking, and YES they handled that too! Couldn't be more Pleased with the work & the reasonable price. Thank you Very Much A-Screen Company you're the Best!

Description of Work
Re-Screened 2 screens with Pet Level Screening Replaced Leaking Hose Bib Replaced with New Screens (old ones were gone) 3 bedroom windows + Patio sliding glass door

Category plumbing, screen repair

Yes [member name removed] was under the impression she could run to the local hardware store and purchase regular bug screens for her rental home. But found out after going to the 2 'Big Boys' that they only carry screens for the manufacter of the brand of windows they sale, and carry materials to make your own screens. She was wise to call us as the cost of material,tools, and time to make the screens [ not counting the trips to the hardware stores ] would have saved her very little in labor cost of A Screen Company's labor charge. And that is based upon her makeing her screens a proper fit the first time she made them. Texas Rental Code requires a good condition screen on all functioning windows.

02/21/2012

Sammye H.

It's wonderful, it's cut my power bill by maybe 30%. I got the tan colored ones and it matches the trim on my house.

Description of Work
They put up all my solar screens on my 17 windows.

Category window tinting

I am really happy that this lady has been enjoying the improvement to here house so much to give my company a second report. It makes me proud of the product I offer and I am happy to see it has made someone else happy.

08/04/2011

Sammye H.

Due to the High cost of Air Conditioning I contacted a Solar Screen contractor. He came out and measured all of my windows (13 of them on a two-story) provided an estimate, showed the samples to pick the percentage of heat blockage along with the colors available for the frames and the screens. I ordered the full house coverage for all windows, the screens were installed in less than 2 weeks and all of the old screens were hauled away, the windows were all cleaned before the new screens were installed, and since I have lost numerous screens due to the wind, the contractor installed special hardware to secure each of the screens. I can now 90 days later attest to the fact that I haven't lost any screens! and my Energy bill from last June 2010 compared to this June 2011 has decreased by $70.00 and I'm totally thrilled.

Description of Work
Replaced insect screens with Energy Saving Solar screens on 13 windows.

Category window tinting, window treatments

This lady had moved here from California and was not used to Texas's summer heat. She was really interested in lowering here electric bill. I am glad she liked the colors that are available, and hopes she remembers to file for the rebates allowed from the IRS and our power com. CPS.

5G Electric LLC

5G Electric LLC services locally in San Antonio and surrounding areas. We specialize in providing quality electrical services while staying within budget and delivering in a timely manner. We are certified by SCTRCA as being a small family owned business. 5G Electric loves to take good care of its customers and makes sure everything is up to NEC electrical code to ensure the safety of the family and the home or place of business. We help our clients explore options and give great expert advice. 5G Electric hires only knowledgeable and skilled employees. Our reputation for doing quality work is only as good as our last project,so we never compromise our high standards. Pleasing our clients is our top priority.We don’t make excuses, We make it happen!” ................ANGIES LIST 2020 SUPER SERVICE AWARD................ ******COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL******* -Panel Diagnostic & Troubleshooting -Panel Upgrades -Panel Maintenance -Commercial L.E.D Lighting -Circuit Breaker Installation -Landscape Lighting -L.E.D Retro Fit Lights -Plugs & Switches Installations/Repair -New Circuits -New Service Install ——CERTIFICATIONS—— **DBE,SBE,ESBE,HABE,MBE** ***HUB CERTIFIED*** ****OSHA 30 **** ***Call now to schedule your next appointment*** ———— (210) 609-5909 ***Se Habla Espanol**———- BOOK ONLINE @www.5gsatx.com For a special discount of 10% off.

Lone Star Shine

Hello were Josiah and Lawrence and were a self owned business and represent Lone Star Shine . We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing all residential and commercial work . We pressure wash driveways stonewall , porches , decks , fences and patios . We soft wash roof , gutters , solar panels , and windows as well . Were Servicing San Antonio Texas and all the metro cities around .

Gleam Team Window Cleaning

We know that you have a busy schedule. You want clean windows, but don't have time or desire to do them yourself. You also want a quick hassle-free experience with a competent company. We can help! We are committed to being the most responsive company in town to your needs. We do everything in our power to answer every phone call that we receive. Our website is equipped with state-of-the-art bidding software designed to make your life easier. You can generate an instant bid right from our website; No more waiting around at home for someone to show up and give you an estimate! We are reliable, dependable, and show up to our appointments on time. Your happiness is guaranteed: if you aren't thrilled with the work and the way you are treated by our company, then we don't think you should have to pay! Try us risk-free, call (210) 767-8326, text to (210) 788-0938 or visit www.gleamteam.com right now!!

Check, Financing Available
    Satisfaction

Handyman services and have added sales and instalation of "Solar Screens"