A-1 Reliable Services

Founded 1967 • With Angi since May 2005

1282 Bandera Rd

San Antonio, TX 78228

In business since 1967, and under current ownership since 1991, San Antonio relys on A-1 Reliable Services for their A/C and Heating needs. We also repair major household appliances. What makes us different then our competitors? Our technicians. They take pride in their work, know the value of a customer and have integrity. They arrive in a company vehicle and in uniform. A-1 requires drug testing and background checks to ensure you feel comfortable allowing them in your house....

10/14/2020

Coy B.

I contacted A1 Reliable Services which is a division of Restore It Home Services who was engaged to service a residential Air Conditioning and Heating system in a small single-family home. The Air Conditioning was not reading the temperature correctly, so there was a differential between the thermostat setting and the temperature of the air supplied by the unit. A1 Reliable came to the house on October 6, 2020 and claimed that the cooling coil of the system’s indoor unit needed to be replaced. A1 Reliable is not standing behind their work. There was no agreement or any contract to pay such a huge amount for a repair job. They provided no paperwork of any kind. A1 is refusing to correct the installation and will not fix the problem or complete the job. There was no choice but to dispute the charges with the credit card company and notify them that charges were not legitimate. After A1 failed to complete the job, Mathew Boyd, the owner stated that the problem was not the coil after all, but it was the outdoor unit (condensing unit) and asked to install a 3 ton air conditioning system. Mathew Boyd, the owner threatened to place a lien on the property to convince me to allow him to do more work and pay him more money. I have had enough frustration and mistreatment. This is the worst air conditioning repair experience ever! A1 Reliable subcontracted out the work to a technician who claimed to have only limited experience, and A1 did not supervise the work of the technician they sent to do work on the system. The house is still in the same condition it was in before A1 Reliable “serviced” it. Coy Ballard 210.215.7683

Description of Work
AC System Repair

07/23/2020

Michael L.

Beware that A-1 Reliable was bought out by another company! The repairman's solution was to reload the refrigerator with Freon, which cost over $300. After letting it cool for a few hours, the refrigerator worked again, but only for a few days. I then had to wait over a week for him to come back and his only solution again was to reload it with Freon. Thank God he didn't charge me again. However, the refrigerator never worked again. I gave it away to a handyman who took it apart and found a great amount of corrosion in the main line. I am just disappointed that the repairman wasn't more thorough.

Description of Work
refrigerator not cooling enough

05/22/2020

Joe D.

These people are no longer Trane dealers. I bought my Trane AC system from A1 Reliable eight years ago and called when it needed repairs. They came out and did the repairs but would not accept the Trane warranty. Seems A1 Reliable has new owners who discontinued the Trane affiliation. So I had to pay. Beware if you have a Trane warranty.

Description of Work
Replace fan on AC compressor

03/30/2020

Jeff R.

They never called back or responded to my request

Description of Work
nothing at all

07/16/2018

Jeannette O.

They are excellent,the owner is very cool, honest and didn't charge me anything, plus they knew what they are doing, on time and also inform me before they showed up, very reliable.

Description of Work
They check the HVAC.

06/22/2018

Skye D.

I called A-1 Reliable who I had worked with for 14 years & always trusted. They told me I needed a new AC unit inside & out, + a new fan motor. (The fan motor was reluctantly added to the list when I questioned the attempted upsell to a new furnace also.) I was quoted $5700. for the 3 components. I did not have the money & so lived in heat for over a month in the Texas summer. A friend insisted that I get a second opinion from her company. I hadn’t thought of getting a second opinion, as I had trusted A-1 Reliable but I called her company (AC Technical Services, who are great!) It turns out I needed a new capacitor inside & out, a booster for the outside capacitor, as I have an old system, & 3 units of freon. For $1054. I now have AC again. I will never have A-1 Reliable in my home again & DO NOT recommend them!

Description of Work
Central AC was not cooling

05/04/2018

Bettie F.

Sears gave me an estimate of $89.00 for service call, plus cost of part and cost of labor. She could not give me the price of the part or labor until the repairman came out. I asked if the $89.00 would be removed if I used them for the repair. The person on the phone said no. I thought there were too many unknown variables and that possibly it could get very expensive, A friend highly recommended A-1 Reliable Services and suggeted I check them out on Angie's List. Their policy is $39 for a service call and it is not charged if they do the work. They charged a total of $116.42 including tax for the job. I feel fortunate to have found such a professional and honest company. I will definately use them in the future.

Description of Work
Replace water line to ice maker on Kenmore Elite Refrigerator

11/30/2017

Imelda M.

He was very good! I will definitely recommend him and absolutely use him, again.

Description of Work
Appliance Repair

11/25/2017

Anastasio G.

Dispatcher very helpful, called at 8:45AM, was given a window between 12:00-2:00P. Called me a hour or so later, told me of a cancellation, tech was here 20 min. later. Despite a simple fix, I have no doubt service would have been great in any case. Tech very professional, gave me good information about appliance. Very happy with company.

Description of Work
Refrigerator not running.

10/09/2017

Edward V.

Same day service. Completed in less than an hour.

Description of Work
Fixed in wall oven. It had a bad fuse on the back.

09/11/2017

HARGIS H.

identified source and made adjustments to stop the noise.

Description of Work
Noise in icemaker.

09/11/2017

HARGIS H.

Found congested exhaust duct in dryer.

Description of Work
Dryer was not drying clothes.

08/16/2017

Justin C.

Took a couple of calls (turns out they were on vacation) but once contacted, we got a next day appointment, called ahead of arrival, showed up on time, made the repairs quickly, explained what was wrong, and charged a very fair price. Have used 3 times for various repairs. Will use again.

Description of Work
Washer agitator stopped working. Dryer belt broke.

07/24/2017

Conrad S.

Mr. Huizar refused to give me a credit toward the bill.

Description of Work
The provider came to my home to look at my GE Washing machine. They charged me 43.25 just to examine at the appliance. Their 10% discount does not apply to the trip fee. After they looked at my washing machine they advised me that i needed 2 parts but that the parts were not available at all so they left. I looked online and they had the parts everywhere like Walmart, Amazon, and many other places. I called and spoke with the manager and all he could tell me was that the parts were not available in San Antonio and they do not go out of San Antonio to purchase their parts.

07/13/2017

Aiyana L.

When I called in, they offered me a next day appointment and Mark came out to provide the diagnosis. He arrived in the window provided, and within 20 minutes had determined what the probable issue was. He ordered the part, and a week later was out to replace the part. He swapped out the part and cleaned out all the dust that had accumulated. So far so good, and my fingers are crossed that was the issue. Overall the company was attentive, responsive, easy to work with, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
My "smart" refrigerator wasn't being very smart, and right after 4th of July decided that it was not going to cool anymore.

07/11/2017

stephanie F.

Mark came out and fairly quick diagnosed problem as either water filter was defective or the housing for the water filter needed to be replaced. Changing out the water filter to a new one, problem was fixed. No more water leaks. Ice maker started working again later that evening.

Description of Work
My refrigerator was leaking water on the inside and the ice maker was not working.

07/11/2017

stephen Y.

Could not troubleshoot since it was working fine when they came. Charged me a small service fee. Checked out everything and it was working as expected.

Description of Work
AC unit outside was intermittently failing.

06/26/2017

john H.

pretty well, but day after dryer didn't work properly. they came right back out and fixed it - no charge.

Description of Work
replace ring on clothes washer door, switch door opening on dryer and clean dryer.

06/02/2017

Stanley P.

We had an air conditioner go out in about 2002 and we called them for service. They fixed the problem -- it was a circuit board or something -- and we have had a service contract with them ever since. Then when our air conditioner finally went out they put in a new system for us.

Description of Work
They put in a new air conditioner for us.

06/02/2017

Stanley P.

I would absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
They come out and do our annual checkups. They were last here to get us ready for the summer.

03/01/2017

TOM H.

I made the call and quickly got an appointment. I was told the technician would arrive within a window of a few hours and that he would call when on the way to my home, which he did. The technician was punctual and professional. He went through the possible causes of the problem and diagnosed a failed magnetron. Realizing that I could purchase a new microwave for below the $325.00 cost to repair my nineteen year old microwave, I decided to buy a new one. The diagnostic charge was a very reasonable $39.95.

Description of Work
My microwave had stopped heating and I was hoping it could be repaired quickly and at a reasonable price. I had completed some troubleshooting and saw that there were several causes of the problem, including a bad magnetron. I researched Angies List and decided on A-1 Reliable Services.

01/27/2017

David H.

Tech found electrical problem in less than 2 minutes and had the washing machine fixed and checked out in less than 15 minutes.

Description of Work
Washing Machine repair

10/29/2016

Sheri R.

The serviceman pointed out the price of the repair was as high as buying a new washing machine. I appreciated that he didn't want to do the hard, messy repair. I jut paid for the service call. And he had a good savings suggestion on the replacement (bought elsewhere).

Description of Work
My washing machine was leaking

10/10/2016

Kim P.

Really well. They're super professional!

Description of Work
They fixed my ice maker

09/28/2016

bob S.

He found the problem and corrected it. He needed to obtain a part so he was able to come back at a time that was totally convenient for us. At the appointed time he was there, he fixed the problem in short order and it was done.

Description of Work
Refrigerator wasn't cooling.

Allgood Electric

Why should you consider Allgood Electric? Live friendly people answering our phones, we will take care of your Property by wearing floor protectors and work mats or tarps Courtesy call when tech is on way We will listen to your concerns with non-technical language. Upfront agreed upon price before any work is done .

Offers by Allgood Electric on Angi
    Firefly Electric Service

We specialize in electrical services, repairs, installs, lighting, generators, panel upgrades, ceiling fans, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

CROZ Electrical Contractors

Our main line of business is Electrical Service, commercial, residential, industrial. install and repair outlets, switches, light fixtures, disconnects, etc. We also do panel upgrades, meter loops, temporary power and lighting. we also do Electrical sub contracting for big and small projects. We install EV car chargers. We also install back up generator house outlets with transfer switches.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, Financing Available

Heating & air conditioning - installation, service & repair. Heat pumps. Furnaces. Appliance repair.

Appliance sales & cleaning.