Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc.

Founded 1992 • With Angi since October 2006

3.2

203 N Benjamin Dr

West Chester, PA 19382

Aspen Hardwood Flooring, Inc. was launched in 1992. Evolving from a previous partnership of the very successful and well-known Scandinavian Hardwood Flooring company, Aspen is Chester County's premier choice for hardwood flooring solutions due to its long-standing reputation for superior quality and workmanship. Aspen Hardwood specializes in custom installation, refinishing and repair of both job-site and pre-finished hardwood floors. Our skilled craftsmen take great pride to install a quality product in an accurate, efficient and cost-effective manner....

12/08/2021

Jayanth P.

We had Aspen do both a full sanding/refinishing of some areas and screening of other areas in May/June of 2021. The crew that was initially sent to do the job was a disaster. He spent most of his time smoking and chatting on the phone. What was supposed to be a five day job during into more than 2 weeks. After much complaining, the owner Bruce sent another crew to do the sanding - that team was excellent and did a thorough job. However, the other guy came back to do the screening and the problems continued. In less than 6 months since the job was completed, some of the areas that were screened now have bubbles. I have called Bruce and left a voice message, called the company, and have sent emails with pictures but there has been no response. So disappointing!

Description of Work
Hardwood floor refinishing

Category hardwood floor

07/24/2021

Kevin K.

- Don't even think of going with Aspen Hardwood. Bruce came out timely for an estimate and to pick up payment. The day of the job (after we'd already booked accommodations for the family and dog for the duration of the project) his guys call with an excuse that they're not coming. Bruce calls later and has no idea his team called out for the day. RED FLAG #1 - The timeline (5 total days) gets pushed back a day. - Next day guys do show up, remove carpet and install hardwood. Not the best cleanup effort - but I let that one slide. Bruce the owner calls me almost 2 hours later asking where his guys are. He said they're not answering their phone RED FLAG #2. Your employees are not my problem. - Friday the sanding and finishing crew is supposed to begin and sand/stain and we can't walk on the floor for 8 hours. That's fine - we booked the job - we'll stay another night in a hotel. Me working from hotel room, kids and dog spent the duration in a local hotel. I received a call early that morning stating they would be onsite closer to 11AM. I assured them it was not a problem - we would not be home for the next 36 hours. At around 3pm I thought to check the camera we have to watch the dog when we're not around. Nothing has changed - and there's no sign of anyone working. - Wife calls Bruce the owner who doesn't answer - calls the office and spoke to a secretary who knew nobody had been to our home - yet nobody chose to contact us why. -Bruce calls back and masterfully handles his excuses like a man who disappoints customers on the regular. He offered only apologies - stating he stands behind his team - and depends on them to make the company work, etc. - They already took a 50% deposit for the job - and I expect we'll be in a battle to regain the monies paid for work not completed. When asked how much money would be returned to us - Bruce said "You got a new floor didn't you?" - In summary - Aspen Hardwood is a "company" in the sense of 8 guys with beat up Ford Econoline vans who loosely call and text each other is a company. Do yourself a favor - pay someone else for your Hardwood project. - Oh yeah - you'll find at least a half dozen additional reviews that echo my experience above. Do your homework.

Description of Work
Hardwood Install - Sanding - FInishing

08/28/2017

Paul M.

Our phone call was returned promptly. Bruce, the owner, came out to measure and gave us a quote. This was done in a very timely and professional manner. We were pleased with the detail of the quote and the pricing. The installers were here on time on the day set for installation and were very hard workers. The project was completed in two days and we were extremely pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
We requested a quote to install new hardwood flooring in our home consisting of about 1,000 sq. ft.

02/04/2015

Michele D.

When Bruce came to give the estime he told me right away we had 3/4 inch flooring to work with. I was very impressed with his knowledge and was told he would have no trouble getting out the knife cuts in the foyer. There were a lot of deep stains in the wood that I could not believe Kevin and Rick Gardner got out of the floor. Kevin and Rick were very personable and answered all of my questions. The owner called the morning the job started to give them instructions and clarified that we were doing the steps and risers and they had everything down I wanted done. It looks like someone laid down a whole new floor. Kevin and Rick did a great job putting plastic over plants and taping doors so dust did not get in and cleaned up very nicely. I got three job estimates for this job and am glad I picked Aspen Hardwood Flooring. I felt comfortable with them in my house and had no issues while I stayed out of their way only coming up once in a while to look in amazement how nice of a job they were doing. After Kevin and Rick sanded the huge spot to show me it would come out they applied stain on the floor and also did a spot of clear polyurethane for me to choose a stain or just the clear polyurethane. I really liked that because it was better than looking at boards of color because you were seeing the color you would see in your home. I am very happy we went with Aspen Hardwood Flooring as they did a fantastic job. I would like to add that Rick and Kevin Gardner Worked very hard getting the stains out of my hardwood floors which I thought were there for good. I am amazed at how good the floors look. They did a better job than I thought possible. I will definitely have them back to do the three bedrooms next and will ask for them and I told the owner he sent the right guys because they did a perfect job. One very satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Refinished 770 square feet of hardwood floor, refinished steps, landing and risers. Installed oak shoe molding and several pieces of risers in areas where needed. They replaced boards that had holes in them and boards that needed replacing.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for providing such a constructive review! We take great pride in making our customers totally satisfied so it's truly gratifying to hear that you are happy with your new renovation. If you ever need another flooring project done, don't hesitate to give us a call! -Bruce Slifer

08/17/2014

Ginger B.

The quality of the work was sub-par, the customer service was very-sub-par, and the only time they were on time was to pick up the money (some days they never even showed up to work--no phone call or anything). We were told the job would take 4 days but ended up taking three months with the start date of the second half of the project (refinishing the stairs) being postponed several times. We would never recommend or hire this company again.

Description of Work
We hired Bruce to remove carpeting and install prefinished hardwood flooring on the second level of our home in addition to refinishing the stairs.

05/15/2014

Maureen K.

When we first contacted Bruce (the owner) he was very responsive in providing an estimate and getting the work scheduled. He assured me that the work would take one day (which was important because I had a commitment the day after he had suggested, and otherwise would have chosen to begin the work another time). One worker showed up that morning and had no idea that the job was supposed to be completed that day. There was no way the work was going to be finished that day, so I had to cancel my plans for the next day and the worker came back again. At the end of that second day he informed me that he didn't know he was supposed to do anything to the stairs, and had the wrong kind of trim so he couldn't finish that either, but would have Bruce contact me to schedule the completion. After a week of no contact, I emailed Bruce and got no response. After another week, I called and Bruce suggested they return on Thursday to finish everything. I informed him that I couldn't do Thursday but Friday would work. They showed up Thursday anyway, and then said they couldn't really do Friday. We rescheduled again for the following week. The worker who came to (finally) finish the work did a good job with the stairs and the trim, and also corrected a few issues with the original installation done by the first worker (specifically, there was over a 1-inch gap between the trim and the flooring in several places). There are still a few smaller gaps, which the worker indicated they would come back to correct but the fix would be more involved and require removing boards and re-installing them. My husband and I agreed we didn't want to bother at this point.

Description of Work
Removed old carpet and installed approximately 400 sq ft of pre-finished hardwood floor, and applied a coat of polyurethane to a stairway.

Category flooring contractor

02/21/2014

Cynthia Z.

This was the most unprofessional contractor with whom I have worked. A one week job took over four months to complete because the company owner refused to communicate with us. I left many voice mail messages and sent many email messages, trying to schedule work appointments, but the company owner ignored all of my requests for the work to be finished. He began asking for the final payment for the work before it was completed and continued to ask until the work was done (weeks later). I am very sorry that I selected this company.

Description of Work
installed hardwood floor

07/08/2013

Jim B.

The Aspen team of workers was very skilled, responsive, and considerate. They took care in draping plastic and containing dust (we paid extra for dust containment equipment - well worth it.) We are very pleased with the results. I would recommend Aspen for this work, and would suggest that prospective customers clarify the following when considering a similar project: 1. Responsibility for disposal of any debris 2. Any need for special electrical hookups for the sanding equipment 3. Awareness of the urethane curing process - as the urethane cures, it gives off vapor that smells like burning fuel oil when exposed to flame, such as from a gas appliance. This gradually diminishes over several weeks, but can be alarming when you don't expect it.

Description of Work
Refinish hardwood floors.

04/27/2012

Daniel C.

The installation was done ontime and very well. The installers were very professional and talented. They were very helpful even helping to move one particularly heavy piece of furniture. They could not have been nicer and they allowed me to pull several boards that were darker to put in less obvious locations. The installers answered all of my questions.Aspen Hardwoods refinished the pre-existing floor and finished the new oak floors beautifully. The finish is clear and smooth.They sanded the existing floors to bare wood and matched the new and existing perfectly. I could not compliment the staff more.Everyone was on the same page and was responsive to my questions. The staff was very thorough in their cleaning, taping andmasking. The operation of vacuuming continuously minimized dust resulting in a beautiful, clear and smooth finish. There were no shortcuts taken and I did not need to involve myself in any way. Afterward the owner of the company came through the job to inspect for quality and provide any needed additional attention. This was a well run organization that I highly recommend.

Description of Work
I contracted Aspen Hardwood to refinish my kitchen, hallways and entry. I also had them install 900 sft of unfinished red oak random floooring and 900 sft of prefinish Santos mahogany. They were also contracted to finish and refinish the entire downstairs of my home.

02/21/2012

Margi W.

They are really nice to work with. A little tricky to get them to come out they are very busy. They do great work. They came right out when I called them because the seam was showing. I called several companies and he was a little higher then them. I told him that and he adjusted the price to match.

Description of Work
They installed brand new floors upstairs and refinished floors down stairs.

Category hardwood floor

Crown Flooring Co

At Crown Flooring Company we understand how important it is to give our customers that individualized attention that most other companies cannot provide. In order to continue to provide our customers with the one on one time they need to make their selections, we are exclusively and appointment only company. We have received great feedback from our customers that they love the personal attention , flexiblity of appointment and not feeling rushed like they do in other stores when surrounded by other shoppers . Our flooring experts will work with you every step of the way. We offer private consultations either in our lovely showroom, located in Aston, PA, or in the comfort of your own home at no extra charge. We make it easy to shop at home for flooring by bringing out a variety of samples to choose from.

Top Notch Home Construction LLC

Top Notch Home Construction LLC for all of your home improvement & remodeling needs. Turning your dreams into reality. Serving homeowners & investors in Chester County, Delaware County, Burkes County, & Lancaster County, Pennsylvania and more. PA Lic # PA132412

Offers by Top Notch Home Construction LLC on Angi
    A and B Home Improvement

Home Remodeling, Room Additions, Flooring, Concrete and Drywall Services, Roofing and Siding, Deck Construction, Windows and Doors Replacement, Painting

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc.

How is Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. overall rated?

Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. is currently rated 3.2 overall out of 5.

What days are Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. open?

Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. is open:

What payment options does Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. provide

Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc.?

No, Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. does not offer warranties.

What services does Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. offer?

Aspen Hardwood Flooring Inc. offers the following services: Repair, refinishing & custom installation of both pre-finished & job site finished hardwood floors. Also retro fitting of pine stairs into oak or other hardwood treads. We also do feature border work as well as installations of inlays and medallions. Laminate flooring installations are also offered