A & L Appliance Service

Founded 1955 • With Angi since April 2005

We are a family owned business offering major appliance repairs. We also have a store to purchase parts from in NE Philadelphia. Additional phones: 215-632-9430, 215-355-9780...

My Local Plumbing Service LLC

Quality and professional plumbing services. water heater installation & Repair, clear clogged drains, fix leaking pipes or broken drains and more. Veteran owned & family operated company with our lead plumber having 35+ years of experience. We pride ourselves on being completely transparent and strive to build trust with all of our customers and community.

Offers by My Local Plumbing Service LLC on Angi
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Glenside

Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Glenside is a full service residential and commercial plumbing company servicing the Philadelphia, Montgomery, and Lower Bucks County areas. We are experts servicing, repairing, and installing drain lines, main sewer lines, water lines, water heaters, sump pumps, faucets, fixtures, and more! Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Glenside is an independently owned franchise part of the Mr. Rooter Plumbing system that was founded in 1972.

Absolute Plumbing & Heating Inc

Absolute Plumbing & Heating Inc. offers a variety of plumbing installation and repair services for residential as well as commercial customers. There is no plumbing job too big or too small for Absolute Plumbing & Heating. Evening and weekend appointments are available.

05/18/2019

The company that did the work was not responding, so I chose another. The owner responded quickly and worked me into the schedule for the next day.. He came out and used sophisticated thermometers and probes to check the situation. He inspected closely and found that a dispenser door had jammed, allowing cold air to escape. He freed the door and verified that everything was operating correctly. Ov...

Description of Work
My refrigerator needed further attention after an initial service resulted in temperatures still being too warm.

01/10/2018

I was able to make a next-day appointment to have a 2002 Maytag washer repaired. The service technician immediately diagnosed the problem (worn belts), replaced the belts, and offered helpful advice. I highly recommend A & L Appliance Service.

Description of Work
My 2002 Maytag washer needed to be repaired.

08/07/2015

Perfect. It could not have gone better. The quality, responsiveness and price was excellent. Keith responded to my initial inquiry almost immediately and repaired my refrigerator the next day. He is very experienced and very honest. I would hire him again without question. I would not use the service center recommended by Kitchen Aid, as they could not answer any of my questions on the phone and w...

Description of Work
replace drain tube in refrigerator

05/01/2015

It was good. My washer is old but they were able to get immediate results with it.

Description of Work
They replaced an igniter on my stove which lasted longer than a different igniter that had been replaced by another company. They also repaired my washing machine.

02/23/2015

Keith was friendly, and thoughtful in how he approached a problem for which the solution wasn't obvious. He was also responsive to my follow-up questions through phone calls and texts.

Description of Work
The spin cycle on my washing machine suddenly stopped. Keith was surmised that too much detergent had been put in, and all the suds were what was causing the problem. The problem does seem to be fixed -- without any further work, parts, or cost.

08/18/2014

It was a good experience. Scheduling was very easy. They sent one technician and he was here for an hour. He was very friendly and gave me all the info I needed and more. He had a family emergency and wasn’t able to come out for the first appointment but did contact me with information.

Description of Work
They fixed our dishwasher that was leaking into the basement and gave us suggestions on how to improve the function of our machine.

05/16/2014

The freezer began to do it again, I found that the only issue was that my food had blocked the air flow in my freezer. I kept the food away from the back and it never had a problem again. Then, unbeknownst to me my daughter also used this provider. Her washing machine was stopping up and clogging. They told her it would be a couple hundred dollars to fix it. They said the filter would need to be replaced. She found the filter online and discovered it didn't look to be difficult to install. I went and looked at it and there was a panel that opened, no tools required. I found a sock was clogging the filter, and didn't even have to replace it. The washer continues to work correctly.

Description of Work
My freezer had moisture and was not keeping my food cold. He removed the ice build up and said he realigned the fan.

08/29/2013

I called and asked what it would cost to come out and look at the above appliances that were faulty. Keith said $89 service call plus $20 extra for the ice maker that HE had installed about a year prior. Keith fixed the ice maker in seconds - the lever had become detached. He looked at the dishwasher and suggested the childproof lock had been turned on. After looking at my iPad and his phone, he told us we should replace the dishwasher, as it was not worth repairing the electronics. When he left, i read the instructions on the door panel of the dishwasher and turned off the childproof lock, saving us the expense of a new dishwasher! i wrote Keith a note, telling him we had "found" him recommended by Angies list and in view of what had happened, I requested a refund on the service. He was MOST abrasive and denied a refund. I would give him a FF on customer service and he certainly does not have knowledge of electronics on dishwashers.

Description of Work
We asked him to repair our dishwasher and check the ice maker he had previously installed

Category appliance repair","small appliance repair service

08/17/2013

My experience overall went okay. 6 months later I had the same problem occur. I am not pleased with the fact that I had to have someone else come back out to fix the problem again after that short of time. The other service provider even charged me less than this service provider. I am slightly skeptical of the work provided. However, he was friendly and professional. He was also very responsive to my phone call while he was on vacation.

Description of Work
They came to repair the refrigerator. He replaced a main control circuit board.

08/10/2013

The dishwasher was making a very loud noise so after doing research on Angie's List, I called A&L and was able to describe my problem to a person, and an appointment was made. I believe that the service individual who came to my house was the owner. He arrived at the appointed hour, identified the problem, and made the repair. I already had an idea of what the cost would be because pricing was discussed during my initial call. I would definitely use the services of A&L in the future based on punctuality, professionalism, pricing.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Category appliance repair

Repair & Parts - Washers, Dryers, Ovens, Dishwashers, Garbage Disposals, Refrigerators & Freezers.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check