Sto Sound & Vision

Founded 1984 • With Angi since September 2008

320 Old York Rd

Jenkintown, PA 19046

Welcome to STO Sound & Vision, your Best Source for Audio and Video, Sonos Systems, Wifi systems, Home Theater Surround Sound Systems. Professional installation. Serving Our Clients Since 1984 License #CL10 ....

02/27/2020

Richard B.

Project went really well, very professional! I refer him often.

Description of Work
Entire Project, best value was Michael's knowledge

Category home theater design,internet service,tv sales

02/22/2020

Rob W.

Poor job. Component left uninstalled, a mess of impossibly tangled cables, nonoperative remote, and costly service calls. Company doesn’t have adequate insurance for high rise apartments. Very defensive. Caveat emptor.

Description of Work
Home theater installation

Category home theater design,home automation

For all completed work there is a personal demo of the system to the client showing everything is operational in the system which we did. All wires are each labeled and organized again a standard procedure on all our installations. Insurance we are fully insured and provide a certificate of insurance upon request. It is a complete fabrication that we do not have the required insurance otherwise we would not be permitted to be part of AngiesList, which requires the required insurance.

11/25/2019

Buzz B.

STO was referred by someone in Philly who sells/installs high end home theaters, and I was not disappointed. Spoke with Mike over the phone, and Lee came to my place in Center City to set up the equipment. I have 2-channel hifi stereo with receiver, turntable, CD player and two bookshelf speakers. Lee set everything up perfectly, including the app on my tablet to utilize wifi and blutooth with the new Yamaha receiver. Separately, he set up a soundbar for the TV and blu ray player. Everything works and sounds great, including wiring in a professional manner that can hardly be seen. Lee made a suggestion on placement of the soundbar to improve sound quality, and was spot on. He explained everything very well and seemed like a great guy. I highly recommend STO and will definitely use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Set up Stereo and Home Theater system

08/02/2019

Kevin M.

Ron responded quickly to my inquiry regarding the TV Mount job. Ron arrived on time and was able to assess the job and give me a quote on the spot. The job was completed by Ron and his tech John. They were very professional and the job was done very quickly. I will definitely use them again

Description of Work
TV Wall Mount

07/05/2019

Bill C.

We were very pleased with STO. Not only did they show up on time and delivered on budget, they were also very professional - with a clean truck and in clean professional uniforms. Their work was first-rate and they also provided input on the project when we asked. They also advised on important safety concerns regarding the mounting, the wiring, etc... We would hire them again and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Flat Screen TV Mounting

02/26/2018

Barbara S.

We were extremely impressed with the knowledge of the technician, as well as how thorough he was in diagnosing and repairing the equipment that was not functioning properly. We were contacted immediately to set up an appointment for service, and received a follow up call to give feedback on the services rendered. We would definitely recommend using this company.

Description of Work
Home theater speakers calibrated and repaired.

02/08/2018

Jason B.

Awesome. Mike and Lee are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. They are thoughtful and proposed cost-effective solutions. I really appreciate Mike's recommendations to salvage my existing equipment (e.g. speakers, head units, etc.) and tune things up rather than recommending replacements. He demonstrated very high integrity and is very customer service oriented.

Description of Work
STO Sound & Vision made upgrades to my home audio system including additional speakers, sources (i.e. streaming music), and controls. In addition, they installed a new outdoor TV, dramatically improved the performance of my home theater system, and addressed a handful of miscellaneous issues.

Category home theater design,tv sales

01/05/2018

Laura I.

I couldn't be happier! From the moment we started everyone was extremely professional, responsive and proficient. The technician explained everything and even had a necessary part on hand. He made also suggestions I hadn't considered for future options since we are thinking of getting a new system. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again and highly recommended STO Sound and Vision.

Description of Work
They reconfigured wires, restored use of woofer, fixed prior incorrect installation of sound bar, and showed me how to utilize google chrome despite problems with the television ports.

01/01/2018

Lucille R.

Ongoing as there was a delay over the holidays.

Description of Work
Refurbishment of home theater

12/14/2017

Bernadette S.

The technician arrived on time and wasted no time in routing the wires so that I can diagnose any future problems. I was very satisfied with the results and would use this company in the future.

Description of Work
Organize the rat's nest of wires for my TV and sound system.

12/01/2017

Dominic R.

AWESOME, once again. I strongly recommend using STO Sound and Vision for your audio/video needs. Mike the owner is great! He is responsive and makes helpful suggestions based after assessing your existing situation - unlike others, he does NOT try to sell you pieces of equipment you don't need. When it comes to installation, Lee is equally great - professional, friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. I refer all my friends and family to STO Sound and Vision, and I strongly recommend fellow Angie's List users to use them too!

Description of Work
Various types of audio/video projects, including TV, stereo, installation and home automation, etc. STO has all the latest audio/video equipment and services you need.

Category home theater design,tv sales,home automation

11/23/2017

ARTHUR M.

Two technicians arrived on time. The helper was only needed for the screen installation and was able to leave after a couple of hrs. Lee, the primary tech was efficient and very knowledgable. He made sure all systems were working correctly and instructed me on the operation. He also took the time to check out a defective subwoofer on a separate systems and cleaned up after himself before leaving. Total labor charge was significantly less than originally estimated, for which I was pleasantly surprised.

Description of Work
Installation of a new customer supplied 4k Sony TV, 96" manual screen, 4k DVD. All items were linked to an existing Direct TV Genie mini and the customers stereo. Supply and install TV mount, 2 25' HDMI cables and wire raceway etc.

11/14/2017

George Z.

Better than expected. Mike came over and really took time out to make a plan that fit our budget and what we were looking for. He suggested a wireless box to replace our Verizon box and put all the equipment in another room. In addition his staff was able to install an outlet above our mantle where we had live wires available. This was an unexpected bonus! His staff was extremely courteous and professional. We had two other companies come and give us estimates and STO's was by far the most affordable. Mike did not try to take advantage of us and the final price was almost exactly what his estimate was.

Description of Work
I needed my TV mounted along with a soundbar above my mantle but did not want to drill any holes to hide the equipment/wires.

10/13/2017

Johnnie P.

Fantastic,I was really impressed with the Professionalism they showed me.I had tried to contact other installers threw the yellow pages & on line. No one returned my phone calls or on line messages. I was starting to think no one wanted my business. Finally I tried goggle , a few names popped up , after being disappointed quite a few times I really had no expectation of anyone answering my calls I took a chance & I called Sto Sound & Vision. Mike the President of the company answered the phone after a brief conversation, I knew I had the right man for the job. I made an appointment for 9 am the following day & at 9 am sharp he was ringing my doorbell. I love that in a person being on time. Mike advised me what he would do & the cost. I purchased a Yamaha receiver & a sub woofer threw them. After everything was installed on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest I gave them a 1000. If you're reading my review please give Sto Sound & Vision a try. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Stereo installation

Category home theater design

I appreciate your business. It was a pleasure working with you. I'm glad your enjoying your new system. Thank you, Mike

07/21/2017

Toni M.

From start to finish everything was great!

Description of Work
Installation of 65 inch TV with Soundbar, Sub Woofer, Blue Ray.

Category tv sales

07/13/2017

BRENDA L.

The job was done in the time frame allotted and was done well.

Description of Work
Adding and amplifier and volume control to our stereo

Category home theater design

Your business is appreciated. Look for ward to working with you again. Thank you, Mike

07/13/2017

Brian A.

I called several times and left voice messages.

Description of Work
Signed up for this promotion "$149 for 2 Hours of Audio-Video Installation and Troubleshooting Services" Why run a promo if you can't handle the work?

Category home theater design

Sorry for the inconvenience. Not our intention to not meet all requests, but due to calendar being booked was not unable to scheduled your work. Again sorry for this inconvenience

06/27/2017

Peter T.

Excellent. The expert advice from Mike and Lee was highly valuable to us. They made great choices in the purchase, set-up of the system along with integration into in-wall speakers already present. When we had ongoing problems with the cable provider, both Mike and Lee were patient to come to the home multiple times to ensure all of the functionality of audio and TV worked properly. Mike and Lee are experts who worked extremely well with customers. I will use them in the future for any A/V work in my home,

Description of Work
Purchase and install an audio system and television in my new home. Integrate it with speakers throughout the home and connect it with a cable provider.

Category home theater design

[Member Name Removed] Working on your project to meet your requirements from coordinating with your cabinet maker and painter to interfacing with the cable provider. Also, re-integrating your existing in wall and in ceiling speakers throughout your home with your new system. Thank you for your business and look forward to working with you in the future. Regards, Mike

06/05/2017

Sallie G.

All the work was done perfectly and in a timely manner. I am very happy wit the end result.

Description of Work
We purchased a new TV and SONOS sound system, they also mounted two existing TVs for us. They also set up an EERO system for Our wireless internet and now we have a great connection throughout the house.

05/31/2017

Amanda F.

Everything went smoothly and the technicians finished the work in 1 day. The setup looks great and best of all, we didn't even need to patch up the walls as they made sure to cut very clean holes. I would definitely hire Michael again and highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
We hired Michael based on previous reviews as well as his prompt and honest approach to his business. Once I described to him what we wanted, he came out to our home to insure everything could be done. 2 days later, two technicians arrived at our home to complete the work. We had them snake wire to 2 rear speakers, 2 front speakers, 1 center channel speaker above our mantel, install our 65 inch tv above the fireplace and have all wiring connect to our receiver which is on a separate wall. To do this, they needed to run all wiring through the dropout basement ceiling. We already had all of the audio/visual equipment and tv mount.

05/20/2017

Michael R.

Michael from Sto Sound & Vision did a great job understanding and analyzing our current system and making recommendations for updates that would modernize the system, while reusing our existing components where possible. He was curteous and informative, showed when expected and followed through as promised with an estimate for the necessary products and services.

Description of Work
I needed a consultation on restoring an outdated built-in home audio system and updating it to provide multi-room wireless audio.

Category home theater design

[Member Name Removed], I enjoy making your existing wiring / system to work with new technology. I always try to re-purpose clients system and integrate it with new technology. Look for ward to working with you. Thank you Mike

05/08/2017

Marilyn B.

EXCELLENT!!!! I had Home Audio Specialist of West Chester out here twice and they robbed me blind and didn't know how to fix a thing but overcharge me a boatload. STO came out and in less than 5 minutes found the major problem. Lee, the installer, was FANTASTIC!!!! He cleaned up everything, had my system and remote working properly since it was installed 4 years ago. I HIGHLY recommend this company. Honest, knowledgable, fast, professional and inexpensive compared to the other "so-called" audio specialists. 5 stars

Description of Work
Infared not working, wires looked like spaghetti, many problems with remote, etc

Category home theater design

Happy we could resolve your issues and within your budget. Appreciate you feedback and look for to working with you again. Thanks Mike

05/01/2017

ronald D.

Exceptional!!! Exceeded all expectations! 100% Satisfied!!! I even left my house to go to HOME DEPOT and everything was neat and in it's place!! I would recommend this Business to Anyone!!!!!!!!

Description of Work
the re-configuration of my basement Information Technology and my Audio Systems in addition paired my TV remote control to my Living room!

Category home theater design,tv antenna,internet service

We always like to make things easier for our clients when it comes to technology, from Smart TV's to Wifi, and all of the connected world we live in and exceed your expectations. Thank you Mike L.

04/26/2017

ben D.

Professional in all aspects of the job, from initial communication to final follow up. Work was completed as discussed in timely fashion. Would recommend without reservation.

Description of Work
Mounted two television sets

Category home theater design

Thank you for your business. Look for ward to working with you in the future Thank you, Mike Leshner

03/29/2017

Daniel R.

Excellent quality - and thoughtful advice giving.

Description of Work
Recommended a system for sound in two rooms, including Sonos and one set of existing speakers, one set of Paradigm in-wall speakers.

Category home theater design

It was nice working with you and your GC to optimize the the location of the Paradigm in wall speakers in your newly renovated space. Thank you, Mike L.