The staircase is the centerpiece of your home, and it’s important it looks the part. If you wish to upgrade the spindles and railing to fit your modern home, here are a few ideas and go-to tips to refresh your stair style.
Get matched with top carpenters in Erie, PA
There are 10 highly-rated local carpenters.
Recent Woodworking Reviews in Erie
- Panko & Sons ConstructionGreat. Tim Panko does amazing work and thinks through all details. He cares about the quality of work he does and always stay’s in touch to make sure we are on the same page. I would use him again and recommend him highly.
- Panko & Sons ConstructionWe are very pleased with the end result. Tim was welcome to our input and provided everything that was on our list. His suggestions made the job go smoothly. We would gladly hire him again.
- Panko & Sons ConstructionTim was extremely instrumental in in the design and layout of my remodel. He is a perfectionist which makes his work not only excellent but if we ran in to a issue or probe was able to come up with alternatives. Tim is a true craftsman which is rare these days. I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else going they this project with me. Thank you Tim
- Signature Building and RemodelingWe had hired Dave Lane before to do some interior repairs on our house and were very happy with him, so when we needed to do some repairs to the house before putting it on the market, we didn't want anyone else. He was very busy with other jobs, but he managed to fit us in. He did all the work after we had moved out and the house was vacant, so we weren't around to witness the work being done, but we knew from the past that we could trust him to do a good job. When we were able to inspect the work afterward, we were not disappointed. Dave takes pride is his work and always does his best. In our experience, he works very quickly and always gets the work done when he says he will, or sooner. Admittedly, he seems to be very busy lately, most likely because people have been happy with his work, so it is harder for him to schedule you in on short notice, but when he does set a date, he has always followed through. He was very responsive and informative. Even with being hundreds of miles away, we always knew what was going on. Anytime we would write him via email, he would respond very quickly and he was usually available by phone. He even sent us pictures of the work as it was in progress and when it was complete because we couldn't be there to see it in person. Our only regret is that we no longer live in the area so we cannot hire him in the future
- B Davis Enterprises LLCI contacted B. Davis Enterprises to renovate an outbuilding on my property. The second floor of the building was structurally sound but the first floor dilapidated and in need of removal. Brent Davis responded to my call the same day, came out that evening to survey the task, and appeared the next day with an estimate for the job. I agreed and work on the building was initiated within another day. Brent?s plan was to support the structurally sound second floor then use a crane to lower it to ground level after demolition and removal of the dilapidated first floor. The lowered second floor would then serve as basis for a one-story building to be outfitted with siding of hemlock board, windows, and ramp and door wide enough to admit my lawn care equipment. Shelving and a pull-down ladder to a loft area would be installed. Finally, an area to store firewood open on the sides but covered by a roof would be attached at the rear of the building. A work crew of six to eight members worked on the building all day from early in the morning to early in the evening for a week. Brent was on site frequently to supervise or perform work himself. My suggestions were solicited and I was invited to watch the work in progress. I was very pleased when the project was completed. The building appears as if it were newly constructed. The carpentry work is of high quality. I believe the agreed price was reasonable and fair. I definitely plan to contact B. Davis Enterprises in future when I have work to be done
- Sawyer Home Repair and RemodelingWent well from start to finish. Excellent experience. Mr. Sawyer was on top of all aspects of the job. Very impressed. Very reasonable cost compared to other quotes received.
- Sawyer Home Repair and RemodelingVery well. I haven't used Jim's services in awhile due to some insurance issues. I have done a good deal of minor repairs myself.
- Sawyer Home Repair and RemodelingAffordable & Absolutely beautiful. Perfect job without any blemishes to the painting and perfect corners on the floor all around the room and in closet. We have been waiting for 20 years to remodel this room and could not be happier with the finished product. Jim was done in 2 days and cleaned up everything as requested. Jim came in under budget also a real pleasure we never enjoyed before. He covered my carpet floors while the job was in process, no other contractor who worked on our house over the past 2 years ever did that, we really appreciated that touch. My carpets are old but I have them cleaned once a year so that was a big relief to me. We are planning out a series of other quick projects and will have those quoted soon. We don't have any time lines so we can just fit right into Jim's schedule as he has openings. We just can't say enough about how pleased we are. I will post pictures when we are done restoring and installing the floor molding
- DBC Remodeling and Construction, LLCVery well. Through every phase of this project DBL Construction was dedicated to customer service. They treat you with respect & courtesy, they have very high standards of work n ethics and are passionate about excellence in their work. I would definitely recommend DBL construction to my family and friends.
- M Masna Carpentry & Home RepairHis work was professional. I would have preferred the PVC being glued rather than nailed. He felt the nailing was a better method. He saved me a bundle of money on the door sill repair by eliminating the need to do a complete door replacement
Woodworkers in Erie
- Business Description:We use both established and new technologies, and have changed much in the furniture upholstery process, which allows us to provide top-of-the-line quality. Come visit our showroom to see our displays of headboards, custom made ottomans and designer fabrics to choose from. Always check out our website for more specials!!Recent Review:Absolutely thrilled with results of upholstery on two chairs. Matching of pattern was amazing. Very professional and customer responsive. Will definitely use them again and highly recommend this business to otherDonna H.
- Business Description:We offer high quality professional craftsmanship done by a father and son who have followed the same path of doing the job right and treating the customers like " You " deserve to be treated. We hear all the time of customers who have been mislead by people who think they can do the job and end up calling us. We are the professionals you seek and deserve and we guarantee your satisfaction. You can contact us personally any time of day. Tim Jr @ firstname.lastname@example.org 814-795-9991.Recent Review:Responsible, reliable, respectful, reasonable and right the first time. Exhibits old fashioned pride of workmanship.John D.
- Business Description:Jonathan Benson has been working with wood for over 30 years. He earned a Master's Degree in Furniture Design from the Rhode Island School of Design, has taught woodworking at the college level for 10 years. and has written several books, authored numerous articles and lectured extensively on topics related to woodworking and furniture design. Installations available in the DC Metropolitan AreaRecent Review:How could this company come to Illinois from Virginia??? Good question. The answer is. He didn’t. No one responded from my area. I did the work. But I bet this guy would have done it the same way I did. Looks terrific. ThankGayle P.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:DBC Remodeling helps clients remodel their houses into homes where they love to live. Operating in Erie, PA and northwest Pennsylvania since 2007, we are a residential remodeling contractor specializing in sunroom additions, kitchen and bath remodels, decks, awnings, and basement finishingRecent Review:We did the demo on our old two-tiered decking. Betterliving built a new upper deck from composite with aluminum railing. The lower deck was replaced with as 12X15 sunroom. The process from start to finish was a pleasure. All employees were friendly, knowledgeable, skilled, and prompt. Price was better than anticipated, so we went with a 4-season sunroom instead of a 3-season. The worksite was safe, clean and orderly, and the quality of the build was excellent. They worked through some miserable cold weather too. Deck – Betterliving’s construction quality was a major improvement to what we previously had. Their suggestion to use two colors on the railing worked out great too - spindles are a different color that the rest of the railing. Sunroom - also very solid construction. It is insulated well, and also helps even out the temps in the family room it is attached to. The gable style not only looks nice, but makes the sun room look bigger. They built a small landing off of the sunroom entryway too. It is important to note that they installed the flooring and contracted the electrical. Flooring and electrical work were included as part of our quote with them. Not all of our quotes from other businesses included flooring and electrical work, and would have been an additional cost. Having everything included in the quote also meant we had one project, not several projects. Deck/sunroom/landing materials – decking and landing materials were the same composite materials. The sunroom skirting was also the same composite. This ties everything together visually, and improves the overall look. Electrical work – Knorr Electric completed all the electrical in the sunroom (interior and exterior outlets, exterior floodlight, and hung a ceiling fan). They also replaced all of our outside lighting on the entire house while they were here, and moved a bathroom light inside. They were also friendly, knowledgeable, skilled, and prompt. And quality work from them too. We will definitely contact Betterliving and Knorr again for any additional work we want done. They are highly recommended! Note that Betterliving in the Erie, PA area is connected to DBC Remodeling and Construction (same employees). DBC came highly recommended to us from a friendSteve H.
- Business Description:SHOWROOM LOCATIONS; *ERIE, PA 5044 Peach Street, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat (By Appointment Only); *MCMURRAY, PA 3150 Washington Road, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM; *MONROEVILLE, PA 2644 Mosside Boulevard, Route 48 *STATE COLLEGE, PA 1341 South Atherton Street *WEXFORD, PA 11279 Perry Highway *MORGANTOWN, WV 918 Chestnut Ridge RoaRecent Review:We were extremely happy with the service, installation and quality provided by Pella of McMurray. We dealt with Rob Culbertson. Rob was superb to deal with in many aspects. I highly recommend selecting Rob to handle your needs. The installers were professional, respectful and diligent. They worked hard under cold conditions. They were cognizant of their cleanliness too and swept up frequently. The fiberglass windows and doors look great and I examined them thoroughly. My neighbors have been complimentary too. Try Rob Culbertson and Pella of McMurray for your needsChristopher W.
- Business Description:Highly skilled craftsmen perform at the top of their field. We display attention to detail & we are very conscientious on every job. The owner stops by job sites regularly to maintain the quality you expect.Recent Review:worst company ever I was overcharged the guys left a huge mess they had to come back 3 times and its still not right now they won't even respond!greg l.
- Business Description:General all around residential & commercial repair services. Odd jobs that may require a helping hand. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry, interior-exterior painting, power washing, flooring, storm & entry door installation, dead bolt lock installation and many more along these lines. Pennsylvania Contractors No. PA014920Recent Review:Bert is 100% professional, excellent workScott M.
- Business Description:For close to 30 years, Modern Window has been synonymous with premium, custom window solutions for Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania. When you add our ability to make yours a more eco-friendly home with the fact that we specialize in 100% American-made windows, it’s clear why this local, family-owned company has found success for so long. Call 716-873-8800 for your free, no-obligation appointment today!Recent Review:GREAT JOB; THEY DID EVERYTHING THAT WAS CONTRACTED. CLEANED UP, TOOK ALL THE RUBBISH AND LEFT THE PLACE IN A-ONE CONDITION, ALSO EXPLAINED WHAT WAS DONE, WHY, AND THE OPERATION OF THE INSTALLED ITEMS. EXTREMELY PLEASEDFRANCIS U.
- Business Description:My crew consists of me and Dan. I’m very fortunate to get 10-20 calls a week and be very busy. Often I’m booked up 6-12 weeks in advance. So if you’re looking for something ASAP then most likely I can’t help but occasionally I I can get to some. So it’s best if your able to plan ahead. I perform home repairs and remodeling. My work varies from small repairs such as drywall patches, hanging doors, trim work, handrails to remodeling bathrooms, kitchens or basements. I try to keep the work I do ..Recent Review:Jim and Dan did several plaster repairs and painted as needed to our complete satisfaction. Work was scheduled and done in a timely manner and with quality workmanship.paul b.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful woodworker articles
Curious pets, water exposure, and old caulk are possible causes of damaged or broken baseboards, trim, or crown moldings. Restore this wood to protect it from dust and insects with these simple, low-cost tips on how to fix baseboards.
Your new roof looks perfect, and you’ve waited weeks for it to be complete. But now there’s already a leak in your roof, so what do you do? Using this guide, you’ll learn the steps to take to avoid further damage and repair your roof.
Find carpenters in
- North East
- Lake City
- Union City
- Findley Lake
- East Springfield
- Cambridge Springs
- West Springfield
carpenters in Erie
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- B Davis Enterprises LLC459 E 17th St
- Bay City Millwork959 West 12th Street Suite 5
- Behr Repair and Remodeling65 E Main St #9
North East, Pennsylvania
- Bert's Handyman Service3015 Feasler St
- Bradrew Custom Woodworks11804 West Lake Rd.
East Springfield, Pennsylvania
- Braendel Painting & Services Inc.2325 Broad St
- Brian's Home Repair2715 Greencrest Dr
- B Davis Enterprises LLC
- D R WHEELER DESIGN & RMDLNG10100 SILVERTHORN RD
- Dan Stoddard Construction356 Cambridge Rd
- DBC Remodeling and Construction, LLC8391 Wattsburg Rd
- Dean Allreds Handyman Services2509 Saltsman Rd
- Desantis Builders3143 W 53rd St
- D R WHEELER DESIGN & RMDLNG
- East Construction14603 W. Center Rd
- Edinger & Son Construction8361 Perry Hwy
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elite Finishes & Renovations1313 Shenk Ave
- ERIE GENERAL CONTRACTING352 W 24TH ST
- East Construction
- K&D Construction93 Clinton St
North East, Pennsylvania
- K&D Construction
- M Masna Carpentry & Home Repair742 Clifton Dr
- M&M Timber Framing21935 Sutterview Road
Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania
- Matt Krol Construction LLC375 Moore Rd
- MC Customs Drywall & Interior Finishing3981 Ridge Parkway
- McGraw Home ImprovementsPO Box 291
North East, Pennsylvania
- Mike Kern Construction13159 Route 226
- Mine All Sell Painting and Home Restorations19201 Us Hwy 6 & 19
- MMS Construction3933 Oxer Rd
- Modern Window of NY Inc227 Thorn Ave
Orchard Park, New York
- Mosko Construction1807 Wagner Ave
- Myers Builders7291 Crane Rd
- M Masna Carpentry & Home Repair
- NEO-Waterproofing1713 East 51st Street Unit B
- Panko & Sons Construction386 Meadow St
- Pella Windows and Doors3150 Washington Road
- Peter Hardner & Son Inc223 W 26th St
- Pizzi's FlooringP.O. Box 1052
- Porreca's Floors & More356 Jefferson Ave
- Presidential Companies LLC3580 Innovation Way
- Panko & Sons Construction
- Quality Construction650 Green Hill Rd
- Quality Construction
- R. HOYT CONSTRUCTION9310 W Main Rd
North East, Pennsylvania
- Ramsey Son Builders4445 Edgewood Dr
- Rent My Husband1101 E Erie Ave
- Rick Hatch Remodeling and Repair955 West 35th St
- RONALD E LINT, General Contractor, LLC1641 CATHOLIC CEMETERY ROAD
North East, Pennsylvania
- R. HOYT CONSTRUCTION
- Sawyer Home Repair and Remodeling3544 Saasafras St
- SCHOULLIS CONSTRUCTION1105 E 3RD ST
- Servicemaster by Higgenbotham1946 W 26th St
- ServiceMaster Restoration by Advanced1220 W 20TH ST
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Superior Painting & Services3551 W 22nd St
- Sawyer Home Repair and Remodeling
- Three Dogs Woodworking and Custom Furniture 210 Ella St
- Three Dogs Woodworking and Custom Furniture