Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Allegany, NY
There are 1 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Allegany
- Harbor Sport And PowerVery, very well. The mower needed a new motor and the owner, Rod Miller, gave us a detailed explanation of the problems and an accurate estimate. He has excellent communication skills, is punctual and completely trustworthy. Would we hire him again? Absolutely.
- Harbor Sport And PowerRod Miller picked up our mower exactly when he said he would and, despite the age of the mower, was able to secure all the parts needed (not such an easy job). Now the mower (with snowblower attachment) is running better than ever. He did a beautiful job for a very reasonable price.
- Trackside GarageThey are friends of mine and they have always been great to me and always taking care of everything I bring to them, whatever is a car or a small engine or whatever. They are really good.
- Trouts Auto RecyclingMy boyfriend loves this place. They are what he calls "an old fashioned junkyard". I put lots of categories for this business because they have and do a bunch of different great things. We had them tow in our old clunker and they paid us cash and came got it the same day. They said they could send the truck driver with the money but we decided to follow the tow truck back to their junkyard because my boyfriend said he needed to buy some parts for our new car. So we get there and the lady gave us $300 dollars for our old car. We were totally excited. After that my boyfriend dragged me down into the parts yard to go look for something called an alternator. They had so many cars in their inventory that it took forever just to find the car with the parts we wanted. On our way back up my boyfriend had to stop and look at everything, I swear to God he was like a kid in a candy shop. So we ended up with much more than the part we started off with. By the time we were done the pickup truck was full of parts for his lawnmower, used chain linked fence to fix our falling down fence, a new tailgate for his pickup truck, some windshield washer fluid we bought for a dollar a gallon, and a bumper sticker for his pickup truck. All and all we really had a good experience and we spent over an hour and a half just looking around the place seeing all the cool old "junk"
- Sisson’s Chain Saws & Stoves IncThe service was outstanding! I can't remember the woman's name off the top of my head, but she talked us through how everything works and then gave us all of our options. She priced out multiple inserts so we would have an idea of what we were looking at. After shopping around for awhile we know that no one can beat their prices! Also other stores were reluctant to do multiple quotes as if there was not enough time for that. I would strongly encourage anyone to make the drive out and work with this family owned business, purchasing with them was a dream
- Alger'S Power EquipmentRay picked my tractor up from my house, he does that for Argyle residents, inspected it and fixed it. Ray called me, and explained what he did to fix the problem. Ray also checked to see if there were any other immediate issues since my tractor is almost 9yrs. old. Ray delivered the tractor back to my house and showed were he fixed it. Ray picked the tractor up on the Friday before Memorial Day (5/23/2014) and was fixed by (5/27/2014) the day after. Ray always has a very professional, cheerful attitude whether in person or on phone contacts. I will always call Ray with small engine repairs or questions about them
- LAKELAND EQUIPMENT CORPI was in the need for a new garden tractor and snowblower attachment. I did a great deal of research about the John Deere as well as comparable brands and felt the Deere most closely met my needs and price point. After talking with a couple of friends who had purchased John Deere products from Lakeland Equipment in Avon NY, I decided to go there based on the excellent experience by those friends. I got a couple of quotes online from other dealers, then went to Lakeland Equipment in Avon, NY for a quote. At the time of my purchase, John Deere had a sale of $500 off of the X500. I dealt with Dave and he was friendly, low-key, knowledgeable and professional. He explained the mower deck and snowblower and how the snowblower attached to the tractor. I also requested to drive the X500, which I was allowed to do and it was impressive in its handling, speed and ease of turning. Even though it was on sale, Dave was willing to negotiate further on the price, which was more than fair in the end. I also asked to swap out the rear turf tires, for HPAD ones, which was done with no issue, or charge. In addition, I asked that the mower deck be removed and the snowblower connected as it was nearly winter. I exchanged emails with Dave about some further questions after my initial personal contact, which were all answered promptly. I delayed delivery due to space limitations and there was no problem doing so from Lakeland. When I did take delivery, it was done promptly on the day promised. The delivery driver quickly unloaded the mower and it was set up as requested. He explained the operation of the tractor/snowblower and answered a few questions I had. The driver also said if I had further questions about anything, to give Lakeland a call and they would be happy to answer them. He informed me that they have a mobile repair and service truck that could come to my house if needed, which is handy to know. From beginning to end, the purchase of my X500 was smooth, easy and with no hassle, or pressure. Anyone looking for an easy, smooth, no hassle experience for lawn/garden equipment should check out Lakeland Equipment
- Sisson’s Chain Saws & Stoves IncI was extemely satisfied with the service performed. They explained everything to me on the day of install.
- Lewis Independent ServicesMy lawn mower engine was running poorly, hard to start or keep running. Craig said the carburetor probably needed cleaning. He was right. He took the carburetor apart and cleaned it, added a fuel filter and sharpened the blade. I had it back in less than 24 hours (on a holiday weekend!). I felt the cost was very reasonable and the service was better than I'd hoped to find. It's hard to find someone around here to fix small engines any more, so I consider Craig Lewis to be a good find. He also does other types of work, and I expect his manner of doing business in those areas is just as good
- LESCO SERVICE CENTERI have used them quite a bit for very repairs on equipment as it has been needed. I will definitely continue to use them in the future and definitely recommend them to anyone.
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Allegany
- Business Description:Emerich Sales & Service inc has been in business since 1968. We are the Largest Kubota & Cub Cadet Yanmar Dealer in the area! We were also the Second Largest Toro Wheel Horse Dealer in the World! We are known for our out in the counry Low Prices and Great Service. Emerich's has one of the Only Local web pages with Parts Look-Up! www.EmerichSales.com. We will be there for you Before, During and After the Sale! Check us out in Charlton / Ballston Lake NY 12019. We are in Saratoga County but we ..Recent Review:Sales people were busy due to recent snowstorm and COVID complications with industry production. Waited my turn in the Charlton store for next available sales rep who was polite and efficient. He located the Ariens unit I wanted on their shipment allotment and facilitated the purchase in short order with delivery in early January. Got a call when expected that the unit was ready and took delivery within several days. They also removed by 37 year old unit for scrapPhilip A.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Located in the megalopolis of Bloomingdale, NY, I specialize in the reliable, affordable and efficient repair of small enginesRecent Review:Wow!!! This thing is working better than it was before. I got a chain saw that I think he should take a look at too. Great service and price!!! Will do repeat business. <br />Gene R.
- Business Description:Lawn equipment and snow equipment repair only. NO LAWN CARE OR SNOW PLOWING.
- Business Description:I charge a flat rate for all jobs. I will work with most situations.
- Business Description:Welcome to North American Light, Power, & Electric Corporation's Angie's List page. North American, or Nalpec, is a full spectrum service provider capable of serving you engineered solutions and precision results
- Business Description:Lawn & garden sales & service. We sell lawn mowers, chainsaws, trimmers and just about anything you might need for your yard.
- Business Description:Additional emails - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. See website for additional emails.Recent Review:unknownDavid G.
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:Cazenovia Equipment Company specializes in John Deere equipment for lawn and garden maintenance, farming, professional landscaping, construction work, golf courses, municipalities, government, etc. In addition to John Deere equipment, Cazenovia Equipment Company also carries over 30 over premier brands. Cazenovia Equipment Company specializes in high quality brands and top notch service and support, providing solutions for every need. Brands we carry: John Deere Frontier STIHL Outdoor Equi..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Great Valley
- Lewis Run
- Little Valley
- Port Allegany
- West Valley
lawn mower repair shops in Allegany
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- DOUGS LAWN & SNOW9987 STATE ROUTE 22
Granville, New York
- DOUGS LAWN & SNOW
- JP Home Services4911 state route 145
Cobleskill, New York
- JP Home Services
- Vail Hardware104 Main St.
Little Valley, New York
- Vail Hardware
- Walmart Supercenter - Massena43 Stephenville St
Massena, New York
- Walmart Supercenter - Massena