CARPET ONE BY HENRY

Founded 1976 • With Angi since June 2006

4.3

2010 N. Church Street

Greensboro, NC 27405

Carpet One By Henry has been a leader in the flooring industry in the Carolinas since 1976. We are a locally owned and operated family business. We take pride in our quality of workmanship and knowledgable sales team. We look forward to working with you on your next flooring or tile project today.

08/31/2019

Michael A.

Overall, very pleased with the experience (Carpet One by Henry Winston Salem Location). My wife and I went into the showroom thinking we would have ceramic 'wood' time planks and the sales person recommended their newer luxury vinyl plank flooring ('wood' design). We did our research and agreed with the recommendation over time (susceptible to cracking, colder to the touch). The crew were a little late the first day but apologized and went on to complete the job of removing existing carpet flooring and leveled basement floor and installed luxury vinyl plank flooring (wood) over the next 2-3 days. The work was completed in 2018 and it's one year later that I'm writing this review to ensure the workmanship and product held up - which is has. The installer had great attention to detail to level the basement slab floor before installing the vinyl plank flooring, with a great job installing the shoe floor molding which exactly matched the vinyl plank flooring. One year later and it looks as if it was installed yesterday. Great job Carpet One Winston Salem location!

Description of Work
Replaced basement carpet with Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring

Category carpet installation

[Member Name Removed], We are glad you took the time to send us a review, even if it is a year later than our install. Without feedback, we do not know how we are doing. I do apologize for our installation team getting there a little late. That is very unusual for our crews, but it does happen. We try very hard to keep our Account Executives up to date on all product lines. They are trained and should be well versed in the pros & cons of all of our products. Luxury Vinyl Planks have become very popular within the past two years, and they do hold up well in all homes. We appreciate the feedback. Thank you for your business and we hope you will turn to us the next time you need flooring. The team at Carpet One By Henry

02/16/2018

Robert S.

After doing extensive on-site and on-line research of every Greensboro carpet store (including “big box” stores, Home Depot & Lowe’s), I selected Carpet One By Henry because: 1) they had a fuller spectrum of choices for our home in the mid-to-upper end, 2) they offered the time and attention to detail I wanted (from when I walked in to the last installation inspection), 3) their prices were actually less than other comparable mid-to-high end choices from Greensboro competitors and they found a way to sweeten the deal, 4) everything they said was true, 5) along the way they reached out to make sure scheduling, timing, and quality were to my satisfaction, and 6) they moved furniture flawlessly (they even vacuumed the dust from the back of my headboard before replacing it against the wall!). I referred someone else, who’s now in the process of re-doing half of their home with flooring and carpets by Carpet One By Henry, and he is more than satisfied with every aspect of product, price, installation, and customer service. Tracey Childs was the salesperson for both of us. Kevin, the installation manager, made sure details like a last-minute needed transition threshold were immediately provided, as well as having a clean, quiet, experienced installation crew who came and left on time. If you want assurance, go here.

Description of Work
I needed master bedroom and a room-sized closet re-carpeted.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for your response.

09/15/2017

WILLIAM Z.

We appreciate your response

04/28/2017

Larry F.

This store recently CHEATED me out of my money. Years ago I purchased flooring from them and decided to go back and finish up the guest room. I was informed that the wood had been discontinued but they were able to locate the 5 boxes that I needed. After purchasing the wood I was informed that two of the boxes were damaged. Not having any knowledge of flooring I decided to take the 3 boxes and try to find something that I could match with it. After exhausting all of my attempts and realizing that I would not find anything I contacted Carpet One by Henry and Darrin informed me that his manager would not allow me to bring the wood back. He mentioned that I had a small window to return the wood. I was never told this nor was in placed on any paperwork. I would advise everyone to stay away from this business

Description of Work
I attempted to purchase flooring and was CHEATED out of money. I was lied to and different rules were then applied.

Category carpet installation

[Member Name Removed] ~ Please give me a call on Monday so we can resolve this issue. I will be in our Winston Salem store until noon and in our Greensboro store in the afternoon. The Winston store number is (336) 831-0530 or Greensboro store number is (336) 379-1018. I look forward to hearing from you. Teresa Ridge Sales & Marketing Director

06/27/2015

John M.

Great. They estimated it would take a day and a half, but crew of 3 finished in a day. I moved all the small stuff before they came, but they moved the big furniture. Very happy with quality of the installation and quality of the carpet. Looks like new house now!

Description of Work
Installed carpet in 3 bedrooms, living room, stairs, and closets.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business.

10/23/2014

Hermann T.

Description of Work
Replaced sub floor in foyer and guest bathroom and then iArmstrong vinyl flooring in same.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the A - we appreciate you doing business with us.

02/23/2014

John M.

The sales process was satisfactory, and the product quality was superior. The pricing was satisfactory. The installation of the carpet runner went smoothly. the crew was on time, professional, courteous, and did an excellent installation. The cork flooring installation did not go smoothly. The crew was punctual, friendly, courteous and took the time to be thorough. Unfortunately, the process for finishing the flooring went poorly, and we were dissatisfied with the result. It took several days to get a followup, but upon hearing our concerns, the operations manager came to inspect the flooring, and immediately recognized the problem and pledged to fix it completely. The company came back, tore out the original material, smoothed and leveled the subfloor surface and reinstalled new cork all at the company's expense. There was prompt followup to insure our satisfaction. The floor looks good. We were pleased overall with the experience given the company's handling of the installation problem. We graded them a B only because of the original issue, but would gladly do business with them again.

Description of Work
Carpets by Henry sold and installed a carpet runner on a set of stirs and cork flooring for one room.

05/29/2013

Randy J.

First let me be clear that the two men who did the work were outstanding. They knew their stuff, we very neat, and top notch all the way. I would let them come into my home anytime. My issue came with the staff at the store. They did not call when they said they would, were next to impossible to reach and very unclear as to the process. The crew had to make a return trip to my home that was just completed today 5/29/13. They returned to install the transitions that were late arriving. On the initial transition install day, the installer had a family emergency and could not come. The project manager waited over 4 hours to notify me that the crew would not be coming. I wasted a large part of the day waiting for a crew that was not coming. His answer to me was and quot; sorry, I should have called soonerand quot;. Each time I had to deal with someone other that the install crew, they were late or non-reponsive. I again emphasize that the install crew did a fantastic job, I could not rate them any higher. The rest of the operation would leave me no choice but to go in another direction if I need those services again.

Description of Work
Installed Laminate flooring in living room, hallway and entry hall.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for your positive reviews surrounding our installers. We do appreciate their hardword. We also appreciate your candid feedback about our service call backs. We need feedback in order to improve our systems.

03/08/2013

patrick G.

s been by experiencend there service"perfect

Description of Work
Every business says."the customers 100% satisfaction is our policy."This hasn't always been my experience with other services, but with Carpet One by Henry it absolutly is the case. . They backed their product with skilled workers and prompt service. We"re very happy with our beautiful hardwood floors. Both the refinishing and perfectly matching additional hardwood. Thank you Carpe One by Henry. :) Kathy G

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Kathy, Thanks so much!! We enjoyed working with you and look forward to future projects! Thanks again for your comments, Melonie Plotkowski - Carpet One By Henry

09/11/2012

pam D.

They sent men back to fix the improper installation although the carpet is still lower than the doorwell. They were unwilling to provide the unused pad remnant.

Description of Work
I paid top dollar for an excellent grade of carpet. Carpet was incorrectly installed and required 3 visits to correct. Overcharged on carpet needed for the area but I did get to keep one scrap after installation, although far less than the overcharge. Overcharged on padding and I did not receive any remnant at all.

Category carpet installation

Member, We were unable to locate your name or address in our database. We have not installed any carpet at this location. You may have the wrong flooring company? Or you may have posted this for a friend or a relative? We would like the opportunity to change your rating of our company. Please contact us with any information on this situation. We would certainly like to address your concerns immediately! Thank you.

05/23/2012

tracy J.

We are very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
Old kitchen flooring removed and replacedgreater than Floor was extended four feet. It was an all day job. Glad I had a thermos of coffee to drink upstairs. Mike and Bob did an excellent job. Removed all traces of the old floor and took it with them.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the great review.

03/10/2011

MICHAEL H.

without a hitch. looks great. not a complicated job but they delivered exactly as expected.

Description of Work
purchase of and subsequent installation of new pad and carpet in bedroom.

Thank you for the A - we appreciate your business

01/08/2011

Susan P.

It was a fair price, they did a lot of work and I got the high quality laminate. The price was fine. They were prompt and did a good job. I really didn't have any complaints with them at all. They were friendly and helpful.

Description of Work
They pulled up the carpet and put down laminate flooring for me.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for the opportunity to do the work in your home. We appreciate your business.

03/16/2007

KATHRON G.

The project went very well. The sales representative, Lisa, did a super job of helping us find excellent flooring options within the budget we had available. The flooring installers, Morrie and Jerry, did a fantastic job of installing the hardwood floor, and the carpet installer also did an excellent job.

Description of Work
The company installed engineered hardwood flooring in 3 rooms, and carpet in one room.

08/07/2006

ERICA S.

THIS MAN DID AN EXCELLENT JOB ON LAYING THE LINOLEUM. THEY CAME OUT QUITE QUICKLY TO DO THE JOB AND DID SUPERIOR WORK. I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THEIR WORK AND RESPONSE TO MY CALL.

Description of Work
THIS COMPANY LAID DOWN SOME LINOLEUM IN MY KITCHEN AND BATHROOM.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the good review. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

07/31/2006

THEY DID GOOD. THEY CAME IN WHEN THEY WERE SUPPOSE TO AND INSTALLED THE CARPET. THEY MOVED ALL THE FURNITURE BACK AND LEFT MY HOUSE. I NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM.

Description of Work
THEY INSTALLED CARPET IN TWO ROOMS.

06/19/2006

Carpet One By Henry was very cooperative and helpful to us. The sales rep offered us many choices on colors, patterns and padding. They also gave suggestions on how we could cut costs. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Carpet One By Henry was hired to install carpet in my home.

Masonry Tile Unlimited

MedGar Hardwood Floors

Our team has over 11 years of experience installing hardwood, laminate, and luxury vinyl plank floors. We started working under a big name hardwood floors company in the Triangle but in 2013, we decided to venture out on our own closer to home. We prioritize quality over quantity and strive to provide the best possible experience to our customers. We love what we do and are professional craftsmen. Our focus is on our customers’ unique needs and they can depend on us to provide a quick response time, an affordable estimate, and the best work for their hard-earned money.

DISCOUNT RENOVATIONS

My name is Shane Nelson I am the owner of DISCOUNT RENOVATIONS. We have been in business for 16 Years and we pretty much can do it all. The only service we do not provide is carpet. We specialize in bathroom and kitchen remodels. We are very well trained with plumbing, tile, electrical, drywall, painting, carpentry, roofing, and I could keep going. So instead of calling 5 different contractors for one job we can handle it all. Thanks for your time and consideration. Feel free to call 336-655-8402 anytime for questions or appointments. My workmanship speaks for itself. If you want quality work at a fair price then I'm your guy. I am not the cheapest person out there and for good reason. I stay busy so if you are needing work done immediately I'm probably not going to be that guy. I will try my best to accommodate your situation, and can typically schedule site visits within a few weeks. I work long hours to try and get the job done in a timely manner. Thanks for your time and consideration. Please text me or call at 336 655 8402. I will see a text message and respond to it the fastest for I work all day until about 7 or 8 so I do not answer the phone unless needed while putting 100% focus on each job.

Free In-Home Estimates
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Financing Available

Carpet, Pre-finished hardwood floors, Sand & Stain hardwood floors, Tile and stone, Vinyl, Laminate, Area Rugs, Remnants, In-stock Wool Carpets, and Custom Area Rugs.