Refinishing a bathtub can save you a lot of money compared to installing a new one. But how much will it cost you to strip it down and cover it with a new glaze? This guide breaks down the costs and how much you could save by doing it yourself.
Get matched with top bathtub refinishers in Tremont, MS
There are 0 highly-rated local bathtub refinishers.
Recent Bathtub Refinishing Reviews in Tremont
- Jordan ResurfacingI found Mr Jordan on Angie’s List. I have never used Angie’s list before but I will definitely use it again if needed. Jordan Resurfacing was very professional and the price was very affordable. He was careful to not leave a mess and did his job in a timely manner. I was extremely pleased with his work. He even gave us a two year warranty
- Master Services Inc.The guys with Master Services did a great job for my wife's aunt! I give them a B on punctuality and responsiveness only because of a misunderstanding about scheduled times. However, I believe that this is due to their tremendous work load, as they are good at what they do and very reasonably priced, but just short handed. They are very nice and very professional gentlemen. And as a handyman services provider myself, I can tell you that quality service is worth waiting for and that you usually will have to wait! Remember that you want Mr. or Mrs. Right! Not Mr. or Mrs. Right now. My aunt subsequently used Master Services again to professionally clean the grout for the kitchen floor tiles. Again, very nice and professional gentleman and punctual! And very reasonably priced. ~Jeremy Moore Jeremy Moore Handyman Solutions, LLC
- Tub Pro RefinishingBryan was right on time. He went right to work. Very reasonably priced! Tubs 20 years old look brand new! would highly recommend tub pre re - finishing!
- southern tub repair & refinishingIt was very expensive and took a long time (6 weeks). When we picked it up and got it home we noticed a lot of thin spots in the coating. We called and had to take it back to be redone. To their credit they took care of it with no problems.
- southern tub repair & refinishingWe had a mobile home tub and shower refinished. They did a pretty good job. It took around 4-6 hours total because they had to prep everything and then do several layers of the spray finisher that they use. The fumes were horrendous, but they had these machines that pushed the fumes out of the bathroom through a window to the outside. But even then, the smell was very strong, so if you get this done, you might want to sleep at the other end of the house or go to a hotel for a night or two depending on how well you ventilate your house afterwards. The other reviews said they had bad service, but the two guys that did the refinish for me were not that bad. So maybe the owner has hired new workers. One of them was a park ranger and seemed like a great Christian guy, so I wasn't worried about anything bad happening. But if you do use their services, I would still have someone at the house while they work
- Winkle's PlumbingReally bad!! Man never went inside the home or talk to tenant about issues/problems. I asked in initial conversation, I assume with the owner on Sat., if he had a camera to run thru the pipes. He said yes, I told him thats what I needed because its an ongoing problem in the hall bath. Repair man dug up outside pipe, said water wasn't going out of septic tank fast enough. I already knew that; doesn't explain why only 1 bathroom has a problem. He never went inside the home or talked to tenant at all! He had already covered up hole before owner knew he was there. They charged me $188.00. I currently have a hold on his check until this issue is resolved. Also, when I asked owner his price for a service call, he said he would have service man call me with a price and to set up appt. I never got a call back from anybody. I called them back on Monday, told I was on the schedule. When service man then called me, he said he still had another call before mine. He just showed up. I would never call this company. Their communication is terrible and work was not what I requested nor problem fixed
- southern tub repair & refinishingBe oh so very cautious in dealing with this outfit, and if you must, get your agreement in writing, as he charged 55% more than agreed upon when my plumber picked up the refinished tub - and then he refused to answer phone calls from me trying to get him to explain his ripping me off. In a phrase: Caveat emptor
- southern tub repair & refinishingMy tub and shower were refinished in July 2012. We had nothing but trouble with the shower peeling, bubbling, etc. We tried for 13 months to have it fixed. Ricky and his help agreed it was not done correctly and that the employee who did it was fired. Someone from Ricky's business showed up six times (we waited other times that no one showed, and numerous unanswered and non-returned calls, each time "patching", each time not fixing the problem. We called a refinisher in Memphis, who said if it wasn't prepared correctly patching would never fix it. After not hearing from Ricky after numerous call to him, and no return calls, we had a refinisher in Memphis come and completely redo both the shower and the tub. Just flushed $985 down the drain. Ricky Beard is a very dishonest person. He does not do quality work, doesn't answer his phone, doesn't show up when he is supposed to, and does not stand behind his work. He is the most unprofessional businessman I have ever dealt with
Bathtub Refinishers in Tremont
- Business Description:American Tubs designs and manufactures a complete line of premium quality Walk-In Bathtubs that are ideal for people with Limited Mobility, Seniors, Disabled and people with pain, arthritis, stress and other debilitating conditionsRecent Review:This company is nowhere near where we live. Hundreds of miles away. BAD algorithm. Almost as bad the one that put us in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. If your algorithm can identify districts in a city it ought to recognize an address that was located +30 miles away from it as NOT being part of itL. B.
- Business Description:repair & resurface all types of bathtubsRecent Review:Be oh so very cautious in dealing with this outfit, and if you must, get your agreement in writing, as he charged 55% more than agreed upon when my plumber picked up the refinished tub - and then he refused to answer phone calls from me trying to get him to explain his ripping me off. In a phrase: Caveat emptorbo b.
- Business Description:I have five employees, and we will do sub-contraction for certain work that we do not perform. We welcome cash, checks and credit cards. We do not finance.
- Business Description:Agmyns General Maintenance Provides Services to Home Owners, Relators, Renters Comerical & Residential. Our Services Range From Home Repairs Interior & Exterior, Installations, Debri Removal, Evictions, Trash outs, Cleanings,Lawn Services, E.T.C.. You May Contact Us For Any Of You Desired Needs. We Also Have 24HR Emergency Services For Your Convenienc
- Business Description:commercial and residential contractor for over 30 years
- Business Description:We have two crews and specialize in many areas of flooring and rem9deling. We have a combined 20 years expirience between both crews. We are based out of Starkville MS, so we are able to travel anywhere in the state of MS and surrounding areas
- Business Description:We are offering a new and cheaper way to improve the look of your bathroom. We can take your old tub and make it as good as new. New tubs can cost as much or more than $3000 after installation. Why tear your bathroom to pieces when you don’t have to? We can refinish your entire tub for as little as $200. If you have a hole that renders your tub unusable, give us a Call! No need in getting a new bathtub! We can patch holes and scratches to make them look as if it never happenedRecent Review:On or about August 1, 2014, we engaged Superior Tub Refinishing to refinish our tubs and sinks in two bathrooms. L*** McLain visited our house and inspected the tubs and she subsequently sent us an estimate for each bathroom. We altered the plan for one of the bathrooms lowering the cost by $80. It was agreed that Superior Tub Refinishing was to start work on Saturday, August 16. They stopped by our house on August 15 to pick up a check for $200 to buy materials. The next day Shayne Smith came alone to do the work; he mentioned that he and L*** normally perform the work together which worried us at first but we figured they were the professionals and he must know the procedure. Before the work was completed, he stated that they needed to be paid for the rest of the job, which was $228. He said they don?t normally take checks on the weekend, plus they were moving to Ocean Springs, MS and he wasn't sure if there was a Trustmark bank on the coast. I went and withdrew $228 in cash and paid him. After he had completed work, it was noted that there were some imperfections and problems in the finish of the tub and on the sink. We received an invoice showing where we had completely paid for the first bathroom and a note at the bottom stating that they would come back and perform some repairs to the sink and tub on August 23. The day they were to come they called and said they were having car problems and had gotten lost while trying to sell one of their pit bull puppies. They were initially supposed to arrive at the house by 12:00 PM yet they did not get there till 4:23 PM. They started work sanding down the imperfections when they noticed that the product was starting to peel off the sink and tub. They indicated that the product they used was defective and since it was so late in the day they would need to come back the next morning, August 24. <br /> They arrived the next morning and spent the next 4 to 5 hours stripping off the old product and reapplying the new surface material to the tub and sink. During the stripping process they damaged and left indentations in the original surface of the sink. Again, there were imperfections and ripples on the surface which would need to be sanded down and some sort of glaze re-applied. We agreed that they would come back on September 6 at 12:00 PM. They were also supposed to start on the second bathroom but we decided that would not be a good idea since both bathrooms could potentially be out of service so the second bathroom would be started on the week after the first bathroom was completed. <br /> On September 6, we waited for them to arrive at the pre-appointed time yet they never came. There was no phone call explaining why they were late or if there was a problem with that day. We waited for their call on Sunday and then Monday. We finally had to get in touch with another company to finish what they started. <br /> The guy from the new company came to our house to give us an estimate. We explained the situation with the first bathroom and he asked what company had performed the work. We said Superior Tub Refinishing and he immediately knew who we were talking about because he?d dealt with their mistakes in the past. He was astonished that after three weeks the tub and sink still had the smell of chemicals and the fact that Shayne or L*** hadn't worn any respirator. He also showed us his giant enclosed trailer with all his equipment; Superior worked out of the trunk of their Acura. He repaired and finished the bathroom that Superior started and then refinished the second bathroom. <br /> We tried contacting Superior through the Better Business Bureau but because they have no mailing address or storefront it was impossible. We also sent a text to L*** personally asking for a refund of the $428 and as expected we received nothing from them. We feel that Superior Tub Refinishing stole $428 from us and I would never recommend their services. They may try to refute this factual review but there is no excuse they can come up with to explain away their unprofessional behavior. The Attorney General's office stated that no one should ever do business with any company without a storefront or street address. <br /> <br /Craig J.
- Business Description:Faux Finishes for the Home, Office & Air BnB spaces. Most popular are "Sky Ceilings", Faux Marble & Venetian Plaster. Save thousands on Kitchen counter-tops & cabinets. Fix an ugly shower floor without the cost (& headache) of having to replace it, with our Hand-Painted Shower Basins/Bathtubs. We use a copyrighted technique of tinting liquid rubber to provide a lifetime of protection from mold or mildew. It also makes it slip-proof! Design a personalized Mural for your children's room. Repair..
- Business Description:I am a construction executive handyman. We have been in business for 24 years. We have done everything from building houses to changing toilets. There is nothing we can not do because can't is not one of our words we usRecent Review:I called Chris to come replace a shower door in my master bathroom. The original was leaking. On 7/7/2016 he was suppose to be at my house at 2 pm, and didn't show up until 4. He looked at everything and we determined that we should replace the whole door assembly with a new one. I found a nice sliding glass shower door. Went ahead and paid him $220 for the shower and material because he said he was short on money and couldn't afford to go get it. On 7/8/2016 he was suppose to be there at 2 p.m. He didn't show up until 5:30 pm. I work an hour away so I took off at 1 to meet him there at 2. He stays at my house until 9 pm that night. Tells me that he is only half way done with replacing it. I was fine with that didn't say anything to him about being late. He sets up a time to come back on Monday 7/11/2016 at 2pm. Didn't show up this time until 5:00 pm. There is a recurring pattern here as you can see. He finishes the work that night at about 7:00 pm. He messed up the top piece when he was cutting it and cut it too short. He told me he would get me a new piece and pay for it. The one he had was serviceable, but when I pay to have work done I expect it to be done right. I wake up the next morning to take a shower and when I get out the shower door has been inserted completely backwards. The only reason I realized it is because the bathroom floor was flooded, and I began to look at pictures and instructions and realized he had the door glide on the outside of the shower and leg on the inside. The leg keeps the water from running all out in the bathroom. I called him to tell him that he had installed it in backwards and he argued with me and said that he didn't. Tells me he can't get back out there until Friday 7/15/2016. I told him that is fine to be there at 2 pm. He calls me Friday and tells me he can't be there until 3 pm. I tell him I have plans that night and that if he can get it taken out and put back in right by 6 pm that will be fine. He argues with me again that it is not backwards. At 5:30 pm I call him to find out where he is and he tells me that he isn't going to be able to make it because traffic on I-10 was bad and he was in Biloxi and had to turn around and go back to a house he had left because one of his workers left some stuff out. I told him not to worry about it I have already called someone else to come fix it. I told him that I would like to have my additional $200 I paid him for the labor back because he didn't fix my problem he made it worse. He told me he will just bring me the top piece that he messed up. I still do not have my $200 or the top piece of the shower he was suppose to bring me. He was late everyday and always had a lame excuse and never called to let me know he would be late. He asked me to refer him business along with business from my rental property business and I told him I can't do that. In the end I called a buddy and he had it fixed in 4 hours and he is not a handyman. As a business owner I would give him this advice. If you are going to do a job, then do it right. If you mess up, get out there as soon as possible and fix it. That person whose stuff you messed up should move to the front of the line. If you set up a time to be there, then show up ON TIME!!! If you can't make that time, then CALL that person and let them know you will be late!!! People take off of work so that you can come do work for them and make YOUR living!!! I would not recommend him to anyone. And I'm not the only one that feels this way. I have read other reviews from other sites and they all say the same thing. He is habitually late every timeBo C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful bathtub refinisher articles
If your bathtub has become uncomfortable due to cracks or unsightly stains, you don’t have to replace it or pay for an expensive relining. Instead, you can resurface your bathtub using a DIY epoxy kit, a relatively easy process.
If you want to update your bathroom on a budget, changing up your tub could make a big difference. Which option is better for your bathroom: a refinish or a new liner? Keep reading to determine who wins in the battle of bath fitter vs. rebath.
Find bathtub refinishers in
- Red Bay
- Phil Campbell
- Bear Creek
bathtub refinishers in Tremont
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bath Magic20435 HW 36
- Bath Magic
- D&S Painting And Construction1096 Mcknight rd
- D&S Painting And Construction
- H&H Handyman
1401 W. Main St Tupelo , Mississippi
- H&H Handyman