Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in Jackson, MS
There are 1 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in Jackson
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServiceWONDERFUL experience and an amazing man. What ever is needed Corey is there and willing. He has helped with everything from beds, to bushes, to grass and trees. He is always willing to help with what is needed and does an AMAZING job.
- Minerva's Small Engine Repairvery well - I live not far from this place so it's not hard for me to find, but it does kind of lurk back off the road and you can blow right by it if you're not careful (as other reviewers have pointed out). I have used them several times and have never been displeased. One time the owner even showed me what was wrong and how to fix it myself next time, and there have been several "next times.
- Mitchell's Outdoor Power EqptThere are two major providers of lawn equipment and small motor repair in the Jackson/Ridgeland area and Mitchell is the best. Very honest and does what he says. They've repaired a few things for me but they always go the extra mile and answer any questions I have. Outstanding place.
- Mitchell's Outdoor Power EqptI am VERY pleased. Mr. Mitchell got a gentlemen friend of his to come pick up the mower (for a fee of course $65) Friday morning and the mower was returned before 5:00pm. It works so much better. Mr. Mitchell was so nice. He called me with the price. I will definitely call him again.
- Mitchell's Outdoor Power EqptThey had great customer service and good follow-up. They were very thorough in explaining what the issue was and what was needed to repair.
- Minerva's Small Engine RepairThis shop is, as the other reviews say, a little hard to spot, although it is directly on Highway 49 behind a residence. There is signage, but you will have to be looking to see it. I have used them for about five years even though they are on the opposite end of town. My transmission was slipping out of gear on hills and I asked them to fix the problem. I was told that the work to tear down and repair the transmission would cost more than installing a new transmission, but the technician bent the shift lever a bit to make the gears move farther - at no charge. It has never slipped again, and I appreciate the common sense approach he used. Most would simply have told me to install a new transmission. I believe these a good folks and will continue to use them
- Mitchell's Outdoor Power EqptThey have a very quick turn around. They are very professional, very open and honest. I just thought their customer service is good.
- Minerva's Small Engine RepairOver all it went very well. The shop is a little bit hard to find. It is right on highway 49 just south of Richland, MS on the east side of the highway, but the shop is behind a residence. The front yard of the house has small lawn mowers lined up across the front of the yard. A cash deposit is required when leaving your smal gas lawn tool
- Minerva's Small Engine RepairIt went very well. It was a little difficult to find, because the shop is behind a home. There is a sign in the front yard of the house, but you can't see the shop until you turn into the private drive way from off the north bound lanes of highway 49. The location is next door to Outfitters between Richland and Florence, MS
- Mike'S Small Engine RepairMike arrived, inspected the lawn mower and advised he would need to replace the battery and rebuild the carburator. He did this as well as sharpen the mower blades. As it turned out, he did all of this the day after I had to travel out of town, so it was my wife that was present while Mike did the repairs. I returned from my business trip on November 16, 2012. The mower had not been touched between the time Mike did his repairs and my return on 16 November. On the morning of 17 November I attempted to start the mower; nothing happened. The battery Mike replaced was dead, and it would not take a recharge. It was fatally dead. I called him to come get the mower going. He showed up and said the battery he sold me was dead, but he does not offer any kind of warranty for battery work and said I would have to take it back to Walmart my self to get a replacement. He also charged me $50 for this return visit. The primary reason I am writing this negative review for Mike is the fact that he clearly does not stand behind his work. Namely, he sold me a battery which proved to be faulty. He then refused to replace it. I had to carry the battery myself to Walmart and get a replacement. It also should be noted that the price Mike charged me for this faulty battery is double the price of the battery at Walmart. Basically, I am disappointed and would not use Mike again
Lawn Mower Repair Services in Jackson
- Business Description:Dependable offers professional services at affordable prices. We have been dependable sincce June of 1996. We offer professional lawn and landscape maintenance, landscaping, drainage work, tree removal or trimming, and roofing. Dependable is your one stop for all lawn, landscape, tree, and roofing needs. The owner supervises most jobs and is just a phone call awayRecent Review:They did an outstanding job quick and efficient at a great price.Matt H.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Recent Review:I took my Scotts riding mower in due to the drive belt <br /> coming off while I was cutting the grass. I was running over some grass that <br /> was a little too high, and the belt came loose. It did not snap, but it did <br /> come off of the pulley system. I knew right off that this was out of my league. <br /> So, I figured I would take it to the small engine repair <br /> shop that my family has been going to for the last 15+ years. Well, let me just <br /> say that it was a disaster from the beginning. <br /> When I dropped it off, I was told there was a four week <br /> waiting period. I was told this about four times before it became awkward, and then <br /> the guy just came out and told me that I could pay $70 bucks to get in the <br /> front of the line. Well, if everyone was to pay the $70 bucks to get in the <br /> front, wouldn?t there always be a very unfortunate person that would never get <br /> there mower repaired. I figured that I could pay to get my yard cut twice for <br /> the same amount, so I declined. <br /> He then told me there was a $70 dollar deposit. I was okay <br /> with the deposit, so I paid it. I asked that they put the belt back on and <br /> maybe do a tune up. I figured while it was in there I might as well get it <br /> tuned up. <br /> Three and half weeks later I get a call from this rather impolite <br /> female with a quote. I answered the phone and she replied with a list of items <br /> that my mower needed. She said it needed a battery, oil filter, air filter, <br /> belt, plugs, and a few other items that I do not remember because I started <br /> trying to interrupt her. This quote was for $390 something dollars. I told her <br /> that I brought it in there for them to put the belt back on and maybe a tune <br /> up. She said that the mechanic said it needed all those items and that was all <br /> she could tell me. So, I asked for her to tell the mechanic to put my belt back <br /> on and call me when the mower is ready for me to pick it up. <br /> A week and a half later, I get a phone call telling me; ?as <br /> I know my mower is ready and if I do not pick it up within 3 days I will be <br /> charged a storage fee of $5 per day.? I never received a phone call or voice <br /> mail telling me my mower was ready for pick up. The next day was Saturday, so I <br /> planned on picking it up first thing in the morning. <br /> I just happened to check the mail on my way to pick up my <br /> mower. There was a surprise for me that was mail from the staff at Small Engine <br /> Repair in Pearl, MS. This letter stated the same that the voice mail did about <br /> the storage fee policy. I had no idea my mower was ever ready, and if I would <br /> have ever known I would have definitely been up there to get it. By this time I <br /> had already paid to have my yard cut twice. <br /> When I walked in the shop to pick up my mower, I asked the <br /> guy what if anything was done. He looked over a few papers they had stapled <br /> together with my name on them. These papers included the letter I was holding <br /> in my hand. He told me they put the belt back on the pulley but I had declined <br /> the repairs. I expressed my concern about the quote and told him it just caught <br /> me off guard. I was okay with them just putting the belt back on because that <br /> was all that was wrong with it when I brought it in. He told me my total was <br /> $50 and my deposit went towards the total of $120. I was actually okay with <br /> that. I paid him and he told me my mower would be right out. He asked the guy <br /> standing beside him to bring it up for me. <br /> I went outside and waited for about 20 minutes thinking I <br /> would hear them crank it up or come around the corner. Well, a few minutes <br /> later here he comes PUSHING my mower. As soon as I walked over there and told <br /> him that I thought they repaired it. He told me I had to talk to the owner. I <br /> asked him to take me to the owner inside and he did. He walked inside and he <br /> and the other guy both started screaming the owners name and saying UP FRONT. <br /> It almost seemed like this was a common thing around there. <br /> The owner came out and glanced at my paperwork then just <br /> looked at me. I told him when I brought my mower in it was running and his guy <br /> even heard it crank up when I dropped it off. He said they put the belt on and <br /> they are going to get paid for what they do. That wasn?t the issue was pushing. <br /> The issue I was pushing that he never would seem to comprehend was that when I <br /> dropped my mower off it was running. He told me I could leave it two more days <br /> and he would get the truth from the mechanic. He basically called me a liar to <br /> my face. The owner is rude, loud, and disrespectful. He doesn?t know how to <br /> treat customers. I made the decision for him and just took my mower home. The <br /> two guys that were just standing there did load it for me though. <br /> When I got it home I checked it out for myself. I found the <br /> air filter cover unscrewed and almost falling off. I also found the battery <br /> cables barely screwed in and barely hanging on. My battery was completely dead <br /> and will not hold a charge at all. I do understand that batteries can fail <br /> sometimes, but my mower was running fine when I brought it in. If my battery <br /> failed it was due to them. What I can?t help but believe happened is that they <br /> took my mower apart and then when I declined the repairs they just said screw <br /> it. Anyways, I say all that to say this, I do not recommend using Small Engine <br /> Repair in Pearl, MS. <br /Robert C.
- Business Description:Peels landscaping offer customer satisfaction guarantee lawn service at an affordable price
- Business Description:Small Engine Repair
- Business Description:Since 1981, family-owned Northern Tool + Equipment has grown into the ultimate destination for hard working do-it-yourselfers and professionals. Our selection of generators, pressure washers, power and hand tools, air compressors, welders, material handling equipment and more includes top national brands and our own world-class products, which we engineer and build in our own manufacturing facilities. We offer useful products at a great price and back them with product expertise and customer ..
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:Two employees, Local small business, Owner/operator, Cash & checks accepted, Debit/Credit accepted soon.
- Recent Review:Ended up with a wonderful new weed eaterwilliam n.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Crystal Springs
lawn mower repair shops in Jackson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing ServicePO Box 2324
- Dependable Lawn, Tree & Roofing Service
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Mitchell's Outdoor Power Eqpt812 Lake Harbour Dr
- Mitchell's Outdoor Power Eqpt
- Northern Tool + Equipment5469 I 55 N
- Northern Tool + Equipment
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc