Engineered Inspection & Consulting Services LLC

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

David Birenbaum, P.E. provides thorough inspections that are geared to Client needs & may surpass the ASHI Standards of Practice. Building inspection reports are typically provided to and discussed with Clients on-site. Ancillary services can include performing radon tests, scheduling third party termite inspections, and specific structural consulting services. Mr. Birenbaum is a licensed Civil Engineer in Missouri, Illinois, and Iowa with emphasis areas of structural and hydraulic engineering. In addition to providing ASHI inspections, the firm performs expert witness work, structural evaluations & design, forensic engineering examinations, building envelope issues, loss causation, and building plans for single and multi family dwellings, commercial structures, churches, and schools....

Dan Brassil

Dan Brassil, Top Producing Saint Louis Real Estate Agent and Community Specialist, matches Buyers with Homes and Sellers with the Marketing that Sells. From start to finish in any transaction, Dan is the Main Agent and will not pass you off to a Team Member with little to no experience. About Me: Dan knows a thing or two about falling in love with a house. In 2009, he bought his own home and discovered the confusing world of real estate transactions. He quickly became convinced that there had to be a better way to get people into great houses. Since then, Dan has been committed to helping clients find the home of their dreams without the stress and worry the process usually entails. Whether you're buying or selling a home, Dan's passion for real estate and in-depth knowledge of the St. Louis market makes him an invaluable partner. His focus on finding the perfect match between person and property helps buyers find their dream home in a neighborhood they'll love, and helps sellers get innovative marketing techniques that bring interested buyers to the table. With a bachelor's degree in business marketing from the University of St. Louis, a background as a history teacher, and an abiding love of St. Louis and all its neighborhoods, Dan acts as the perfect matchmaker between his clients and the place they hope to call home. Whether it's acting as a tour guide pointing out the city's many little gems, or showing clients what to looking for when considering older homes in the city, Dan's familiarity with St. Louis helps his clients put their home-buying worries to rest. If you're thinking about buying or selling a home, you deserve a real estate professional who will have your best interests in mind throughout every step of the process. Learn more about why so many clients have recommended Dan by checking out some of his testimonials, or get in touch with him and see first hand the difference that Dan brings.

Dawn Griffin Circa Properties

Team Leader of The Dawn Griffin Group powered by Circa Properties. My experience as a full-time broker/salesperson since 2004 in every part of St Louis City and County and in all aspects of residential real estate helps sellers and buyers meet their real estate goals. Our FOCUS is on the clients we serve ensuring that they are making smart decisions driven by the most up-to-date market data. My team and I work in all neighborhoods of St. Louis City and its surrounding municipalities including (but not limited to) Maplewood, Richmond Heights, Clayton, University City, Ladue, Webster Groves, Kirkwood, Sunset Hills, Crestwood, Affton, Brentwood, Glendale and Shrewsbury. We look forward to working with you.

Spartan Ram Jack

With over 40 years of foundation repair experience and a Super Service Award winner for the last 9 YEARS in a row, Ram Jack leads the industry in the midwest. We have offices in the Kansas City, St. Louis, Wichita, and Columbia areas and are recognized for professional, honest, and thorough repairs. We have years of experience solving the foundation problems unique to the Midwestern climate. Our quality workmanship has earned us a reputation as one of the area’s most reliable & honest contractors. We specialize in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, mud-jacking, drainage improvements, bowing walls and differential settlement in both commercial and residential buildings. Our projects are completed on time and within budget. You can depend on Ram Jack every time.

Offers by Spartan Ram Jack on Angi

01/10/2021

Aneela B.

Neil Kinser has performed home inspection for me twice now. Extremely professional, thorough and it was just an amazing experience. He is very polite and never rushed, answered all the questions, (I had a lot) and the home inspection report is very detailed and easy to follow. I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to anyone buying a house in St. Louis area.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

04/23/2020

Jason S.

David Birenbaum and his partner Neil are outstanding. I vetted a number of different home inspectors before deciding on Engineered Inspection. The cost was only slightly more than the nearest competitor, but when considering a major purchase like a home, the extra $100 was worth it for an impartial and quality inspection. David has an engineering degree from Rolla and was president of the St. Louis ASHI. I received a 43-page inspection report broken down into helpful categories. I was amazed by the thoroughness of both the inspection and the report. If you live in St Louis, you can't do better than David Birenbaum. Also I noticed that other inspectors with reviews online are offering discounts to people who submit those reviews (some reviewers reference this in their comments) which to me is disingenuous. The other concern I had with inspectors I considered is that they are deeply intertwined with local realtors, which is an obvious conflict of interest. Engineered Inspection doesn't work for your realtor. They work for you. And they operate through word of mouth, not realtor recommendations.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection,structural engineer,foundation repair

05/28/2018

Laura G.

It was an excellent, thorough, and information review and discussion of our basement settling/cracking situation. I was very impressed with his knowledge. I highly recommend!

Description of Work
Foundation evaluation

02/21/2018

CHRISTINA L.

Very good. Him and his partner looked at the whole house on the inside. Went up in the attic to look around, and took a few pics of problems he addressed us of. They went in th basement to look around and take measurements. Gave us a detailed email of the problem, and a complete pro diffent solutions we have to choose from. He is also sending us a copy of the report in the mail. Will use again in the future if needed.

Description of Work
Wanted to get our house looked at. Have lots of nail pops and a small gap on a couple walls that butt up to the ceiling

10/02/2017

Jackie W.

David was incredibly helpful, and came back a second time to view the attic. i received a detailed report with recommendations to fix the problem.

Description of Work
evaluation of structure

05/04/2016

Brian G.

From the moment I conversed w/ Dave over the phone, I knew I found a good one. His meticulous attention to detail is w/o equal. Dave is a one stop shop that manages all aspects of a complete home inspection; The fact that he is an actual P.E. (certified professional engineer), assured me that he was both qualified & competent to perform a detailed home inspection. While Dave performs his own 48-hour Radon test, he sub-contracts the Termite & Sewer Line inspections; yet it is clear he has impeccable report w/ these contractors, whom also conducted their business flawlessly. Of the many ways that Dave impressed me during the inspection process, one stood out—his willingness to not only listen & answer my questions, but also his desire to ASK questions in order to fully satisfy his inspection report to its fullest. This made me feel confident that every part of our future home was given considerate attention. I have already recommended Dave's services to other family & friends. Although I don't anticipate needing his inspection services again in the near futures, I feel confident knowing that I would have a sure fire expert to call on if I ever need an expert, engineers opinion/recommendation on any renovation or repair.

Description of Work
48 hour Radon test, Termite, Sewer line, & all household systems & structures i.e. roof, electric, foundation, structure, fire code, safety, attic, crawl space, appliance, plumbing, HVAC.

Category home inspection

04/21/2016

Ken H.

It went very well. David took the time to assess the problems, and then to discuss them with me in detail. He answered all my questions. With this knowledge, I can go forward with making the necessary home improvements.

Description of Work
As a professional civil engineer, David examined settling issues associated with our front porch, driveway, and their communicating sidewalk. He also examined a horizontal cracking pattern in a foundation wall visible in our basement. He also examined two small seepage spots in another foundation wall. David discussed with me, in detail, how to address these issues. He recommended specific contractors, and products for the repairs.

01/22/2016

Brian D.

He was very thorough! The last company I had out in June was there 25-30 minutes and didn't look at the whole house. So after more problems arose, I called these guys and worth every penny.

Description of Work
Full inspection of foundation and damage inside home.

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

08/18/2015

Krista F.

Very informative and detailed. Would have been helpful if he could have provided a brief write up summarizing problems. He does offer a detailed report at an additional charge, but we did not need anything that detailed and the charge was considerable.

Description of Work
Did a complete inspection of our foundation and advised about repairs that need to be completed.

Category structural engineer,foundation repair

Clients know in advance when they set an appointment what the fees will be including fees for a site visit with oral consultation, and a separate reasonable fee for a written report if Client desires/needs. Law requires an engineer apply their seal and signature to all reports, for which a separate fee is charged. EICS strives to exceed Clients' expectations. We are surprised by this only B rating on Angie's List for a fee issue discussed well in advance of the appointment especially considering EICS charged less than the quoted fee for the time spent for the site visit.

05/14/2014

Richard Z.

David Birenbaum came to our home on short notice due to scheduling conflicts. He was on time and took his time checking out our home. He even went as far as to call the manufacturer of some hardwood flooring to assist us in solving our problem. Mr. Birenbaum provided us with his professional opinion and wrote a letter noting his findings. I would highly recommend using David Birenbaum for your home inspections.

Description of Work
Inspected a structural problem with a joist in the home.

Category structural engineer

Engineering, Commercial Property Inspections, FHA Certification, Expert Witness Testimony, Insulation And Ventilation, Roof System, Moisture Evaluations, and Structural Systems.