Dehn's Landscaping

Founded 1989 • With Angi since May 2002

2017 Super Service Award Winner!! Through steady growth, Dehn’s Landscaping has built its reputation through quality work and personalized service. The company is known for doing things the right way and using the best quality products available. Your property can be created with beauty, function

lawn & landscaping (168)hardscaping (89)lawn care (23)mulch delivering (22)tree service (21)stone & gravel (14)Patios (9)concrete repair (8)drain pipe installation (2)irrigation system (1)handyman (1)

03/01/2021

Thomas H.

We had just completed the construction of a new detached garage on our property including a new driveway between the garage and road. The excavator had prepared the sight and did good job contouring the area around the garage and driveway, but the ground had relatively steep slopes on two sides. I called Charles and described the project and he came right over and took measurements. He emailed me the quote the next day and started work the following day. He and his crew arrived on time with all the materials. They did the final grading so that water would flow around the garage away from the foundation. They installed concrete edgers and granite rock on either side of the garage. They prepared the seed bed and spread and raked in grass seed. They spread erosion mats over the entire area. The crew was neat and courteous and completed the job in less than a day. Charles was a pleasure to work with. By the time fall came the lawn looked nice. There has been no erosion on the slopes and the landscaping has held up nicely.

Description of Work
Landscaping around a new garage and driveway

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

07/04/2020

Cathy D.

Exceeded all expectations for speed, efficiency and quality of work. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Retaining wall, paver blocks, Bush removal, grading, drain pipe

Category concrete repair, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

10/06/2018

Kolleen H.

The wall turned out excellent. Work was done promptly and efficiently. Site was left spotless, other than the wall looking great, you couldn't tell anyone had even been here working.

Description of Work
Retaining wall removed and rebuilt

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

05/23/2018

Barbara C.

It went very well. I called one day, Charles came out and gave an estimate the next night, and he showed up with a crew of two men and the necessary equipment the next day, promptly at 8AM as promised. We requested some additional work after they arrived and they completed it all very efficiently and professionally. They did a wonderful job! They knew what they were doing, it looks great and we thought the cost was very reasonable. Would recommend and hire them again in a heart beat!

Description of Work
Front of house - removed old sunken rock, installed gravel, laid liner, and spread several inches of mulch. Back of house - cleaned out old rock and vegetation, leveled the ground, added black dirt and spread grass seed. Trimmed a few tree branches.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

05/17/2018

Wayne M.

Dehn's Landscaping did an excellent job. They were very quick to come out and give me a bid, and very punctual doing the work. They followed all of my instructions and the project turned out perfect. I couldn't have asked for more. Charles Dehn was there with his crew during the work and everyone on the crew worked hard to make the area look its best. I am very happy with the work and I think the cost was very reasonable.

Description of Work
I needed a large amount of dirt and also sod added along my driveway after a new driveway installation.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

11/06/2017

Stuart B.

Crew was polite and prompt. They could not quite finish by Thursday evening, leaving quite a large collection of tree branches in our front yard, partially obstructing vision when backing out of driveway. Friday rained and the branches remained over the weekend.

Description of Work
Tree trimming, shrub and bush trimming,

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

09/15/2017

MABEL P.

The only problem was the fill they brought in was loaded with gravel. The fill was not good, other than the fill, they did a nice job.

Description of Work
Rooted out several trees that was blackthorn, did some fill and planted some hydrangeas and trim and cleaned some of the brush that was in the back. In the front I had a couple of trees cleaned up and leveled and brought in fill and planted grass. They also lay down some stones.

Work Completed On 05/22/2017

09/14/2017

Piper G.

They are timely, clean, and respectful. They make great recommendations for easy to manage landscaping. They understand my needs when helping me to pick out plants for my yard.

Description of Work
updated back yard.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

08/28/2017

Teresa C.

They did a great job! I would hire again.

Description of Work
Backyard patio

Category landscaping, patios

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

06/16/2017

MARILYN H.

He is very professional, prompt at returning calls, clean the sites. Over all a very positive experience!

Description of Work
Put in pea gravel and sand in our play yard

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

06/03/2017

Piper G.

They do all of my landscaping and hardscaping needs and the steps turned out beautiful. They are very reasonably priced as well.

Description of Work
They installed new front steps

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/20/2017

05/25/2017

Mark R.

Description of Work
...............................................................................................................................................................

Work Completed On 05/25/2017

05/19/2017

Dennis S.

ok, should have used more black dirt to level out the sod better, a few more rock on edging.

Description of Work
sod patching and fill black dirt; landscape rock and border edging.

Category landscaping, lawn service, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

05/09/2017

Lynn E.

Charles was very prompt in coming out to give an estimate. Excellent follow up when scheduling the job. The install went great and was well supervised by Charles. Cleaned up the property when complete.

Description of Work
40 yards of Mulch installed

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 05/09/2017

05/03/2017

KAREN V.

The work was all done while I was out of town. The job was completed as I had requested.

Description of Work
Old cement steps were crumbling and the front porch and steps were removed and replaced with cement and pavers. Also the front sidewalk was replaced with cement and pavers.

Work Completed On 04/07/2017

Review for Dehn's Landscaping - 24505 Tucker Rd, Rogers, MN - 34960721

10/29/2016

Neil L.

It went great. This is the second time we hired Dehn's and we are very pleased.

Description of Work
Added on to our previous patio job by Dehn's. Added a semi-circle firepit area with a semi-circle stone seating area.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/14/2016

09/28/2016

Neil L.

Charles and his crew did a fantastic job. Professional, timely, quality workmanship at a reasonable cost. Excellent communication throughout project. Will definitely hire again for future projects.

Description of Work
Paver block patio with sitting wall, steps, and pond area.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

08/20/2016

M E.

Old bushes were removed, Rock was not, Plastic landscape layer was not. In-ground lighting was mostly torn out or buried. They left a mess of sticks and trash in my yard as well. I called them back to complain and a young man showed up the next day. He didn't realize I was in the garage while he loudly complained over the phone about having to return to the residence and "redo" the work. A couple months later I do not have grass in the area of former landscape, but a bunch of weeds covering the 1/2" or so of dirt they used to hide the rocks and plastic. Thanks to the recent rains the rock is coming to the surface and it's even uglier than I can explain.

Description of Work
provider was hired to remove old landscaping (evergreen bushes, rock, plastic, etc) and fill in area with grass.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Work Completed On 04/15/2016

07/08/2016

LILA A.

Very well.......They removed the existing retaining wall which was sagging and also the previous extension of stoop. They replaced the steps with beautiful pavers and created a resting spot near the mid-point of the steps. The bid was made within a day after I called based on ad in Angie's magazine. Slight changes were made based on lay of land and stayed within bid quote. It greatly improves the entrance to our home.

Description of Work
New steps to home entrance

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/08/2016

04/25/2016

Mark B.

Incredibly well!!! Charles responded immediately to my initial phone message. Came the next day to give a quote. He was the lowest quote of four. Started the next week. Incredibly professional team came and completed the job on 2-3 days. Job site was kept tidy and cleaned at completion. Results definitely exceeded my expectations!! Would eagerly recommend to family and friends.

Description of Work
Removed old pavers and mulch in front yard and replaced with rock and a different paver border. Planted a variety of plants. On the side of the house he removed old overgrown bushes and regraded space next to house. Placed window wells and decorative rock. In back installed a clay brick walkway from back door to detached garage.

Work Completed On 04/08/2016

04/21/2016

Julie A.

We had two very competitive quotes from two highly rated companies. It was an extremely tough choice. We went with the other company because they could complete the work slightly sooner.

Description of Work
I called Dehn's Landscaping after seeing the fabulous reviews on Angie's List. The owner, Charles, kindly accommodated our schedule, carving out time, to come talk with us about the work we wanted done. He knowledgeably answered our questions, and even brought a problem area to our attention that we hadn't noticed before. He very quickly provided us with a reasonable, competitive estimate. I wouldn't hesitate to call Dehn' s about future work.

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

12/10/2015

MARGOT R.

I called Charles Dehn after seeing great Angie's List reviews. Part of our limestone retaining wall collapsed due to landscaping erosion with shrubbery near the wall. It was the day before Thanksgiving and we were frantic to have it fixed. Charles came out at same day and gave us a quote to have it fixed the day after Thanksgiving, but snow came so we ended up waiting to schedule until spring. What I liked about this provider was that he was quick to respond to my phone call (I left a message) and he was quick to come out for an estimate. The other providers I called didn't call me back until a few days later. Although we did not use him because of weather restraints, we will be sure to schedule him in the spring. Nice guy. Would like to give him the business when weather warms up!

Description of Work
Did not use the provider only because too late in the season but will call him in the spring to schedule services.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/24/2015