If you want to tear down a building, deconstruction can be a better option than demolition. Deconstruction is environmentally friendly, can help the community, and save your money. Learn how to deconstruct a house step-by-step.
Get matched with top home builders in Rochester, MN
There are 7 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Rochester
- William Bardwell Co LLCAfter going through multiple contractors and having a terrible experience we finally found bill and he made this project go smoothly and finished the job in a timely manner very professional and was flexible with changes to plans overall a great experience and will hire again for any future projects
- Heartwood Homes of Rochester inc.Jay Burke came back to a home he had built for us in 2012 and finished the basement. He does not typically work on partial jobs, but since he built our home previously, he was happy to take it on. He added a 3/4 bath, large bedroom, finished storage area, and large family area. Final product is excellent. He had the framers who originally built the house come back and do all the framing, added HVAC, sheetrock, and everything else to deliver a superb final product. Build time was a couple months and price was less than I anticipated. Trim and all finishes match everything in the rest of the house. Jay Burke was again closely involved with all sub-contractors in the house and did a lot of the work himself. He only builds high quality products and it shows. Now having 3 building experiences with Jay Burke at Heartwood Homes, I cannot imagine how someone could not be very happy to work with him. Jay truly bends over backwards to make sure that things are done to the preferences of his customers and his build quality is excellent. I cannot thank him enough for what he's given our family. Great home to raise kids. Thank again Jay read less
- Heartwood Homes of Rochester inc.I asked Jay Burke at Heartwood Home to put a deck on a house he had built for us a few years earlier. He is not a decking contractor, but since he built our home for us previously, he was happy to take on the small job. Deck is composite with aluminum rail, 16x22. Build time was less than 2 weeks. Material and craftsmanship are excellent. Deck is now 5 years old and look as great as it did new. When Jay Burke designed out home, he was very meticulous when considering the placement of the home on the lot and the position of the existing mature trees on the property. The final project has shade in evening and I cannot see any of the adjacent neighbors because of the position on the back of the house. Very happy with the final product. Thank again Jay and Heartwood Homes read less
- Heartwood Homes of Rochester inc.Top notch from start to finish. I cannot imagine being happier with any other builder. If you get the opportunity to see a Heartwood Homes house in the new homes showcase, check it out. He creates beautiful new homes to the specifications of the buyer. No cookie cutter standards layouts. All his homes are 100% original and unique. Jay Burke drew multiple custom home plans for us to review, and was very easy to work with. Build quality was far above average. He knows all the sub-contractors in town and is very picky with who he alloys to work on his homes. His guidance and advice was invaluable. Outcome of the final product was above expectations and our home is of better quality than all other in the development, but for a better price. Jay Burke paid for an energy audit and our home was far above average for new home energy efficiency. We feel fortunate to have a beautiful home to raise our family in. Thank you tremendously Heartwood Homes read less
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionJSC is a terrific company. I first asked for a cedar fence, after having Jim S recommended by a neighbor. The job expanded, as Jim's competence and fine subcontractors gave me the confidence to improve a 55 year old house. This involves every part of building a new house, frame, roof, cement in basement, insulation, electrical, plumbing. Tile, subflooring, sheetrock. More. Except, it is being done within a house. They must work around existing structures and utilities. It is quite impressive to observe. Neighbors and friends and other professionals are in awe read less
- Heartwood Homes of Rochester inc.A builder for life and a man that truly cares, maybe to a fault, about his customers, community involvement, and the kids. Heartwood Homes where a handshake is still worth something! We have spent the better part of two years with Mr. Jay Burke building our custom homes first in 2009/2010 and then after purchasing some acreage six years later in 2015/2016. From the design to the finished house the one constant is Jay. Atypically, he only builds 2 houses in any given year allowing him to spend his time where he should, at YOUR HOME ensuring all things are done accordingly and to plan and if asked will teach the homeowner along the way. Jay uses subs that are second to none and only where needed as the Heart of the work is done by him. Anyone who as ever built a home, our 3rd, understands that much like marriage communication is key and must flow both ways and after 25+ years of experience Jay understands this and has a knack for holding it all together with the beginner and loosening the strings with the experienced. All in all, I am uncertain after building two houses with Heartwood Homes what more we could possibly look for when it comes to a home builder. F can stand for many things BUT when it comes to our experiences with Jay Burke and Heartwood Homes it stands for F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! Thank you, Jay read less
- RAVEN BUILDERSThe company did an excellent job and completed the roofing work as planned, despite inclement weather. Excellent workmanship, thorough clean-up, and friendly service. I have used this company before for other home remodeling and handyman services, both large and small, and the results consistently have been professional and timely read less
- Batzel Builders Inc.Easy to get ahold of, great to work with, fast, reliable, knowledgeable, and affordable. After a home inspection, the buyers of our house requested drywall be installed in areas of our garage and basement. Our realtor recommended Dustin Batzel. He exceeded my expectations in all areas. He got right to work, didn't leave a mess, was easy to communicate with and did a great job. I highly recommend him for drywall or possibly any home improvement job read less
- Dahl Home Builders IncWith Carl's attention to detail and expert carpentry skills the building of our home was seamless. Carl was very knowledgeable and willing to take time to answer all our questions. We cannot say enough about our wonderful building experience. We have a top quality beautiful home thanks to Carl.
- Braun Plumbing IncEverything was done to perfection. Both Joe and Josh Braun provided excellent service from start to finish in a most professional manner. We have recommended them to friends who have likewise been pleased with their level of knowledge, professionalism and service.
House Builders in Rochester
- Business Description:Wm Bardwell Homes has been serving southeast Minnesota residents since 1970. Quality construction comes from extensive experience, well trained craftsmen, on-site project management and attention to detail.Recent Review:My only complaint was that they didn't wear masks.Richard J.
- Business Description:The Shed Shop builds the only utility shed that compliments the style of your home. With ample overhangs, top notch trim accents along the roof line, gable ends, and corners, these buildings are built with style. The Shed Shop builds their door frames employing the same wood joinery found in fine furniture, coupled with their hand built other options, such as copper roofed cupolas, transom windows, gable vents, and more. A Shed Shop building will out class any shed on the market for curb appe.. read lessRecent Review:Jessica and her team were great to work with. She was very professional, responsive, and knew her stuff. Her build team was punctual and the entire build took about five hours including clean up. I would definitely recommend The Shed Shop to anyone read lessBeau J.
- Business Description:Inhouse design of one of a kind custom homes. exceptional value,unique features,hands on construction by family owned business. Customer satisfaction ultimate goal.Recent Review:I asked Jay Burke at Heartwood Home to put a deck on a house he had built for us a few years earlier. He is not a decking contractor, but since he built our home for us previously, he was happy to take on the small job. Deck is composite with aluminum rail, 16x22. Build time was less than 2 weeks. Material and craftsmanship are excellent. Deck is now 5 years old and look as great as it did new. When Jay Burke designed out home, he was very meticulous when considering the placement of the home on the lot and the position of the existing mature trees on the property. The final project has shade in evening and I cannot see any of the adjacent neighbors because of the position on the back of the house. Very happy with the final product. Thank again Jay and Heartwood Homes read lessSteve C.
- Business Description:We are a 3rd generation family owned and operated construction company. Briggs and Rabehl Builders LLC is a licensed general contractor in MN, that specializes in home remodeling, additions, garages and post frame buildings. With well over 30+ years in the trades, we have the experience and know how to complete all of your projects read lessRecent Review:Fantastic work...Shane, Mike and crew were great to work with and would definitely hire again. Fairly priced and completed on time!Greg G.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Liebenow Waterproofing is a Family owned business. We specialize in quality basement waterproofing. From unwanted water in your basement to relandscaping outside. We offer a $100 dollar discount to war veterans and senior citizen read lessRecent Review:Justin did a great job. He knows all about sump pumps. He explained how he would proceed, and he completed the work in about 3 hours. I'm very happy with the result.Kristen O.
- Business Description:Nick and Desirae Pegram founded Pegram & Dexter Construction and Design LLC to provide their community with local, licensed and trustworthy skilled trade services that focus on exceptional craftsmanship, attention to detail and an invested personal connection with each project they do. Their team has over 40 years of experience in all facets of construction to provide the proficient knowledge and competence it takes to bring your ideas and aspirations into reality. Pegram & Dexter endeavors t.. read lessRecent Review:Very well. Nick spent time with us , gave us some options and ideas. We ended up changing our minds on some things but I would hire him if we have any future projects.Garth W.
- Business Description:Small company that prides itself in personal contractor/homeowner relationship. Quality and timely workmanship. Reasonable prices because of less overhead than most bigger construction companiesRecent Review:He did a beautiful job, I paid for the materials, and he did a good job with the repairs. Major repairs was done on the boards that was done in 2011, and some was not installed properly, he came back to fix the boards up he was able to re-fixed the boards properly. He was able to provide additional works for me, thoughtful and considered my needs. One concern I had with the work was that things were not plumb and squared read lessSue W.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br.. read lessRecent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern Minnesota read lessCesar M.
- Recent Review:Kyle Schultz assured us that he could finish the ceiling in a hallway and stairwell to a smooth finish to match the rest of our ceilings. The work order also included retaping and mudding areas in the ceiling where old tape had pulled away, leaving long "cracks." Our house is 27 years old. He began work September 17, 2018. When he finished, the ceilings were not smooth/of the quality in the rest of our home. We pointed out some areas that were especially rough, which he then worked on again, but couldn't seem to get a decently smooth finish. We decided to just pay him and move on. Then in November, the areas he had repaired with tape began to bubble. He came back to fix this in January 2019. He worked quickly to repair the tape, leaving the ceilings uneven and rough, even moreso than the first time. We sent him pictures to express our dissatisfaction, and he didn't reply. In addition to the poor quality of his finished work, he was disrespectful of our home; although when he first made the bid, he assured us he would cover the area and not leave messes. He put down plastic on the carpet the first time in September, but after sanding the ceilings, which left powder all over the plastic and walls and doors, he then walked through it and out of our house, leaving a trail inside and out. As our bedrooms were off the hallway, we had to vacuum up the mess before we could use the hallway. In January when he came, the messes became worse. He put down plastic on half the carpet in the hall only, allowing wet drywall mud to fall into our carpet, which then was stepped on and trailed through the carpet. We also found chunks of actual mud (dirt) on the stairs, apparently from the treads of his boots. We texted him before he came back to finish, telling him that he was trailing dried mud into the house. When he came back, he stomped up the stairs with his boots on and was not the friendly guy who had come to do the original bid. This was an extremely disappointing and frustrating experience. After his first time here, we primed and painted, and now will have to hire someone else to do this job as we anticipated. This has become a spendy and time-consuming project. Kyle Schultz may be able to handle some simpler dry-wall projects, but he does not have the experience to take on ceilings. He handled this unprofessionally read lessKristi E.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
Need a little help learning how to price construction jobs? If you’re a general contractor looking for some guidance on how to win the bidding process and make more profit per job, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading for more.
Generating new leads is vital to the success of any contractor business. Whether you’re an electrician or plumber, new leads don’t have to be hard to come by. Learn how to grow your business in this guide for general contractors.
Find home builders in
- Zumbro Falls
- Pine Island
- Dodge Center
- West Concord
- Saint Charles
- Grand Meadow
- Spring Valley
home builders in Rochester
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Painting By NHS424 Manor Ridge Dr
- A1 CARPENTRY SERVICES1225 E CENTER ST
- Aarow Asphalt paving4141 Maine ave se
- Advanced Builders, LLC.6343 Granite Dr NW
- AE Computer Drafting & Design LLC1812 43rd St NW
- ALLTECH ENGINEERING CORP2515 PILOT KNOB RD
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Anderson Carpentry & Construction301 1st St N
Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- ANDERSON CONSTRUCTION1404 33rd Drive NE PO BOX 472
- Autumn Tree Realty1427 E Center St
- A Painting By NHS
- Batzel Builders Inc.3241 Echo Ridge Pl SW
- BIGELOW ENTERPRISES4057 28th St NW Ste 100
- Bigelow Homes LLC4057 28th St NW Ste 100
- BRANDON MARICLE CONSTRUCTION510 4TH AVE SW
- Braun Plumbing Inc806 N Prairie St
Lake City, Minnesota
- Briggs and Rabehl Builders LLC1002 Parkview Ave NW
- Batzel Builders Inc.
- C & J BUILDERS INC3619 RANCH CT SE
- CASTLEWOOD HOMES6632 91ST ST NW
- Chris Fritsch Custom Homes LLC844 Zumbro Woods Ln NW
- CJ Bernard LLC25819 615th St
- COMPLETE CONCRETE229 70TH AVE SW
- Creative Decking & Remodeling LLC215 Pine Ridge Ct SW
- C & J BUILDERS INC
- Dahl Home Builders Inc2503 48th St SW
- Derby Construction6341 Oak Meadow Ln NW
- DESIGN BUILDERS PLUS LLC107 HIGHWAY 63 S
- Designer Exteriors, Inc254 E 4th St
- Diamond construction & Remodeling LLC1206 10th St SW
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dahl Home Builders Inc
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Overton's Construction & Exteriors2234 Lenwood Dr SW
- Overton's Construction & Exteriors
- Radcliffe Homes & Remodeling6885 County Rd 6 SW
- RAVEN BUILDERS12049 CANNON CITY BLVD
- Redemptive Roofing LLC5486 Eisenhower Ln SE
- Reynolds Design + ConstructionP.O. Box 8489
- RICK GERMAN CONSTRUCTION2725 25TH AVE SE
- Robert Gill Builder Inc511 Northern Hills Dr NE 1
- Radcliffe Homes & Remodeling
- Seitz Construction1016 7th St NW
- Shanahan Building and Remodeling, LLC1224 W Center St
- Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance12350 Holly St NW
- St. Martin Construction LLC1309 Windbreak Ct NE
- Steve Gentry Construction LLC2307 7th St NW
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Seitz Construction
- William Bardwell Co LLC618 2nd Ave NE
- William Bardwell Co LLC