Few things are more frustrating than a malfunctioning AC unit on a hot day. Here are nine AC troubleshooting tips to get the cool air flowing again.
Get matched with top home builders in Jackson, MN
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Jackson
- John HaabalaJohn and his guys were great. They were trustworthy and did a good job. We were out of state for some of the time and felt good leaving our project in John's hands.
- Tysdal ConstructionI highly recommend Tysdal Construction and JerameTysdal to anyone who is building a new home or have other construction projects. We’re just celebrating the first-year anniversary of our new home and we’re just as thrilled today as we were the day we moved in. We were totally inexperienced in working with a home builder and needed someone who could walk us through the complexities of building a home from start to finish. Jerame was that person. He’s a perfectionist which is what we wanted from someone who was building our house. Secondly, he is honest and has high standards in both his profession and his personal life. To begin the process, we had numerous meetings over a period of many months working with Jerame on the floor plan. My wife and I had different ideas on how the house plan should be laid out, but Jerame had the patience of Jobe and was able to work with us to come up with a design we both liked. Before we signed the contract, we knew exactly what the construction and labor costs were going to be and what the allowances we agreed upon for areas such as lighting and plumbing fixtures. While Jerame has some subcontractors in certain areas that he prefers to work with, he was very flexible in allowing us to be involved, as much or little as we wanted to be, in selecting some of the subcontractors. During the construction, if a subcontractor’s work didn’t meet our expectations Jerame made sure they came back and did it over to our satisfaction. We lived an hour away from the building site, so it wasn’t always convenient to jump in the car and see the day to day progress. However, Jerame would occasionally text us pictures, keeping us informed of their progress. If anything unexpected came up he would always get in touch with us to explain the situation, including our options and the budget implications, and then allowed us to tell him how to proceed. The Tysdal crew and office staff were great to work with. When we would stop by during working hours, Brent would always explain what the crew was working on and what their next project would be. They always made sure at the end of the day to clean up their work areas. Jeanna and Amy were always very helpful and quick to get us the answers to any of our questions. Many things can affect the timing of a house being completed when it’s originally scheduled to be done. In our case, Mother Nature had a lot to do with our house being delayed a bit. For starters, late fall rains prevented the basement from being dug when it was scheduled. During that winter they lost over two weeks of work due to the bitter cold. Jerame has a policy that if the temperature is ten degrees below zero at the start of the workday, they call it off. Something I can certainly appreciate in protecting his crew. One final note. Although my wife and I aren’t golfers our seven-year-old granddaughter decided she wanted to take up golfing. A couple of months ago we took her to a local driving range to practice hitting golf balls and met Jerame who was practicing during his lunch break. We learned he’s an assistant golf coach for the Battle Lake girls’ golf team. He asked if he could give Lainey some pointers and proceeded to take quite a bit of his time to give her a lesson on hitting golf balls with all her clubs. So, ten months after our house was completed my contractor was helping my granddaughter learn how to golf. My kind of contractor
- Sisu Builders LLCSISU Builders responded quickly to our request by visiting our home and providing a written quote within a couple days. SISU Builders showed up to do the work when they said they would and worked long hours to make sure our home was sealed to the elements. They did quality work, cleaned up the site and best of all, the final bill came in under the estimate. We would hire SISU Builders again
- Tysdal ConstructionI engaged Tysdal Construction as the General Contractor on a Commercial Office Building and would do so over and over again. He helped carry the project from design (very interactive program that allowed you to see what the finished product would look like before even breaking ground), to a very complex permitting process involving Government Regulation, to keeping us on time even and on budget. They were awesome at communicating everything during the construction phase to keep us informed. I would contract with Jerame and his crew again if i had the need
- Tysdal ConstructionTysdal Construction has been very responsive since day one. They helped us through the variance process since we lived on a lake and had a unique situation to work through with new construction along with the design/ building process. The design process they use allows for customization and wide selection of products to be used based on the budget for your project. The employees and subcontractors were friendly and great to work with as we checked-in throughout the project. I personally liked how they were well connected with local businesses to assist us in the selection of building materials for our new home. The one item that I can't stress enough is the level of detail they put into their homes as they strive for perfection in their work. After our project was done I had company over to enjoy a summer weekend and I received compliments on how well the finishing work was completed from the trim, cabinets, drywall, lighting and beyond. Those compliments came from one person who has built 4 new homes in their lifetime and another was a contractor by trade. That says a lot on the quality of work that they deliver on
- Tysdal ConstructionOver the past few years we have engaged Tysdal Construction on a number of projects. We have always found them to operate with the highest level of integrity, making sure the projects were completed in a quality fashion, within the time frame and budget agreed to. The largest project we engaged them to do was the design and construction of our year-round lake cabin. The design process used by Jerame included frequent engagement on our part, resulting in the end product is meeting all of our needs perfectly. As important, this project was completed in a quality fashion, in the agreed upon time frame and with-in budget
- Tysdal ConstructionTysdal did a great job. Very professional, kind, and timely. They went over the top to get the work done. All employees were professional, courteous and kind. Thank you Tysdal Construction for doing a great job. Some of the work they did required some real configuring and ingenuity because of the way one of the walls was situated. It turned out beautiful!!
- Kevin A. Yeager Studio of DesignKevin handled every step of our project from concept drawings to finish. He did the plans and worked with us to choose a builder through bids and an assessment of their capabilities. He managed the project flawlessly even though we were in California for 4 months during construction. Kevin is extremely creative, a masterful communicator and fun to work with. He is always available for questions even years after the project. We would do it again in a heartbeat and highly recommend him
- Residential Building ContractorAfter Patty at Billman Home Center 5010 Miller Trunk Hwy.Duluth, MN 55811 218-729-8232 did the measurements and drew the schematics, Gary started the demo and measured for the counters and cabinets which he had fabricated by an outside contractor to my wife?s desires. He did an excellent job.
- RISLAND CONTRACTINGStarted out with desire to update existing bathroom which served as both master bath and the guest bath (two doors). Eliminating a door to this bath gave need to add new guest bath on main floor. I figured while I had contractors here I would have them update my kitchen cabinets to make room for a new fridge as existing fridge smaller and older (but still functioning- now in basement). This morphed - at my request - into completely redoing kitchen. Got a few quotes for this work and decided on Risland Contracting. Very happy I did! Andy Risland first impressed me by bringing a plumber with him when coming to do the estimate. He continued to impress me with his work and his choice of subcontractors. The professionalism of this group of workers was fabulous. The demolition stage was hard- I did not move out (although dogs did for for weekdays). But Risland made the process easier by thoughful acts. For instance after 2-3 weeks of living in a total mess, I was delighted when the plumber, Greg Claypool, temporarily fashioned an old laundry sink in my kitchen so I would have running water there rather than having to go down basement bathroom to wash my hands or rinse a cup. Another day, during the rebuild, the kitchen cabinets were delivered early (yes early). They were stacked in my livingroom from floor to ceiling with only a small path around. When Andy called me at work to update me I asked if he had left a clear view of the television as there was a game I really wanted to watch that night, and due to electrical work watching television in another area of home was not then possible. He made another trip out to the house (25 miles one way) just to clear this path, at the end of his workday. The cabinet subcontractor was Mark Adams from North Country Custom Cabinets and he was also a delight to work with.After I chose cabinets for bathrooms, he drove me to the granite warehouse 100 miles away to pick out granite for kitchen, and then over to company that makes the countertops from slabs. There we went out in snow and looked at remnants for the bathroom countertops as I wanted different looks in different rooms. At this point I was still somewhat hopeful that exisitng kitchen cabinets could be salvaged with the renovations, but it became clear that they would not survive well. And as I had selected a gorgeous granite for the kitchen I decided to finish the project properly by replacing the cabinets. I was not pressured into this decision, both Andy and Mark were still willing to try to make old cabinets work.. Time was of the essence, as the work had already begun and contractors had timeline for everything. Mark showed me hundreds of samples, and then mock ups on his computer to show finished project....this all in my own home when I got back from work. Andy had stayed also to discuss change in project, timelines, and cost this new plan would entail. I chose rustic hickory cabinets and they are absolutely beautiful. Other folks involved were Jeff Van D*** who did all the ceramic tile work in bathroom and kitchen, Floor to Ceiling in Bemidji (Linda) who designed bathroom ceramic work after I picked out tiles/accent, and Besslers Electric. Final note: people were shocked when I said I liked my contractor and had no problems. Not having had a lot of previous experience with contractors I was surpised to hear so many horror stories from others. No compaints from me. Everything turned out fabuous and I have nothing but praise for all involved. Thank you Risland Contracting for making my home so beautiful and for making the renovation process as painless as possible
House Builders in Jackson
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens
- Business Description:Affordable Custom Homes Custom Drafting & Design Services
- Business Description:We are more than just windows...we are the Affordable Way!! Call for a free in-home estimate at (320) 217-5251 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.orgRecent Review:Jeremy and Jessica sold us the windows and installed them for us themselves. We could tell by his attention to detail that Jeremy has had a lot of experience in window installation. We observed every step of the installation process, and he explained to us exactly what he was doing and why. They stand by the quality of their work and encouraged us to contact them right away if we had any questions or concerns. We will definitely hire this local Minnesota business again if we choose to install more new windows in our homeEric S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:I received my radon results in a timely manner. I did not hire them specifically, (so, I cannot say I would hire them again) the local company contracted them for this service. The home inspector I hired, handled this service for me and included the results in his reportIlene E.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:To Expert House Movers <br /> We wanted to let you know just how pleased we are with the work you did on our house. Before we contacted you, we had several other contractors look at our home. We actually had hired another contractor, who took such a long time, never returned our calls, missed meetings, and took months to even get us our bid. And when that contractor did get us our bid, it was more than doubled our previously discussed budget! <br /> That is when we called you, you came out immediately, was extremely professional, but more importantly, you had a personal interaction with both me and my wife throughout the entire process. You answered all our phone calls, all of our questions, and talked with us throughout the entire process. We felt extremely confident and assured through the entire lift. This house is our dream house and we are going to live in it until we die, and you knew how much it meant to us, and you took care of it as if it were your own. <br /> As you know, my wife ended up in the hospital with some complications with her surgery while you were working on our home, and you took such great care of our house. You knew she was very disappointed that she could not be there, as she designed the foundation window placements and had a big part in the doors and steps. Your crew was so kind and so professional and meticulous, that they knew that two particular windows were very important to my wife. Your crew wanted to get them perfect and asked me some questions about them, that I could not answer. My wife was feeling better, but still in the hospital, and I called her on the phone, while your crew waited for me, as she and I discussed for several minutes the exact placement of the windows. Some minor changes had to be made and your crew could have easily just slapped the two windows in the new location, which was only slightly off of the original plan, and be done with it, but they stopped and pointed out where my wife originally wanted them and the new location difference and wanted to be sure that my wife understood the change, and wanted me to talk to my wife first. I was so very impressed that they made the adjustments on the spot that my wife suggested over the phone. I don’t think any other company would have gone through this much trouble to please their customers! <br /> You also were very respectful of our property, neighbors, and your crew were always very willing to stop and explain the process of what was going to happen next. Not one time did we ever feel like we were in your way. Actually, it was the opposite, we felt like you and your crew were very excited to show us your equipment and how it worked and actually wanted us around so we could see how it all worked and so we could see for ourselves how everything was perfect - and it was! <br /> We will always remember you and think of you so highly. Thank you for making the beginning our home building so easy and off to such a perfect start. There are so many things that can go wrong when redoing a home, and having it go off with such a perfect start gives us such great hope. You have certainly set bar very high for the other contractors that will be coming in for the other parts of the home! Your company and its crew should be very proud of its work. You do a job that is very difficult, complex and tedious, but you do it with care, expertise, and perfection. We actually miss you guys and wish you were around. You are like family to us. We only wish we could rate your service and staff A++ , if there were such a rating. <br /> All our best and blessings, <br /> Randy and Elizabeth <br /Randy W.
- Business Description:Custom design teams, experianced contractors and professional representaion.
- Business Description:We specialize in Residential, Commercial, and Automotive high quality window tinting. We have been in business since 1989. We offer free estimates and lifetime warranties. Save your household, business and vehicle furnishings
- Business Description:We’re a privately owned custom timber frame builder located in the Lakes Country of Central Minnesota. We build the majority of our timber frames in the Midwest, however we have erected our timber frames all over the US. Please browse our website and feel free to contact us if you have any questions
- Business Description:We build hand crafted log homes. We cut the trees, take the bark off the trees and build a log home with the full logs. These are not kit homes. Located in Grand Rapids, MN.
- Business Description:Progressive Lending Solutions/Mortgage located MN and WI, offers mortgage consulting services to clients throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. Secure your real estate loans and contact us at 651-636-2840Recent Review:David Youngs did an excellent joby guiding me through the process as a first time home buyer. He worked lots of overtime for me. Got me a good rate and I was able to get into my townhome in time. <br />Jennifer L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Find home builders in
home builders in Jackson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
Leominster, Massachusetts 01453
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- GENERATION BUILDERS12477 NORTHGATE LN
Crosslake, Minnesota 56442
- GENERATION BUILDERS
- Little Alaska Cabin Company, Inc30347 Julliard St NE
North Branch, Minnesota 55056
- Little Alaska Cabin Company, Inc
- Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance12350 Holly St NW
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55448
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- STROMBERG CONSTRUCTION LLC41372 LITTLE CLARA DR
DEER RIVER, Minnesota 56636
- SUPER DUTY CONSTRUCTION34616 410TH ST SE
Fosston, Minnesota 56542
- Silent Watchdog Video Surveillance