SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar

Founded 2009 • With Angi since February 2015

The highest quality solar panels, with the industry's best and longest warranty, expertly installed by the first SunPower Master Dealer in Massachusetts. Let us show you how going solar with SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar is the best option for your wallet, the Earth, and your long-term investment in solar. Don't let all that sunshine go to waste! Serving eastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod, with offices in Woburn, MA and Sandwich, MA. Locally owned, celebrating 13 years in business in 2022....

A Service Provider's profile image

+8 more images

solar companies (32)

10/17/2020

Josaphat T.

Installation was great. Some of the panels are flawed. Very disappointed with SunPower. Defective solar panels since April. No definite word on replacements after multiple inquiries. Go elsewhere, my friends! #ditchsunpower #sunpower

Description of Work
Installation and replacement of flawed panels

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

04/25/2020

Michael M.

I looked at many different solar companies. I choose SunPower by BlueSel because they seemed to have a superior product. I wasn't disappointed. Dave Judelson from BlueSel was the solar consultant I worked with. He is a true honest professional. Don't hesitate to higher BlueSel. They did a great job me.

Description of Work
Solar panel installaion

Work Completed On 08/31/2019

Nancy O.

I would recommend BlueSel Home Solar without hesitation. Michael Tanghe,who is the president and handle my sale was professional, knowledgeable and offered a comprehensive explanation of all the benefits of Solar power. The installation team was timely, efficient and neat. In my opinion, BlueSel Home Solar is the only Solar company to use. I was very satisfied with all aspects of my encounter with BlueSel Home Solar. It is a well run and professional company.

Description of Work
Instillation of solar panels

Work Completed On 10/30/2019

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]. We really appreciate when our customers recognize us as you have.

Mark D.

Great. Got exactly what we needed. Were able to make mid course change. Everything worked perfectly. Project management on their end was not excellent but certainly very good. Responsive and attentive. Good result.

Description of Work
Solar panel design, brand choice, cost modeling, installation and service

Work Completed On 07/13/2016

Review for SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar - 17 Jan Sebastian Dr, Sandwich, MA - 38205880

Thanks for the review and glad your system meets your need. It's a great looking system on a beautiful home. Enjoy!

WILLIAM B.

BlueSel Home Solar did an outstanding job of installing my 7kW residential solar system in May of 2018! They were prompt in getting me information on the design and pricing, which was very competitive. They took care of all applications with the utility and state, as well as permitting with the town. My panels look great and we have had no issues with the SunPower panels or the SolarEdge inverter. In the first year of installation, my total electric cost was $55 ... For the year! I would highly reccommend this product from BlueSel Home Solar!

Description of Work
Solar System Installation

Work Completed On 05/21/2018

Review for SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar - 17 Jan Sebastian Dr, Sandwich, MA - 38204274

Thanks, Will. Your new annual electric bill of $55 makes us proud, because we spend a good deal of time and energy in designing a system that meets our customers' needs. And thanks for posting the pictures ... it is a great looking system.

Joe B.

The entire installation process was fantastic. The crew is extremely professional and does great work. The pre-installation process was handled completely by the BlueSel office, all I had to do was take care of securing the loan, and the system has worked flawlessly since my installation in April of 2017. I would recommend them to anyone looking to have Solar installed on their home.

Description of Work
Installed Roof Mounted SunPower Solar panels

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

Review for SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar - 17 Jan Sebastian Dr, Sandwich, MA - 38218026

Glad you mentioned the process. We try to make it easy for homeowners to go solar. There's a lot that happens in the background that we take care of to make the whole experience as easy as possible. Enjoy your system!

05/17/2018

Scott G.

After getting multiple quotes, I learned that BlueSel was a SunPower Master Dealer and called them for a quote. Rob Greer and the entire BlueSel team were prompt, professional and knowledge. Their pricing was competitive so I chose BlueSel to install a 20 panel solar array. The system is working perfectly and the panels look great! If you are considering solar panels I recommend BlueSel without reservation.

Description of Work
SunPower Solar System

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

Thanks for the kind review. It's always nice to hear that our focus on every aspect of our work is recognized and appreciated.

04/06/2018

Christopher H.

They installed a system for me in May of last year. The work was flawless. We developed a minor glitch in the system about a month ago and after contacting them they worked tirelessly to resolve the issue. Came out twice to replace one component and to do some minor programming. They are really a great group and have always been a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
minor repair work to a previous solar installation

Work Completed On 04/06/2018

We're delighted to hear how pleased you are! Thanks for leaving your review, and don't forget to tell your friends and neighbors about your experience of going solar with SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar. We call it the Solar Neighbor Referral Program. Check it out at www.BlueSel.com/Neighbor

01/13/2018

John L.

Went smoothly--this is the second time we have used them. They were referred to me by a contractor I trust, so I did not shop around for price and don't want to rate that aspect. However, my dealings with the company have been very positive--we had a complication on the first job that was handled very fairly.

Description of Work
Solar panels

Work Completed On 01/13/2018

Thanks! And, if you ever have another project, we'd be happy to work with you again. It's always great to work with great customers.

12/20/2017

Frank G.

We couldn’t have been happier with our experience with Blue Sel. Rob was patient, consistently helpful and upbeat throughout the process. Definitely the right kind of person to have explaining things in your living room, walking the site, or talking on the phone. We worked through paperwork with Carolyn, and she was likewise cheerful and available. The techs doing the installation work were also competent, good natured and great to have around, and Joe the project manager sent frequent and timely updates and was always fast and responsive by email. There were a few glitches and delays (none their fault), but each time Rob or Carolyn were happy to work them through with us. This is a business with a real commitment to its customers. If there is one downside, it is that they are very popular and busy. You’ll want to get things started early because they are usually scheduled months out. We feel lucky to have worked with them. Kim and Frank Garcia

Description of Work
Install solar power unit and register us with the Mass Solar program

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

Thanks for your detailed and kind review! We work hard to make the process of going solar as easy as possible for those homeowners that trust us with their homes. Enjoy your solar energy system!

12/05/2017

Breton H.

The team at BlueSel were very professional and not pushy during the sales process (unlike others I dealt with briefly while exploring solar). Throughout the install, permitting, and time afterwards to get the system inspected, I was kept in the loop and made aware of exactly where I was in the process. I couldn't be more pleased with the system. I'm now compulsively checking my Sun Power app every sunny day to monitor the savings.

Description of Work
Installed rooftop solar on my house in West Newbury.

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

08/25/2017

LYNN C.

They did a great job. That's when I discovered the electrical problem. They did a lot of work. We have either 33 of 34 panels on the roof of the best kind, so it was expensive. Supposedly in seven or eight years we'll break even. They were very responsive in every way. When we had questions, when there was an issue, they handled it very professionally, very nice.

Description of Work
Solar panel installation.

Work Completed On 06/20/2016

Thanks for the great review. We've installed a lot of systems in Newton, and are so glad you've decided to generate your own clean electricity from the sun! On sunny days like today, it's especially satisfying. Tell your friends and neighbors ... our Solar Neighbor Program provides a $500 referral fee for referrals that go solar with SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar. [Hyperlink removed]

06/09/2017

Lalor B.

Great job! Only problems were around winter/spring weather, Eversource response times, and Newton inspection issues. The system has been up and running for several weeks and today (6/9) I had the final walk-thru with Rob Greer, the sales rep, This was not a quickie project: We started the process in January by contacting BlueSel after looking at Newton resources and Angie's List. Lots of unavoidable lag time in designing the system, ordering the equipment, scheduling installation, etc., but after all it was a construction project with several players. It was a bit complicated by the fact that the panels are on our garage roof so the wiring had to run underground to the house. We added to the complexity by installing a 240V line from the house back to the garage for a potential EV charging station. (Foley Electric, from Carver, MA, did a great job on the project itself and this extra.) The annoying delays (probably two weeks total) were in getting the Newton inspection (Electrical, followed by Building) sign-offs and just waiting tor Eversource to approve the project and install the new meter. Generally a good experience!

Description of Work
Determine if solar would work for us, design a system, install it, and follow up.

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

You're correct that, in a construction project like this, there are several players and multiple steps dependent upon one another. At SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar, we do our best to minimize delays and tasks for our customers, with the goal of installing the best system possible for the site that will meet your needs. We're so pleased that, despite some delays, you recognized the hard work we put into the project and gave us a great rating. Please tell your friends and neighbors, we've installed dozens of systems in Newton. Thanks so much for your kind words and wonderful review!

02/22/2017

Monique T.

I learned that this is a long process. First assessment, installing on roof, installing internal electrical/solar meters/recording unit/circuit breaker panel, then inspections, tweaking, re-visit to explain operating the system, and documents and websites to sign in on. The solar system has been up and running smoothly since the beginning of 2017 (connected at end of year 2016). Appears to be working as designed (generating more solar power than I use on most days considering the snow we've had). System has a total of 9 solar panels (I conserve my usage as much as possible so I don't need many panels), PV system size is 2.943 kW DC

Description of Work
BlueSel installed solar panels on my roof (purchased, not leased).

Work Completed On 12/19/2016

Thanks for your kind review! We're so happy that you've gone solar, and we know you will be as well..

11/21/2016

James K.

The installation went very smoothly and was actually done ahead of schedule for exactly the price I was quoted up front. Everyone I dealt with at BlueSel was highly competent and extremely professional. They were happy to go through several iterations of the design to get the right number of panels situated in the right location on my roof. Once the system went live, it actually generated more power than their conservative estimate, such that we had a surplus in September. I would absolutely recommend BlueSel to anyone interested in solar panels.

Description of Work
SunPower by BlueSel Home Solar installed solar panels on my roof.

Work Completed On 08/11/2016

Thanks for the kind review! It's always nice to hear from happy customers.

07/07/2016

Aaron C.

Excellent knowledge, price competitive, great communication, rainy weather impacted installation time line. Quality of work was excellent.

Description of Work
Install 5.5 kw rooftop solar PV system.

Work Completed On 06/23/2016

07/06/2016

Karen C.

Fabulous. Blue Sel were very professional. They communicated every step of the process and made sure I understood everything that was happening and when. They did all the work they needed with access from outside the house, even when I offered them to come through the house. The install was very quick and on schedule. They showed up when they said they would and did not leave me waiting all day. They left the site in the same shape as when they arrived. They followed up afterwards to make sure I didn't have any questions. Panels are all working well. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
Install solar panels on my roof and hook my system up to the grid.

Work Completed On 03/18/2016

07/06/2016

Joerg M.

Timely submission of proposal Complete explanations of services and what to expect Set up of project timeline with timely and accurate updates of project progress, especially if something was delayed we did not have to follow up but BlueSel Home Solar proactively notified us. All promised dates were kept including the start up of system. We were very impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of field and office staff. We would definitely use them again. The Sun Power Product does exactly what they promised us it would. We are very happy.

Description of Work
Obtain all permits, install 24 solar panels and coordinate with Power Company and Town the start up of the system

Work Completed On 09/23/2015

We so appreciate your very kind review! We're sure you'll be enjoying your solar energy system for many years to come. All the best!

07/01/2016

Barbara P.

They were great from the start. The crew and office support delivered exactly as the salesman promises. That is not always my experience. They also handled all needed permitting paperwork and all the filings needed for the state program too. The crew who did the first study and then the installation were professional, neat and did a great job. Office support to get the system up and running was great as well.

Description of Work
Evaluated solar needs installed system including all permits needed and contacts with electric company.

Work Completed On 12/12/2015

As much as you appreciated us, we appreciate when our customers take the time to write up a review. Congratulations on going solar!

07/01/2016

karen R.

very well..completed mostly in one day. return for follow up and completion was prompt.

Description of Work
installed solar panels

Work Completed On 12/01/2015

Thanks so much for you kind review! It's a pleasure to have helped you go solar, and we're sure you'll be enjoying your solar energy for many years to come!

06/30/2016

Connie C.

I was very pleased with the service and responsiveness of the salesman and the company in general. There were times during the installation that they did not come as expected, but it was mostly the electrician rather than the installers who did not show up. The quality of the Sunpower panels is outstanding and the Blue Sel company did an excellent job of installation. They are very busy so it took a while to secure the permits and to install the solar panels, and to get everything up and running.When we had a problem with the system after it was completed, they came that very day to fix the small problem and to get the panels up and running again. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Installed 37 Sunpower solar panels on roof, got all permits, converted production of electricity from getting it from Electric company to solar panel production. Showed us how to monitor solar panel production online, and to apply for SRECs.

Work Completed On 06/28/2016

As with any project, scheduling glitches can occur, so we're happy you're understanding. More importantly, we're so glad that you took the time to write a great review and would recommend us. Enjoy your new SunPower solar energy system!

01/02/2016

david H.

All went well. System and cost options were well presented. Someone was always sales and technical staff responded promptly to questions and were always helpful. Took a long time from the initial agreement (~june) but that was due to heavy workload, and work was done on the schedule given. Work crew was called away early a couple times, but delayed no more than a day. Took a while after installation to get the final inspection --- electrician was a no-show for the first appointment, so that probably added an additional week to re-schedule. But all-in-all, went pretty much as planned, and is now a functional system.

Description of Work
installed rooftop solar panels, electrical system.

Work Completed On 12/11/2015

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear it went well, despite our full schedule. Enjoy your new solar energy system and your new, lower, electric bills!

11/17/2015

Joshua J.

We found Blue Sel through the Newton Solar Challenge program. Blue Sel worked with us through almost a year-long process of discovery, planning and replanning, and eventually installation. We found them to be professional, reliable and courteous throughout the process, particularly Dave our rep and Brandon our main installer tech. The system just launched last week and we are glad that Blue Sel backs up their work.

Description of Work
Installed rooftop solar panels and connection to grid