Dicky Matos Roofing

Founded 2003 • With Angi since November 2013

Dicky Matos is your local construction professional that serves homeowners and businesses with exceptional customer service. With over 16 years of professional experience and expertise, you can count on Dicky Matos to complete your project on time and within the agreed upon budget. We take pride in

4.4

roofing (23)gutter repair (3)siding companies (2)window replacement (1)

09/23/2020

Caro S.

They're very nice people when you chat with them but it's been a month and we haven't even been able to get an estimate for our project. The first few rounds of phone calls were timely but after that, we got ghosted. Multiple calls weren't returned and booked appointments were missed with no follow-up. Someone finally arrived to look at the roof and promised an estimate and two weeks later we've heard nothing.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

08/08/2020

Ned R.

Basically, Dicky Matos' crew did an absolutely horrible job. In essence they slapped a sloppily done, commercial roof on my beautiful victorian home. The day they finished the work, I called Dicky to say that the roof looked horrible. He said he would come back and fix it. I literally called and called for 5 months. Finally, he agreed to come and fix it. On the day they were to come, I waited and waited, but nobody showed up and nobody called. I find Dicky Matos to be Incredibly unprofessional, disrespectful and unethical. In the process of having my roof fixed, I've had two other professional roofers look at what the roof they put on. One said, "It looks like Micky Mouse did this roof!" Here is a detailed list of the things that were done incorrectly and sloppily: 1. The rubber roof was not installed correctly. They used a termination bar to secure the rubber roofing OVER the siding, rather than removing the siding and trim boards to properly flash against the house. 2. The rubber roofing material was not only over the siding, but also on the trim of the house, on both sides. It was easy to see and very ugly. 1. There are bubbles/wrinkles all over the rubber roof. The rubber should lay flat. 3. The workers were careless with glue. Long lines of drippings on top of the rubber roof and patches of yellow glue on the siding (ruined the siding) and on the drip edge. Could have been cleaned up while still wet. (Dicky swears that they don’t use glue, but a self-adhesive.) 4. Drip Edge not installed properly, not straight and starting to buckle in several places. 5. They used a commercial (wide) drip edge instead of a residential drip edge which is narrower and more aesthetic and more appropriate for a house. 6. They didn’t finish caulking the carpentry work/repair on the soffit 7. They did not add a nailer around the edge of the roof to attach the drip edge to the roof. 8. The insulation board they used was thicker than what was needed for this residential job. That type of insulation board is generally used for commercial applications.

Description of Work
Put a rubber roof on a flat front porch.

Work Completed On 02/27/2020

Review for Dicky Matos Roofing - 23 Hadley Mill Road, Holyoke, MA - 38783733

04/19/2020

richard L.

Very well . He was prompt, came twice and as far as I know fixed our problem with the gutters.

Description of Work
leaking gutters repaired

Category gutter repair

Work Completed On 04/19/2020

04/02/2020

Nancy C.

Carlos came from Dicky Matos, looked at the needed work, stated they would send an estimate but never heard from them again.

Description of Work
Gutter work repair and install covers, minor window repairs/replace

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

11/11/2019

mary Q.

Excellent. They were diligent, professional, super clean up of property. Polite too!

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

05/03/2019

David R.

Roof still going strong, after the wettest Fall-Spring combo on record. Installed spring of 2018, still looks good and no leaks or problems, even around four skylights, existing at the time of the roof installation. Dicky and his crew did a great job.

Description of Work
replace multi-level roof on small house

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

12/24/2018

Edward G.

Brought in 8 employees, removed old roof and weather tight in one day, installed new shingles the next morning. Job was extremely well done. I am a retired contractor and they not only did it just the way I would have, but also accommodated some of the peculiarities of our house. Their clean up was impeccable. They left the job spotless.

Description of Work
Stripped off old shingles roof and installed new.

Work Completed On 11/01/2018

10/28/2018

Raphael D.

Never returned my calls despite multiple follow-ups. Quite disappointed.

Description of Work
Requested estimates for work to be done at a couple of properties

Work Completed On 10/28/2018

09/05/2018

Ana A.

Called once and said would call back, never did

Description of Work
Repair Roof

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

08/13/2018

Samantha M.

What an amazing experience to work with this company: courteous, professional and thorough. Clean up was great. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New roof with gutter repairs and cricket added to chimney

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 07/27/2018

04/17/2018

theresa S.

Excellent. Entire job, including cleanup, performed in one day. Impressive considering the old roof had to be removed and we required plywood before new roof could go on. We had a couple of minor issues a few days afterwards and they were here within hours to correct them. I would not hesitate to either recommend them or to hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced old roof, including new plywood

Work Completed On 03/31/2018

03/08/2018

David R.

Great. Very responsive and the price was in line with other estimates.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles, replaced some plywood decking, put on new shingles

Work Completed On 02/21/2018

04/27/2016

Joe O.

Description of Work
New plywood and shingles.

Work Completed On 03/25/2016

Thank you, we gladly appreciate your review. Any further questions or comments please contact us, thank you for choosing Dicky Matos Roofing! Our pleasure.

01/22/2016

Leverett B.

Description of Work
One house, a garage, & a barn Reshingled. Great job

Work Completed On 01/15/2016

12/25/2015

Jeffrey C.

Description of Work
Replacement of whole roof

Work Completed On 12/21/2015

12/15/2015

jeffrey A.

Description of Work
Came when he said he would and the price was reasonable. Very rushed job and several details were not done correctly such as the flashing around the dormer also care in removing the old roofing was not taken as several areas around the eavs had damaged trim and the flashing around the chimney was damaged. Also was not very care full moving his heavy equipment around the yard Wich resulted in my walk way being damaged and needed to be repaired.I suggest this contractor needs to slow down and pay more attention to quality than quantity. One other thing is he never followed up to check our satisfaction once he got the check we never heard from him again.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

10/14/2015

Thomas L.

Description of Work
never returned call.. Very rude when finally spoke to someone to leave a message.

Work Completed On 10/13/2015

10/13/2015

james S.

I got 3 bids to replace my roof, Dicky's was the lowest by a big margin. He is very responsive - always answers his phone. DMR is a family business which uses NO subcontractors.He has all the hi tech tools to do the job well and efficiently, by a team of (in my case 10 ) respectful,knowledgeable and well coordinated people. He does what he says he will do - very professional. His team did the whole job in one day - tare off , 2 layers - R&R a lot of vinyl siding so that step flashing could be installed properly - ending with a great clean up job. There was some damage of the vinyl siding during removal. These were replaced with new - right away. I have already recommended DMR to others. DMR did their roofs and they are just as happy as I am.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced asphalt shingle roof.

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 09/18/2015

09/18/2015

Davette W.

After procrastinating for the past three years, I finally decided to take bids for a new roof. I knew my roof could not go through another New England Winter. I received four estimates and decided to go with Mr. Matos from DMR. He was prompt and courtesy in all avenue of our interactions. However, what impressed me the most was his honesty. After talking with a couple of his competitors, I had additional questions. I called Mr. Matos, who was on a job. We arranged to meet after he finished the job he was on. Again, he went around the house, in the attic, and answered all my additional questions. He made sure I was comfortable with the process. His crew arrived on time, and completed the job within the two day timeframe, The clean up was impeccable. If you looking for an honest, hardworking man, I would highly recommend, Mr. Matos from DMR.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 09/14/2015

04/11/2015

R T.

One section required rubber roofing which he installed perfectly. He is honest, shows up on time and did not leave until I was completely satisfied. That was easy because he did the job right the first time. Cleanup was immediate and complete. I would hire him again, and I did.

Description of Work
Stripped the old roof and installed new roofing.

Work Completed On 11/01/2014

02/17/2015

chris F.

Good communication, on time, work done as promised

Description of Work
Tear off and new roof

Work Completed On 01/28/2015

01/06/2015

Robert C.

An excellent value overall, very friendly and helpful. Some rough edges on finish work, some communication issues with workers but overall I would reccomend this company.

Description of Work
New roof, windows, doors, floor refinsh, electric tune up.

Work Completed On 02/12/2014

08/08/2014

Debra S.

I was so impressed. I called 2 other roofing contractors and one showed up late. Mr Matos came to my house twice. The first time he introduced himself and looked to see what I needed done. He came back the next day and did a more thorough inspection. He gave me an estimate and I agreed to his terms. A few days later he and his crew showed up and did an excellent job. They were, quick, efficient, professional and clean. I had a tight budget and he was able to work within my budget. If I ever need his services again I will definitely give him a call.

Description of Work
My porch roof was in poor condition and a portion was on the verge of collapse. Dicky Matos came and replaced the collapsing part and repaired the rest.